/itb/ Into the Breach

Into the Breach: You Can (Not) Save the Train edition

>intothebreach.gamepedia.com/Into_The_Breach_Wiki

>store.steampowered.com/app/590380/Into_the_Breach/

>subsetgames.com/itb.html
Mods:
The nexus is coming soon.
>Acid Judoka/Cut-Content: drive.google.com/open?id=1bu8j4wKKVKCwT_y5oow2JQFtFuwS5RvR
>Retaliation Ralph Pilot Skill
drive.google.com/file/d/1LTYWE1tuMvp1txQ0ybjp7cWCxBwON7NP/view?usp=sharing
>user's cute waifu portrait (replaces Camilla's sprites)
mega.nz/#!tkBi3aBY!dCZtr7HlzaicVVaQGMsLeVbTlpOhZw8aDvexsBqBYig
imgur.com/a/cq9Ll

Previous Timeline:

Attached: 1520442929296.png (1260x712, 246K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/28QF9W0r
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for Rusting Hulks

Attached: nf_01.jpg (755x306, 131K)

It's only now that I realize how underwhelming grid defense +3 is. It's like getting a birthday card instead of a real present from your rich uncle.

Even grid defense +6 would be underwhelming as all hell. If you aren't playing to avoid taking grid damage at all you've already made a misplay somewhere.

A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent. I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita; Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and, to impress him, takes on his multi-armed form and says, "Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds."

Attached: get fucked bugs.gif (1264x700, 3.14M)

BIG COMBOS!

Attached: ITB webm.webm (576x324, 2.73M)

This was satisfying.

>that achievement

Attached: 1379513864026.png (211x246, 11K)

It's weird that you got the C-beam achievement for this.

>unnecessary 3 damage on the artillery.

How easy would it be to create new maps or missions? I feel like some added variety would help keep things interesting in the long run.

Yeah, i guess the achievement was wrongly linked to the mech instead of the weapon.

Just got this game yesterday and won my first playthrough. Did I just get really lucky? I like the strategic part of planning out the interactions though placement at the beginning of battles almost seems like a crapshoot.

I think it actually just requires you to hit 4 enemies with the laser mech, regardless of weapon used.

>all that collateral damage
At least the beam can be upgraded to not deal friendly fire.

Attached: Breach 2018-03-12 09-37-19-87.png (341x109, 20K)

I think this game is trying to mock me. I got Henry killed and this is what it fucking gives me. On the plus side it means I can self destruct and not worry about using a turn on the repair drop.

Attached: ITBOneIslandTooLate.jpg (1597x884, 378K)

Beam isn't half as good though.

>collateral damage
Its not collateral if it isnt permanent, and the beam damages buildings which is the worst thing about it

Lightning Whip is the superior mans weapon

>Lightning Whip is the superior mans weapon
Until you get a protect the NPC mission, then you're fucked.

Running both the beam and the whip on the laser mech gives you a tool for any job. A surprisingly effective combo I found.

>Until you get a protect the NPC mission
You just need to know how to position yourself, rocks, and enemies. That's the entire purpose of that squad.

How do you install mods?

I only have one achievement left till I got the secretion squad.

Is all thats left afterwards beating the game with every songle team on hard mode on every Island length?

Is such a thing possible? I dont want to leave a timeline of destruction behind me.

Attached: 1520426072481.png (640x955, 478K)

>secretion squad

Attached: 1352041982751.jpg (250x250, 18K)

Find out what files they replace, backup those files and paste the new modded files over into the folder.

Never seen this one.

Attached: 1.png (1280x720, 128K)

Its good. Not only heals mech, but resurrects pilot.

>but resurrects pilot

Attached: 1459028653089.png (364x528, 230K)

Just beat the game for the first time, all islands and on hard mode. Are the replays with new squads just the same thing but with different units? If so I don't really feel like doing it again.

>game has multiple squads built for you to experience the game differently each time
>beat it with one squad
>"Yeah i'm done"
This wasn't the game for you, kiddy.

I'm on my way to the final island on hard as the Zenith Guard and I'm conflicted on keeping Explosive Vents on my Laser Mech or buying the Titanite Blade.
Guess I'll think about it at work.

Ive only used the titan blade a couple times but dont you get more bang for your buck out of it then the vents? You can direct whichever way you want to push dudes. What are the chances youd need to push 4 guys away with the vent?

That's true, I've been limited in how often I can use the vent because of the collateral damage.

Honestly all ive noticed when Im forced to make a difficult decision is the game decides to fuck me over and pile shit in such a way that whatever I should have gotten would be what saves me.

Levels are semi-randomized, you can choose the order of islands you visit, different squads have different mechanics and there's new achievements to unlock.

There's also new pilots(including FTL ones), achievements, squads, randomized and custom squads and the secret squad to unlock. If none of that appeals then yeah you should get a refund.

>the game decides to fuck me over and pile shit in such a way that whatever I should have gotten would be what saves me.
every fucking time to the level that I wonder if it isn't programmed to do this.

All weapons mode when
Play as Vek vs Mech mode when
Big map, extra mech(s) mode when
PvP multiplayer when

Since the thread is new, I'm afraid of opening this can of worms, but I feel it's necessary to say it.
Can we please just make a rule to report and ignore whenever the autist posts his list?
No, seriously, everytime he appears he single-handedly renders the thread unusable for an entire evening.
I'm tired of coming here hoping to discuss favorite mechs, custom squads and runs with other people, just to find him throwing shit at +15 anons. I've seen that 4 times in a row already. I understand people new to /itb/ will keep falling for it, but it's not like we can't warn them.
Please, for the sake of these threads, let's just ignore him. Please.

Attached: 1520507248067.png (413x374, 199K)

>just make a rule
Is called "not being a newfag and ignore and report shitposting".

just hide his posts

I'm just saying, after 4 days in both /v/ and here one would expect people had learned to not slam their heads into a wall.
But it keeps happening and sadly these threads keep getting shitted up.

Why bring this up when the list hasnt been posted yet?

Also everyone should know that subjective lists are retarded, especially in a game where you have all the facts.

I should add weapons to this list, to figure out max damage outputs and power required to fully upgrade them.

Attached: ITB Mechs.png (674x1366, 142K)

>Is such a thing possible?
not even hard m8
most of these were first try

Attached: 20180312203651_1.jpg (1920x1081, 235K)

RALPH FUCKING SUCKS

Attached: 600k timelines in debt.jpg (611x645, 93K)

What's better:

Confuse shot (changes direction of enemy attack)
OR
Shield projector (shields 2 things)

>Shield projector (shields 2 things)
Shield projector upgrades to hit 5 squares eventually, and you can use it twice per combat
Much better generally speaking

depends on the rest of your mechs/weapons, really
but I'm going with the shield projector if you have cores to bring it to its full potential
if you've got no cores to really invest, I'd say confuse shot can get you more mileage

I like the theory that Ralph is an FTL human.

Are one of the robots Enji?

Can you get FTL pilots as rewards once you unlocked them?
Or is the only way to get one, to start with him as your main pilot

AFIK you keep finding beacons.

So you will never be offered one, when you complete a Island and get rewards?

I don't think so, Engi seem to have pretty simple designs but that could just be FTL graphics.

Hopefully the update adds a Enji pilot then, Isnt there Slug and one other, the guys that suck air out of rooms

Even if that were the case, none of them are even comparable to Engi functionally. Ralph is a little stretch because he's obviously a human but the abilities line up. Then of course there's the obvious 3 FTL pilots.

Those and the Crystal aliens.

none of them really look like the engi and like says their abilities dont really fit it. The engi abilities in ftl are Repair speed is doubled, and Combat damage inflicted is halved

i could see them being added or atleast modded in over some of the mechs or shitty ralph

Slugs would be odd though: Telepathic powers reveal rooms and lifeforms even when sensors are down (or nonexistent), Immune to mind control.
Maybe allow them to see advanced spawn locations sou you could play multiple turns ahead for teams like fireboys
Crystal boys could be fun because of their FTL ability lockdown. from the wiki: Active ability that coats the room they're in with crystals, preventing anyone from entering or leaving. The crystals wear off over time, or when attacked. This ability requires time to recharge after being used. It lasts 7.5 seconds (teleported system cooldown has 4 cycles=20secs, and 1.5 cycles pass while 1 lockdown is on), about 50dp/crew.
Crystal could be like always having an ice mech with you like the mantis is always having a melee mech with you
Lanius are the only ones that don't really fit because they drain oxygen from the environment. Even if in lore they just drained their cockpit then what would their ability even be? You could maybe mod them onto the negate smoke chick? not sure

you're thinking of the lanius

Attached: engi.png (233x194, 7K)

If anything I'd imagine crystals functioning similarly to webbing so a vek can't move on their next turn

I didn't make a typo, I meant "Those [aliens you mentioned] along with the Crystal aliens [that you didn't mention]".

>their abilities dont really fit it
Engi could repair 2/repair other mech. Slug could predict the exact enemy spawns.

>but the abilities line up
The backstory adds up as well.

pastebin.com/28QF9W0r
>He has never said which island he hails from, and there are suspicions he may have come from somewhere beyond the Corporate archipelago... possibly even from a space station. If true, Ralph has refused to confirm it, although in a few timelines, both Bethany, Harold, and Isaac have commented on the Time Pod's architecture as being modeled off of space-faring tech (notably a launch capsule of a rocket... or an escape pod of a rocket)."
I like to imagine him escaping from yet another failed FTL run and retreating to safety through a time pod only to find himself in a time where his home planet is all fucked up. With literally nothing left he just becomes obsessed with saving the timeline.

Engi:
>repair becomes 2 Hp to his mech and 1Hp to adjacent mechs
or
>give psion-like regeneration to the mech Engi is in
Slug:
>replaces heal with the ability to control a Vek in that turn (maybe make an exception to bosses, as that would be to broken)
Lanius:
>mech can function in water
Crystal: either what you or this guy said.

Greetings fellow humans.

We all agree that robot pilots are way better than the dirty organics, right? Who's your favorite? I prefer Arquimedes.

>Slug could predict the exact enemy spawns.
That would be an amazing ability, probably the best
Assuming you mean you could see what would be popping up out of a Vek spawn points

Yeah, that's what I mean. Blocking an alpha instead a normal one could be kinda OP, specially for hard mode. You can't really chose what to block every turn tho.

Robot Abe when?

Archimedes pls

quit bullying Ralph, bruh
you can’t do it to him like that

Do maps with trains have fewer turns, or is that just my imagination?

Some maps have 5 turns, others have 4.

>another night with insomnia killing me
>decide to get 3 achievements on the same run
>no new weapons/pilots for 3 islands
>no modifications for 3 islands
>destroy all timepods for 3 islands
>use rust boys on normal mode
>literally at the boss of the third island, 2 turns away from the achievements
>realize I forgot to check the order of attack as I press "end turn"
>grid dies

Attached: 1519856995704.jpg (998x720, 39K)

Some interesting unused images in the game files...

Attached: box_panic.png (168x115, 3K)

I think I have to abandon the train

Tank deals 2 damage
Artillery does 3, building immune
Punch deals 4, has dash and flying

Attached: Untitled.png (1271x709, 150K)

I can kill 1 and the boulders, 2, reduce 3 down to one HP and secure the time pod

The artillery and building will take 1 damage
4 and 5 will be alive as is

>artillery in front of bomb, attacks 2
>tank goes to pod, attacks rock
>punch mech punchs rockguy

do i just have to accept my loss?

Attached: rip maybe.jpg (1920x1080, 495K)

no, of course not
You can deal with 4 and 5 with a single shot
depends what your shield bro has left and how far you can move the charger

everyone can move
charger has 4 move
and yes i can handle 4 and 5 with prime but what about 2 and 1?

>morale system
yeah, not surprised that got canned
would've overcomplicated the fuck out of things

it's probably got replaced with grid

slug probably replaces repair with a confuse shot or something or he shows you what spawns from each burrow

>mech takes a hit
>panics
>moves on vek turn and punches HQ

we nu-com now boys

okay but this is it
or does any of you see a way out here

Attached: rip in peace.jpg (1920x1080, 473K)

oh just to let you know, i can't shield anymore

he is literally the worst pilot in all the timelines he deserves to be bullied

Yeah rip

They always have 4 turns, so yeah. It’s beautiful, train missions best missions.

Ralph... Ralph had a hard knock life, for us.

Is the Shock Cannon better than the normal cannon?

It can hit 2 targets
Only costs 5 to fully upgrade vs 6
They both deal 3 damage

Attached: Untitled.png (885x341, 62K)

isn't it an artillery weapon?
seems straight up better so i assume im missing something

it's actually a little clunky to use because pushing stuff away from you is generally superior to pulling it.

and you'd think it would be good to pull stuff from a building but that shot is verboten because you would usually hit the building.

You are right, I currently have both on my tank, the Shock cannon deals 3 damage, and the Taurus deals 1, just for pushing

how to win as steel judoka
what to upgrade

movement for all mechs, pheromones, find better gear.

mantis pilot is actually pretty dope on the judo mech (or gravity mech) so you can actually do damage and have a normal push. henry, harold, and camilla are all good choices as well (like they are for any team)

>final turn of some mission
>already planning potential moves
>enemies move into position
>they're almost exactly where I want them
>visualize the perfect sequence of moves to close out mission
>visualize it so strongly I hit end turn without actually making any moves
>die
someone here told me yesterday to turn on end turn confirmation and I dismissed it
I'm sorry

When I started this game I named Gana RoboCop2
Not realizing I would end up with an all robot party.

Should I bother buying one more reactor, or just dump it all into the grid, for a 19% Defense?

Attached: Untitled.png (1089x1425, 239K)

>literally no mech has +1 move upgrade
>asking what he should do with leftover reputation

also there is no way silica is getting use out of his ability. you need to shuffle your pilots. gana in the prime for sure, the other two are up to your preference (probably silica in the artillery)

>preemptive strike
>dash
>flying
>4 movement each

I ended up giving Prospero more HP, since Scions and Vekspawns are going to be pinging him a lot

I assure you, the movement of the squad has been perfect.

>also there is no way silica is getting use out of his ability
Haha, you couldnt be more wrong, I forced the boss scorpion to grapple him at the start, and double punched him to death

I dropped Gana into 3 guys, knowing the boss would act first and couldnt attack him, and I put Silica in the only spot the boss could target, forcing him to come into Melee range

Pink square was where the boss started, then moved to
Green square is where I dropped Gana and put Silica
Blue squares were the three alphas

Attached: Untitled.png (1271x710, 180K)

should I not be a pussy and divert HP reactor power to fully powering movement and weapons? this is for the final battle on hard, worth all the marbles

It depends on the mechs and weapons. Giving your punch mech 2+ damage can mean that he's one-shotting 80% of anything you'll see on the final battle but on other mechs it might be more worth it to power up movement or weapons, or maybe not, it all depends.