/2hug/ - Touhou General - #129

Best black hair 2hu edition
Previous thread >What is this game?
Touhou is a bullet hell series made by ZUN where cute girls have tea and snacks with other cute girls.

>I have questions!
pastebin.com/PMpRnhmb (Includes FAQ, netplay guide, 1cc charts and more)

>Where can I get the games?
moriyashrine.org/ (For separate game downloading)
nyaa.si/view/979648 (All in one pack)

>Touhou 16 and 15.5 on steam! Please support the official release.
en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Purchasing_Guide

>Introduction and tips for new players~
moriyashrine.org/intro-to-touhou/

>Download and apply Vpatch for reduced lag, MoF MarisaB glitch fix, extremely high FPS fix and Windowed screen adjustment (Search ‘vpatch tutorial’ on youtube if you have problems installing it)
en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Game_Tools_and_Modifications#Vsync_Patches

>Fangames pastebin (Contains a fixed version of FMW2 without the game-breaking bug)
pastebin.com/Jc2e0wLm

>/2hug/ Highscore Spreadsheet! (If you want to submit a score, use the term 'score' somewhere in your post)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bl1ZiZUqNdbP2OK_W7q6xG6A6FIG78LPfJQrouu6ol4/edit#gid=1978990074

Official black hair 2hu ranking:
Murasa > Okuu > Nue > Reimu > Kaguya > Aya

Attached: __murasa_minamitsu_touhou_drawn_by_binan_xian_lu__3d96becf0ac0ed64a0af1f485c221c10.png (531x756, 414K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/MbNzxpy
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Daily reminder moriyashrine.org is run by incompetent chucklefucks

Why is that?

Also 95% of 2hu fangames are hot garbage, purging a large amount of my collection feels so good.

Attached: Image.png (640x480, 528K)

Yeah they're staff is filled with furries and all that fun stuff, but they're fine for official games, it's just that for fangames that's when they have problems.

Use the pastebin for fangame links if they're not there, and if any user has fixed versions for fangames like what happened with Touhoumon and FMW, let me know and I'll add it there regardless if I played it (since exceptions can be made there for obvious reasons).

Where was this Youmuanon? I also only use Sakuya pictures that other people have personally given to me.

Sadly this is true, just like how 95% of anime is shit, 95% of fangames are just really shitty IG maker platformers shat out in a week. I remember thinking that there must be a ton of good 2hu fangames never dumped and lost in the void, but the truth is they were never dumped because they probably looked like absolute shit.

Attached: bouncy bouncy.gif (641x473, 1.05M)

Something something about their fangame download links didn't work. Honestly, I'm grateful that they provide download links for the main games. So bitching about them being incompetent fucks just because their fangame download links didn't work is retarded.

I can't tell if furries are the jews of the internet or if they're just way more common than I suspected.

This. Their music rips are complete shit too. There is no good way to find high quality flacs of every official Touhou ost, ZUN's cds, and extra tracks in a neat little package.

That stuff isn't in the tlmc?

>Where was this Youmuanon?

In the golden days of soku thread before one salty retarded chilean crashed the plane with no survivors.

Nah, only the "ZUN's Music Collection" CDs are. Plus, it's annoying to have to download such a large torrent.

Literally who even knows. Pic related, I got this fangame off of them, and it crashed on the final fucking boss, quite frustrating.

Well if such threads weren't destroyed, no one would've made /2hug/ since the only reasons this general was given the idea to be made was because the threads on /v/ were inhabitable.

Attached: Han Tamashii Takeshi Geichou_2017_12_28_21_13_45_016.png (800x600, 651K)

You should be able to select just the files you want to download.

>Well if such threads weren't destroyed, no one would've made /2hug/ since the only reasons this general was given the idea to be made was because the threads on /v/ were inhabitable.

I won't argue that this isn't true, but i'm still salty it all went down due to one retarded namefag. There were some cool people there.

Attached: Youmu 26.jpg (566x800, 382K)

was this part of the purge? wondering if it's worth a go. watched a youtube and... hm.
also not sure how i missed this despite playing the fuck out of pofv for years.

Anyone know how to setup the controls for Sky Arena? i swear every time i set it up i get completely new controls every time

That must suck, I bet those people were as cool as Youmu was.

Sure, there's this youtube video somewhere that has pictures of the config in english, try it there.

Oh, and off chance you do get the controls to your liking, can you write a guide on how to play the game?

Attached: koumajou2_2017_11_12_22_24_51_981.png (800x480, 404K)

well, there was the guy that gave me the youmu folder he had, and this one user that always played patchy against my youmu Fucking pain in the ass fireball spamming bitch

The thread in general was pretty chill until the namefaggotry got out of hand.

Attached: NOT AMUSED.jpg (1440x900, 918K)

Does anyone have the screenshot of the user that said we wouldn't make it to 130? If you do please make it the next thread OP pic.
Thanks

I've heard people say that IaMP is actually better than both Soku and SWR, care to elaborate on this?

>The thread in general was pretty chill until the namefaggotry got out of hand.
Pic related, I'm always interested in hearing about the demise and drama of other communities. It gives you a new perspective.

Inb4 some horrific accident happens and we actually don't make it to 130

Attached: Desire to know more intensifies.png (337x481, 204K)

No, you can do netplay with it apparently.

what a cute boy

Speaking of netplay, is pofvanon here?

no. internet 101: don't feed.
interesting. thanks, i'll check it out.

That's actually a boy (girl).

Honestly, i never played IaMP. I can't give a comparison.

Mechanically, it seems to work better because people hate the RNG related to weather patterns Despite the fact that you can just turn them off

Otherwise, its got a much smaller cast because it was made 2 games into windows era, which is why there's so much of the SDM crew in soku as well.

As for the threads downfall, it started with the thread giving one guy shit for being an annoying namefag, then proceeding to hate namefagging in general despite it being a netplay game that showed names, and eventually just self-destructed in sheer toxicity at the end. at some point, people didn't want to play and they stopped making threads. All the cool anons fucked off somewhere, and i wandered for a while, till i ended up here.

Gonna be honest, the details are spotty. This was like, 5 or so years ago, if not more.

Attached: [xPersona 4] Youmu & Sakuya.png (900x652, 356K)

>All the cool anons fucked off somewhere
discord.gg/MbNzxpy

The older RPG Maker games are still some of my favorites Touhou Mother 1&2, Touhou A Live i'll definitely keep those around.

The game is PoFV h5nc ver 0x073 -0.98 it is ubiquitous, should be easy to find.

>_______

Attached: __shiki_eiki_touhou_drawn_by_kousei_public_planet__d8d4621eaf86ecf360dc1b1d559c8777.png (804x1000, 395K)

You know are you sure we haven't met before? You seem a bit familiar.

And you should play IaMP! The campaign is pretty good there, lots of interesting and unique spellcards that are fun to try and work your way around them, but I'm biased since I have a very personal connection to that game.

And yeah shit sucks that it all it takes is one person to ruin an entire community, violence leads to violence, eye for an eye, etc.

By the way, thanks for that image, it's pretty cool, Sakuya and Youmu are a big choice for fangames, most likely thanks to thier weapons which are easier to program and worth it.

>Touhou A Live
That one I never heard of, I'll check that out soon. Thanks user.

Attached: 1392189342743.jpg (1868x2625, 992K)

If you played the original game it is based on, the story is pretty much the same. If you haven't played the original, I think you will enjoy it.

In all seriousness the threads died because of IRC and when discord came along all the IRCanons moved there. If you want to play soku it's probably the best place to go and a necessary evil. Veeky Forums is great for discussion but not as a netplay lobby.

Who is Oersted?

>You know are you sure we haven't met before? You seem a bit familiar.

Probably. I frequent here pretty often. I usually just start or continue arguments though. I have a bad habit of playing devils advocate.

So far as playing IaMP, i barely have time to play anything these days. Maybe eventually. And yeah, jackasses will be jackasses, and everyone else gets to suffer.

No problem on the image though. i figured you'd like that one. i'm sorta just scrolling through my folder and saw that and was like
>Well, he's a sakuyafag. He'll either love this or hate this. lets flip that coin

Attached: Youmu (Glasses 3).jpg (718x1200, 498K)

i wish i was her son

and by that i mean i wish i was dead

That one playable character we will never get again.

Now, I mean on 2hualive who is their version of him?

That's what I mean, it's Marisa's ghostly mommy

You forgot one thing user, unless the one netplay game you play is dead and there's literally only one person here who plays with you, then Veeky Forums is fine as a netplay lobby.
Huh, I should probably keep in touch with PoFV user outside of here should this general die.

I haven't actually, but I have to play some HSiFS Extra before I should play another fangame, shouldn't take too long to clear though.

Oh that's cool you've been around here, I just took you for a newfriend, don't know why. Shame to hear about your free time though, though I find doing hobbies with the least amount of free time is more fun than doing it with all the free time in the world, don't know why.

Well you guessed it right user, I saved it too for other purposes, really any good looking Sakuya pic is fine by me, and Youmu is like really cool so that helps a lot.

You're a pretty cool guy my friend, I hope we can talk again tomorrow. Goodnight 2hug, god bless.

Attached: 1513127578390.png (1700x2404, 1.4M)

>should this general die
As long as we don't make a discord it'll never die.

Yes my friend, as much fun it is playing the (good) fan games you really should have at least one extra acquired.

One more for the road, then. I'm probably gonna nap as well.

See you later, dood.

Attached: Youmu VS Sakuya 4.jpg (1200x800, 619K)

With all this talk of dying threads and the threat of the general just dying off, I decided to make a discord
Link: sakuya is overrated

Oh, actually. If i seem familiar, i was the guy helping you through disappearing of gensokyo.

Attached: (Cosplaying) Youmu & Tenshi.jpg (800x700, 459K)

They also had fucked up main game downloads at one point, along with random pictures of people included with them. Dunno how that happened.

Mate there's like 3 sakuyafags in this general and you're not going to piss them off like that.

It's ok, they'll never figure out who I am

Don't feel bad anonymous, even the best criminal eventually slips up.

Attached: 1492688913336.jpg (387x102, 16K)

you're the one to talk

Attached: rebuttal.png (499x217, 50K)

I'm undercover.

Yoshika’s hair is black, right?

Attached: __hijiri_byakuren_and_soga_no_tojiko_touhou__27a0fac3c0c78a9ca24e425f3659a467.jpg (805x1024, 138K)

Eh, more like a very dark blue color.

Nope. Blue.

Why

This general will have a long life. I’m sure of it. I can see this general reach 1000 threads. People come and go, but that doesn’t mean this general is dying. As long as we have the same old bakas every thread, we’re not gonna die.

Attached: 75DD780D-C869-47A9-94A9-68F28BA23AD4.png (1404x2000, 416K)

>breast envy joke
literally the most tired joke.

But I like it

no sane person would support gu

Attached: reimoogetthesxs.png (313x228, 52K)

I'm sorry user, what were you going to say, it sounds like you got cut off.

-n control but i dont want people to hate me

You're right, but please get the fuck off /2hug/ with that shit

Attached: 1517729783497.png (1000x1000, 378K)

Gu did nothing wrong. It’s either her people or the rest of Gensokyo die. No sane person would pick the latter. If anything, Gu is a nice girl because she took a gamble that may ultimately fuck Lunarians while the residents of Gensokyo remain safe.

A rare picture of Gu. Who is this mystery woman?

Attached: 1518876974453.png (416x512, 242K)

zun is eating my pos

Attached: Screenshot_20180306-000208.png (1920x1080, 998K)

This maybe a dumb question but ‘value’ on the right side of the screen correspond with the value of the score items when collected above POC line, right?

Attached: D9B28F83-DB54-44CB-BDB9-38F519527F84.png (1398x2000, 216K)

Meme general

Goodnight, /2hug/. Please don't die!

Goodnight, /2hug/. i hope to see you dead by morning!

Can ZUN do lewd?

He would never stoop that low user

He probably drew a dick in a table as a kid

Attached: 1519172306005.png (676x898, 745K)

Yes. The art would be awkward, and the sex banter bizarre. But he could do it.

I would support her with you know what

The amount of points you get when collecting an item is displayed next to your character. Pay close attention and you'll figure it out.

Can’t you just tell me instead of telling me how you can test whether or not your theory is true?

What kind of tv show do you think your favorite 2hu would watch?

She wouldn't watch tv

I'd tell you if I knew, but I never gave a shit about scoring outside of LLS and EoSD, and those don't have any 'value' indicator.
Your theory is probably right, though.

>He doesn't play for score

I would play for score if 2hu was on an actual arcade, sadly no more 2hu arcades in Mexico.

>He doesn't play for WR

Gengetsu really is something else, whatafack man. Her attacks are all incredibly easy until she just decides to rain hell down on your ass without any warning.

Attached: 180313_112302.png (640x400, 15K)

You should play for completion before you start playing for score. How's that 1cc chart going, user?

What's the point of filling that chart when only lunatic runs are respectable?

As it turns out, that spell was the hardest she has to offer. No special ending this time which is a bummer. Reimu in fetish cosplay is an acceptable replacement, though.

You won't get good enough for lunatic runs without practice, and filling your chart is great practice.

Attached: 180313_114855.png (640x400, 5K)

I already have lunatic 1CCs

Some of her attacks are quite literally Cirno-tier, it's almost embarassing. Both Reimus get the exact same ending, there's no variation there.

We all do, user.

Attached: 180313_120153.png (640x400, 6K)

>Reimu in fetish cosplay is an acceptable replacement, though.

Reimu is never a acceptable replacement for anything.

Perhaps having fun in spite of what others might think of you?

Honestly, if you can beat any game on Normal, you'd absolutely demolish Gengetsu without even trying.

>he wouldn't replace his pillow for Reimu
Murderers are cute.

Attached: 180313_121410.png (640x400, 6K)

Isn't that the whole point of the chart?

Not necessarily, if you can beat any game on Hard then you can definitely do a score run on any game on Normal. It’s a nice change of pace from the usual grind.

Attached: 6D249234-F213-40CF-A848-D633E7FA0AB3.png (44x104, 4K)

I hope Evil Eye Sigma turns out to be decently difficult, because Gengetsu was a huge disappointment. At least her stage theme is good.

If playing 2hu feels like a grind to you, you're doing something wrong.

Attached: 180313_123000.png (640x400, 6K)

To check your progress and bragging rights. I bet none of you assholes have a Hard SA 1cc like I do.

>I bet none of you assholes have a Hard SA 1cc like I do.
I have two, how about that. ReimuC is nothing impressive anyway.

>Murderers are cute.

Reimu is mostly only complicit in murder though. Expect for you know who.

Either way, i would not replace my pillow for Reimu. I doubt she would be comfortable to sleep on.