FORTNITE GENERAL - /fng/

Fortnite General #3 - PUBG is an exit scam edition

We have a discord now! Come to post your ign, find groups, and post your victories. 10+ kill victories get a special role
discord.gg/cjxegyy

>Download
epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/download

>Stat tracker/leaderboard
stormshield.one/pvp

>LFG
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScoxRlaG6cZa5BLHcwKQ_GL9rNl67UsRa-siVuu-qewJR62hg/viewform

>Most recent patch notes
epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/news/v3-2-patch-notes

Attached: ndF8W4a.png (1410x883, 950K)

first for WHERE WE DROPPIN BOYS

I find that if I lower ADS/scope sensitivity a little, depending on preference, it helps to focus fire a little better without moving TOO much.

same goes for default sensitivity. at 800dpi atm.

reminder to trust no one in solos

Attached: 1512003148883.webm (1138x480, 2.78M)

>people spam markers on towers

>okay.jpg

>find some ammo

>instantly die to smg

such is the dice roll of meme towers

Do you even have to ask

Attached: the original tilted tower.jpg (1012x1112, 923K)

Attached: 1512767341610.gif (200x200, 110K)

What do you guys use for sensitivity?
I feel like my ADS sensitivity is super finicky. It's too low for shotgun fights but it's too high for rifle fights

>falling for the ultra-wide meme

Attached: Cat Pain.jpg (500x500, 61K)

I don't even trust in squads

>ADS
>shotgun fights

the fuck

pls add me I need to do the friend achievements

I don't have voice chat but I have 15% friend xp boost

name is maxytracks

Attached: Under_77f378_6539461.jpg (900x675, 192K)

Tfw started playing yesterday
Already bought battle pass.
Now i want to buy the qt white recon skin. Convince me not to please

I’m shit but this is very fun

Teams of 20 is a permanent mode addition, right? Please tell me it is

I'd add you for the 10 matches thing but I don't have a mic either, also I'm still bad at combat so it would make me a complete detriment.to you

makes you deal more damage, no joke

I added

Equally shit with no voice chat here

>Teams of 20 is a permanent mode addition, right? Please tell me it is

Nope.

It's the best LTM so far but it gets old when your teammates are retarded and drop in retarded places and die to the storm. Too much extra RNG.

The shroud / Ninja duos today on twitch were quite possibly the most brutal overwhelming portrayal of ownage I've ever seen in a video game. A monster was born.

normies get out

Who is better? I'll watch them instead.

>watching people play game instead of playing it yourself

Com on. This isn't sport. You don't need to leave your chair to actually do it.

the building aspect is intimidating

I don't really play games anymore, these days I'm a musician that has a mac and gaming has taken a back seat. But I do love watching skilled folks play. I agree with you, though, in principle. I Just feel like this shroud / Ninja pairing is gonna be a force to be reckoned with. Curious to know who the significant challengers will be. I think fortnight is a great game, and the skill ceiling is clearly very high, which makes for great viewing.

it's a free to play multiplayer game
there's literally 0 reason to watch someone play it
especially unedited garbage
ESPECIALLY UNEDITED GARBAGE IN A GAME WHERE THERE IS A 80% DOWNTIME

more like 73%

Something like StarCraft or Dawn of war 2 probably have higher skill ceiling. If it have to be shooter - something like Natural Selection 2.

Attached: image[1].png (1242x2208, 2.15M)

Uninstalled shotguns are unfair

I watched some too. I just started playing this weekend, and I suck. I'll watch better people to see how they play the game to see if I can learn something. I mostly play, but when I'm eating or something...

Honestly, they are so much better than I am that it's a little crazy we're playing in the same game. I'm still figuring out how to build shit, and this guy talks about streaming the game for 8 hours every day of his life.

Myth, Doc and Ceez are all good at it.

>doc

Attached: 1515592488039.png (469x452, 277K)

cd omegalul

Seriously. If doc is good I'm a god at this game.

>get into shotgun fight in an open room
>miss all my shots, do no damage
Holy FUCK I'm bad at this game

What's the hardest mode and why is it duo?

Attached: Screenshot_2018-03-12-07-12-30.png (720x1280, 81K)

hardest is squad no fill, then squad fill, then duo fill then duo no fill then solo then duo premade then squad prermade

for me premade squad is harder cause my friend suck and use all my shield and heal

well premade squad implies people are actually good

>pre made
>good
Kek, I've had squads full of tards with 6-7KDs that have 3% win rates. Its amazing how bad even "good" players are.

>Grown ass man that wears a wig and tacticool sunglasses and threatens to doxx little kids when they say rude words to him after giving him money

Honestly I don't think winrate or any stat really shows how good you are in this game

If you drop at tilted all the time obviously your winrate is going to suffer for it. Or if you drop at some unnamed location and win 50% of games with 2 kills, you're still gonna be shit at gunfights.

You have to look at both winrate and kills per game
High in both indicates a good player

k/d shows how good your aim is
winrate shows how good your gamesense is
if someone has a decently good k/d and a good winrate, they're premade worthy

To be fair I just drop in the place where they are a lot of people cause I don't want to wander for 20 minutes and finish top 1 with 3 kills.

Attached: Fortnite.jpg (948x726, 75K)

jesus christ lower your sens

Eh to be honest My solo K/D is like 3, and I've got like 12 wins in 200 games. Which stat wise is pretty shit

I'm no Myth when it comes to building but I still kick the shit out of the average player, and still grab wins consistently with my shitter mates who can't build

Honestly as long as you're communicating and sharing ammo etc, you'll win a lot of games. The overwhelming majority of people you face in squads are little children with no microphones.

Yeah, squad features some awful players, it's really obvious when you face a team that knows what they're doing
All the turboshitters gather in 20m atm though, people there are hilariously bad. I don't know if it's amplified by their belief that their large numbers will fix things, but just mindlessly run at you like bots

Attached: ca-ching.webm (960x540, 2.89M)

>most difficult challenge not tagged "(Hard)"

Attached: 123.jpg (1050x853, 132K)

>stationary targets: the webm

>find the three animals challenge
I found the crab, where's the other two?

I just did that with another guy on here, post your name and someone will probably add you

There's only three enemies, what could possibly go wrong if I just stand here healing

>15 kills on 20v20
>20 enemies left
>9 teammates somehow get overwhelmed by 2 dudes camping in a 1x1 while I'm healing and we lose

Honestly there's no hope for some people. I don't understand how you can be so bad

aim for the head and it does enough
unless the game decides to not register the shot like tends to happen very very often when at a closer range

Next weeklies are going to be a bit of a bitch

Attached: x6wkiiguw7l01.png (826x560, 64K)

Why is Fortnite so much more fun than PUBG?

Because it took out the shit parts of it

>TRAP ELIMINATIONS
FUCK

eliminate me daddy~

building literally adds a new dimension to the game and makes it easier for good players to win fights
not spending 5 hours in between fights
not a laggy, buggy piece of garbage

cuz funny cartoon graphics

>every location name is a vagina euphemism
uh.h.. problematic?

>tfw they added Lucky Landing which has open windows to land in and great loot, yet only one or two people ever go there

That or the Dank Docks (on Loot Lake). Been going there since the beginning.

How is retail row a euphemism for a vagina

shotguns do too much damage t b h

>tilted towers
>haunted hills
>anarchy acres
>snobby shore
>et cetera
What are you talking about?

Disagree. Shotguns should flat out win up close if you have good aim, period. Try using a pistol if you are losing shotgun fights, and maintain range. It's a great weapon if you suck at shotgun dancing.

>tfw spending more time waiting for a game than playing
haha fucking kill me

Attached: Untitled.png (400x345, 4K)

If anyone really has trouble with the fundamentals, such as aiming or building, I really do recommend the pve. On sale it's only $20 bucks, you are taken through a myriad of situations involving terrain and editing, and you get plenty of shooting practice since its a horde/tower defense game. And if you are looking for Vcoins, the game spews them out in the early stages, and maintains a constant trickle through daily quests / encyclopedia management.

shotguns are fine
AR's need a buff desu

Nice try

Shotguns just need their range nerfed

I basically got cross map sniped by a pump action for all my health last night.

Attached: 1520433689930.png (349x491, 203K)

Bloom needs to go.

All it does it randomize shit when there is no telling where your bullets are going

competitive mode with better servers and no rng when
gotta love the 17 tick servers not registering half my shots

Just saying. I see a whole lot of shitters complaining that

A. They can't aim
B. They can't build
C. They want Vcoins

And I've seen plenty of people asking for a training room to learn in. What is PvE but a training room?

Strangely, I've found the pump in particular holds spread a great distance, certainly 3 tiles at least. The shotgun spread needs to be reorganized entirely to be conical, instead of rng.

The llama is north of junk junction, the fox is east of wailing woods. Where's the crab?

First place the bus passed, I dropped in as I'd never seen it. Only one other person was there, killed them and helped myself to 3+ chests and all gear. Wierd that it was so empty.

Wailing woods my man. They are all on the rim of the map.

crab's at moist mire, thanks

Sexy bear pics?

>get sniper elim and revive players in 20v5 because I needed one of each left
>doesn't count towards my battle pass
W H Y
H
Y

I just lost a close range fight with a scar because the shotgun faggot twoshot me, guess I'm never not using shotguns again

>fng
Thank you.

>finished all chapters of the event PVE as soon as they came out
>now those qts are avaliable in eventlamas
>they actualy got great skills
>only way to get more of these lamas is painful grind or giving Rabi Epicstein my goycoins

I love pve but sometimes epic just goes full merchant.

Attached: demolitionqts.png (1021x580, 601K)

>crossbow eliminations
What is this mythical weapon and where does one obtain one?

learn to aim

Poor man's sniper rifle, most chest drops but shows up in gear spawns as well. It has infinite ammo which can be handy buy for the most part any other scoped weapon is better/more useful

Can't beat the feeling of hitting someone with an arrow and watching them spin in all directions looking for you. Plus it arcs in such a way where you can hit people OVER their wall when they hide.

But it's extremely situational, I would probably drop it for a few grenades even.

If you get it early game before you get much else I can see a point to it but I almost always drop it in favour of other things

hunting rifle > bolt > toy sniper > crossbow > revolver > handcannon

>Muh bloom
>Muh RNG
I have a feeling a lot of you are still standing and strafing when trying to shoot

Attached: LoneNegativeGreendarnerdragonfly-mobile.webm (640x360, 2.63M)

Does hunting rifle do much in terms of damage?

No we're just used to games with not-shit gunplay
Even Epic agrees it's ass, hence why they're trying out other models

>g-git gud, look at this webm which shows rng and poor aim
Remove the rng and wow, suddenly you have a much more enjoyable game

inb4 cs style spray patterns that only autists want to master

Attached: 1444481922668.jpg (272x245, 22K)

You'll also start dying a lot easier and then start bitching about that

I said not-shit

no but the firerate is crazy

No, because then there is no rng to blame
at that point you can say git gud

It's alright, but doesn't onehit, which is why I prefer the Bolt
In a game where cover can be thrown up after the first shit, it's very important to have that hit deal as much damage as possible

Reminder that the burst is great

Attached: EarlyOpenIsopod-mobile.webm (640x360, 2.56M)