>Zwei 1 and 2 is out on PC, Steam, GoG and humble bundle
store.steampowered.com/app/427680/Zwei_The_Arges_Adventure/
store.steampowered.com/app/427700/Zwei_The_Ilvard_Insurrection/

>Trails of Cold Steel 1 and 2 PC is out on Steam, GoG and humble bundle
store.steampowered.com/app/538680/
store.steampowered.com/app/748490/The_Legend_of_Heroes_Trails_of_Cold_Steel_II/
gog.com/game/legend_of_heroes_trails_of_cold_steel_the
gog.com/game/the_legend_of_heroes_trails_of_cold_steel_ii

Don't forget to support the games and spoiler the spoilers!

>Latest news

-Ao fan translation script is fully translated, currently being edited, release date is uncertain. The Geofront patch currently sits around 60% complete, and someone is working on patches for the leak on the Zero PC version.
gurennoheyakara.blogspot.com/p/games.html

-Ys 8 PC delayed once more, and patch fix released for consoles. Switch port also announced, and being worked on by Nis.
steamcommunity.com/games/579180/announcements/detail/1647623139647481008

-Sen no kiseki 4 website revealed, release date to be around the end of September. Fair warning, it contains spoilers
falcom.co.jp/sen4/

-PS4 remasters of Sen 1 and 2 to release in March and April 2018, respectively
gematsu.com/2017/11/legend-heroes-trails-cold-steel-kai-ps4-launches-march-8-japan
gematsu.com/2017/12/legend-heroes-trails-cold-steel-ii-kai-ps4-launches-april-26-japan

Pastebin (aka music): pastebin.com/G2mswYCt
Extra Stuff (Guides, downloads, undub patches): pastebin.com/n2G4xL5s

Attached: Crossbell_2.jpg (1400x875, 766K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ysviii.com/cover-poll-switch/index.php
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leprosy
youtube.com/watch?v=avZDnKz4V98
youtube.com/watch?v=E6lGzEidRj4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Calvard when?

Attached: calvard when.png (405x646, 20K)

ysviii.com/cover-poll-switch/index.php

Reminder!
Switch is well and alive!
Vote for the reverse cover!

They love BL what's not to get? Them being girls and preferring to play as healer/support characters isn't wrong either.

unprotected sex with Juna!

Attached: juna34.jpg (1301x3507, 1.19M)

>tfw you'll never be Juna and feel the pleasure of being cummed inside
How is this fair?

Attached: 1235227137428.jpg (633x758, 63K)

>she'd do anything to get Crossbell back
what a slut

Why amerifats hate Osbourne?

Attached: Giliath_Osborne_-_Bust_(Sen_III).png (759x795, 233K)

Who's the cutest small?

Attached: Small.jpg (753x900, 116K)

Yeah but not all girls are fujos. So what does shipping preference has to do with gameplay? You could just say girls even though often it's not their choice especially with older games. There's a reason people assume female character=healer/support after all or why everyone jokes about male healers in mmo.

Attached: renne66.gif (500x500, 111K)

>Must be really fucking scary to be honest, seeing your body slowly turn into a crystal.

Sounds like a real disease, one that used to terrify Japan and was fairly common well into the 20th century.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leprosy

Attached: leperart.jpg (471x350, 44K)

Rean is feeling sad. Please say something nice to him.

Attached: Sad Rean.jpg (500x328, 31K)

Ehehe. Yatta!

Attached: HD Tita.jpg (700x1000, 160K)

Why do so many hate fujoshi? I know that a lot of gamers in general get triggered by the female sex, but it gets even worse when a woman plays videogames.

Attached: th(4).jpg (474x1144, 57K)

Retarded shipping makes me mad.

There are good reasons to hate fujoshi, but in /fg/'s case it's probably amplified by hatsuu, who plays otome games, as the scapegoat for all localization woes.

Cheer up, you only got one friend killed. Again.

Attached: millium38.jpg (816x1024, 147K)

They're usually pretty on the nose about how much they'd love male characters to be fucking one another.

Maybe for you. The only reason i even know that, is because you faggots won't shut up about it.

>fujoshi
>otome
I don't know what hatsuu does but lots of otomefags hate bl.

Fuck man, even Banagher is less theatrical than Rean.

>just the beginning
OH NONONONO

Attached: trails-of-cold-steel-ii-finale-to-epilogue-4.jpg (740x416, 127K)

Read the damn story until it ended

When did this stupid "onononooo" meme start anyway? I see it fucking everywhere in mongolian image boards now.

Attached: Dead inside.jpg (291x212, 56K)

>2 games worth of prologue

Attached: DEL.png (600x600, 262K)

It's just funny to spam for retards I guess. Just like baneposting or o my rubber nen.

youtube.com/watch?v=avZDnKz4V98

>women
>women playing my vidya
>women playing my vidya AND shipping my male characters
Gee I wonder why men who don't like gayshit hate them. When it comes to /fg/ it's worse cause evidently people don't know what words mean and well, they're out of touch with anime in general. I mean cs2 just tried to simply cash on the usual homo mecha rival. It's not really that important but /fg/ keeps dwelling on it and trying to find a way to make it straight to explain it like that elise thing in the previous thread.

youtube.com/watch?v=E6lGzEidRj4

Attached: 1463179130216.jpg (178x185, 10K)

CROW x REAN = best couple of the entire series

Prove me wrong you can't

Oh, i remember that video way before this started getting spammed everywhere. I figured it was something new that caused this to suddenly start.

Rean...

Haha...that's right.

Guys... Haha...

Attached: Haha...jpg (455x285, 28K)

What's the point of the ng+ thomas scene

Give you a reason to replay such a mediocre game.

To the guy who was shocked at how "bad" the last thread was:

35 posts in and this one is already way worse. You happy now?

unlocks the secret fujo ending for cs3

Of course not! Not shitting on XSEED or Hatsuu! :3
As long as you bring up some XSEED or Hatsuu bantz the dude comes along
>wew guys cmon, stop shitting up the thread :(

CS had very little background for the Septian Church despite how important they are (and will be in CS3) so this scene is meant to show Rean and thus the player that they can mean business if they want to.

I beat trails in the sky 3rd today. I liked it and Kevin was fun protagonist but honestly I would prefer if you could do some church-related quest outside of phantasma, The entire trilogy was great overall.
So, how is coldsteel? I hate highschool settings and dropped persona because of it but I love kiseki setting and if i can explore some erobnian cities, do sidequests in them and talk to npcs I would be ok with it. Is it worth it?

Attached: 1520296492815.jpg (1978x1280, 1.83M)

It's shit but you should play it anyway

Attached: sora-no-kiseki-renne-red-moon-akatsuki.jpg (1920x1080, 266K)

That final scene is too much man
Reminds me of the feeling when i beat persona 4 for the first time.

It felt like i was saying goodbye to real friends T_T

But like someone said "good times are good because they end"

Its gonna be hard for the new class 7 to equal let alone top the og, but im looking forward to it now

Just pirate it, at worst you will lose some time.

Im only at chapter 2 and it feels like Class VII are "not"bracers in training.
also it feels like all this Class VII some of Oliver's shennigans because for the story part in Tits 3rd.

>Its gonna be hard for the new class 7 to equal let alone top the og, but im looking forward to it now
Temper your expectations, cause they don't live up to Sky's cast at all.

Also, play Zero first if you're not a translation snob. It finishes Estelle, Joshua, and Renne's character arc.

>it feels like all this Class VII some of Oliver's shennigans because for the story part in Tits 3rd.
It's better to leave your sky expectations at the door when entering erebonia. Doubly so when it comes to Olivier.

How can this general go so fast with only 60-70 posters?

All me

Attached: 1508207691587.jpg (1000x642, 363K)

This.

get your samefagging outta my general, stop shitting up this place please.

These

Please. Do. Not. False. Flag.
And sameposting.
And shitposting.
We only talk about fujo pairings, waifus and shit on CS2 here please

Do you genuinely have fun doing this shit?

It's okay when crossbell does it.

Attached: haha.jpg (203x196, 32K)

>tfw this is my post as well

Attached: 1455235285513.png (411x410, 385K)

MAH BOI THE THOTSLAYER

Attached: mah boi.png (350x373, 146K)

Attached: Marking.jpg (872x672, 83K)

did they fuck?

Attached: 1520294870437.png (1278x716, 1.54M)

Ao leak when

Attached: comletedly finished.jpg (1000x563, 151K)

Is this adult Tio and blond Randy?

Attached: 1508742605991.jpg (966x968, 60K)

Mitsuki looks nothing like Tio. She has boobs.

>When speaking about plans to localize Zero no Kiseki and Ao no Kiseki, Kondo-san said:
>That’s something that I really really want to do, and it’s something that I’ll have to work with our partners or find a partner to make it happen.

Why won't xseed make it happen?

Attached: 328_160902135936_4.jpg (960x540, 164K)

When you stop posting this every thread. Past offenses have unfortunately delayed it 100 years.

every post here was by me, never ever zero

I remember when someone tried to get lore discussion going many threads back, and people bitched about it being too samey and repetitive, and now everyone shistposts with the exact same format every single thread.

Attached: Final form.png (212x329, 49K)

There are going to be some big spoilers for the first one, so yeah.

First things first, the intro is completely horrible. This isn't even going to be the main thing I drive at, but it needs to be said. We know none of the characters, the gameplay is way too complicated to understand at that point, and the setup was terrible. When you get to the end and the railway guns are fired it means nothing because you know none of the consequences of that happening (other than gun = bad). Because of this Rean's scream is even more comical and over the top. It gets worse once you join the real game and you have another tutorial for the next few hours, making that whole section pointless. Usually starting in media res is used to give a taste of what's to come, but it doesn't work when the game is confusing to anyone new. It's the lazy man's intro and in general is both overused and poorly used.

Probably. George is a huge cunt, after all.

There's lore questions/answers and discussion every thread though. It's just in between the shitposting.

Reddit please go.

The writing in tocs is not good in the slightest, in part from the fact that it is full of exposition dumps, awkward dialog, and just overall poor pacing (also it doesn't matter if the bad pacing was because of the gameplay, it's still poorly paced), but also from the overuse of dialog and exposition to tell the story in a medium as interactive as a video game. The school is the biggest offender as it is used to give pages of exposition in the lectures and speeches. This is not needed to reinforce the student aspect at all, and is instead used fully to force feed the background story into the players in an obvious and boring way. This is made pointless by both the train scenes reexplaining the settings in mostly the same way and the fact that you literally explore the places you talk about later in the game. They could instead layer the backstory of the places into those places themselves, there is no need to tell the player about places they aren't going to see until 30 hours later, and there is even less of a need if you are going to explain it again when it does come up. Poor pacing is also a problem whenever you are at the school (not that it isn't a problem elsewhere). The old schoolhouse often has no story for the entire run, and often happens in the middle of important story points stopping them in their tracks. Awkward dialog is the other issue, usually cropping up when a character becomes an exposition dump, or when they have a long speech about whatever.

I remember this post.

How many hugs would you give Tita?

Attached: Estelle and Tita_2.jpg (1920x1080, 378K)

Why are you even trying anymore? Just accept that out of the 705 posts of any given /fg/ thread, 500 will be shitposts.

The game even lampshades this with comments on how Rean gives anime hero speeches all the time, yet they never stop writing them for half the cast. These issues add on to the poor pacing, as it slows things down when characters feel the need to give a soapbox every third line, and it slows even more when the other seven characters respond with a "yeah" and nothing else of substance. Most of the exposition dumps could be removed from the game, replaced by showing the player those things through the setting or gameplay. They have a system to show problems between characters with the link break, however instead of letting the player learn this through gameplay there is an exposition dump explaining why that break is happening. Even without the gameplay systems the approach the game uses is a bad one. It is better to show hints at a character's relationship instead of outright having someone tell you "Laura hasn't liked Fie since we learned she was a merc". These types of scenes are pointless if there was any sort of hinting before, they only serve to beat it over the heads of people who don't pay attention and to slow down the already slow pacing even more. The writers always choose to tell instead of show, and when they do show, they make sure to tell you right after, leading to the story moving at a snails pace, even at the points of high action.

Reason #1 is boring and bland game play. But this sub might as well be renamed /r/legendofheroes so don't expect a good response.

Is copy pasting stuff from other websites to be used as shitposting and spamming a bannable offense?

Attached: 1434152408111.png (200x200, 47K)

Mods don't care about Veeky Forums.

oh noooo what happened to this general :(((

It's me though... just reposting for some... Discussion...

>trails

Attached: 1520033842698.jpg (1500x600, 317K)

By this point i'm convinced it's people that just hates Falcom, and wants to drive everyone out.

Before or after the THOTSLAYING?

Attached: thotslaying.png (722x699, 556K)

Cold steel 3 is much better from what my friend who played it and said the writing is much better with characters developing like juna,kurt,musse and altina even one character at the end gets a surprising development.

I really hope so as well. I liked CS 1, i could put up with rean being "generic shonen main character N°129" because it had an enjoyable story, fit for students and character developpement for anyone. CS2, ugh. Never saw a war handled this bad before, i think even fucking naruto did a better job at this. And 0 character developpement for almost everyone, thank god jusis was here to step up the game. I don't even want to talk about rean.

I really hope CS3 will be better and that CS2 was just a very awkward transition.

What would you cut to make cold steel better?

i'm only 5 or so hours into the game, but after having spent 100s of hours in other contemporary Falcom games this year, like Legend of Heroes Sen 2 and Tokyo Xanadu, the characters in Ys 8 feel incredibly one dimensional. Actually i finished TX and started playing Ys 8 right away, so the drop in writing quality is as if i was jumping from an onsen bath into a frozen lake. It's so saddening that Falcom wastes their ressources with such a garbage script (and i really have to admit in everything else it is maybe the most polished product Falcom ever released). It's really sad to see, how in Cold Steel games and Tokyo Xanadu the characters were so amazingly written (and i'm not even taking Trails in the Sky as an example here - that would be even more devestating for Ys 8) and in Ys 8 they make its characters basically as one dimensional as possible. I'm devestated.

imagine george and ian pointing at each other with guns in that exact position and after a tense 10 seconds they suddenly lunge at each other and start making out passionately

Many people view Cold Steel 1 as the black sheep of the arc-starter games; the others being Trails in the Sky FC and Zero no Kiseki. You echo a lot of their grievances: Thors comes off as a hodgepodge of high school anime normalcy, a lot of the characters appear one-note at first, and Rean is presented as typical light novel protagonist who gets the long end of the stick in numerous situations and gets shoehorned into a leadership role for plot convenience. Even if you didn't like this one, I'd still suggest trying out the older Trails sub-series. Their characters and stories are a bit more interesting, although the pacing can still be sluggish at times.

I've been banned more times from this general and Veeky Forums than any other board, so I'm fairly sure at least one faggot mod cares.

How possible is it to beat FC in a fresh nightmare run? I know it's super fucking hard, but i'm curious if it's too much of a waste of time with stuff like restoring EP, and fighting bosses for half an hour.

Attached: Klaudia is amused.png (303x436, 165K)

It's possible, but I wouldn't recommend it.

TOCS is masterful in it's story telling and it's exposition is on point. Not sure why exposition is a bad thing inherently. It sounds like you just don't like the leisurely pace of the game as it builds events that feel real in what feels like real time that culminates to what feels like a very real fallout in what feels like a very real world, with real politics, real economies and real characters.

Did someone at Falocom get NTRed by a fat guy? All fat guys are fucking scumbags in their games
Rocksmith confirmed villain for Calvard???

So why hasn't she whored herself to Osborne Jr. yet?

Are you just butthurt enough that you have to copy paste shit from everywhere and spam it here?
Reminds me of the stories i heard from the JRPG general there used to be in Veeky Forums, where a faggot got told off, and started spamming the threads relentlessly with bots.