Netflix Medici

This show portrays the Medici as progressive force against the reactionary and conservative noble families.

Ruthless pragmatists, but ultimately a family that was loyal to Florence's best interests.

Fair assessment?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3E_0ORQXflA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

is it good?

Well it's built on entirely false premise: "Was Giovanni de Medici murdered?"

But otherwise it's fairly entertaining, has a decent cast (Dustin Hoffman, Robb Stark, Brian Cox) and the Italian setting is pretty cool.

8 million Italians watched it each week.

youtube.com/watch?v=3E_0ORQXflA

It's pure gino kino

How are the sex scenes?

Is this like that show about that corrupted horny pope and his family?

Fairly tame compared to The Borgias, The Tudors, GoT etc.

I only saw one scene and I already can tell you is shit.

The scene shows a discussion between Leonardo da Vinci and Michelangelo. Da Vinci is portrayed as a very secure, confident man, with an alpha-male presence and aggressive persona (he strikes Michelangelo on the nose). There is nothing of an inquiring mind on his character: it is like a football-player pretending to draw on the street like Da Vinci used to draw.

The fact was that Da Vinci, although extremely handsome and confident in real life, was actually very gentle and polite with everyone, and, when it came to women, he didn’t had any sexual interest in them.

Now, in the show Michelangelo is shown as an arrogant, small, skinny and fragile little man that jokes with Da Vinci and ends up getting beaten up, without doing nothing afterwards, just screaming like a sissy: some kind of renascence hipster-boy.

In real life Michelangelo was much more aggressive and furious, to the point of offending Da Vinci in the street without giving a fuck for the old man fame. He was also smaller, but much stronger and without any sign of fragility and sissy-boy aura. He was extremely hard-working and resistant, and not a little faggot like the show portrays him. Michelangelo, in real life, would make the writers of the show shit on their pants with his spiritual strength.

The show also implies that Da Vinci is a supreme genius and that Michelangelo is inferior to him and somewhat jealous. He is like a courtesan, like that dude that is the son of King Edward the Long-Shanks in Braveheart.

In real life Michelangelo was supremely gifted, and no doubt the greatest artist in his fields that the world has ever seen. His drawings, sculptures and frescoes are simply on a completely different level.

Tl;dr: the show is crap

Also:

>This show portrays the Medici as progressive force against the reactionary and conservative noble families.

They were just the same shit than all the others.

t. michelangelo's ghost

You must be thinking of a different show.

Michelangelo and da Vinci haven't been in this tv series at all yet.

Only Brunelleschi and (briefly) Donatello.

Depends on the era of the Médicis I suppose. But in all I'd say that's accurate.

You are right: It was my mistake; I was thinking on "The Borgias".

Actually you were thinking of Borgia.
The Borgias is a different show entirely.

First Mozart and now Michelangelo

I am not Michelangelo, but if I were, I would be proud.

Michelangelo was a great man with a great and noble body of work. He painted the Sistine Ceiling, despite hating painting, and despising fresco. He taught himself how to Fresco!

Meanwhile, Leonardo couldn't be assed to finish one Fresco on one wall, despite him doing it a secco, that is dry.

Now his Fresco is all crap and flaky, while mine is still clear as day, although they washed away all my a secco details, making it shit.

Michelangelo also made countless-countless sculptures for many great patrons. He was an architect and a well rounded draughtsman and poet, while Leonardo, the Ganymede of Florence, could barely speak Latin or write anything.

In general, Leonardo was a layabout who got around, in many ways, by his personality and affability, while no one wanted to be Michelangelo's friend.

Michelangelo lived the life of Christ, and truly believed, while Leonardo lived the life of the thugs of Sodom-he and his boys, his "Little Devil"

In short, Michelangelo was a sun among Leonardo's stars.

Da Vinci's demons?

Da Vinci's demons is about young Da Vinci, isn't it? If Michelangelo showed up in that as anything but a kid, it'd be fuller retard than it already is.

Isn't his mom some Arab Princess in that show?

I see what you put in there.

explain

>This show portrays the Medici as progressive force against the reactionary and conservative noble families.
In most cases these sorts of shows result in anachronistic garbage that tries to repackage modern issues with a historical backdrop due to a (perhaps reasonable) fear of the producers that a historically accurate show would not resonate with a modern audience.

More or less Michelangelo is potrait as like 14/15 and and da Vinci in his mid 20s

That sounds like my Chinese Cartoons. Do they also go to the Bologna university together with slutty Lucrezia Borgia and her Reinhard von Lowengram-like brother?

This show sucks. Leonardo Da Vinci wasn't even from this time period.

Richard Madden is an awful actor.

No but leo fucks a incan queen-priestress while being on an ayahuasca trip.

Holy shit. At least my idea was stupidly funny this is beyond retarded. Are you being serious sempai?

Yes I'm not joking. in the second or third season he does a trip to america to the new world with his good friend Amerigo vespucci.

FUCKING REEEEE

In another episode leo, Michelangelo and their Persian friend get captured by Vlad aka. Dracula (Portrait as grumpy unkillable old man ) who then plays games with them like in Saw.

HAHAHAHAHA.

You have no idea how funny this sounds to me.

T. Gypsy

user don't stop I need some laffs right now.

heh

Not to forget the Cardinal who captures teen girl and keeps them in his dungeon. 2 of these girl are leo's halfsister (his gypsymum fucked around and left him) and his girlfriend, the daughter and niece of the popes (in the Show they have to popes who apperently to be brothers don't ask why) and former whore of lorenzo de medici

Lorenzo also get's cucked by black half-cousin/brother? (We wuz medicis and shit) while he is incognito in neapel getting imprisioned (after that more saw games) because he was fucking the kings wife

It's like the Smallville of Veeky Forums. Biutiful.

R8 my doggo.

Pretty much but with more sex

So /got/ + Smallville which is even worse. Gotta love shit this pure

And especially in the first season the worst cgi of the last 10 years

Tempted to watch this purely for Miriam and Brian Cox.

>while mine