/ggg/ - Guilty Gear General

Previous Thread: Beginner's Guide: docs.zoho.com/writer/published/3s2nhd0dcc35f4f504b4f91707d369ee87b9f
GG Crash Course: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLj34EySs1IeZ8GpjKW8R2T6dzI6B3GSuH

>Match Videos
keeponrock.in/
youtube.com/channel/UCDmFkuRZSbxyvqdK-cjMSog/videos

>Forums & Wiki
dustloop.com/forums/
dustloop.com/wiki/index.php/Guilty_Gear_Xrd_REV_2

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/guilty_gear

Make lobbies, have fun. When making a lobby, please mention region, platform, and how long you plan on keeping it open. And don't play on WiFi.

2.1 Patch Notes: archive.is/X7co2
dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=GGXRD-R2/2.10_patch_notes

Attached: DCBLTweVoAA3Np_.jpg (800x567, 101K)

Other urls found in this thread:

horibuna.web.fc2.com/GGXX_ACPR/index.html
twitter.com/silva_hime/status/970422413803573251
youtube.com/watch?v=kwuFjlwyDtA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

NEEEEVER FORGIVE A SHENANIGAAAAAAN

sleepy boys in special beds general

Attached: small_69cb3ea317a32c4e6143e665fdb20b14_0.jpg (800x500, 143K)

Best Wife

Attached: 1501026413905.png (1295x1826, 1.78M)

A reminder to add this to the OP next time under match videos. Its a index of matches for the older games.
horibuna.web.fc2.com/GGXX_ACPR/index.html

I added this but was asleep when last thread died

Attached: 1520670280300.png (554x788, 433K)

can i get some tips for Ramlethal, bros?
neutral tactics to confirm into corner carry?
resetting while in the corner?

Attached: 1489603922866.jpg (600x1081, 140K)

friendly reminder to not get mad at your losses and instead try to pinpoint what made you lose the round and correct it
friendly reminder to practice your execution and test stuff in the lab you might be curious about, this way you can git gud slowly
friendly reminder to always try and win a round or game, as some commentator once said "if you can take a round off someone it means you can take a game too" so hold on to that magic pixel
friendly reminder to be amicable with people/your opponent even if you're angry or frustrated, as those feelings will wear off eventually, so try your hardest to at least say ggs, then you can later come up with an excuse as to why you left so suddenly
friendly reminder to ask for advice if you don't know what to do or change about your gameplay and you can't find the answer in docs or wikis
friendly reminder to play at least a couple of matches a day so that your muscle memory remains warm and you don't lose practice

but most importantly, friendly reminder that having fun is more important than getting gud

Attached: 1504370363511.png (420x420, 126K)

But if you don't git gud how can you have fun

Attached: thinking.jpg (600x600, 23K)

by finding someone at your skill level

So /ggg/. How many bursts have you stolen recently. I bet it's a high number. You'd better hope it is, because I'm gonna count.

Attached: 1481571267787.jpg (800x603, 84K)

1 (uno)

I'm not very good at this.

Only a few, I always end up jumping too early and being too high for the airthrow. I get a bunch of ib throws thanks to this though.

Faust is cute!!

Attached: dek3h.jpg (942x942, 319K)

the cuck

how do i into jam

Attached: 1515559903593.png (595x842, 474K)

Full screen yolo charged Ryuujin

daylight savings time

Attached: DRVsTOOUEAAoiNu.jpg (450x250, 15K)

Attached: deadman.webm (300x274, 2.79M)

Its okay it was a awkward time to make a fresh thread.
I don't play Ram but you should check out her discord to know more about her if that can help.

>tfw a fucking retard

Why isn't he just regular blocking/IBing to get meter to try and get out

Why did you crop this in such an awful way

super based

to fit in the whole thing

Attached: 1481847938538.png (548x496, 184K)

I am posting Robo-Ky in honour of the Robo-Ky poster who was posting in honour of the Cao Cao poster in /mbg/ that was posting in honour of the poster who was posting in honour of the original Cao Cao poster until we get a complete roster.

Attached: and not that shitty +r game either.png (496x702, 118K)

I've never watched story mode
should I?

yes

I haven't played in weeks, it hurts.

Sure if you have time to kill. Doesn't take much knowledge of the past games to understand what's going on.

Fresh OC for the thread.
>tfw too illiterate for shogi

Attached: gg ez.png (958x530, 591K)

It might sound contradictory, but you can't git gud by only focusing on getting good. Without a facet of enjoyment or some sort of intensely autistic/obsessive drive to really improve, you're going to burn out sooner or later.

If you want to start with Sign's story mode, just be aware that it's a lot slower than Rev's story mode, but it has its moments. Rev's story mode is better paced and has a lot more action to it. And the afterstory episodes are pure kino.

EU PC
655w
steam://joinlobby/520440/109775244732750250/76561198036286901 (are these still broken??)

Attached: eu pc.jpg (2000x2500, 1.02M)

Yes. Start with Xrd Sign's story mode. It's a bit of a slow burn due to the abundance of "codec style" scenes (because the jump from Xrd to Revelator is much bigger than most people realize) but it has a good number of solid moments. If you liked that go on to Revelator. The after story segments in Rev2 are god tier.

Attached: 20170531191751_1.jpg (1920x1080, 335K)

>that webm
as expected of someone with the iq to play jacko

>retweeted by Masato
Nice

The state of console Guilty Gear

Attached: 1520799090878.jpg (1920x1080, 322K)

can't really blame people for dropping the console version. I purchased both Sign and Revelator for console but immediately switched over to PC once the games were released on Steam.

so I've done the basic and most of the advanced combos of all the characters that are visually appealing to me and the only two that don't have crazy weird gimmicks that put me off from them are leo and johnny
from what I've seen of leo he seems to be a rushdown character and that's really not my preffered style, should I play him anyway to just learn the game and then try to move on to johnny?

play who you like so you have fun and don't burn out.

Be a rich, handsome blonde haired blue eyed pretty boy. You'll get into her easy enough.

Just learn Johnny

I figured there would be some people that don't have a pc capable of running it. Me I'm running a cheap pre built pc from 8 years ago.

If you plan on playing Johnny then just learn Johnny. You can learn the game with both and playing Leo won't teach you how to play Johnny.

havnt really looked up any stuff yet but I'm assuming he has some basic stuff that doesn't require stance canceling until I get more comfortable with him

>Played on and off since some time before +R was released on PS3
>Despite that have less than 500 matches played, also still really bad
>To this day still extremely nervous about going online and fighting people
>Always enjoy myself when I do man up and actually get into the matches
>Most of the time end up just playing other vidya when I'm thinking about playing xrd
What's some good medicine for cowardice?

w1jx

west coast

beat me up if you can

>What's some good medicine for cowardice?
by playing the video game and making acquantices with the regulars and being motivated to fight them more

>To this day still extremely nervous about going online and fighting people
are you worried that people will be dicks to you or just that you'll lose?

I didn't give you permission to post my thoughts.

Getting your ass kicked enough that you stop giving a shit.

Going in dick first and not giving yourself time to think about backing down. Having people you play with regularly is the best way to help this.

I main Johnny and I will say you have to pick up stance cancelling pretty quick. It is not only a part of you main combos, but your big normals except 5k are bad without stance cancelling. Just take time during your practice to cancels and it will eventually get natural. When you get bored of practicing cancels practice his movement and other stuff.

alright, thanks

Attached: axl vs ino match in a nutshell.jpg (707x302, 19K)

Closed cause no one joined
Hit me up if someone wants to play

S-sorry

Something closer to the latter.

I had some people I played with regularly back in +R, often even. Sadly they stopped playing GG altogether. But point taken, I just have to try to force myself online consistently somehow.

What region are you? You might feel more comfortable with playing against people from here perhaps

beer, and none of that pussy shit get actual fucking BEER

>beer
Drink whiskey like a real man.

>no one joined
Let's fight. EU PC. ygp3

DUDE ALCOHOL

I don't actually drink that much. I just showed up to a NPL tourney drunk once and made it 5th in the top 6. Something I still find hilarious.

Europe. I played with some guy from here a few months ago.

I try to stay away from alcohol. I have a pretty addictive personality and low self-control.

Attached: sQHGVpC6jAGo_Replay2018-03-1120-48-42.webm (960x540, 1.01M)

Join up if you feel like it

Sorry for the blog and thanks for the offer, but I need to get some sleep. I might open a room some evening the coming week.

twitter.com/silva_hime/status/970422413803573251

you're joining a lobby not playing in a tourney no need for that

>hurr durr muh buddy isa tumple
eat shit and die

there's still more people playing on console.

Any NA gamers on right now?

Attached: be7d48d926f272728bcfe66981e36dbc.jpg (950x1000, 594K)

Make a lobby

Nothing wrong with me

iyhj

Attached: 9a326d44b3274d4c016fb4167cc2f9c0.jpg (2590x3000, 594K)

>the only two characters that don't have weird gimmicks are a charge character and a negative edge character with stance canceling and a secondary finite resource to manage

Attached: 1427310758796.png (160x160, 17K)

You have to be unga in how you approach the game. Shut off the part of your brain that goes "I'm scared" and instead go "unga unga me fight good!" Just don't be unga when you actually fight because past beginner level you'll get blown up for not knowing what you're doing.

How do Sol or Ky have weird gimmicks?

Attached: 1505569850152.png (447x620, 290K)

Attached: BRUH.jpg (1920x1080, 478K)

hate ino

ino is pretty cool*

fixed it for you :)

>ywn eat burgers with ram
why was I cursed with this existence lads

Attached: 1508568799115.jpg (527x891, 82K)

The music in Xrd has more complexity, depth, and less repetitiveness than the music in the older titles and in my opinion is overall better.

I stole 2 today

>neutral tactics
avoid it at all costs

this video has everything you need.
youtube.com/watch?v=kwuFjlwyDtA

neutral?
With ram?

Just j.H over and over until you get a counter hit and dauro your way into the corner and set up swords.

What is it with west coast players only shitposting?

This post reeks of EU

If i IB glitter is gold from a distance and johnny dashes at me is he still plus or can I press a button

Projectiles are weird in framedata, you are better off just testing that in training mode

If i ib glitter is gold hes stil plus 5 right?i want to make sure im understanding the frame data

It really depends on distance

Like a projectile shot directly next to you is going to be more minus, because you enter blockstun sooner than if he was pretty far away which means he is given less time to recover before you do.

So what you need to check is the max distance where he can throw it and hit you standing still, and see what your options are there, then maybe between the max and up next to you, and for shits and giggles, up next to you.

Kk il try to mess around with it in the lab

I can't be the only one to despise Jam right? It's not even her gameplay, which is fine, but everything from her retarded looking torpedo tits, what might be the stupidest hair style I have ever seen, her broken ass English, and of course her demonic banshee screeching of a voice never fails to make me mad. I hate her so much that I make it my duty to make sure any Jam player I face in lobbies, no matter how new or experienced, has as little fun playing the game as possible.

>hating torpedo tits
Lolgay

HWAH-CHOW

Only thing I hate about her is ryuujin yrc honestly.
>her broken ass English
>English
Cmon user.

You can't deny it. Her English is so broken, it practically sounds like Japanese.

Jam's voice is literally the best.

Attached: 1506967912323.png (666x700, 667K)

I like Jam she's fun to fight against
she also prevents my main from having the most annoying voice in the game, despite what the beginner guide in the OP might claim