Previous Version of FAQ: pastebin.com/fQsNafrk
Read the FAQ before you ask questions.
Suggested Changes: piratepad.net/YwogqyaUro

>Useful Links
Wiki: alicesoft.wikia.com/wiki/AliceSoftWiki:Main_Page
Alicesoft Image Booru: haniho.booru.org/
Rance Game Translation Chart:
haniho.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=6059
Rance World Notes (Translated): mega.nz/#!nRESUJYZ!ZqoypfshkozVBFpeFGI3Oi5xBtU22SjnrnfjIo2SUGY

Check pastebin for FAQs, downloads and General Hints!

>Recently Released
Beat Valkyrie Ixseal - sukebei.nyaa.si/view/2332124
Steve[Monster] SR Mod - mega.nz/#!JEwnzLZK!8k3-9LiPXVwG2znwHRLtTOCUaour_fXhQfqUit0IP8g
DARKNESSHERO SR Rance Mod - mega.nz/#F!VloWzD6B!trEkYLMKASDXIYsGdLa8jw

Rance X
sukebei.nyaa.si/view/2441678
Hook Code
/HSN30:0@00614875:
Gameplay Explanation:
mega.nz/#!n9RjzQ5Q!YXmlYiuxNnaHvHui3YJIzK_4Fju2KSc9ByjJBQbVfEc
VNR Guide:
mega.nz/#!appSkIDK!-UF7M0_T-QHBQd4ibErlIjJZuChdDp-qpmZXWSlVaj0
Cards List:
pastebin.com/RrThBVcH
Portraits:
mega.nz/#!Xg5SSZLa!T96Dow70AVz-7-hev83wor-FYJR7QWHFvAwMhDETwT8

>Upcoming Games
English
Evenicle (English) - Likely Early 2018
Sengoku Rance (English) - After Evenicle
Rance Quest Magnum (English) - Likely 2019
mangagamer.org/rance/

Japanese
RPG 3- by the Evenicle team (New IP)
Dohna Dohna - by the Rance 03 Team (New IP)
Loli MILF Nukige - by the MILF nukige team
'Heartwarming' VN - by the Atlach Nacha writer

Haniwa Development Studio:
blog.alicesoft.com/archives/cat_92268.html

Remember to use spoiler tags when discussing untranslated games!

Attached: 67412477_p0.png (1254x885, 660K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.co.jp/s/ref=search_black_curtain_yes?_encoding=UTF8&fap=1&ie=UTF8&ie=UTF8&ie=UTF8&ie=UTF8&qid=1519803719&redirect=true&redirect=true&redirect=true&redirect=true&rh=n:637392,n:!637630,n:927712&srs=2349333051
alicesoft.wikia.com/wiki/Rance_X:Walkthrough
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why is she bad with technology?

Compatibility

So how do you do the Sky route and when can you do it?

Reminder that Maria is god's gift to the universe

Please be patient with Pi-R, he has autism.

How do I download the english one

From the Sky (空から)
2つの厄災 quest, pick Toppos route and follow the game

Will X be the best selling Rance surpassing SR?

Seems like you can only do it after unlocking one A ending.

You need to beat the Sea route first I believe.

>Hubert has Io, Freiya and even Peruele wanting to marry him because he's rich and important now.

Like he himself says, there are no good women left in Helman.

>Final game in a linear story-focused series selling the most
Hmm

Which route is Toppos route?
Do I have to romance Toppos first, do beat him with a Final Explosion?

We know that his one true love is Dens.

>Uncursed Cafe still hasn't grown at all after 15 years
Does she drink from the same water as Copandon?

Attached: ランス10_20180310_191952.jpg (1920x1080, 387K)

How does the 666 magic work? I can only use it from time to time.

Also got Ho-Raga with random card bonus, is he any good?

amazon.co.jp/s/ref=search_black_curtain_yes?_encoding=UTF8&fap=1&ie=UTF8&ie=UTF8&ie=UTF8&ie=UTF8&qid=1519803719&redirect=true&redirect=true&redirect=true&redirect=true&rh=n:637392,n:!637630,n:927712&srs=2349333051
Yes. It is also currently the best selling eroge for more than 2 weeks in a row.

Who would be a good woman worthy of Hubert?

You can only use it if the enemies HP is currently ending in 6

I'll blame that on dick of Chaos' soul somehow keeping her in his ideal body.

Did she get to keep her immortality?

Rare Magic.

Attached: ランス108 (2).jpg (1280x720, 233K)

I saw that expression on Kabachad's meal ticket event.

>Kabachad
Do you have a screenshot of the sick burn in VI?

>TWF you dig into the track soundtrack, hoping for something nice hidden in names of those.
>勇者フエイズ is just fucking "Hero Phase"

This is the ideal female body. You may not like it but this is what peak performance looks like.

Attached: char1075.png (1920x1080, 2.34M)

What turn?

I believe it. And I love it.

In Io's last event she hypnotizes Rance again and makes him act like a retarded asshole to everyone, then Rick sees him and remembers he acted like that during Rance4, and that they snaped him out of it by beating him up, then pretty much everyone that has a grudge against Rance, mainly Pastel, beat him up.

Attached: ランス108 (3).jpg (1280x720, 266K)

The wiki has all the routes.

wew
literally everyone hates Arios

>Kyabwan, Kyabnyan and Shariela still followed Kay-chan after all those years.
>He gets to see Shariela smiling everyday.

Kay-chan is not lonely anymore, he has people who like him, don't you feel glad for him?

>6000 years of effort finally paid off
Congrats Kay-chan!

Why is Shariela loyal to him?

Other way around

>unlikable asshat
>tries to kill Rance multiple times
>thinks that people dying is good if it strengthens his sword
>Cecil is still hungy for his dick even if he dumped her (so Rance can't seduce her)

I wonder why.

That Rance is the true Rance

That fucking waste of space killed Silky, I will never forgive him.

*Cola

Attached: dumb Ariosposter.jpg (363x351, 54K)

Oh, I wonder why.
Bird is our new true hero.

Go bird woo

The legend who managed to uncuck himself!

>>>thinks that people dying is good if it strengthens his sword
I mean, to be fair, he's been told killing the Demon King will fix shit.

I don't care about any of that. It's him killing my Hornet Faction dark lords that I'm pissed about.

Hey, is waifu died though.

Pretty sure like half the reason why people hate him is because he kills Silky/Hawzel.

Reposting.

>There's a reason that the saddest and most melancholic track on the Rance X OST is the one named Hero.
If Rance is a hero in the traditional Greek sense, then Arios is a tragic protagonist in the traditional theatrical sense as well. His entire story is straight-up depressing and played completely straight. His struggle, his rationale, it's all there. He's not a jobber, he's a man who has lost everything and has such a stupid, singular fixation (that's being encouraged by his companion) that he can't understand what it is he's doing wrong.
In arc 2, every scene that featured Geymalk was gutwrenchingly sad. It affected me on an emotional level and deeply unsettled me. Whenever I was in a scene during Rance X that was about the Hero System, I left it with a frown, thinking "That's not fair.", because it isn't fair. The Hero is damned to have a sad life, a tragic life. They're a plaything to the forces of good they think they're serving, and the duality of the narrative of Arios and Geymalk in Rance X is poetically tragic and beautiful all at the same time. It's one of the strongest themes of the work.

Arios is kind of going Mind of Steel route. Only, unlike Emiya Shirou and Kiritsugu, Arios is going full retard with his approach instead of being pragmatic.
So he's more mind of lead with a hint of potato.

What does the number next to your magic spell signify in TT2?

Cola convinced him that everything bad that happened to him is because he didn't kill the Demon King, and that killing the Demon King will resolve everything. Cola also keeps reminding him that he's already on borrowed time as hero and will lose his powers again soon. Arios is in an unstable and desperate enough state of being to completely fall for this.

Proeficiency, keep using and it will upgrade eventually iirc.

Level. The spells level up the more you use them.

What happened with the current hero? After Arios lost his powers someone else was appointed right? Even if he recovers them by de-aging, the current hero should still be around somewhere.

The hero system is a fucking joke because from the get go you have a sadistic god supervising a system that uses a balance breaker to keep the balance.

Cola used Arios for shits and giggles, but you can see from his behaviour how many heroes came that close to actually fix something, only for Cola to deny them their powers in the critical moment, or create additional problems, so their heroics never lessen the amount of drama.

That hero who almost took down Xavier, but aged in the middle of the final battle... was that really a coincidence?

Also, Arios is no real hero, he could've chosen to die or to defy Cola's reasoning, the moment he grabbed Escude and decided to sabotage mankind's war effort in a bid to kill Miki, he stopped having any right to be considered a hero. Not to mention, he even faced Rance one last time in the last quest, with Miki captive by Kayblis and nothing to win in harassing the human forces.

No hero had been chosen yet after Arios lost his powers. Apparently it isn't an immediate process.

Cola can grant and take the powers, either there was no hero at that moment, or he took away their powers and Escude.

Cola says that no hero had been chosen yet.

Chora's a complete agent of chaos. Arios' fixation on 'Rance as the enemy' becomes a full-blown obsession the more the game goes on.
Arios and Geymalk are nothing but completely tragic figures who were abused from the moment they were chosen. They were manipulated based on their ideals, and that's why I can never fully hate either of them.
The Hero system is monstrous and tragic, it's instrumental in ruining the lives of many, and that's why (arc 2 spoilers)the whale learning compassion and dismantling it during the last part of the 2nd part is so meaningful.

Please stop abusing your browser

I'd honestly doubt anything that comes out of his filthy maw, he'd be even more assholish if he had a new hero, just to dump him (maybe in the middle of a fight) just to turn Arios into his new toy.

Am i the only one that wants Bird to somehow became the Hero so that you can make him like the one from part 2?? Man i wanted a public stonning for the fucker

Hero(勇者) and Hero(英雄) are different things user. The former is an established thing in the setting, like demons, levels, hannies, etc. The later is the standard definition of hero.

That's a reasonable guess.

>Have a bunch of healers
>No base option to restore troops to countries
God fucking damn it.

Hey, Arios was able to stop Cola from spreading chaos way back when. Before Arios went completely off the deep end he was able to see through him a little bit.
Stopping Cola from creating chaos after Rance started majorly improving the world is probably the single most heroic thing Arios ever did.

>If Rance is a hero in the traditional Greek sense,
He's not

Rance is definitely like the Irish and Greek heroes, though.

I updated the walkthrough wiki for some tips alicesoft.wikia.com/wiki/Rance_X:Walkthrough
Please anyone add the step-by-step detail (mission/turn) for Sky/Sea Endings. I totally forgot how to do it and didn't take notes when I did it.
Add some tips too if you have some or at least fix my grammar if you are a natural pure EOP who can't speak any other language than English (fuck you)

Hey, he found a rare medicinal herb at one point.

I know, but he still thought of himself as an heroic figure, that's why I mentioned him losing the right to be called a hero (some characters still trusted him even after he went off the deep end)

Then again, by the time of RA15 the term "hero" itself lost quite the shine, a system with an unkillable, nigh undefeatable, asshole who can perfectly go crazy and power up by butchering innocents.

Whale did nothing wrong.

Attached: who_s that behind the curtains.jpg (495x738, 96K)

He's lacking something for the traditional Greek sense though. He has no divine heritage.

>Zance and Rangi at a bar drinking the strongest alcoholic drinks there are and competing over who's going to last more
>Lelikov drinks it casually and even says it tastes bad
Damned Helman genes

I'd like to see Rance try and do that.

Russia stronk

While true, he still has an unknown heritage that sets him apart from regular mortals. In terms of character he's much closer to their definition of a hero.

>He has no divine heritage.
That we know of.

Bird is most likely the Hero in chapter 2. Bird was desperate to be seen as a hero, and you can't see the face of the new hero, but his missing arm is in the place as Bird's and it looks as the same wound.
I'm guessing Cola did some rule breaking again.

Okay, which option is is and which turns are it available guys?

Attached: hand on shoulder sex.jpg (217x168, 25K)

We don't know if it's his heritage that gives him his powers. If anything, the series treats it more like just a mutation.

Stop with this.

That's more of a bad fan theory than anything else.

Yeah, it's just a genetic blip.

Wenlina: she can still grow into an adult form if you use the child's form in battle

Go edit the wiki you lazy bum

>Yeah, it's just a genetic blip.
What about the one-armed Knight?

Literally the only time the hero system worked was it's first usage against Nighcisa, other than that it's just another thing for Ludo to chuckle at

It's never given elaboration on, sadly.

The Hero helped Gai to fight Jill, and a Hero helped save Zeth from Red Eye. Hasn't always been a failure, but it's most likely those two men had bad fates too.

that's Arm Arc

No game will be set in the Continent ever again.

>The Hero helped Gai to fight Jill,
This never happened. In Gele's era the Hero was so weak from overpopulation that I think even Bird was stronger than he was.

It's literally stated in X.
The first Hero of Jill's era, Akira, was captured by Jill and had his arms and legs sliced off, then she kept him as a pet. He was finally allowed to expire after she killed him eight times and his soul got polluted dangerously high.

The third Hero (British was the 2nd) wielded Nikkou and helped Gai take Jill out.

What about them.
In all likeliness, they had taken Rance away from the AL Church to keep him from being sealed as a Balance Breaker.

Rance 04.

The hero chart for X reveals a couple of new heroes, one helped defeat Gele.

British was NEVER a Hero either.
None of this is true at all.

I'm surprised how many people ponder over the Hero system, damn, whole series - it isn't supposed to work, it is supposed to be twisted. Plannar cares only about one thing - keep Ludo entertained. This is only reason of existence for whole world, in both his and Ludo eyes. Literally, devils would be good guys, but they have to be dicks about it, because they need soul to empower their king.

>British was the 2nd
For real?

The hero data chart talks about all the ones that user mentioned besides British.

I'm going to need some /ss/ here

Attached: ランス10_20180310_201916.jpg (1920x1080, 376K)

Flashback?

British was never the hero.

So somehow, when at his weakest and unable to even harm Dark Lords, let alone TOUCH a Demon King, a Hero managed to do something and help fight against Gele despite humanity probably being at 200%+ population?