/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Best Boy Edition

Took the plunge: >New players read this then finish the game without spoilers:
i.imgur.com/1OynzXF.png

>NEWS:
-Dec 26-29/2017: Unused bosses & test areas are now safe chalices that anyone can use - i.imgur.com/3nibNFD.png
-Jan 11/2018: Dark Souls 1 Remaster announced releasing May 25
-Mar 6: Bloodborne is free to claim to PS+ members for the month

>Links:
-/bbg/ Resource Guide: docs.google.com/document/d/1TlAjZSvmE979gbayTvpioT72n5A7_bUjMNCLuOatJTQ
-Wiki: bloodborne-wiki.com/
-Build planner: mugenmonkey.com/bloodborne
-AR calculations: pastebin.com/zGphv4fF

>Chalices:
-How to unlock FRCs for spelunks, fight clubs & gem farming: i.imgur.com/0AwN4Lo.jpg
-Gem farming chalices: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1q9enxffA3dyKGu6IVg-P4IVgmKSUYSP9UOOiThHmPIU
-Lost/uncanny weapons, runes, and gems: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1syKnSKflHbFiGY4pXkfIeXoMa2Lp9X1aXyme2qaTen4
-How to summon/invade in a chalice: pastebin.com/mjRU01XK
-Edited chalices: i.imgur.com/3nibNFD.png (Unused bosses, test areas, early runes/weapons)

>PVE - Spelunking (Every Friday 6pmET/11pmUTC plus anytime someone wants to host):
-Spelunks happen, join em, host em
-Set the chalice to Open and region to Worldwide
-Leave bell-ringing women alone for invaders

>PVP - Fight club (Every Saturday 6pmET/11pmUTC plus impromptus whenever):
-Rules: i.imgur.com/ihd176b.jpg
-Pthumeru: 7hjhf43b
-Loran: jjpkdcgd
-Isz: 9v8qndas
-Hintertombs: 5x3agiwe
-2v2 arena: i.imgur.com/71WOC0I.pn

>FAQ:
Q: Where do I get/put the best gems? A: bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/10/best-blood-gems-setups.html
Q: How do I setup arcane builds? A: i.imgur.com/73dnuUm.jpg
Q: How to access the DLC? A: i.imgur.com/XaRuxgF.png
Q: Did I miss a quest? A: i.imgur.com/Uzg8XI6.png
Q: Is this game active for coop and pvp? A: Yes

Attached: AAAAAAAAAAHHAHHHHHAAAAAhhhhhhhhhh.jpg (1280x720, 279K)

PURGE FILTH

Attached: Alfred.gif (540x540, 1.96M)

>Seraching for the chime of a Sinister Bell...
Is the FC losing speed?

Attached: 427256725.jpg (682x1024, 74K)

>cowardly thomas is actually the bravest man I've ever fought

Do you lock on for pvp?

For the honor of Cainhurst.

Attached: Cainhurst Castle Cainhurst Armor.jpg (754x648, 65K)

Yeah the spammers killed it RIP

Who

Even the blood on the floor is drying up

do both
lock on for dashes
lock off for attacks
it's not that binary. you'll get a hang for it

>still waiting
Yeah, I'm finished. Might as well do some more NG+ with this guy.
If anyone wants to join me, let me know. And thanks for the fights today

There's been enough anonymously badmouthing others here today

I alternate between locking on and unlocking

I'm not even in the fight club anymore though? Besides, I wouldn't call Reiter turtling brave by any means.

I can do a couple areas before I need to head to sleep. Pass and area?

I just wanted to post it.

I'll start with Paarl and go from there. I'll let you know when I'm ready.

Fair enough, carry on.

I lost 65k blood on my level 20 character. Hold me.

Anyway, I was wondering, what's with the saw cleaver?
It's more or less better than any weapon I have. Granted I have a fire gem and it's +6 and all the others are only +5 so I can't slot a fire gem.

But I only have 19arcane and 18 strength so is the SC that strong in PVE or is it the gem?

Saw Cleaver is the best PvE weapon in the game pretty much.

Serrated fire weapons absolutely destroy beasts

Okay, NG+ Paarl, ringing now with bbg as the pass.
I'll wait for two.

Saw weapons are good in the early game because most enemies are beasts and weak to serrated weapons. Plus you have a fire gem which gives you more of an advantage. Don't get me wrong, its still a good weapon, but don't expect it to carry you in the later areas.

One for Paarl, room for one more

I don't even mind the high damage. It's just nothing really comes close in terms of stamina comsumption to the amount of damage.

And this is against the snatchers so it's not that they're weak to it AFAIK.

Considering I'm only 19 in arcane, will the cleaver hold up if I pump arcane over strength?

You're outside the fog?

Yeah, waiting at the fog with Teague

With only 1 fire gem probably not. You should probably do some chalices to get fire gems from the dog and from the fire scythe dudes

Good work with Paarl, friendos. That was a thorough bullying.
Thomas, I hope this resolves our differences.

of course, we're you going through anymore of NG+

Crushing vermin always settles the score.

Cleaned up Sparky in my world right after. Two Beast Cutter R2s right out of the gate and Paarl was staggered. No chance after that.

Maybe after I kill Henryk and open some gates we can kill Amelia or rush Hemwick. I'll let you know when I'm moving again.

Awesome fucking picture! Not enough Hotline Miami stuff out there.

Attached: Nigel.png (350x350, 72K)

Henryk died again, so I'll be ringing for Amelia in just a second. Same pass.
I really like that one, I always thought of it as Richard watching the events of HM2 on an infinite loop. Maybe in some burned-out cinema all by himself.

Why does BB gets praised for having a lake over a clock tower while DS2 gets shat on for basically the same thing?

I've been twinking for days and even when I was using 27.2 gems on hosts I got no hate mail. Feels good, man. I always Pray on the host or cooperators corpse after winning. I even Pray if there are still people alive.

because ds2 did very little to establish any semblence of purpose or vaguery about it. It just happened and no one acknowledged it nor any of the other inconsistencies.

I just saw it as the one scene where the theatre goes black, besides him sitting there in his yellow light. Y'know, the one with the pig fucker on the talk show?

Attached: Loose_cannon.png (210x253, 30K)

soyborne fangirls are extremely precious and sheltered

I'm not entirely sure about that, the light spread, especially the small fixtures in the back, look more like ones I've seen in movie theaters frequently. The light reflecting on Richard also implies, at least to me, some sort of large screen that could illuminate him.
I'm also not sure that Martin Brown's talk show would have that luxurious of chairs.

What's the logic of stopping at BL43?

Teague, will you be joining us for Amelia?
If not we have an open spot here on NG+ if anyone would like. Pass is bbg

there is no more logic to it as the old level 30 host limit has been removed

30 is lowest level that will have bell maidens naturally and 43 is the highest level that can invade them. is tryna make a joke but has no sense of humour apparantly.

I was ringing at the fog, should I be at the lamp?

Ah, I don't know shit about the pic. Good art, regardless. Here's the scene I'm referencing.

Attached: this pig ass bitch gets fucked by dick the cock.jpg (1085x657, 99K)

So I downloaded the Bloodborne digital version from the PlayStation store because I didn't want to screw around with the disc anymore. How do I get my PS4 to recognize that it doesn't need the disc now? It asks for the disc every time.

Albatross, thank you so much! It was fun.
I'd go ailing loran now but I forgot that I haven't killed Amy yet with this character.

To invade BL30s, which is the minimum that can be invaded

It wasn't removed, it's just that you can spawn Bell Maidens at sub-30 if you ring a Sinister Bell. But for ringing the Beckoning Bell it doesn't till 30+

Shit, we started without you. Sorry about that, I owe you one.
Yeah, I know the scene. The reason I'm saying otherwise is because Richard standing here shows he's confident, in control, and going to wreck the Pig Butcher's day. The one in the drawing I posted, he's slumped back, like he's just given up.

Because it makes complete sense in-universe and is foreshadowed by other events. The snailgirl falling from the sky near the Whirligig is one, they're Hamlet enemies, and you can see the Hunter's Nightmare in the water in the walk to the Hamlet. The Sky and Cosmos are one foreshadow it, too, albeit much more vaguely. Being able to see Mensis AND the Hamlet fron the Nightmare Frontier is a big tip off, too. The Nightmare is a layered dimension, this is very clearly set up.

In DS2, it just happens without a single shred of evidence to back up its existence.

>First time playing the game since it's free on PS+
>Want to use Moonlight Greatsword
>Look where it is, oh it's in the DLC which is accessible early on, that's cool
>Go in at BL25
>have to parry fucking everything 6+ times to kill them because I tickle them for damage.
>that fucking river of bloodsucking shits
This probably wasn't the best idea. At least I almost killed Ludwig on my last attempt at him, but that giant laser sword beam made me scared and keep my distance and that got me killed.

The DLC is hard as fuck, it's ideally late game material, but I suspect it's accessible so early for NG+ or repeat playthroughs.

Try using a false depth dungeon to get the HMS easier.

For extra fun, try following the river down into a cave.

DLC weapons aren't in false depths, sadly.

You can't buy DLC weapons until you have the original, and there aren't false depth glyphs for DLC weapons since they don't come from chests

Your parents must be very proud

I already did that, the gatling gun guy wasn't so bad, I just ran around the rock and kept taking potshots for 10 hours at him until he decided to die. And I killed BSB without getting hit the first time so the weaker one was whatever.

But those fucking river shits jesus fucking christ. Those two hunters taking potshots at you the whole time unless you run up and take them out which is a headache in itself, while those fucking blood things have aggro ranges of like 1 fucking foot so it's nearly impossible to split them up and take them out one at a time. And I didn't find out about the shortcut back to the lamp until spending 2 or 3 hours dying there so the runback was so goddamn bad.

Fucker.

Here, I'll do it now. I still have a little time, want to run Hemwick? Same pass, I'll wait for you.

No thanks.

I'm lost, please help.
These are the three lamps I'm missing if this helps:
Upper Cathedral Ward, Lumenflower Gardens and Altar of Despiar, I have the others for that headstone.

So where do I go?

Upper cathedral ward key is in hidden village. Go find it.

*laughs in saw spear*

delete the disk version then download the digital

Teague, that invader had a strange combination of our fashions.
Do you forgive me for standing you up at Amelia now?

Yes I forgive you, stop being so fagg plz

In what way?

I've worn that exact same outfit too, weird. I was never mad in the first place, I rang kind of late for amelia anyway. that wasn't even me. so yeah we're straight

>oh teagey weegy do you still wuv me?
Sickening.

>started naming my characters after x files monsters of the week

how far gone am I?

user, I just ate some bomb-ass potroast. Want in on this shit?

The chances of you losing your virginity are now

>ungodly high HP
>can’t be staggered
>can’t be parried
>attacks so often and so fast you can’t consistently dodge
>does an undodgeable dive attack if you back off to heal
>has a command grab that insta-kills if you aren’t fully healed

nani?

Attached: D5CE5CD0-4B9D-4FFE-A208-D369474C71F4.jpg (512x288, 22K)

is playstation plus free during spring break? or did i misinterpret something?

I just had a guy say "appreciated for your kindness"

Beats hate mail for me

I'm pretty sure you can parry them, but only during a normal swing and not one that's part of their diving retard flail

shaman bone blade

I tried a few times I swear it’s not possible

bloodborne is free right now if you have ps+ or psnow, can't remember which one

come one, don't wuss out, fight those shark faggots like a real hoonter, you gobshite

Somehow the diving retarded flail is the easiest to parry.

You can definitely parry them, user. The window is very small, but it's there. I hate them too.

I killed about 30 shitters today. All ganks. I just wave when they die. Or just wander off. Never got a hatemail.

It’s okay I solved the problem, I ran past it and found the lamp in the hut.

When in doubt, sprint.

>replaying NG+ after a significant break
>enter nightmare realm
>remember some stuff, trudging along
>encounter TWO hunters( forgetting about the encounter made it REALLY fun)
>during the fight i drop into the poison, get poisond, and die.
>during my death animation i CLEARLY HEAR a human male yell something out.

my character is female, she didnt yell anything. when i fell into the poison the hunters didnt follow me. what was the hunter saying?!@

One of the hunters saw your poon when you dropped and hollered.

You need to crush Vermin on them I guess. I did that once because as I had my back turned and was switching to my non-twink weapons for a 1v1 I got stabbed in the ass and as I tried to roll away the visceral connected. Was kind of annoying so I crushed Vermin and walked away.

I love the squat over the corpse in ds3 lol. Fuckers throw dung pies on your corpse too haha. Good times.

Oh man, the Bloodletter is the ultimate anti-gank. I'm tossing around saw cleaver & LHB babbies

i would holler at my hunter as well

Attached: BBdjura.webm (810x540, 2.81M)

>forgot blood pellets were a thing
>added over 1k damage to my visceral

Attached: Resident Evil®_20171216054543.jpg (750x750, 112K)

Don't go near the lake below Byrgenwerth College in the Forbidden Woods.

I have business there first...

Attached: DX5eg9_UQAArmrU.jpg large.jpg (1920x1080, 158K)

>3 million blood echoes
>realize i don't have the cosmic watcher badge
>have to brave the woods, burgertown, unseen, & upper cathedral to get it

HOOOO BOY THE TENSION IS BACK

Anyone up for helping a sl38 take on Ludwig? Pass is moonlight, ringing at the fog. Gonna walk in before you spawn to keep his hp down.

Attached: 1512602220803m.jpg (865x1024, 147K)

coming

Scratch that, pass is moon.

pass is too long, try moon

Pass is too long, try "shitter"