/hbg/ Hacking and Homebrew General

Don't update to 5.0 edition
Previous thread -SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.6 via magnethax or system transfer)
Switch: 3.0.0 (4.1.0 "eventually")
Wii U: 5.5.2
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.55
PS3: 3.55 (4.82 for 25xx models (minver 3.56) and below)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
↳CFW + b9s: hax.b4k.co/3ds/guide
Wii U: pastebin.com/DhfG6z7F
Switch: switch.hacks.guide/
Vita: pastebin.com/6DjeR08L
PS3: pastebin.com/6rH9Fc2E

-RECENT NEWS-
>Switch
[Feb ??] SciresM is working on a custom firmware for Switch called Atmosphere: github.com/SciresM/Atmosphere-NX
[Feb 18] nx-hbmenu released. Homebrew Launcher for 3.0.0. It's happening. Instructions: switchbrew.github.io/nx-hbl/
[Feb 17] "fusée gelée", a PoC coldboot exploit has been teased and is said to be unpatchable. twitter.com/ktemkin/status/964780654142484481
Firmware update 5.0 released by Nintendo.

>Vita
[Feb 24] TheFlow has an exploit chain for 3.67, waiting until the end of the year before releasing. twitter.com/theflow0/status/965261365496696832
[Mar 11] TheFlow released the exploit for 3.65, but requires 3.60.
github.com/TheOfficialFloW/update365

>PS4
[Feb 28] "Holy Grail" PS4HEN released, allows unsigned packages and more. wololo.net/2018/02/28/ps4-4-55-holy-grail-ps4hen-released-enables-pkg-support-homebrew-backups/
[Feb 28] 4.55 kexploit released. wololo.net/2018/02/28/ps4-4-55-jailbreak-specterdev-releases-full-implementation-payloads-pending/
[Feb 27] 5.05 webkit exploit released. wololo.net/2018/02/27/ps4-exploit-5-05-webkit-exploit-released-4-55-functional-jailbreak-probably-matter-days/

>PS3
[Mar 3] The PS3Xploit team is working on a userland exploit for Super Slims and certain Slim models which does not support homebrew but offers PS1/2/P emulation and save back ups. psx-place.com/threads/ps3xploit-3-0-preview-new-features-for-superslim-all-non-cfw-comp-ps3-models.16525/

Attached: 1511917168734.jpg (312x524, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!ghhBlSKA!FfB0v__ZJk0h7SXJtV00HWwBwW1e12HA2MYSPNyHBkc
switchbrew.org/index.php?title=5.0.0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Address_space_layout_randomization
switch.hacks.guide/blocking-updates
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>be on 3.65e
>put vita to sleep
>pull out memory card
>it bricks
based

mega.nz/#!ghhBlSKA!FfB0v__ZJk0h7SXJtV00HWwBwW1e12HA2MYSPNyHBkc

pkgi.txt that includes 3.65 games

Don't let this idiot anywhere NEAR your consoles /hbg/, she bricked my shit and she'll brick your shit too.

how do i add games to NPS?

ABSOLUTELY BASED.

First

Attached: __shikinami_asuka_langley_and_souryuu_asuka_langley_evangelion_3_0_you_can_not_redo_neon_genesis_eva (990x1479, 137K)

5.05 FUCKING WHEN

I'm wanting to use magnet hax for the 3ds but where do I get the specific magnet, and how do you avoid bricking it? Also can you download eshop stuff still?

>put vita to sleep
>pull out memory card
Why would you ever do that?

Dumb sissy anime boy.

What games do you want to add?

Never, at least from Qwertyoruiopz
He said he would not release the kexploit for at least 2 years because of fear of sony going after him

>Vita news is still in the wrong order by dates

someone get that nude mod working for neptunia on the vita

Is 5.0 safe to update to or did they patch some shit?

japanese version of danganronpa another episode

patched pretty much everything making it really hard now shouldnt update if you want pretty much anything in the future

Ok, I just wanted to be sure because I didn't see anything thing to "improve user experience" what have the hackers of the switch have to say about the update then?

how do I add that database to nps? I need skylight freerange

>1300 games in nps
>all of them are shit
how can this be

>Someone selling on ebay
>High shipping fee
>Offer pickup
>Charges $5 for pickup
why

I left some months ago and came back for 3.65 and now I see Switch and PS4 are the new hotness here. Are the 3DS and WiiU scenes dead? (as in done everything that could be done like with the Wii)

I warned you about the Vita, user.

basically you can pirate any game now, so yeah.

Reminder that sissy anigay boi enso 3.65 shit show was worth waiting for.

Attached: alex tri rave med.gif (640x360, 3.08M)

>download 4GB of shit with pkg_j
>refresh live area
>itsfuckingnothing.png
Why is this so inconsistent? I just had it working.

Hey binding of isaac is good

>tfw want to play Splatoon but can't update Switch

Attached: 1438469149423.png (375x360, 43K)

dude, IT IS the NPS database. i just converted the syntax in access to fit pkgi's needs.

pretty much, bootrom exploits on 3ds was the highest and we've had that for awhile now wii u got alot in a short time one of the last major things was GC on gamepad and that happened as well

This is why NPS is a meme and forever will.

>doesn't have a second one to play online and new games while he waits

We will get there eventually user

Keep pulling through!

Attached: DYCzqnKU8AAtQfr.jpg (1440x1506, 315K)

Wii U fag here, is it worth the extra work to get Haxchi instead of just using the browser exploit?
Also why the fuck would you CBHC?

Reminder waiting for 3.65 was not worth the wait.

Why would you not cold boot?

if youre on .1 youre fine with just the browser if thats what you want

Haxchi is nice, just have to boot it up when the wii u turns on then you can play any game. Doesn't take much to set it up, I would not suggest having it auto boot as it can brick the system if you do anything wrong.

What else was I gonna do but wait? Get nothing for free?

Attached: youtu.be-NsFna-Z1MjU.jpg (1280x720, 62K)

Why would I buy another one now when a new Switch revision is inevitable?

Stay fresh, user.

Attached: 1441316390608.jpg (300x322, 68K)

I'm scared i'll brick my wii U. I'm not an idiot with hacking and whatnot but I am mega poor cause of my shit job. It seems like such little of a payoff for what you are risking just to save 1 A press.

Can you not do the gesture unless you buy this amiibo?

The revision is pretty much going to be a security only one so why not get another before that so once you do have a hacked one you can resell the other once it gets hacks as well
but also I dont own a second one so dont listen to me

stay fresh

Attached: tumblr_inline_o3npkzAQRW1r3610m_400.png (300x263, 136K)

it would be possible but they couldn't be bothered especially not on an international scale the userbase is too small for anyone to bother

Just got home and saw this and wadd'ya know? My bf updated the system so he could play some online Mario Kart. There will be a 5.0 exploit r-right?

Attached: 1520906810158.png (1214x612, 110K)

I know you can already pirate any Wii U game but do you think there will ever be CFW to make it as seamless as well...any console with a CFW?

Break up with him. Think of all the money he just cost you.

switchbrew.org/index.php?title=5.0.0
>The Memory layout was changed significantly
>Kernel Address Space Layout Randomization was added.
>OSS/WebKit was updated.
Looks like latefags are fucked.

Attached: 1492884960552.png (716x685, 710K)

>KASLR added
If Nintendo actually learned from the 3DS and implemented it properly, you're fucked.

Attached: 1453320377614.jpg (500x375, 42K)

I hope not
the way they said it made it seem like its unlimited uses somehow so who knows
Hopefully its more like unlock from the start with it or naturally in game
It's scary but its pretty simple if you just follow the guide. I was shaking pretty much as well. It's more convenient and I think there are some other bonuses but I'm not sure.
You dont want to save 1/2 A press?

Attached: chrome_2018-03-12_23-39-37.png (89x86, 12K)

>not wanting to enhance your user experience

But it's so hard finding another gay male around these parts that I live. I only met him because we worked together.

>tfw now spooked and staying on 4.1.0
h-hopefully some sort of emunand comes out by July when Octopath comes out

HEADING TO GET ONE ASAP
Just tell him you need to switch things up a little

Attached: 7da.jpg (248x248, 80K)

>Gay people have the excuse that it's hard to find other gay people
>I as a straight man have no excuse other than my low self esteem
Hang on to him, treat him right

wait what, no way right?

He sounds like a dumbass. Why is there no update blocking DNS server anyway?

looks like NPS doesn't have the music videos for P4D either

>KASLR
What is it?

DO NOT update
4.1.0 will take longer
5.0 will take much much longer

Attached: EVENTUALLY.png (291x241, 136K)

Something will come this year probably, people are still working on Wii U slowly.

just dont do that
im sure there arent any more retarded things that can cause your vita to shit itself permanently
enjoy the update

>it's going to be another vita scenario where I end up with a pile of sealed games I can't play for a year+

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Address_space_layout_randomization

Attached: ietfaY1.gif (400x320, 1.97M)

Oh, thanks :)

Aren't the Shita's cards infamous for dying easily?

>4.1.0 Switch
>4.73 PS4
Got both the past month, hopefully hax this year.

So this is truly the end of piracy?

Just the larger ones like 32gb and 64gbs I just had my 16 gb one corrupt.

they're also really fucking expensive

If you aren't going to play them right now dont buy them. The price will go down by the time you can/you can get them free later if you dont care about physical copies

>4.73

Switch hacks could be limited to first year consoles, Nintendo are fixing the hardware issues at factory.

So there's no way around it, you need the memory card to get into CFW? That just spells disaster.

No
It will just be a lot longer for 5.0+ most likely

It was on sale, couldn't find 4.55 without paying extra, also I can update via USB anytime if I need to be on 5.05.

But user, there is switch.hacks.guide/blocking-updates

I absolutely care about physical copies. But I guess I'll try and hold off. Nothing I'm after is relasing until late june at the earliest, 2019 at the latest.

So they're both dumbasses.

The price will basically always go down so its best to wait if not playing but I know it can be tempting

Good luck user

Attached: 6uejl3s9t7gz.jpg (500x601, 81K)

It's just in case there's some extra gimmick Nintendo adds.

Plus I can still do a run or two after work in Binding of Isaac in the meantime.

Withhold sex. If/when he starts giving you money in exchange for a handy, give in and take the dough. Continue this charade until you're able to purchase a Switch of your own, hopefully one that will have shipped with 3.0.0 firmware or lower.

It just feels bad because I just fucking bought the thing 2 weeks ago. At least I got the eshop titles downloaded already that I wanted. CFW for sub 5 may come sooner now that 4.1.0 isn't the active FW though so I guess there may be a silver lining.

they wouldn't add a new feature already with a small hardware revision

Yes Isaac is gOOd
Did you unlock the modded items yet?

I still have to pick mine up. Will try and get a few physical games I can play then set it aside a lot probably. I felt horrible after buying a wiiu then having nothing to do on it really but after it got hacks like a year later the regret was gone!

Attached: tumblr_oqqacwOgSw1vkvvx6o1_1280.png (500x505, 120K)

On the plus side if I have to get one on 4.1 at least I can get and play odyssey

Attached: tumblr_oyey09Ks831qzhjh2o1_raw.jpg (728x572, 90K)

>Download SRW V
>it's the chinese version

Attached: 3364screenshot4.png (176x168, 3K)

Yeah, and it has english subs. Idiot.

Yep. Odyssey is great. Plenty of good games out right now. Hopefully by the time heavy hitters release this year we'll have someway of running carts with higher FW requirements/emunand

no, it does not

Utawameme NEVER EVER.

Odyssey is great I guess, but it's too short, even going for all the moons. At least it's fun for speedrunning.

WHAT, NO

5.XX WHEN!!!!!!!!?

ps4nicators keep moving this is vita country

This desu ne. There's not even much of a reason for PS4 hacks (and you guys have had very active dev lately), most of the games are on PC as well. Vita on the otherhand is a mostly closed ecosystem with exclusives.

We're going to have to start specifying which 5.0 there's the switch and the ps4 firmware now..

>Not having a hacked Wii U to play splatoon 1 in the meantime

I know that no one will really know until it comes up, but what are the chances that Kirby Star Allies will run on 4.1.0?
I know I won't be able to get any patches or updates for it on outdated firmware, but with how new 5.0.0 is, I should still be able to run a physical copy of the game, right?
I really want to wait for hacks on the switch, but I was looking forward to Kirby for a while now

Attached: laughing emoji.png (812x499, 113K)