Dragon Ball FighterZ General - /dbfzg/

I HAVE NO OTHER OPTIONS Edition

Previously on /dbfzg/:
>DLC Pack 1 revealed:
i.imgur.com/833zlQV.jpg

>Basic mechanics:
docs.google.com/document/d/1rrh_EWca6MB1WUZfjIZ97LYhYspshivHjM352KmZ4g4/edit?usp=sharing

>PS4 and Xbox controls:
i.imgur.com/FmZtlvQ.jpg

>Characters moves and statistics:
docs.google.com/document/d/1G2SSi3eNI9aqekrhRyEOcEp-fnaoh68bO4NF6vlMfQw/edit?usp=sharing

>All assists:
docs.google.com/document/d/1Qgi3z7NDatc5vv6eJvA0xzJsyeND8eMIAxUsNZuVpmM/edit

>List of hidden mechanics:
docs.google.com/document/d/1QyuykC4D5zpnOKt_qyn20ZZzO168Az7Suu_ojD4SVWg/preview#

>How to unlock Android 21 and SSGSS Goku and Vegeta:
shoryuken.com/2018/01/23/heres-how-to-unlock-ssgss-goku-ssgss-vegeta-and-android-21-in-dragon-ball-fighterz/

>Prima guide:
primagames.com/games/dragon-ball-fighterz/coverage/dragon-ball-fighterz-guide

>CouchWarriors guide:
couchwarriors.org/welcome-to-dragonball-fighterz-a-beginners-guide/

>Semi-universal combo route:
youtube.com/watch?v=vYmaCnSgqGA

>Numeric Notation Sheet:
i.imgur.com/CsTcCQJ.jpg

>Hitbox/Hurtbox info:
pastebin.com/iG5fwJMw

>Network colors (the square next to the name):
twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS/status/959640513669349378

>Ranks and their respective amounts of BP:
i.imgur.com/zhwN8jg.png

>Glossary:
shoryuken.com/glossary/

>[un]Official Anime Music Pack:
mega.nz/#!LIFSwCLY!v-23eKhCAONXjoty_8AitMefS54iVlLBc9-5gLdeVlU

Attached: 1520259355133.jpg (1326x960, 97K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/tdaQH0SJ
sites.google.com/view/dbfzhbtchamber/home)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Made an updated pastebin with more organization and modding links so that the info isn't a random clusterfuck:
pastebin.com/tdaQH0SJ

why are they keeping Broly from us?

Attached: 5493799-broly.jpg (1280x720, 132K)

WHEN!?!?!?!?!?!?

Attached: vegeto.png (852x1136, 1.95M)

How do I get gud with Hit?

you dont

use the stance

Dlc 2

t. brain dead retard

Will Vegito's 2H be good?

Attached: 0310-006.jpg (1066x1600, 373K)

Light

Attached: 0310-007.jpg (1066x1600, 280K)

Ki attack will have crazy good range

Attached: 0311-004.jpg (1066x1600, 279K)

mid

Attached: 0311-007.jpg (1066x1600, 281K)

Level 1 super

Attached: 0310-010.jpg (1066x1600, 305K)

I'm grinding out combos in training mode but to be honest, I have some decent BNBs and I'm not sure there's any real profit in spending my time trying to optimize out an extra 300 damage or whatever at this point.

Skin costumes wish list

1 teen Gohan SS1 (it's fine with SS2 for super)
2 base vegeta badman
3 casual Piccolo
4 Goku damaged outfit SS1
5 Great Sayaman Gohan

Special skins that only myself would like:

Goku SS2
Majin Vegeta SS2

In general , I can win even with a basic bnb even with pink people. Keep the pressure is way more important than a super optimal combo.

6 Supreme Kai Gohan - Although maybe could be another character with him using Z sword

>just play kid Buu
Ah, I see.

Yeah. My team is looking now to be:

A18/Trunks/Piccolo, swapping freely between all 3 with no "anchor".

So I'm all about mixups, corner grind, etc.

Saiyan Armor Trunks & maybe DBS Trunks
Majin Vegeta (or at least in that blue jumpsuit/white gloves)
Swap 17/18
Of course Great Saiyaman Gohan
Piccolo with cape/Nail costume
1st form freeza
Saiyan/Cell saga Tien

as much as I hate A. Gohan, I would play the shit out of him if they added Great Saiyaman

WHEN

Attached: BROLY.jpg (803x1063, 132K)

For a character with so few air options, why does T. Gohan's j2H send the enemy at the speed and angle that it does.

And why does his LL leave him airborne

coffee candy form vegeto when

not sure what is different about jis j2H but his LL is esswntial for his blockstrings and mix-ups.

Kefla is cute! CUTE!!

How should I be finishing Cell's midscreen air combos? I do j.236L but it leaves me behind the enemy half the time because they fall out in the middle.

How do I get good with 18 and Piccolo? What are their gimmicks?

Attached: 7tyf.png (1117x838, 640K)

I'm running 18/Trunks/Piccolo and it's all about mixups and corner grind.

Personal opinion: piccolo assist is REALLY good with mixup characters. So you get your hard knockdown, throw out piccolo's assist and then go for a mixup. It puts tons of mental pressure because it's just floating ontop of them, and you can go high, low, call 17 and do either, dragon rush.

Piccolo has really good oki with hellzone grenade so you can do hellzone, call 18 assist if you're worried they'll reversal super, then go for the mixup. IADs are really important on both. Here have an A18 double crossup blockstring.

Attached: 18 double crossup.webm (1280x720, 760K)

Well no, just learn to delay your gatlings and mix people up properly while covering with assists.
Kid's pressure is some of the easier to get out of since a fair amount will put him airborne and a spicy 2h covered by an assist if its blocked will reset the momentum.

I mean, it's still annoying as fuck to deal with but it ain't like it's Cell or Grohan or 16

Will that not get eaten by the crossup protection?

And given that you're not putting trash particles all over the screen on the second crossup wouldn't that be super easy to 2h unless you're up against like, krillin or something.

It depends. Part of the point of the crossup is to give them an opportunity to whiff a punish, while not being there yourself.

It's easy to 2h if you're watching for it but 99% of players won't 2h that the first time it happens to 'em, even quite good players. Very few things in fighting games (any fighting game) are reactable, it's all about patterns, reads and expectation.

It's not a certain open up but it'll definitely fuck with their head and you might get through. Maybe not. Crossup protection is a bitch for Piccolo, in particular, to be honest.

>2H into 214L
That won't work. 17 gets fucked by everything and it leaves 18 open to get fucked.

Fair enough.
Crossup protection is both a nice addition and also a bitch.

Actually it doesn't. Apperantly 2H into 214L beats opponent 2H and gives you the option to just backdash away.

2H > 214L is safe to most punishes.

Can someone explain to me how you are supposed to charge during ultimate gohan. It instantly releases in training mode for me.

Use the other two buttons instead.

>it's all about mixups
In a game all about crossup protection and correcting autocombos?

>In a game all about crossup protection
I don't think people realise how crossup protection works. How is it "all about crossup protection"?
Piccolo assist doesn't have crossup protection anyway once he leaves the screen.

I use light and medium, are you talking about heavy and special?

I have had it enough with this game. It's impossible to go two sets without the opponent ragequitting.

Is it better to play this game with the left thumb stick, or using the D-pad for getting moves out? I feel like it is so often that I do the correct command, but it doesn't actually go through.

Attached: 1505807545541.jpg (1280x960, 126K)

Just got Vegeta Blue. Fuck me he's fun.

H+S you can hold to charge between 1-7
>hardknock down
>charge straight to level 7
its great

Yep. High low mixup. IAD, empty jump low, assist lockdown, corner shenanigans. Crossups also work just...crossup protection is a specific mechanic. Eveyrone reacts negatively to it because of the name without necessarily understanding what it actually does. I mean I'm not a huge fan but it doesn't make cross-ups useless.

It doesn't matter if they know or not if they just have to hold block. And in what kinda useful situation is his fireball still around after Piccolo left the screen? Nobody falls for a fullscreen attempt at a crossup.

>Piccolo with cape/Nail costume

yeah this is good too.

I'm saying crossup protection is irrelevant for most setplay because you hit the opponent before the assist, just take this stuff I fucked around with for example. If you time your stuff correctly crossup protection is whatever.
Also what is your point, you can decide when to call your assist. I'm sure there is setplay where you can call him early and have him disappear in time.

Attached: fair crossup .webm (1200x675, 1.91M)

KEFLA WHEN!??!?!?!?!??!

FUCK THIS 7 GOKUS AND VEGETAS AND CABBA LEAKED ROSTER

Attached: 1499803163870.jpg (431x766, 104K)

What can I do against the chronic back jumping Xeno-fags?

Attached: 1518914841345.png (508x851, 230K)

Dashboard.

>He's doesn't have a Goku Black in his team
Do you hate winning or something?

I noticed this too. As soon as the people who spam Super dash end up, you got these idiots jumping on the edge of the screen and wait you there. What would be their strategy? Punish as soon as you finish your attack string?

Hit them? Can't block during jump startup.

They spam assists and autocombos as sson as they see you pressing forward. If I manage to get close and corner them they vanish and start the shit all over again.

HOOK

GANG

post ragequits

Attached: 37794956-17E2-42EE-85B2-BE1E9FFD2E73.jpg (1920x1080, 338K)

Superdash more.

New player here. Team is 21/16/ss goku. I am afraid to go in because it usually goes like this: i go in > they block and i push buttons till i can't anymore > they retaliate. How can i make my approach as safe as possible? Using assists when i attack? Backdash in order to make sure i don't get hit back?

Attached: dur.webm (800x450, 2.82M)

shit that black got hit wit the tom brady into the lebron james

KING

Am I the only one that gets shit on by every fat buu they play? I have played like maybe 5 online and I never know their moves to do anything against them. I get hit by overheads and lows and I try to deflect his autocombo and he just comes back and grabs me.

RB to break block

use assists to cover the end of your blockstring, you can either resume your string after or dragon rush. use dragon rush if they're blocking too much in general

Noted. Also any idea how to deal with someone who literally cannot stop pressing buttons.

Attached: android_21_4__majin_form__by_chaosemperor971-dc1btnu.jpg (867x922, 115K)

block, 2H

That's how you learn to block
Whenever you start facing someone that spams super dash the second a round starts you learn that 2H is a guaranteed punish

>air super
>meterless hard knockdown
>armored H
>quickfall
>2L that hits low
Am I missing anything else that 16 gets?

Accidentally posted this in the wrong thread.

But is krillin bad? He’s my current point character but I’m not sure if he’s worth it honestly.

It sounds like you need to practice some blockstrings. The average 21 block string look like 5L 5L 5M 2M 5H 2S.

Since you’re using 21, you can use the range of your 2M 5M to stay safe and if it lands you hit confirm into 2M 5M 9 j.5M j.2H>H, you get the idea. Alternatively you can 5M 2M 5H and create a number of mixups there. You may also start with 5L 5L if they’re closer and you need the speed or if you’re restarting the blockstring with a vanish/assist but if the combo lands and starts with LL it will do less damage. Many times I skip the LL if the range is perfect for my M. Android 21’s 5H can be made safe on block by ending with a 2S. It can be made into a frame trap with 5H 2H, but it’s unsafe unless you vanish afterwards. You can incorporate a command grab after the 2M as a mixup. You can do a overhead 6M after the 5M followed by an assist to convert it into a full combo. You can also drop 16 because he’s a fag.

an instakill level 3 if he can land it.

personally i think he's sleeper decent tier. his assist is wonky but if you play him point he's fast as fuck and tricky, and has a little hitbox. his main problem is his tiny limbs, which is why he's so fast.

everyone thinks he’s one of the worst characters in the game but even if that were true, pretty much every character is still viable.

I use fat buu and frieza as my other characters.
Not really sure who my next pick would be for a point. I can always just invest more time in krillin though.

thats a funny one with her smug face

Fuck 16

I wanted to list things that are actually usable, but okay.

I wouldn't have ragequit like this, but I definitely wouldn't give a 16 nigger a runback.

opponent panic beam super
>NO OTHER OPTION

How does Teen Gohan/Tien/Vegeta sound as a team? It’s called team “Go fuck yourself, Cell.”

tien is better on anchor

I would put Tien on Anchor and Vegeta on point.

don't listen to these guys. losing vegeta sssist and having an anchor that kills himself isnt a good idea.

At around 350k I'm starting to be against a wall of chicken blockers. Most of my characters have shitty neutral (Ginyu/Nappa/21), so I'm at a bit of a loss on how to approach without being instantly punished. Feels like I can't fish for long range hits into vanish either, since both Nappa and Ginyu have really slow ki moves. Any hints?

Attached: 20180215175444_1.jpg (2560x1440, 517K)

Sounds pretty good desu, teen gohan is a lot of work but he got some pretty nice stuff.
I'd keep the order as well.

Thanks. When training block strings, would it be optimal to set the dummy to just block everything or record blocking and then attacking to make sure the string is safe? Any sites/videos for other character block strings? Youtube, Twitter? I got this place bookmarked:(sites.google.com/view/dbfzhbtchamber/home) but i can't really find anything about block strings.

Also
>drop 16
I enjoy dunking people way too much to do that.

Attached: Galactic slam.jpg (320x320, 83K)

Assist cover? Ginyu should probably be able to get in with the force+assists.

The only charater I know is Nappa. I would put Nappa on point because he needs the assists and I know he can combo off of Ginyus. Ginyu should be good in neutral in theory, go for the hardknockdowns and use that time to get your assists going. Once you get the ball rolling, you should have enough shit on the screen to keep calling the Ginyu Force safetly. The only advice I can give for 21 is learn combos that combo into her power steal. You can get some good neautral abilities from that. She also has some of the best range normals in the game so you probably need to play the neautral game with her less than you think.

Record dummy attack, then play it back and try to break it.

How do you change character while blocking?
I've seen people do it.

Thanks.
I had Nappa on point first. I can pretty consistently combo off of both Ginyu's and 21's assist after j.H, and I just feel like Ginyu needs more assist cover. Summoning the better moves of the Ginyu force take almost as long as planting a saibaman and you need to spam those much more often than saibamen. That, and I tend to get hit by a ranged attack or super dash every fucking time I use the ginyu force.

And as for 21, with her I have no problem getting in. She has so many tools in neutral, with and without stealing moves. It's more the other two.

Forward+assist while blocking. It costs 1 bar.

git gud

Thanks.

What do you do when you figure out how to make something safe on block that wouldn't be otherwise but being able to doing it or react to a hit confirm is near impossible? Does it have to just become a guess at that point?

git gud

Yeah. It's extra tricky in online play since it shaves off some frames of reaction time.

Wow we got a comedian over here

git gud