/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Arc Build Edition

Last time on /bbg/:

>New players read this then finish the game without spoilers:
i.imgur.com/1OynzXF.png

>NEWS:
-Dec 26-29/2017: Unused bosses & test areas are now safe chalices that anyone can use - i.imgur.com/3nibNFD.png
-Jan 11/2018: Dark Souls 1 Remaster announced releasing May 25
-Mar 6: Bloodborne is free to claim to PS+ members for the month

>Links:
-/bbg/ Resource Guide: docs.google.com/document/d/1TlAjZSvmE979gbayTvpioT72n5A7_bUjMNCLuOatJTQ
-Wiki: bloodborne-wiki.com/
-Build planner: mugenmonkey.com/bloodborne
-AR calculations: pastebin.com/zGphv4fF

>Chalices:
-How to unlock FRCs for spelunks, fight clubs & gem farming: i.imgur.com/0AwN4Lo.jpg
-Gem farming chalices: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1q9enxffA3dyKGu6IVg-P4IVgmKSUYSP9UOOiThHmPIU
-Lost/uncanny weapons, runes, and gems: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1syKnSKflHbFiGY4pXkfIeXoMa2Lp9X1aXyme2qaTen4
-How to summon/invade in a chalice: pastebin.com/mjRU01XK
-Edited chalices: i.imgur.com/3nibNFD.png (Unused bosses, test areas, early runes/weapons)

>PVE - Spelunking (Every Friday 6pmET/11pmUTC plus anytime someone wants to host):
-Spelunks happen, join em, host em
-Set the chalice to Open and region to Worldwide
-Leave bell-ringing women alone for invaders

>PVP - Fight club (Every Saturday 6pmET/11pmUTC plus impromptus whenever):
-Rules: i.imgur.com/ihd176b.jpg
-Pthumeru: 7hjhf43b
-Loran: jjpkdcgd
-Isz: 9v8qndas
-Hintertombs: 5x3agiwe
-2v2 arena: i.imgur.com/71WOC0I.pn

>FAQ:
Q: Where do I get/put the best gems? A: bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/10/best-blood-gems-setups.html
Q: How do I setup arcane builds? A: i.imgur.com/73dnuUm.jpg
Q: How to access the DLC? A: i.imgur.com/XaRuxgF.png
Q: Did I miss a quest? A: i.imgur.com/Uzg8XI6.png
Q: Is this game active for coop and pvp? A: Yes

Attached: CALL IT IN.png (775x323, 186K)

1st for the undead giant jump attack

Always liked that fashion, even though, personally, I'd use regular Hunter's Gloves over the Old Hunter variant.

Thread RUINED

Can you savescum covenant donations to climb the leaderboard?

New player here; is the DLC worth it?

Someone come give me a hand at the fuckin' Amaladia boss fight or whatever that 12 legged fuck is called pls.

Attached: 1518029878464.jpg (380x501, 48K)

Ackshaully
>Needs followup R2 to deal damage to backstabbed foe
You could just visceral after backstab but you'd get way more damage if you connect the beam with the followup R2
>Boring trick animations, very situational
The L1 into tricked is great for trading and keeps the opponent stunlocked lock enough to get an R1 into them as well.
>L2 only useful cheesing PvE
True but if you unlock it can potentially one-shot opponents. Surprisingly good for roll-catching
>Needs 21 END with 2 anti-clocks
Wat you saying? You can use it just fine with base END and one clock if you don't R1 spam like a retard
>needs guidance to have decent rally
The rally is decent enough to get away with trades
>No lore-friendly garb
Ludwig IIRC correctly wore the Executioner garb

PURGE FILTH

Attached: Alfred.gif (540x540, 1.96M)

What was his "honorable revenge," anyway? Seems like a huge commitment to take a huge journey to put down one single beast.
At least he had a nice hat.

Attached: 1511471229018.jpg (1200x1600, 238K)

Yes. It's the best dlc of any from game, arguably.

Absolutely yes

Attached: 1455059094721.jpg (1024x1307, 155K)

long enough*

Yes. Still on sale for aussies and euros too

you forgot: previous thread:

>Preboss and Prelayer GOW
>Ritual Blood (5) - 1
>Illusory Wall hiding a completely empty treasure room
>Ritual Blood (5) - 1
>Undead Giant boss pushed our shit in but we came back with a vengeance

why did they downgrade the weapon movesets and combat in DaS 3? I just can't go back to it
each weapon class has like 10 weapons but they all do the same thing, and all the fun moves are weapon arts so you don't have freedom to do what you want
and the combat feels so weightless
really hope shadows die twice feels more like bloodborne

Attached: sad.png (1280x1280, 59K)

For the honor of Cainhurst.

Attached: Cainhurst Castle Blonde Thumb.jpg (312x300, 26K)

I'm actually kinda flattered

man seeks revenge against evil/monster and becomes evil/monster after is an old trope

wouldcrushverminoncorpse/10

Attached: 1505944971895.jpg (545x520, 75K)

He didn't become evil, he just went a little insane. We got him out of it, though.

Jesus I just had the most cancerous invasion in Cathedral Ward
>host with Henriett summoned
>the host has beast claws, starts off spraying rosmarinus on me which does tick damage as henriett is getting btfo by cathedral giant
>after a few exchanges host starts running around the entire level but doesn't try to get to Amelia
>I close all the shortcuts and cut him off at the cathedral
>he spends the whole fight dodging backwards and gun spamming
>smash and pound him with Amygdalan arm once he got cocky and gestured me
And I just had a disconnect

Attached: God is displeasedi.jpg (687x814, 58K)

whom? Valter?

>tfw accidentally doing a visceral on Eileen during the Henryk fight

Now I'll feel bad when I'll see her bleeding out at the cathedral, because that is partly my fault

Yamamura. Valtr just ate a beast out of revenge, Yamamura got locked in a cell. He appeared to be making an escape hole in the wall with his head when he got the door for him.

Attached: 1497361185430.jpg (728x720, 126K)

They leave whether she died or not up to your imagination. Personally I feel like she walked away from that one.

That teleporter trap was great, lead us straight to 2 bastards of loran, then a mob of red spiders.
>prelayer GOW
>1 pearl slug
>ritual blood
>watchers didn't drop shit as usual

>be me
>Yahar'gul Hunter
>terrible job, no benefits
>freakish co-workers constantly dragging out strange, pointless weapons
>two guys unironically use the Rifle Spear, one dude has a Shield
>feel like the only one actually equipped for hunting
>get sucked into Hunter's Nightmare
>endmylife.message
>locked in cell all day with nothing to do
>most cellmates are dead
>annoying asshole at the end of the block keeps talking about beasts and curses
>grumpy old guy ringing a bell that doesn't even work
>listen to Ludwig's horse noises all day
>twins upstairs don't stop praying
>one day, Ludwig stops
>thefuck.BeckoningBell
>then the twins shut up, too good to be true
>someone opens Yamamura's cell, hear him scream
>guy is right outside my door
>hide in the shadows to surprise him
>he immediately tries to kill me
>I get stuck on the door
>last thing I see is him taking my Church Pick
>he's holding a Chikage, he probably can't even use it
>mfw

Attached: Picky.png (1024x576, 909K)

Haha, holy shit can you close the main gate too? Are there any other invadable areas where you can be a cheeky shortcut closer?

top zozzle

We have to rush to kill the Bell Maiden, otherwise the Spiders will swarm us, before we can ever reach her.

pretty good

>Get kirkhammer, decide to invade free players
>Get invaded instead
>Brief duel, manage to nearly kill him, then he runs off
>He tries to hide in the bonfire area on the first street
>Silencing blanks as soon as I've cleared out the mob

Cowards.

Attached: MEDIOCRE.gif (480x270, 2.77M)

audible kek

Attached: 570E7C33-77EB-41DC-AF51-456F2A141D10.jpg (566x562, 57K)

>4 bastards right outside of the lamp room
>more ritual blood
>preboss bonus room is a massive garden with 2 chime maidens, spiders get us
>GOW in coffin
>jumped by mad ones on the way back
>brainsucker guarding 3 sages hair
>no layer 4
That was a good dungeon. Really fun to explore, decent loot towards the end there. Thanks for joining.

Thanks for hosting!

>go through the chalice with you
>not even dropping my name

This is the reason why I hate spelunks. Thanks for hosting.. I guess.

Thanks for hosting, Thomas. Nice dungeon, but fuck Ebby and her tentacles.

>this level of desperation
t. obviously wasn't there.

>invaded by a guy with a riflespear
Fair play m8

Joe-lee, go back in the trailer.

Post the big titty one with the baby

You can't close the woods valet door iirc

Anyone feel like doing the daily run of Cainhurst with me? Pass bbg

it had to feel like a cousin to ds1 is why

sure, ringing

Attached: a mountain walked or stumbled.jpg (5126x6086, 2.99M)

someone please post arcane build guide, after a few years of casual offline bloodborning I feel like spitting it up online as a min maxer

never mind its in op

MAJESTIC

Attached: 1432382187668.jpg (1280x1024, 173K)

Are there enough weapons in a skill build for me to feel like I have choices?

Can I use skill weapons on a quality build or will it be shit?

I'm super anxious about selecting military veteran and thinking I'll want skill based build later.

Going STR/SKL gives you a lot of options. Go 25/25 and see what weapons you like, then pump the stat that scales the best with them.

There's more than enough Skl weapons available, and Mil Vet is ideal for starting. The high starting Str will help you hit the softcap for Str, without adding excess points into Blt and Arc. Violent Past is also an option, since you'll be getting the same end.
Quality doesn't exist, an even split between Str and Skl is useless. You might get benefits from something like the Stake Driver, but Heavy Abyssal gems make it better with Str.

Burial Blade
Beasthunter Saif
Rakuyo
Church pick
Saw Spear*
Blades of Mercy
Reiterpallasche
Untricked Bowblade
Threaded Cane
Rifle Spear

Are you still worried

Attached: 1518306096568.jpg (494x500, 133K)

Nope! I'm gonna start military Veteran and go forward from there with skill focus after hp and stamina I think.

Awesome, thanks! I'm used to Dark souls so.

good to know. I'll probably go military vet and then go from there and keep in mind not to go over 25 in both and only one i'll take higher.

You guys playing with the lowbies or sticking to your BL98s?

Attached: 1520698251942.jpg (722x349, 63K)

Finding a lot of screaming whelps in Old Yharnam.

Attached: 1432193054237.jpg (1920x1080, 262K)

After farming 20 dregs, I'm switching back to the main.

Lowbies. Just had my first cathedral ward invasion in ages. Put down 3 LHB boyos with the holy moonlight sword, was glorious.

>98

Attached: 1516575711824.png (1104x1080, 527K)

No not invest in stamina at all, especiay if you like light weapons. Trust me, this is not dark souls. There are runes to equip which increase stamina, you will never need anything more. In fact it is such a non-issue that the most popular weapon upgrade set-ups incorporate upgrades that increase the stamina penalty of the weapon and nobody even cares.

BL80 best invasion range

Oh really? I don't need points in stamina? That's good. I started with the cane and military veteran. the whip sword form seems super weak though.

Cane is incredibly slow to start but becomes fantastic when it gets upgraded and you pump your skill. In the meantime, you chose hard mode. Good luck mate.

I forgot what the easiest way of refilling your supplies is. Apparently going back to the Dream and then out again doesn't do it.

You need retrieve from the storage of you have them, buy if not. I always buy shit cause it's faster than using storage.

Well that sucks, I thought there was some automatic way to do it, like rolling off a cliff does for your vials/bullets.

Depends on the item. Other items won't restock, but blood vials and bullets restock automatically from storage when you return to the Hunter's dream (Your health also refills completely for free, which doesn't happen when leaving the Hunter's dream.) If those are not restocking, you ran out.

Why do people build for ludwig's holy blade when the holy moonlight sword exists?

LHB trashes on HMLS.

>Why do people build for a weapon that can be used by two different playstyles (B/B str/skl or A arcane) instead of one specific build (str/arc and needs too much stamina?)

L0L

Attached: 1520888478810.jpg (960x758, 146K)

It's a goddamn beast in every mode of the game, that's why.

>stamina as an issue
Implying HMLS doesn't work on a str build

>Want to make a new character
>Don't want to delete any of my old characters

Attached: 1454111257809.png (511x362, 153K)

If I'm building for strength, there are better options out there.

>he doesn't know about the untricked R2

Unfortunately, Miyazaki didn't think of that.

Attached: 1520825091447.jpg (2518x1024, 659K)

Shitters need crutches

It's not useful enough to justify the build though. Too specific of a build, I like to have options.

>50/25 strength build w/ 15 arc is too specific, can't use any other weapons with it
>50/ARC w/converted weapons on hand is too specific, can't use any other weapons with it! Hunter tools aren't options in either case!

??????????????????????????

Whatever, nerd.

Attached: 1519329998245.png (390x261, 29K)

If I'm going for strength, building for LWB means I can also build for Whirlgig, Hunter's Axe, etc (all weapons I use at different points for different purposes) thus I am not locked onto a single weapon.) Likewise, If I'm building for arcane, I have my choice of 3 elements to convert to.

If I go for a specific str/arc to use MLGS, I do have other options, but they're somewhat limited. Tonitrus and Boom hammer can put out good damage, but aren't as fun or versatile. Wheel can work well, but unless you spent upwards of 10 hours hunting for the autistically perfect gems to slot it with, it has a tendency to lean one way or the other with regards to damage.

Addendum: building LWD solely for arcane means I cam fit pretty much any weapon with decent arcane scaling in as a second option; saif, saw spear, etc.

>Boom Hammer
>not fun
Look at this thing. How is this not fun?

Attached: Boom Hammer.png (249x250, 75K)

I didn't say it wasn't ANY fun, but it feels sluggish compared to other weapons. Although I must admit, cheesing brainsuckers from behind walls with fully charged tricked attacks is hilarious.

Would have been better if it only lost it's fire on a full charge attack or jump attack

remind me again why people vehemently deny this is the best weapon in the game, because they're so painfully wrong.

Attached: Whirligig_Saw_B.jpg (1920x1080, 448K)

Better yet, would have been better if it was two handed when tricked, and L2 untricked in a 360 spin to spread flames out around you at twice the attack range. That would have been perfect for anti-ganking.

I almost feel bad about one shotting these low level invaders.

...no...that's a lie. Fuck em'

Why do hackers even do pvp?

Because they find it fun to kill 2 people with one ludwig's shoot.

All what's the damage difference between Ludwig's and Blunderbuss at 50 tinge but without blt gems? I have a regen Blunderbuss but won't ludwig's do better damage on rare occasion I shoot it because of higher base?

They probably got sick of the "muh 98" posts and just snapped.

Anyone want to bully Logarius and Maria with me?

Pass: bbg

anyone want to help me run through some chalice dungeons? pass: tacos

Booting up