/hbg/ Hacking and Homebrew General

Previous thread >-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.6 via magnethax or system transfer)
Switch: 3.0.0 (4.1.0 "eventually")
Wii U: 5.5.2
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.55
PS3: 3.55 (4.82 for 25xx models (minver 3.56) and below)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
↳CFW + b9s: hax.b4k.co/3ds/guide
Wii U: pastebin.com/DhfG6z7F
Switch: switch.hacks.guide/
Vita: pastebin.com/6DjeR08L
PS3: pastebin.com/6rH9Fc2E

-RECENT NEWS-
>Switch
[Feb ??] SciresM is working on a custom firmware for Switch called Atmosphere: github.com/SciresM/Atmosphere-NX
[Feb 18] nx-hbmenu released. Homebrew Launcher for 3.0.0. It's happening. Instructions: switchbrew.github.io/nx-hbl/
[Feb 17] "fusée gelée", a PoC coldboot exploit has been teased and is said to be unpatchable. twitter.com/ktemkin/status/964780654142484481

>Vita
[Feb 24] TheFlow has an exploit chain for 3.67, but is going to leave it until at least the end of the year before releasing. twitter.com/theflow0/status/965261365496696832
[Mar 11] TheFlow released the exploit for 3.65, but requires 3.60.
github.com/TheOfficialFloW/update365

>PS4
[Feb 28] "Holy Grail" PS4HEN released, allows running unsigned packages and much more. wololo.net/2018/02/28/ps4-4-55-holy-grail-ps4hen-released-enables-pkg-support-homebrew-backups/
[Feb 28] 4.55 kexploit released. wololo.net/2018/02/28/ps4-4-55-jailbreak-specterdev-releases-full-implementation-payloads-pending/
[Feb 27] 5.05 webkit exploit released. wololo.net/2018/02/27/ps4-exploit-5-05-webkit-exploit-released-4-55-functional-jailbreak-probably-matter-days/

>PS3
[Mar 3] The PS3Xploit team is working on a userland exploit for Super Slims and certain Slim models which does not support homebrew but offers PS1/2/P emulation and backing up PS3 games. psx-place.com/threads/ps3xploit-3-0-preview-new-features-for-superslim-all-non-cfw-comp-ps3-models.16525/

Attached: DYCht5nX0AAvImi.jpg (960x544, 58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

switch.hacks.guide/game-card-update
github.com/ArkSource/gamecard-microsd/releases
twitter.com/AnonBabble

PS3Xploit 3.0 WHEN??

5.05 when?

Attached: 1499867011588.jpg (343x504, 110K)

Im on 2.3 what do i do

switch.hacks.guide/game-card-update

or just wait for cfw

I really hope someone replies because I have never seen my problem before, it's on Wii U

I installed a homebrew launcher that can be launched from the Wii U menu, so I don't need to do the browser gimmick, but upon launching it I get a generic error that forces me to restart the console (it won't even get close to booting, the error appears while still on the Wii U screen)

All I wanna do is uninstall this one and install a newer version of it, but how to uninstall?

Attached: 1500634719648.jpg (250x140, 5K)

my settings does not have an option for henkaku settings. could someone please help.

We still here waiting, i just want a cfw with tons of homebrews and spoofing for game updates.

After updating to 3.65 Enso, do plugins continue to go in ur0?

Do you have regular Haxchi or Coldboot Haxchi?

Regular Haxchi
I can upgrade to Coldboot if I want but the bricking chance makes it not really appealing (even though I am fairly sure I did everything right so far)

Also, just another question, can I freely remove my SD card while on the Wii U menu just to quickly put some files into it or will that fuck shit up? (Running just Haxchi)
My Wii U has a hardware problem that makes it very difficult to turn it back on once it is turned off.

>ps4 is blown wide open
>vita no longer cucked on 3.60

>ps3 super slim hack still not out and even when it is you won't be able to play some games

w
h
y

What are some good VNs for the vita?

Attached: chinked.jpg (754x1350, 358K)

So, if your homebrew launcher is installed on the menu, just see if it'll let you uninstall it from data management in the settings. Also, can't you just assign a button to hold down whenever you select Haxchi from the menu in order to boot directly into the homebrew launcher?
Should be fine. After you launch Haxchi, it's loaded into memory, so you can remove/insert the SD as you need. Just as long as you're not running something from the SD card at the time. Btw, why not just use FTP so you don't have to take the SD card out?

>why not just use FTP
I am currently looking into doing
I didn't know I could do that, very interesting, gonna look it up, thanks

can someone try to install salt and sanctuary and report if working or not? not working on my end.

Any bricks on 3.65 yet?

>3.67 never ever
>5.0x never ever
IT'S NOT FAIR

nope

It's safe and comfy desu.

You forgot
>4.1 never ever

I hope they wait until Persona Dancing games are released

Except it's already confirmed.

Is the dancing games really that fun? Why don't just play Miku games?

Is this nonpdrm not loading properly or have I broken all my games, the mai ones load fine. 3.65 seems to be working fine apart from my games they all do this. I have nonpdrm launching from ur0 zero also tried it in ux0 and its made no difference ;__;

Attached: IMG_20180312_105939.jpg (4160x3120, 1.65M)

>Why don't just play Miku games?

Attached: 1520670629155.jpg (970x545, 105K)

Isn't 5.05 confirmed too?

So just for fapping? Why don't just watch hentai then? These are not hot either.

I do, I have most Vita rythm games

You fucked up son of man

Attached: Metatron.jpg (1228x1520, 1.7M)

aaaa what's wrong?

Sorry im a noob, but is ps4 able to play pirated games now?

If you are on firmware 4.55 yes
If you are on firmware 5.05 probably soon
If you are on firmware 5.50 (the latest one) probably never

Has been for a long time.

>You will not be able to downgrade back to 3.60 if you find that this custom firmware doesn't suit you.
it's not worth it

Why don't it suit you tho?

3.67 is literelly gonna be release next year. Not like we need it

because it only takes one fuck up to end up with a brick

Does Retroarch work on 3.65?

Literally no brick ever. LITERALLY.

That's what im worried about
I've only just bothered putting on 3.60 enso, setting all the nopaystation stuff, and redownloading all my games
There's also very little stuff on 3.61+ that interests me right now
So im just gonna wait, play the games I have now, and then when I get around to it, any potential issues or downsides will have long since been fixed

Well, there was one...

is it time to laugh at /shitagen/ again?

No, nothing works.

>my previously fucked 3ds is no longer fucked
>managed to factory reset without it freezing
No fucking clue what happened, but damn am I happy.

Attached: 1492601924271.jpg (500x375, 39K)

When wasn't it?

Yes, I hope someone shitpost there for lulz.

There isn't much worth going for unless you're a weeaboo and want to read VNs.

I'm on enso 3.60 at the moment.

Can you name 5 games that need 3.61+ that I am missing out on?
Thanks

Attached: lines.jpg (506x810, 111K)

No 3.67 games atm are worth playing anyway

The only game I know I want on 3.61+ is Digimon Story Hacker's Memory
But I haven't even started the first Cyber Sleuth or even know if I actually like the Digimon RPGs, so I have no reason to rush onto 3.65 until I play that first

FOR ANYONE WHO IS USING SD2VITA AS UX0: CAN'T GET NONPDRM GAMES TO LOAD:

I have a solution.
>MAKE A BACKUP OF VITASHELL THROUGH CMA
>I'll say it again
>MAKE A BACKUP OF VITASHELL THROUGH CMA
>delete all files in the /tai folder on the microsd card
>eject your sd2vita
>HOPE YOU MADE A BACKUP OF VITASHELL THROUGH CMA
>reboot the Vita
>let it format the internal Memory Card
>restore Vitashell backup
>connect via FTP
>open ur0:
>copy over gamesd.sprx and nonpdrm.sprx to ur0 folder
>edit your config.txt in the usual way
>power off your Vita
>put the sd2vita gamecard back in
>power on

No idea WHY this worked, but before I did this, the Vita was entirely ignoring any plugins in both ur0: and ux0: so it's worth a shot. Just MAKE SURE YOU MADE A BACKUP OF VITASHELL THROUGH CMA.

No.
Had a worrying moment when it kept stalling on the molecule boot up, but I refreshed the database and it's working okay.

Yeah
Give___
Me _____________
_________________The
______SAUCE__________

It is shit desu. You're not missing anything.
Do I need a psn account to back up with qcma?

steins;gate 0
Undertale
Ys VIII
Ys Origin
Danganronpa 3

>It is shit desu. You're not missing anything.
What, Hacker's Memory or Cyber Sleuth in general?

I thought undertale was just a meme?

I don't know the answer to that, I'm afraid. I've got one connected, so possibly. You can access PSN on 3.65 anyway, so it might be worth connecting one just to be safe.

You can literally play everyone of those on PC.

Cyber>Hacker. Both are shit anyway. Hacker was just a rehashed mess.

You can be a part of that meme now too, which is half the fun.

See, the great thing about a handheld console is that they're portable. I can't fit my tower in my briefcase, y'know?

I'd rather read my chinese novels on my chinaphone while getting logged by the chinese free republic.

You can with a laptop

4.1.0 when?

yes, but no idea if it's being released

That's disappointing to hear
I'll still give Cyber a try, and see what I think of it
One more reason to stay on 3.60 for now though

Every gaming laptop I've ever seen is some hefty lump with a battery life of about an hour. Also, I don't think Ys VIII is on Steam anymore. Didn't they take it down because the port was a travesty?

How does one unlink the Vita memory card in Henkaku Settings if such an option doesn't even exist?

Attached: 1438045056254.jpg (600x600, 31K)

2018 is when Pokemon Switch is coming, so October.

Ys 8 is April release. Dunno what you're talking about.
Epic shitpost friend

No, I dunno, either. Must've been making that up, or got it confused with something else. But if it's an April release, then it actually can't be played on PC yet, so can suck it.

I fixed my plugins not working (primarily, my SD2Vita wasn't being detected). I just downloaded arksource's gamesd.skprx because that new storagemgr and TheFlow's gamesd.skprx are currently fucked up on 3.65. Arksource's works when saved to ur0. If anyone needs it: github.com/ArkSource/gamecard-microsd/releases

I don't see how it's a shitpost, nor how your statement helped in any way.
Reevaluate your existence.

Alright, so my New 3DS XL(the Metroid edition)has been hacked by following the guide. I followed it carefully just as I always have. Except this time, something is wrong. Mind you, I only have a 4GB SD card in there at the moment, but lately it has been taking forever to boot up. The power light powers on and the wifi light flashes, but the screens remain black. Sometimes it takes 10 seconds while other times it just never starts up. This isn't the only time either. My blue Monster Hunter New 3DS XL has the same issue as well.

Thats not soon enough, but its not like Im touching my switch.

TheFlow's gamesd works, you just have to essentially start from scratch and set up your ur0:/tai folder without your sd2vita in first. He really could've done a better job of explaining it, rather than just "updated for 3.65/3.67".

teh scary

Attached: Capture.png (750x401, 273K)

used to have that problem when a flashcart was inserted

Update us senpai

No flashcart is inserted when this occurs, so I can safely say that isn't the problem.

is it possible? why not in the OP?

tfw I never used enso and there no detailed guide for this case.

If there's one thing about the Vita scene that can improve upon, it's the vagueness when explaining shit. I found out I could just remove the games I had on my official Vita memory card by deleting them from the app folder after copy/pasting them on my SD2Vita. Trial and error. I asked if it was possible multiple times and got no response, and just tried it myself. Just deleting the bubbles doesn't work because it deletes the bubbles on both the Vita memory card and the SD2Vita.

There literally is.

You need to install 3.67, stare at the screen, touch your nose 5 times and scream FUCK SONY
Apparently the Vita suffers from abandonment issues and if you curse Sony it will willfully disable drm protections.

idk then sounds like a more serious problem

Holy shit, it works. Thanks senpai.

agreed. too much frustration for something that should be simple and direct. the 3ds scene is very detailed in explaining everything, step-by-step. I understand fl0w is vietnamese, but not enough info is being written for a lot of this shit.

I certainly hope not. Odd that it only happened to my special edition ones and not my other ones. But that may just be coincidence. I guess I can test out different SD cards again, but that probably isn't the Issue either.

I can confirm this works

>Vietnamese
He is? I thought he was a Nazi resident?

/hbg/-chan is ~fast!

Only half at most. He doesn't show up on the local forums either.

My only issue with the explanation is that they forgot to tell you to use the uninstall option inside the Enso app.

Is it retard free like 3ds a9lh? I'm tempted but I'm a brainlet however. Hack 3ds long ago but never hack anything since then. The 3DS hack took me 2-3 hours. I'm ashamed. I don't want to brick Vita desu.

How can I get pkgj to show games that require 3.61+?

It's not there?