Starting Out Low

To the cryptonerds who started out with sub-500$ investments, what was your initial planning and how are your portfolios doing?

I see someone talking about how they started by putting 25-150 bucks a week into BTC, ETH, and LTC and I was wondering where that has lead them.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I4swjhVFFes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I started with £100 in january.

Now i have about £1500 in bitcoin and £1000 in ETH, £4000 in etheroll tokens, £2000 worth of zrcoin, and 600 qtum which isnt released yet.

My target is £100,000 by the end of the year.

I started with 400 in ETH when it was 15 dollars. Got out at 50 and put it into other coins from there

invest in high risk - high reward. i was early in pivx with $600 and sold when it hit 1.90 so got out $9000 from that which i have x3 ($27000) now with xby if i sell now, but i plan on holding for a month or so. I go all in and it seems to work for now.

I value my crypto portfolio at around £20,000 including unreleased coins.

I will be reinvesting that £20,000 in 2 halves by second quarter 2017 and hope to make 5x all together.

I already made and lost a crypto fortune last year so i am clawing my way back using lessons learned

How did you compound money that quickly?

mind casting some sage advice to those just getting in?

I was in pivx super early and only held for a day, if i had held longer i would have already hit my £100,000 target. I think i had over 20,000pivx

Story about that loss last year?

what exchange?

I am super early on pumps and coins being shilled. In fact i am sometimes the first person to point out their undervaluedness. Im also the first person to mention ethereum on Veeky Forums from the ico.

For example good trades ive made recently are pivx, bitbay, ark, waves and even bitbean. I also benefited from the eth runup from $13 to $100.

Im also investing in a lot of ico's

Any of them

Made a ton of money from ETH last year as well as potcoin and FLDC.

Then i spunked it all on fancy meals and albanian home delivery cocain and then the final hurrah was a week long high stakes satoshidice session where i lost £24,000 in a day. Then i sold all the rest of my crypto to pay for christmas expenses so i ended up with about £130 worth of eth on a forgotten wallet of mining profits from a mining contract i forgot I had taken out

Sell hollywood the rights to your story in 5 years.

How are you finding and picking your trades - what do you look for in a coin?

How hard will XBY dump

>i am sometimes the first person to point out their undervaluedness

How do you know if a coin is undervalued? I there any math involved?

Look at the tech, white paper and volume.

Hint here's a big time sleeper that'll set the gold standard for wallets.

>pic related

>low volume is a result almost 60% of people staking their wallets, which lowers inflation and increases value of each coin.

Is the consensus on low cost inputs to slowly build into safer coin until it's worth selling, than funneling the profits into a promising altcoin alongside expanding the portfolio?

What is the point of having your largest diversification in BTC, ETH, and/or LTC?

started with 380

sitting at 410

started 4-5 days ago still learning.

Main gains came from the LTC pump, and now the XRP pump...

Making gains on STEEM now too

No only basic maths.

What i usually look for is some sort of logical coherance in their business plan, i figure if it makes sense to me it will make sense to others and since I think I can keep up with current events in crypto quite a lot better than 95% of a market which consists of people who's second language is english, if one of the coins appeals to me in that way i buy it as soon as i can knowing that others will buy it for the same reasons i did when the information disperses to people of a lower intellectual ability.

My sources of information are various reddits, bitcointalk, here, facebook groups and occasionally other people i meet in the fintech industry or coin meetups.

No idea im not interested in xby because it seems to not be doing any real world networking and no one can articulate its value proposition to me.

Why dont you try and make me fall in love with xby?

I put $27 into ETH, rode it to $101, then I took out some to diversify, and I now have 0.58 ETH, 1.17 ETC, 99.85 GNT, 10 STRAT. I don't yet have enough money to get into BTC at a meaningful level, and I hate LTC. Shitty reputation "Lol it's the silver to BTC gold!" Let's see that work for you when ETH replaces BTC, also whales own most of it.

Pretty nice for $27 starting, but I also made a few boneheaded mistakes along the way. Education ain't free.

you think this thing has potential?

I usually try and go for coins with dev teams that are based in america or western europe unless they are exceptional and the people behind them have a proven track record.

Physical community building is a massive plus, developer conferences, meetups, networking.

Genuine use of the power of blockchain either in distubuted governance or some form of massive cost saving over the conventional options. Friendly to ethereum.

Although i am not averse to a good old shitcoin pump and dump

Do you have a twitter handle I can follow?

Hey, if you go on IRC for /g/ as alusion. You turned me on to ETH! Thanks! If you're not, disregard.

Thanks for the reply, that sounds like a full time job. Please tell me more about the basic math you do.
Is it something like this youtube.com/watch?v=I4swjhVFFes (calculating the inflation rate) or something completely different?

Which reddits/fbook groups, if you don't mind me asking?

how much do you think it will increase in value?

No i think twitter is gay

Popular crypto subs, just read every thread and all the comments, read, read, read. Thats all i do every spare monent. Its all im interested in doing. It doesnt bore me.

Started with about 500 bucks a couple weeks ago, was lucky and got ETH at $44 and XRP at 5 cents. Some LTC at $22 as well.

It's worth about $1200 now. Would've been great to have put more in, but I had done very little research and am moderately risk-averse. I'm not sure whether to put in more at the moment, or how much.

I'm just holding, not trading.

Definitely
Well its DIONs platform is going to be released either late May or early June. I bought in at around 32 cents two months ago. Right now its been holding steady at 50-60 cents. Only major dip was the polo delisting which was retarded.

The possible bull run will probably push it to a dollar or more.

If you just gonna hodl I recommend waves, Ltc & Gamecredits.
All of them now well established and attempting to break into the mainstream.

>ctrl + f posw
>0 results
kek

Shoo pajeet

>got into Bitcoin early at 66 dollars and bought 100
>sold at 86
>bought litecoin early, but been a bagholder for years

Only 22k in crypto now, I dont know if I should be happy or not.

began 2016 with $500, sitting at about $31,000 currently

>My target is £100,000 by the end of the year
keep dreaming pal. You started at the beginning of an enormous bubble that's about to burst at any moment. You got lucky with those gains. You can protect your gains somewhat now by selling and diversifying but don't expect this exponential increase to continue to infinity.

Bumpin for IOC

started with 375, currently at 2.8k
got on ripple when ti was real low and put most of it in there, also got on ltc when it was lower and sold at around $35.

Recently got onto XBY and dumped most my gains into it. gold decision as its mooning like crazy and doesnt show signs of stopping.

Hoping to reach 3k by tomorrow morning.

Bought BTC at 1$ March 2011

Went afk till late last year

Come back, sell my 841 BTC

Feelsgoodman

Alright pal

Sir long time 4channer.

Can you please point me in the right direction.

If I have around $500 australian dollars to invest. Where to begin? Should I just put them all in bitcoins?

I have have an account on coinspot. Is that the way to go?

> tfw i'm as skilled as op but no investments

Bait.

God bless user

I just trade between BTC and shitcoins daily and while I miss out on some gains, I end up making a profit every time. I started out with about $400 and now I have $1500. I look at what is about to be pumped and get on it early and leave before the dump. You have to really check often though, but that's not hard for me because I'm a fucking NEET and have no job anyway.