/mhg/ - Monster Hunter!

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.
kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.
sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Post or find a room ID. Squads are not searchable without one. 3DS use passcode 7243.
World, Preference: Small Monsters - Message: Zenny Farming - Private: No
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous Thread:

Attached: how grugblade works.png (2471x890, 3.13M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OFaxGZpbvxQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>tfw spend more time shitposting on /mhg/ than playing monster hunter
what do

I thought Grugblade was powered by sheer autism alone?

MHWorld, while looks quite nice and can be fun occasionally, is watered down and stale. There is no sense of accomplishment. Every quest plays the same and monsters die so quickly. Even when you hit the monster it doesn't feel heavy and satisfying, it's like hitting air. Online is a total joke and players are worse than ever. I have never seen this bad players in Monster Hunter and I always thought 4u was the culmination of bad players but oh boy was I wrong. MHWorld = 1/3 great, 2/3 water and air
It's like a water balloon which eventually will pop up and piss over everyone except for the stupid normie audience which unfortunately most of the players seem to be. They are the same idiots who watch stupid youtube streamers who dont have any idea what they are doing and this is the reason why the game is so "cool" because some asshat streams the game and people want to mimick the guy to be "cool".
I hate gaming, it's dead.

super deviants are easier.
Unless you're May

Vaals GS or Hammer?

>I hate gaming, it's dead.
And yet here you are whining about it and still playing it. Which makes you a basic bitch with no self-control.

hunter cards!!!

post them

Attached: hunter card.jpg_large.jpg (1920x1080, 351K)

It doesn't work like your electronics.

I miss the Alatreon Lance and Sharq Attack, bros.

Attached: AlatreonLance.png (972x872, 445K)

why does the shield part of the axe need to spin?

Attached: 1519689174060.png (290x310, 9K)

You'll get one of them soon, though.

God I love the Great Sword

Attached: Guild Card.jpg (2048x1152, 484K)

>finally get to tempered kirin
>remember all the things i heard about him
>go in nervous
>mfw i soloed him first try with zero carts by cheesing him with kinsect spam

Attached: qTdzQgS.png (460x460, 208K)

anyone got a room going that has that japan only event quest, heard an user was doing runs last thread.

Room session id 73a2B4eEvszK

>man of romance
>only 80 GL uses

you fucking sicken me

The joke weapons we lost, they won't stop hurting!

>soon

i want this background so bad

good on you for getting it, user

It's not about "why", it's about how you can weaponize that spinning.

Attached: Circle Sawcer.webm (854x480, 2.95M)

Attached: IMG_20180306_132815.jpg (1920x1080, 417K)

Your tastes a shit.

Attached: GS_emblem _.png (150x150, 8K)

I love HH more.

I had a harder time fighting Diablos Nero then I did any of the three elder dragons. What's up with that?

Also shout out to all the anons who gave awesome tips.

Attached: 1393295439317.gif (250x167, 339K)

Attached: MHW - H-he's fast 2.webm (1280x720, 2.99M)

Moofah huntresses

Attached: 53834215_p0.png (800x800, 393K)

FASTER

Attached: bloodborne 2.webm (1067x600, 2.39M)

Attached: DYJVeOyU8AAfSX_.jpg (1200x675, 163K)

It'll make you feel like dying
So yeah, there's that aspect of it

fite me
The bash is the absolute best addition to it

Attached: woogle.jpg (200x177, 15K)

I don't get why people complain about the part break rates in multiplayer in MHW.

I don't feel like the values are bloated at all. It just encourages players to actually be coordinated. I happened to be lucky enough to get a team of competent people to fight against Teostra, and because we all focused on the head, we were able to break the head long before we killed it.

I've had other times where the teammates had zero coordination, so we managed to break none of the parts. But so long as you are focused and organized, you can break parts just fine in multiplayer.

well i dont watch anime so that explains it

>Those stink speedlines
I lose my shit every time

God, Gen's and XX's particle effects are so fucking ugly.

I feel like this game's way more broken than the previous MH games, because that shit happens all the time in multiplayer. Could just be a weird latency or pathing issue.

HOLY SHIT

>finally get around to trying switch axe
>decide to make an elemental one
>make anjanath axe, element phial
>assume the blade would be on fire and create a flaming exploding discharge
>the blade glow bright green
>discharge is a green explosion
I mean wtf?

Attached: 1481521425443.jpg (411x412, 65K)

Just shut the fuck up.

I changed mine up a bit, although I might add the glasses back just for the guild card.

Attached: redesign.png (1920x1080, 2.67M)

>throwing knives required to craft poison, sleep and paralysis knives

HOW THE FUCK DO YOU ACTUALLY GET THROWING KNIVES IN THE FIRST PLACE?

Really need to take a pic of that screen

Attached: guild card.jpg (3840x2160, 810K)

pretty sure it's network lag from inbetween players and host.

I believe this game is P2P.

How the hell do you guys get your Unity so high?

I feel bad hunting the Elder Dragons, I wish there was a way to capture them instead of killing. One of them is a unicorn for Christ's sake.

Play with other people.

>Go back to play some 4U after playing 300 hours of World
>Do an Expedition
>My Great Sword feels extremely slow in comparison to what I'm now used to
>Everything to do with having to gather shit once at a time is absolutely cancerous
>Forgot just how fucking bad and how hard Rathalos's instant teleport shit was
Oh God, so this is what it feels like

by carrying each other constantly in mp

I do not feel bad for slaughtering Kirin and neither should anybody.

Teo's face is so huge and easily reachable that breaking it is effortless even in multiplayer. There's no coordination required for that. Vaal's head on other hand...

>solo

Tempered Kirin shouldn't exist in it's current form. I have no idea how you would change it, but it's not any fun to fight in a group.

Solo he's easy. As long as you don't get greedy and play defensively he's one of the easiest monsters in the game. Even with his one shot bullshit.

In a group he's bar none the most difficult monster in the game. It's so easy to be standing at the wrong place at the wrong time when he's randomly targeting people. Add to the fact everyone needs to practically have their cocks in each others assholes to hit the fucker's horn and he's just completely unfun to fight.

I have no idea how you could change him to not be an abortion of a multiplayer fight, but it's a miserable experience.

>piss poogie off almost a week ago and ignore it
>get fuckall for crowns and other drops for nearly a week
>get his affection to max and start getting stuff again
>do 2 hunts and got a gem every time
>large crown i need and 2 smalls i don't but just glad to see them again
N-No way... It can't be...

Attached: 1490001807007.jpg (700x400, 126K)

>because that shit happens all the time in multiplayer
Talk for yourself, third-worlder.

the elder dragons came to the new world to die, and you are killing them by engaging them in thrilling battle. You're helping them relive their youth and their best days, and they die happy knowing that lived a fulfilling life, and were bested by a worthy opponent.

You should try going back to the PSP games.

Playing my old Portable 3rd file felt like a fucking nightmare. I haven't even opened my Freedom Unite file yet, but I imagine it will probably feel worse.

The lack of a Radial Menu was just the worst. I never want to go back to holding L1 and pressing Square or Circle to cycle through items.

Attached: GuildCard1.jpg (3840x2160, 1.22M)

Hey guys, I have never played Monster Hunter before. Which one should I play? I have a gaming PC, Switch, 3DS, PSP, and Vita.

>BUT BUT BUT CASUALS

>I hate how GS play now, nerfing the 2 charge and sweep to make true charge the most damaging attack was stupid
>LS feels pretty nice to play now, the counter is fun to use but I hate how you have to jump when using helmbreak
>SnS is fine but I miss the oil system of XX
>DB didn't change THAT much, the new demon mode is kinda nice, but not getting off it when getting knocked down and have your stamina keep decreasing is annoying as fuck
>New stun threshold killed half of the fun of Hammer but powercharge and the moveset change it add was definitively a great addition
>HH is fine but I miss the double note system, new stun treshold also make getting a stun horrible
>Lance is the same as always, power guard is fun but the ""nerf"" of evade up made evade lancing more annoying to do, glad they got ride of the third poke introduced in Gen
>GL is very fine, hope they make shelling stronger later on, would have liked if they worked and improved on the heat system of XX
>I feel like SA kind of need some buff, especially in discharge and zero sum which are actually massive damage loss as they are now
>I hate how SAED don't eat up the shield buff anymore making SAED spam the most efficient way to play CB
>IG got nerfed to the ground, they tanked its MVs as if it was a WiiU, in real need of buff
>I'm not really sure what to think of the new Bow, it play completely differently than it used to be, kind of miss its "hit and run" playstyle
>Nerfing the damage of normal and pierce shot just because of the new special ammos on top of tanking the HBG's damage modifier was a bad idea
>Making all elemental ammo piercing and tanking their damage was fucking stupid, elemental cap is also stupid, status threshold increase kinda killed the "controlling" playstyle that was unique to LBG

Just my 2cents after 300 hours and minimum 40 use with every weapons on World.

Attached: 67342460_p0.png (828x1169, 1.49M)

>Elder Dragons are incomprehensible forces of nature capable of wrecking entire ecosystems and thus can't be captured
>Regular ol' Rajang eats Kirins for fun
Explain

FU feels like garbage after world. Doesn't help that I went straight to fighting green plesioth but it's still a clunky stiff experience full of pain
it still has my favorite version of hammer, though

Greatsword is only slow if you don't sheathe every after attack.

Attached: Grandpa.jpg (899x1019, 352K)

>Regular ol' Rajang eats Kirins for fun
>source: my ass

FU hbg and maybe gs are my favorite

not sure if I like punishing draw 4U gs more

>Greatsword is only slow if you don't sheathe every after attack.
Wait, is this how you're supposed to play GS?

why is it that when i'm in the training room i get the same damage with or without all my weakness exploit?

youtube.com/watch?v=OFaxGZpbvxQ

Thank you user. This helps.

I knew you're gonna post that and I'm gonna call you a retard for taking anything MHO said as canon.

Yep. If you sheathe every after charged draw, GS becomes smoother to handle.

Attached: grug style gs.webm (598x360, 2.74M)

spotted the worldbab

not for fun though

they eat kirins to increase their power, they mentioned it in F2/U I think

I heard they are born without electric powers so they prey on kirin. I wonder what would happen if they ate rathalos or some shit, fire rajang?

Listen friend. Bagel really tired of your shit. Bagel try to help and help and help and all you do is throw shit at Bagel! Bagel tired of your shit! You want hunt monsters? Bagel fuck your shit up! You blew it. Bagel no friend with you anymore!

Attached: IMG_2869.png (1464x1019, 2.01M)

NANI?!

Some fucking japs just took turns stunlocking me while I tried to carve a monster, fuck those assholes. How the hell do you stop them?

Attached: 1520518587384.png (319x367, 115K)

Bagel I appreciate you trying to help, but you show up and you get all excited and you start attacking me too, and as long as you do that I'm going to throw shit at you.

Oh, I'm playing XX and using Brave style. Should I still sheathe after each draw? And then once I enter Brave mode, spam for charged draws?

>>Forgot just how fucking bad and how hard Rathalos's instant teleport shit was
I'm sure G-rank in World will have the same homing talon bullshit.

>they mentioned it in F2/U
They tell you that in Frontier too

Frontier is canon though

>they eat kirins to increase their power, they mentioned it in F2/U I think
>I think
Source?

>MHO
As canon as Fatalis' lore powerlevels

Attached: smug_marysue.png (1084x957, 553K)

you must have done something

Rocksteady or going into rest mode

>Went for a vault attack against tempered teo
>Immediately charges supernova
>Stagger him out of it right as he went to roar
I'll never question elderseal again

Rajang in World when
Rajang vs Kirin turf war when

Anyone who play/played MHF can tell me what pic related do?
I saw some video of people using it and its introduction being a pretty big deal.
Is it like, some kind of SSJ mode for hunters?

Attached: 1426914234357.jpg (1280x1280, 428K)

Make a hunter/huntress with a Japanese name to blend in.

Sheathe right when a monster is about to attack you. That way you get to escape from the monster's reach.

What the fuck did you do?
I bet you constantly flashed a Kush inside a tornado

It's up to you, but sheathing should be done if you have quick sheathe because Brave slows down the base sheathing speed for the sake of the bracing feature.

Attached: Brave GS.webm (854x480, 2.95M)

Tobi a MILF

Attached: 1520918707814.jpg (1280x1181, 137K)

That's happened to me too, after doing nothing wrong. It was also in a room with three japs. I don't get it man.

I've personally never encountered this. You must have either been very unfortunate or you may have done something to really piss them off.

The only time I've ever actively stopped someone from carving was after fighting HR Kirin. There was this one faggot in full Nerg and using DB who just spent the last 5-6 minutes of a HR Kirin hunt just standing still while standing near a Shock Trap that he put up.

Of course, as soon as we killed Kirin, he immediately begins moving to carve, so I just launched him with my weapon each time he tried to do it.

>look up videos for endgame for XX
>everyone's using the mantis weapons for just about every weapon type
What a waste.

why is that though

are they that good?

I'm curious too
Does they have some gimmick like Steve's?

Why did the roar not trigger the brave sheath?

We were hunting rath and a.rath and I had to deal with some faggot db user stunlocking me when I'm trying to use my lance during the fight. When I went for the carve, the db guy and a long sword guy started hitting me, I only got 1 carve in.

Shit balancing.

What do you think happens when you just throw in a shit ton of monsters just because

I bet she has to use more mats than the average bear to make her armor

Attached: 1489529420456.jpg (1280x720, 59K)

is an ancient civilization technique discovered in the sky corridor, lore wise.

gameplay wise it increases your damage and elemental output, once you hit the monster with it enough you can activate it again to lunge at the monster with your carving knife, triggering an elemental burst on them that deals massive damage and has a secondary effect, like freezing the monster solid, knocking them out, etc.
you have to "research" it by collecting ancient civilization manuals to make it better.

pic related is a killscreen from the carving knife lunge.

Attached: 20180311101257_1.jpg (1280x720, 187K)