/hbg/ Homebrew and Hacking General

Previous thread >Waiting on QWERTY to deliver/ps3 scene edition

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.6 via magnethax or system transfer)
Switch: 3.0.0 (4.1.0 "eventually")
Wii U: 5.5.2
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.55
PS3: 3.55 (4.82 for 25xx models (minver 3.56) and below)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9 (embed)
↳CFW + b9s: hax.b4k.co/3ds/guide
Wii U: pastebin.com/DhfG6z7F (embed)
Switch: switch.hacks.guide/
Vita: pastebin.com/6DjeR08L (embed)
PS3: pastebin.com/6rH9Fc2E (embed)

-RECENT NEWS-
>Switch
[Feb ??] SciresM is working on a custom firmware for Switch called Atmosphere: github.com/SciresM/Atmosphere-NX
[Feb 18] nx-hbmenu released. Homebrew Launcher for 3.0.0. It's happening. Instructions: switchbrew.github.io/nx-hbl/
[Feb 17] "fusée gelée", a PoC coldboot exploit has been teased and is said to be unpatchable. twitter.com/ktemkin/status/964780654142484481 (embed)

>Vita
[Feb 24] TheFlow has an exploit chain for 3.67, but is going to leave it until at least the end of the year before releasing. twitter.com/theflow0/status/965261365496696832 (embed)

>PS4
[Feb 28] "Holy Grail" PS4HEN released, allows running unsigned packages and much more. wololo.net/2018/02/28/ps4-4-55-holy-grail-ps4hen-released-enables-pkg-support-homebrew-backups/
[Feb 28] 4.55 kexploit released. wololo.net/2018/02/28/ps4-4-55-jailbreak-specterdev-releases-full-implementation-payloads-pending/
[Feb 27] 5.05 webkit exploit released. wololo.net/2018/02/27/ps4-exploit-5-05-webkit-exploit-released-4-55-functional-jailbreak-probably-matter-days/

>PS3
[Mar 3] The PS3Xploit team is working on a userland exploit for Super Slims and certain Slim models which does not support homebrew but offers PS1/2/P emulation and backing up PS3 games. psx-place.com/threads/ps3xploit-3-0-preview-new-features-for-superslim-all-non-cfw-comp-ps3-models.16525/

Attached: 642362642.jpg (576x360, 284K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wololo.net/2018/03/11/qwertyoruiopz-5-50-jailbreak-PS4-Hen-released-enables-pkg-support
3dsiso.com/showthread.php?285289-The-Alliance-Alive-**Fully-playable-in-English**
recoleccionjuegos3ds.blogspot.com/
wololo.net/2018/03/11/poster-208123358-stopped-sucking-dick-scientists-relieved
gbatemp.net/threads/switch-firmware-by-serial-number.481215/
reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/5fv3xa/new_3dsxl2ds_firmware_by_serial_december_2016/
twitter.com/theflow0/status/972950296195469314
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

first for vita

I want to hack my fucking PS3 already!
Come the fuck on, it's not even a super slim

nth for 4.70+ when

>If 3.65 enso requires 3.60 entrypoint I'ma stay put, instead of risking total buttphuk!!
I think it will be fine if you just wait a day or two to make sure it's not outright bricking them. If Enso somehow stops working after it is installed, he'll probably just release the 3.67 exploit. I don't see how he could sit with that for a whole year having the entire Vita community thinking he's is an retarded.

wololo.net/2018/03/11/qwertyoruiopz-5-50-jailbreak-PS4-Hen-released-enables-pkg-support

5.50 RELEASED
5.50 RELEASED
5.50 RELEASED
5.50 RELEASED

Didn't even click

Did anyone try this?

3dsiso.com/showthread.php?285289-The-Alliance-Alive-**Fully-playable-in-English**

> all the consoles getting new hacks in the same week
holy shit

Attached: 1512893142733.jpg (344x251, 52K)

I have been literally using a peruvian piracy site for all my piracy since god knows when
recoleccionjuegos3ds.blogspot.com/

>he's in an retarded
kek

Attached: 28958575.jpg (856x960, 91K)

Dis again?

Attached: images.jpg (217x232, 8K)

Fool me once, won't get fooled again. At-least make it believeable

wololo.net/2018/03/11/poster-208123358-stopped-sucking-dick-scientists-relieved

If I go to gamestop and ask to check the codes on the bottom to check the firmware if they ask why and I say its for homebrew is there anything that would make them not let me because of that?

Attached: tumblr_inline_p5buu0wddu1qkkdvu_raw.png (540x467, 269K)

Should i buy a n3ds xl? Considering the snes version. I already have a 3ds and n3ds but i find theyre a little small. Idk, id hack it obviously like i did my last 2.

Should i just save the money? Im enjoying fire emblem so i thought maybe a larger screen or something, i saw the 2ds but the speaks are in an awful spot (though i like the game card cover).

wrong number, i should just kms

>The english patch is buggy and won't let Tiggy learn new arts.

for the switch. forgot to say

I asked a ebgames guy once. He was nice about it so im sure hell help you. He explained also all 2nd hand consoles need to be on the latest firmware because of a legal agreement with nintendo sony and ms.

Also what codes do we want for switches?

should i remake the thread with an updated Op?

>legal agreement with nintendo sony and ms.
why does this not surprise me even slightly
and they dare to get mad when we pirate their shit

Thanks. Here is the list.
I'll only check the new in box ones then. I'll still ask them about 2nd hand ones though just in case.
gbatemp.net/threads/switch-firmware-by-serial-number.481215/

Attached: 26805229_651964314973890_3343633497035083079_n.jpg (500x449, 52K)

What's there to update?

Anywhere to check what firmwares the various 3DS models ship with? I want to know if I can grab a New Galaxy 3DS.

NO
just get the news ready in this thread for next time

thanks

Nah too late now. Just make sure its there next time
reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/5fv3xa/new_3dsxl2ds_firmware_by_serial_december_2016/

What would you even add?

Nah it makes sense. They dont want the second hand market existing (no sale to them).

Thanks. Imma go to several stores and ask kindly. I actually need one for development so im going to be blunt and tell them im not pirating on it but developing homebrew for it

dont tell them that either lol

Can someone please give me a CLEAR answer if i will be able to play Tales of Vesperia with english patch on my PS3 3000 with PS3Xploit 3.0?

It seems that at every place there's a different answer

Attached: 1520797203272.gif (375x211, 608K)

No, at-least until it gets CFW which it needs for disk emulation

So what else is there apart from pirating PS4 games?

I'm sorry, I ask because I bought my first sony console since de PS1 and the catalog looks terrible as fuck, besides the games I already got the console for (MH, BB) I don't really see much incentive for ps4 homebrew, as it already looks like it has lots of features that you don't have in other non-cfw'd consoles, and its not region locked.

Totally the opposite scenario than on nintendo consoles. (in which I pirated the fuck out of them).
Not trolling. I want to play monhun online and I don't know if waiting for 5 more hours is worth it.

Attached: 1506744291866.gif (450x317, 500K)

No. The other user is right.

I say skip it for now. It's still a living console, probably going to be more hassle than it's worth.

Consoles are worth modding when they reach that sweet peak of plenty of games to play and modding reliable enough.

I actually wanted to know this too. It's the only reason I still give a damn about PS3 CFW.

PS3Xploit 3.0 is supposed to let us play backups from the XMB though, as if they were digital, right?
Could you not apply the patch to a digital version of the game and play it like that?

You should just bullshit and say you heard a certain batch have hardware issues online, and for peace of mind you just insist on checking the serial number and firmware version.
If they tell you thats bullshit, but say "nethertheless I feel like I should do it anyway. Puts me at ease for sure."

Can always bullshit about how some batches are prone to plastic case warping under stress. Say you plan to game on it a lot. Saving yourself time on returns in the end.
The likely wont bat an eyelid because they are used to people being dumb and saying weird crap. Thats what retail is all about.

What are you developing?

>Could you not apply the patch to a digital version of the game and play it like that?
There is no digital version of Vesperia.

There is no digital version of tales of Vesperia on ps3

A day or two ago someone had a code to get quite a bit off on a switch on ebay. Does anyone have it/does it still work?

5.05 NEVER EVER FAGS LMAAAAAAAAAAAAO
GET FUCKING REKT
NEVER
EVER
V
E
R

Attached: catfunny5.jpg (600x712, 38K)

Firstly there is no digital version. Secondly someone already talked about how after applying it would require you to have CFW to launch the game. I don't know all the details but as I understand it's not just an original backup of the game anymore, it's a modified one.

Or maybe. You could say that some older batches have had some units known to brick accidentally when updating firmware.
Just act smart and confident and people will eat up any dumb bullshit you spout.

Why not? What other reason is there?

Im sure theyre familiar with console hacking

First priority is to make a ftp server and client and samba client (maybe host).

Oh right. That sucks.
Hopefully we'll get CFW for those models.

Thanks guys.

Attached: 1503205256182.jpg (480x480, 23K)

Are there any switch FTPs at all yet?
Want someone to make the icons for those two way before you even get one?

>What a journey it has been in hacking the PlayStation 3 despite all the progress the community has made over the years, there has been those NoN-CFW Compatible PS3's (SuperSlim and some later Slim Models) unable to join the party on system hacks/homebrew to make most of their PS3 Hardware While CFW is not a likely option to ever happen on those models, the hole in 4.81/2 provided by PS3Xploit has brought some hope to hacks on those models as it provides a window for hackers/developers to explore.
>While CFW is not a likely option to ever happen on those models
Just give up hope, user. I already did.

Idk. Make it if you want, id just have wrote ftp on it.

Never give up. Theres always a way. On that note im stuck with 2 3000 models ps3s and 2 phats. I hate this life

Why we, owners of non-compatible PS3s have to go through all this suffering? It's not fair

Attached: 1520788161800.png (1600x900, 406K)

You'd be surprised how little the people that work in retail, game retailers and 2nd hand places like CEX actually know about games.
If a smart one called you out on your bullshit, they'd also likely be smart enough to know not to say anything and just let you buy it anyway with an affirmative grin.
It's what I'd do, and I work in retail. Hell, one of my colleagues didn't even know we get staff discount on cinema tickets till I explained the exact process to her on how to do it.
The only time I was impressed was when I was at CEX, and some dude was trading in a DS Lite (for drug money at a music festival he was going to), and a bunch of games, and left his R4 flashcart in the console. The man at the counter looked at it, looked at the games, took the cart out of the DS and handed it to him and calmly said "sir, we can't accept flash carts". Then he took the games and the console in and gave him his money for the stuff, and politely told him to have a good time as he walked off with his dosh happy.

>>PSxploit 3.0 still isn't out
When will the suffering end?

Attached: not_gold.jpg (421x421, 57K)

What's the point anyways. I already have everything I wanted to play on PS3 besides Vesperia and a couple of other Japanese games.

Attached: 1456754445270.png (917x1186, 14K)

alright /hbg/ which PS3 do i buy as a Persona 5 machine

25XX or lower

Ya you do, but not everyone else, I just want to play Scott Pilgrim and Marvel 2 HD again.

>PS3
>When PS4 is about to be BTFO

just watch some let's play and save the money

Attached: 1424595319408.jpg (486x700, 64K)

recommend me some ps3 games to get currently only have nier drakengard 3 and persona 5 installed

Ketsui

i can barely afford a PS3 (somehow got a Vita really cheap though)

Demon souls, Dragon's crown, Yakuza games, KH Remixes

>all I wanted was those old PS3 games that aren't even available digitally on PS3
>3.0 wouldn't even play them anyway because no update
Is RCPS3 is the only option left?

Whats gonna happen to the ps4 so soon?

5.05, we're waiting for you, don't make us wait to long.

PS3? they are the cheapest things

Qwerty might have something for us in a four hours, that's when he usually posts on twitter

>poorfag
>buys a Vita
so you're either the biggest weeb on the planet or full-on retard.

>Implying user can't be both

Qwerty will deliver in 5.05 hours.

>decr-1000a
>installed sonic 06 on bdemu for "fun"
>can't eject hard drive bay anymore
cursed

weeb student
vita was only ~$80 though

I got a WiiU on 5.5.2. Already bought Brain Age. Once I get this browserhax to work I only have to install Haxchi and im done right? Haxchi works both as an entry point to homebrew and as a CFW right? also how long did it took fo you guys to enter with the browser exploit

yes

ps3 is probably cheaper than vita desu

5 hours

Where is the 5 hours meme from ?

How reliable is the bootntr streaming on the new 3ds?

3.65 is releasing soon
THIS IS NOT A DRILL
twitter.com/theflow0/status/972950296195469314

Not very good.

10.6 browserhax when was asked alot along side 5.5 when for wii u during that time and anons just kept replying with 5 hours

ITS REAL

big if true

Attached: 1436908992322.png (1102x1377, 675K)

15 MINUTES

... until he delays it because he wants that contest to be fair.

Do any vitas ship on a higher os?

Took me like 20 minutes, it works eventually.

How does installing games on the internal memory of the wii u work anyway, can i delete the files i ftpd over or will that break the install?

OH SHIT
HABBENING

Attached: 1502817502865.png (287x280, 91K)

>There's no reason not to release right now
He never said he was releasing it, he just acknowledges that he's whoring for attention.

>tfw finally installed all the nodrm shit and adrenaline last night
for once it will be an easy transfer for all the new shit

Attached: 1510129538178.png (700x698, 1.06M)

Who /waiting for 1 hour after release because there will almost certainly be a v1.1 due to some rare bricking bug only a mass release could have found/?

i dont have a ps3 but i feel your pain

What contest?

Too bad your good work was for nothing as it all got updated this morning for the 3.65/7 release.

in

SD GENERATION GENESIS HERE I COME

Is there a list with 3.60+ games for nondprm or whatsitsname so i can download new games? Or will it have to wait?

I hope someone dumps VA-11 Hall-A and Rabi-Ribi

5.05 march 22