> Free audio
freesound.org/browse
freemusicarchive.org
incompetech.com/music
fantasymusica.org

> How to Webm
obsproject.com
gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter

Attached: 1520827226880.png (771x539, 387K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lazyfoo.net/tutorials/SDL/index.php
wiki.libsdl.org/APIByCategory
lemmyrodul.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for cant think of anything good

i'll idea guy for you lad.
And i'll even do it for F R E E

Where do I get started with making myself a small Touhou prototype kind of game using SDL2? Do I just read through lazyfoo.net/tutorials/SDL/index.php and do all the tutorials?

Enough sad-posting. It's time to make progress.

Attached: 1463129541745.png (531x651, 380K)

Just steal some (aka ALL) ideas from Veeky Forums bruh.

Attached: 1421570997353.png (1348x951, 619K)

I hope recap guy is ok

We only ever see the bot, but there's a person behind that, too

Anybody worked with Sapling for Blender? I want to make a good looking tree and I fail horribly with Unity Tree Creator.

Attached: 345354345.jpg (1365x973, 98K)

that's pretty silly, desu.

>everything works fine
>one thing broken
>some things don't work so good but they werk(tm)
>update unity to latest 2018 build from 5.6
>everything works fine
>shit works bretty gud across the board
>thing that was broken is fixed
>but now something else is broken
>no worries, I'll just open the script in monodevelop and-
>fucking nothing compiles
>missing references to the engine itself
>huh
>turns out they intentionally broke comparability in the interest of C# 6.0 support on MacOS
>for debugging features they have yet to implement
Guess 2017.3.1f1 is the last unity version then!

Attached: 1486667801239.jpg (750x728, 270K)

I want to FUCK rotatedev

Bots are people too.
Anyway now that I got the animations I'm working on 3Difying the non-navigation UI elements. Can't think of a good border for the windows here though...

Attached: inventoryredux.png (1539x865, 797K)

>modes chose the thread with this thing in the op
/agdg/ is dead

What would be best way to create a panel jumping transition like in Comix Zone ut in 3d ?

Attached: Comix-Zone-main.jpg (834x584, 626K)

Is Godot worth it yet? How is the C# support? Is the documentation and tutorial scene anywhere near as good as Unity yet?

For an artist who's weakness is programming, is Unity still a better option to start making a game with?

Attached: 1502107055168.png (724x810, 61K)

reminds me of free games handed out in early 2005

They don't choose one, the first one stays regardless of how terrible it is.

i do this as much as possible already. i miss playing ttrpgs, i should get a group together.
howbout a sample?

>For an artist who's weakness is programming, is Unity still a better option to start making a game with?
That'd be unreal.

you were a minute late and they go by which one has the most posts (usually).
Unless one is a blatant shitpost thread, which means "did they fuck up the OP?"

You'd take that risk?

Hmm you know I was thinking of making it in the future. Maybe someone can be murdered in a lab or something somewhere, and via the magic of technology your police supercomputer has made a simulation of the night based on available evidence that you can explore.

ok

Attached: UnderspaceStormlightning.webm (1536x732, 1.92M)

Isn't Unreal not so great for light 3D indie games and horrible for 2D games? Also while nodes seem easy to grasp, I heard the memory management was really poor unless you write the C++ code yourself.

>howbout a sample?
give me a random baseline to go from.

Where's Clarentdev?

Where's Letodev?

Where's that one guy that was making an RPGmaker H-game?

Arrested by the generic 2D pixel game police

>Where's Letodev?
long gone lad, she rage quit like a year ago from the bullying.

What's your endgame?

Attached: questionlizard.jpg (1139x932, 188K)

The worst thing thats out here just having some F U N.

>wanting to watch other dudes play your game
no thanks

How can she be so cute?

Attached: tumblr_o65ourJ3MW1vnei3po1_1280.jpg (720x1280, 192K)

C# in Godot is still alpha stage and not very good. But if you're an artist who's weakness is programming you should be using GDScript anyways. That's why I started using Godot and I'm now at least able to program enough to make the games I want to make.

that's the best comeback you can think of?

@208254671
guys wearing makeup isn't cute

the only better comeback than that one would be no comeback at all

>she

Rather than building the game first and adding gameplay later, I'm going to make gameplay first

how do i do that

Sup guys, longtime lurker here. I was wondering how much is too much of rpg elements in a action oriented game?

Attached: 1520399727351-a.gif (165x135, 24K)

*an
Fuck me sideways

Reminder that in most cases, you should be sculpting and retopologizing your characters, not box/mesh modeling them.

Wellp this was a complete fail. Some would say I wasted 8 hours, I'll say it was an extended learning experience.

Attached: EnvironementPaintOver.png (808x454, 283K)

a game where you fight english pig men for an independent ireland

> how much is too much of rpg elements in a action oriented game?
there really isn't a limit, desu. A lot of people long for the old days of RPGs

if your games good, a niche audience will be more faithful than your average /v/irgin buying it because FOTM. If you want an autistic amount of elements, go for it.

valley of the boombox king

You're gonna make it very slowly

Anyone? Any other resources I should know of?

If I swing and it looks like I hit something the only RNG of how much damage I did is between a low end and a high end. Don't say I fucking missed when it litterally went through him. Otherwise everything is fair game.

How does one get good monster designs?

Attached: lucaurus__spirit_fakemon_by_smiley_fakemon-d8jzd36.png (2500x1520, 482K)

>knockoff 2hu game without music, waifus or autistic lore
wew

That's a good start, check also the SDL2 wiki while you're learning with the tutorials wiki.libsdl.org/APIByCategory
If you need help with something more specific I could help.

[screeching morrowind fans]

also headshots should be instantly fatal if the caliber is above a .22 at 200 yards if guns are involved. This includes damage against the player.

Attached: 1495930714042.png (400x509, 132K)

don't give up!

Attached: don't give up.png (598x1021, 402K)

>Some would say I wasted 8 hours
only nodevs would say that. You have to practice to get better. And I think that's a fine practice.

I just want to prototype one stage to get really started with C++ and applying the stuff I've learned so far.
Thanks! I'll be sure to check that out. No problems yet but thanks for offering help.

Become an indie dev and get hired on to a big soulless game company for a few years before going indie again.

Craft an experiance that makes people happy enough to pay me a dollar for it.

What is the easiest kind of 3D game to make?

Fuck off with your tranny shit

----[ Recap ]----
Game: Cash Sample
Dev: SlowDancer
Tools: RPG Maker MV, Photofiltre, Cubase 8, Internet, Water
Web: lemmyrodul.com
Progress:
- Poor progress past week, re-evaluated design
- Game not really fun
+ Working on Furniture Hack Minigame
- Recap guy are u ded?

Attached: Cash Sample Recap.png (416x234, 21K)

>being a transphobe in 2018

>current year argument in 2018

>obsessing over shitposting drama queens
Fuck off with your nodev shit.
Stop feeding the troll.

>tfw a goddess believes in u

is this the face of /agdg/?

Attached: Capture.png (697x170, 100K)

>drama
Why do morons like you always assume drama?

How do I find out what part of my code is causing Unity to crash when nothing comes up in the debugger?

I know it's because I fucked up the coroutine, but how do I know which part it is?

I don't think any game dev is failed unless the game they released is consistently badly reviewed.

Which one do you drink while gamedevving?

Attached: Soylent-bottles-close.jpg (2260x1547, 807K)

don't worry user, i got torn apart by art devs here a few days ago, but now my environments are looking way better. you'll come out of this stronger

Attached: 1510076617766.jpg (580x507, 149K)

>Buying artificial food
>$3 for 400 calories
You get more for less with a McDonald's Dollar Menu item.

>spend 2 minutes doing a drawing
>shows it to agdg
>huh duh you suck, you're a garbage artist
???

do every piece of art I make needs to be a finished piece?

Attached: WAIFU.png (1250x875, 595K)

What do we think of the /v/ gamedev threads?

You are purposefully replying to and perpetuating shitposting in hopes of it creating drama and a shitstorm of nodev posts. There is literally no other reason to reply to it.

But how about this, you don't reply to me or any other shitposting and instead you make some progress and post that instead.

I prefer the original. It keeps my toxic masculinity and anger at a minimum while making my lactation taste sweeter :)

>we

/v/ gamedev threads have some nice games. /agdg/ gamedev threads also have some nice games. I enjoy seeing progress no matter where it's from.

if you're bad it doesn't matter if it's finished or not.

>MFW making UIs in Unity

It's so easy compared to what I use to use before.

It's still shit but takes a fraction of the time and effort!

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (2560x1920, 808K)

I just don't like it when you make something that looks good and then the UI canvas is some strange size and rotation that you can't see in game.

If I make a sprite animated gif in photoshop. Do I have to redo completely anew in GMS 2?

Attached: spr_priestgirl.gif (128x128, 4K)

>spend 2 minutes doing a drawing
You made a few primitive shapes to rough out the shape of what you're drawing? How is that worthy of showing anyone? Hell even if you were a professional artist who has spent 20 years studying and practicing art it wouldn't be worth showing that to anyone. If you want to show sketches then sketch out 10 or more 2 minute thumbnail sketches of the same subject and ask us to pick the best one or something like that.

>spend 3 weeks on art
>show agdg
>its shit
;_;

The last engine I used had basically no inbuilt features for UIs other than being able to place an image on the screen.
I think of the 6 months I spent working on the last project I made with it, over a month was on UIs.

nectar makes your lactation taste better to be quite honest my famalamadingdong

what a handsome bunner!
are you making a game bunbun?
a game about leafs?

GMS2 can import GIFs

No but it has bunnies in it!

Attached: 1513831335938.jpg (800x800, 117K)

you're small time, the person you're responding to spent 3 years on art

I was talking about this.

Attached: pacifica.png (320x704, 191K)

Not a professional designer but I'm an artist, so have my cents:
>clear vision of what you're looking for / what it needs to be (what impression am I trying to elicit from the viewer, what role does this creature serve in my game, etc)
>good visual design (appealing and appropriate color scheme, consistent visual elements [eg. don't put round cute eyes on something otherwise sharp and mean unless it's for a specific purpose, like how Toriel's sharp horns remind you that she's a monster and not just a kind mother], fits with greater aesthetic of world)
>inspired (eg. not just "generic goblin" but it's an entry-level enemy so it should look smaller and weaker relative to the rest, maybe some specific idea like they're tricky imps who like to steal candles because they like light and they use fire- or radiant-based attacks or the player can lure them with movable light sources if those exist in the game)
That fakemon likely wasn't going into a game so the artist may not have considered its gameplay purpose (like how early mons look cuter, simpler, and more like wild animals, or how legendaries need to look powerful or mystical), but they still had vision. Overall the impression I get from this guy is that it's sharp and fast - even not considering the blades on its forelegs, everything about its shape is lean and pointed. Its pointy snout and relatively large ribcage are reminiscent respectively of a wolf and cheetah, two cursorial predators. Its dark, angled eyes look mean and wary, not friendly. Judging by its name it's related to Lucario, so it shares visual information with it such as the color palette. Complementary colors (blue & yellow here) almost always make for a strong palette by the way, and the light blue with black provides value contrast as well. White could make it look too pastel & gentle for its theme, but it would have worked with dark blue.

TL;DR Think about what you're doing & why you're doing it, and analyze designs you find appealing

Do you have cute characters in your game?

Attached: 1518566141.tacklebox_sammich_2.jpg (800x1260, 833K)

I will play it

It wont be playable for a really long time though!

Attached: lion bun.jpg (584x583, 69K)

best get working then, bundev

well yeah, that's shit

You did not make that in 2 minutes. Spend time learning and practicing.

objective truth: the more realistic detail you put into your furry art, the shittier and less cute it becomes

I did drew that like in five, seven minutes though.