/indie/ - Indie and Misc. games general

Evil in our midst edition

Previous thread >What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as Hollow Knight, RUINER, Cuphead, A Hat in Time, Heat Signature, LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, OneShot, Age of Decadence, VA-11 HALL-A, Subnautica, FTL, Machinarium, DashBored, Darkwood, Card City Nights 2, Braid, Monolith, Rain World, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, West Of Loathing, Stardew Valley, etc. as well as other games that just don't fit in any other general such as Atelier, Rayman, Pillars Of Eternity, Rise Of Nations, and Valkyria Chronicles. Absorbed the /lite/ general some time ago and /jrpg/ is welcome.
Oh, and Rimworld too I guess.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie and obscure games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in Veeky Forums), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral

Attached: image.jpg (1522x1200, 395K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JW7HkW8866M
store.steampowered.com/app/557410/Dream_Quest/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Tiles showing through ManNiko's arm
wut

Tulpa are semi transparent.

Niko is bloody adorable and is the best boi

I had to look real hard to see that

Hylics 2... eventually.

Attached: 1509872870_GIFMaker.org_Y8wYis.webm (649x640, 339K)

Yeah, juuust like Expeditions

>boi
Not a chance.

Fucking nigger just going to sell it, right?

Attached: wut.png (947x525, 525K)

Good luck lol.

Yes but he'll dig for you, so, it works out.

Just try and stop me

the more I play it the more I dig it

flavor can take a game pretty far for me I guess

Attached: DVMq3wIU8AAA4c5.jpg (460x215, 24K)

I can blow them all somehow, right?

Attached: spel_1520938620449.png (965x513, 1.1M)

Huh. I don't actually know what's down there. I'd only bother if you had a shotgun though, clears them up nice and easily.

Unless there's something sweet hiding down there, which I severely doubt, it wouldn't be worth wasting bombs on to dick around.

There is a big fish down there, all I know.

What are some good metroidvania games?

Anyone playing Oxygen Not Included?
It's pretty fun, but turns into a cluster fuck incredibly fast. Started it some time ago and already abandoned a couple runs simply because I don't want to clean up the mess. I do get further every time, but some problems persist, especially food and carbon oxide. If lack of air is something I'm sure I can circumvent by playing more, food seems to be incredibly hard to come by. Farming is slow as fuck, food production takes a shitton of time and man power, which could always be used somewhere else. Just can't find the middle ground. Once made it to a very comfortable state, but then ran out of water and food soon after.
Also pipes seem to be acting up, liquids just stop moving, as if it's clogged.

ESA, Hollow Knight, Axiom Verge

play dead cells with me user!

I am work though

play xcom with me

hollow knight, rabi ribi

I have a big metroidvania poster but it's russian.

sorry I hate scifi

k den

Already played axiom verge
Also what is esa?

boy i sure hope ayatame doesn't backstab me at any point while he's being softspoken, refusing to explain his super powers over monsters, and being an albino dressed all in red

Attached: definitelynotavillain.png (638x479, 467K)

thats a boy?

my god is there r34? Ive been disappointed by indies before after seeing how little iconoclasts has

Environmental Station Alpha

Attached: image.jpg (616x353, 46K)

Looks good gonna check that out

Is iconoclast good?
Trailer looked pretty good

does anybody know where can i get spectromancer with all the dlcs? free as in freedom of course

it's a ps2 game from a decade ago and that dude's a secondary character, so odds on the whole point to unlikely
there is a surprising amount of stuff for the main two girls from each game in the series though

Attached: r4ft.png (1009x727, 918K)

The old one from 2ch or something new?

its a fine metroidvania, controls are good and sprites are cute

Post it

>flavor can take a game pretty far for me I guess
I feel the same way, especially when it comes to indie games. So many of them are cobbled together piles of mechanics with little to no thought put into presentation, and those tend to bore me very quickly.
And I know they have low budgets to consider, but you don't necessarily have to spend money to add a little personality and charm to a game.

Hold it, can't upload original to imgur.

Attached: 1489622868520.png (2958x3422, 3.34M)

>Waking Mars
Mediocre at best.

That should be enough, I hope.

Attached: 1508784453773.png (125x22, 780)

Welp turns out that price is $10 during release week. Not bad, wishlisted.

any have the source for that image?

Im going to repeat the question I asked at the end of the last thread: has anybody played Amid Evil yet? If so what are your thoughts on it so far?

Castle in the Darkness

If nobody answered, that means nobody played it yet.

youtube.com/watch?v=JW7HkW8866M
>chucklefish

>tfw the Starmancer devs chose Chucklefish to be their publisher

Attached: my soul.png (291x256, 100K)

That page doesn't exist

Attached: 1511220686803.png (1152x982, 1.11M)

Try this one.

Attached: 1505116827952.png (776x970, 1.02M)

Attached: pants.png (833x707, 155K)

That one works, thanks.

Don't lewd the child

Attached: __niko_oneshot_game_drawn_by_jin_ho_park__43bbbae699bd269dadd5bac34a4a0c0f.jpg (1240x1754, 1.71M)

so you're saying it's fine to lewd adult niko

Why do you need to corrupt this cute creature that thought of you as his friend that trusted you with his life

Attached: __niko_oneshot_game_drawn_by_born_to_die__26c7bb022fc0df3f7b58840d377d16fe.jpg (2285x2240, 2.21M)

Normal is so much harder on FTL. I played on easy a few times and could manage to get to and beat the Flagship, but damn, I can't even get to Sector 8 on Normal.

Less scrap sucks. You need RNG favor.

Actually I had some lucky by killing enemy crew. That increases your scrap reward.

I got bored of ftl very quickly

dunno if its the just the scifi that bores me or if it has to do with the gameplay

I've noticed the game is pretty RNG heavy.
How do you kill the crew reliably? I can sometimes get lucky if my lasers set stuff on fire and I have upgraded sensors to aim at them when they move, but sometimes they just die anyways.
Teleporter early is total luck though. I haven't gotten it yet.

what you lads think of my lovely daughter

Attached: indie2018.jpg (2542x1709, 879K)

Most teleporter. Depends on luck getting it through.

There's a laser that kill people, but power is so precious.

>adding stuff on an old version
reeeeeeeeeee

So far it doesn't seem like it's from DeviantArt. Looked through a bunch of niko tags and haven't see it yet. Gonna try another search before I rule out DA. Have a feeling my Niko folder is gonna get a decent bit bigger though.

Also here's the full image, apparently my phone didn't properly save it.

Attached: 1519476139945.jpg (1522x1200, 367K)

ah
ok thank you

EXPEDITION
SOON
SOON
SOON

>thought expedition meme is about new game in awesome Expeditions series
>it's actually about an expac to a disgusting nuCRPG

wew lad that was disappointing to find out.

There's nothing similar in english?

What are some decent rpgs on the shorter side?

Attached: 1458880205615.jpg (450x600, 152K)

i feel like i should do runs with characters other than the hunter but dog is the cutest item even if he doesn't dig enough shit up and i don't want to give him up

Define short.

30 seconds hero.
Can't find any shorter.

Like maybe under 30 hours.

Attached: 1461787665034.jpg (385x514, 24K)

>Half Minute Hero
>takes 4 hours to beat
ebin

Age of Decadence

store.steampowered.com/app/557410/Dream_Quest/
A game looking like this has no right to be this good and yet it makes Slay the Spire pretty shitty in comparison

Wow, that looks real bad.

Well, I'm at the point where I wanna make a base in Subnautica. Guess it's time to hoard titanium and figure out where I want it. I'm leaning towards the Koosh forest or maybe that place with the floating rocks over a huge abyss.

making a base is probably the comfiest part of the game

after you figure out where the lithium part of the map is the rest is all titanium and quartz hoarding

think the hardest things for me to get for the base were stalker teeth and silver

thermal power is the best tho

So it doesn't seem like it's from DA. On the bright side, I got a buncha new Niko images.

Attached: box_niko_by_scottcok-dc0i169.png (900x662, 709K)

same

Attached: one_shot_by_white_hawk_15-db9zke5.png (890x1100, 337K)

Verily!

Attached: monster_niko_by_ruthiecat-dby2zou.png (812x612, 309K)

CUTE

This melts my heart, is there more niko with pancakes ?

Attached: __niko_oneshot_game_drawn_by_wg__3a91a09124d8aba0cbcbe083778b4572.png (800x1034, 256K)

>thermal power is the best tho

Truth. Quick & constant supply of power, just slap a few of them down by a lava geyser or thermal vent and you're good.

plus it gives you some use for your gold after you accumulate a ton

after building all energy things I scrapped all of them and just build 3 thermals my first run

>tfw fell in love with the seamoth im looking at the closest thing to one irl
>shits the dream for that lotto ticket

ah rich people are so lucky

yep!

Attached: 67637607_p0.jpg (800x600, 102K)

Huray that moment when niko ate pancakes in caffeteria and he cried for his mom it was terribly sad and i wish we could talk with niko more in game

Attached: __alula_george_and_niko_oneshot_game_drawn_by_eten__1216f117fe74773ba75978bbf8fb5328.png (1480x1280, 99K)

Attached: oowrnagTP21w9pfhno1_1280.png (1280x1219, 928K)

I was happy with Solstice if only becasue it gave me more interactions with Niko

Attached: rain_by_scottcok-dbs7ft0.png (723x900, 1.11M)

>spoiler
I'd be more fun if we could say more to niko then ,,yes,, and ,,no,, answers i also wish there would be more interaction overall with the characters, is there an extension to the story of some sort or was solstice the only one ?

Attached: __niko_oneshot_game_drawn_by_houten_dre_a_mer__d973d213529162f52e9d31afd92ed556.png (1116x1116, 2.24M)

I don't know user, it always felt that Niko was very angry and disappointed that i brought him back to the simulation once again.
Ruining someone's day by my selfishness is nothing new.
I couldn't care less for the world, i just wanted to see Niko one last time.

Attached: 1517852200051.png (326x272, 33K)

I just wish we could do something after Solstice, because the world machine seems lonely.

Attached: 1518200835339.png (320x240, 25K)

I don't remember him being angry when you brought him back, i think he was more angry when people were dying in solstice ending route, and that he realized it's only a game with fake characters

How many times do we need to teach you this lesson, old man?

Attached: BvRspb8IEAAe6l9.jpg (600x337, 62K)

dont bully old man

>ManNiko
Ah yes, Niko, a common name for girls.

Attached: niko_broken.gif (640x922, 2.58M)

I stopped playing after I got a steam geyser. Took the problem of survival and made it a non-issue.

What happened to our rimworld general?
I really liked that place!