/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #773

''Carried away'' Edition

Previous Thread: >Life is Strange: Before the Storm - Farewell Launch Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=OBYMX2ZSdos

>Release Dates:
Episode 1 − ''Awake'' 31 August 2017 (Out Now)
Episode 2 − ''Brave New World'' 19 October 2017 (Out Now)
Episode 3 − ''Hell Is Empty'' 20 December 2017 (Out Now)
Bonus Episode: Farewell − 06 March 2018 (Out Now)

Life is Strange: Before the Storm features Chloe Price, a 16 year-old rebel who forms an unlikely friendship with Rachel Amber, a beautiful and popular girl destined for success. When Rachel’s world is turned upside down by a family secret, it takes their newfound alliance to give each other the strength to overcome their demons. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/554620
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive (UPDATED)

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0
youtube.com/watch?v=2aSC1kY30uI

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/15180144
strawpoll.me/15180164
strawpoll.me/15208350
strawpoll.me/15223253

Attached: 1443807366854.png (1280x1544, 987K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Attached: kate.png (425x516, 171K)

BAE > bay

BFFs, Pirates, Wonder Twins, Partners in Time & Crime & Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA

Attached: Pricefield.png (802x516, 315K)

Attached: 1506103777471.png (1920x1080, 1.02M)

KATE A SHIT

Cutest girl in Arcadia Bay.

Attached: nice.jpg (1920x1080, 161K)

Chloe is #1

Attached: chloe is 1.png (700x650, 189K)

Hannah Telle is doing an AMA right now on reddit and not livestreaming so you better enjoy hella reading

>"Shhhh Alice, keep it down or we'll get busted!"
*nibble nibble*

Attached: Alice leafjob.jpg (480x360, 31K)

Just checked on reddit and there're already 150 questions waiting for Hannah. Oh well, there goes my opportunity.

Attached: 1520892995906.jpg (785x960, 68K)

Always.

Attached: 1446873775770.png (900x895, 572K)

Attached: life_is_strange___max_and_victoria_by_samno95-dbrl8qb.jpg (1094x730, 112K)

MARRIED

Attached: happiness.webm (1280x720, 2.93M)

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it
>So, once again we got the fact that our ending always will be BAE>Bay

Attached: they are coming for you michel.jpg (1916x964, 536K)

Attached: soulmates.webm (480x540, 774K)

Before BtS Episode 3's release:
>Devs: ''Intense episode is waiting for us.Be ready for it;);) There is a reason why we chose Tempest as major theme and you will find out;)''
>Don't worry, Deck9 won't disappoint us. They are better than Dontnod
>I love you Zak. Thank god, finally a developer who understands us!! What did we do to deserve him guyssss
>CLOUD 9!!! TELL ME WHATCHU REALLY LIKE... BE READY FOR MULTIPLE KISSESSS!! CLOUD 9 WOHOOOO
>Sera is a witch. Ending is going to be awesome
>We will see how Damon got killed
>We will get our revenge from Skeevy guys too
>We will see Skip's concert too. Rachel and Chloe will go there yeeeyy
>All plot holes Dontnod left will all be answered.
>Beanie Queen Steph will get hug and also we will have advice scene ;);)
>They will not touch 3 years. They will keep their promises:) Unlimited happy endings are coming. 6 variations depending our choices with RACHEL HYPE CLOUD9

After BtS Episode 3's release:
>Deck9's worse than Dontnod
>Devs were bullshitting all along: Tempest? They forgot it. Poor Shakespeare is rolling in his grave right now
>Zak went full retard
>Nothing was cut:)
>Girls went full nun-mode and was giving each other cheek kiss and 0.1 sec cuddle scene in bed -even with cloud 9 intimacy
>Choices didn't matter
>Pedo Frank
>Frank pushes Damon out of screen. God knows how is he fucking dead
>Rachel spent almost the whole episode in that hospital bed
>Chloe was unconscious at the very intense moment
>Sera magically untied herself
>End choice didn't solve anything
>William went full Fast and Furious flashbacks.
>Even if Sera and Rachel reunite, Sera gtfos that town in one way or another
>They added credits scene out of nowhere - Rachel's ded - Chloe's still suffering. Technically, they were bullshitting about not touching 3 years either

Attached: HELL IS FULL.jpg (725x1024, 498K)

>There isn't a platonic friendship route

But one of the choices I've seen is literally to tell Rachel you are just friends.

As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

Attached: Alice x Lisa - Choice.jpg (375x500, 47K)

>But one of the choices from what I have seen is literally to tell Rachel you are just friends.
It's basically a false choice, their relationship progresses in the same way regardless of which you choose. I think the only real difference is that if you pick the "something more" option, in the next scene Rachel will thank Chloe for admitting there was something between the two.

I will buy a copy to spite you

Bts haters should be forced to buy the game and dontnod should be forced out of business

hnng

Attached: tumblr_npp66i449F1tq5i4bo1_500.png (500x707, 347K)

Always kiss the Price.

Why are you so hateful?

You aren't really spiting me with that though, you strangely obsessive person. I couldn't care less how well or bad either Dontnod or Deck9 are gonna do in the future as I don't see myself ever being interested in any of their future games.

Kek, I can see it.

Good luck, Ash!

Yeah, this is what I found. I really disliked the relationship and even though I love Chloe to death, I just couldn't get very far past episode 1.

The Pricefield Shuffle

>Why are you so hateful?
I believe being a fan of BtS makes people like that.
All evidences point to that conclusion.
We didn't have such a large quantity of people like that before that game came along.

>It's basically a false choice, their relationship progresses in the same way regardless of which you choose.

Well, that's stupid, but kinda to be expected from this series I guess.

This. But then again this new girl that "just finished" BtS is a hateful person in general and should go back to wherever she came from which is most likely Tumblr.

Wow, I'm reading Hannah's AMA and she's coming off as *really* thoughtful and eloquent.

I can't believe how strongly I relate to Hannah. I come off as so goofy and awkward in person and so much better in text.

I hate to say it, but you two are right. The three or four big BtS fans on /lisg/ seem pretty damn vitriolic and almost constantly confrontational.

Hannah on Max's IEP (tl;dr she doesn't know any more than we do)
>2. I was never made aware of any inside information about Max's Individualized Education Program but I do have some thoughts. I do think that Max is highly intelligent and overly self-aware. I find her extremely introverted nature at the start of the game to be a bit concerning. I think maybe Max struggles with some kind of issue where she is incapable of believing in herself or using her voice. I definitely can relate to that. I think her sudden onset of power interferes with this problem and ultimately solves it for her without the need for therapy or medication because it forces her to come out of her shell and speak up.

I think people who never played the original and their first experience with this series was BtS are fairly normal. I would probably like it too if that had been the case for me. But I just can't understand people who played through LiS first and still like BtS.

Max looks scared! Chloe better not drop her! (I know she never will)

FOREVER!

The Pricefield Shuffle is the BEST name for that. I used to call it the Maxpaddle, but knowing Chloe did it (first?) kid of changes that.

Hannah really has gained an understanding of Max. As we knew, her words in 2015 were before playing the game and her only knowledge was on the lines she voiced and what the directors told her.
I still think Max may need therapy (Let's face it, a lot of the character will) but her confidence issues and ability to speak up have definitely improved since she got the power. Going from someone who couldn't call her best friend, to someone who talked down another friend from the edge of death.

Attached: 12017_05_14_by_mokubagr-db96f7h.png.jpg (1191x670, 84K)

>I think that AmberPrice is a seemingly more well-matched relationship but would ultimately be too risk-seeking and destructive for both girls. I think that Pricefield is a better balance between Max's reserved caution and Chloe's brash recklessness. :)
Wow. I'm impressed she didn't shy away from that question.
Based opinion, beeteedubs.

>I hate to say it, but you two are right. The three or four big BtS fans on /lisg/ seem pretty damn vitriolic and almost constantly confrontational.

I mean, it's kinda understandable. Rachel canonically dies no matter what. That must be frustrating and depressing as hell to the people who ship her with Chloe. I know how fucking angry I was after ep 5 just for the fact that the Bay ending even existed, but I can't imagine how shit I would have felt if the Bay ending was the ONLY option you had. That's how it must feel like to be a fan of BTS. There is no happy ending for you, there isn't even a neutral ending, there's only one road leading to dead Rachel buried in a junkyard. Of course they are constantly angry and lashing out.

Ok lisg what question should we mass upvote so Hannah answers it?

Attached: 1497372795560.png (969x1038, 836K)

>The Pricefield Shuffle is the best name for that.
Some genius in the last thread came up with it. It's perfect.

Based Hannah does it again.

You're right. I'd be bitter too if my chosen ship were an unstable time bomb.

Something something beefaroni

And the question asked her to decide between Amberprice, Pricefield, *and* Amberpricefield. Lunatic poly shipper btfo.

>did you fuck Ashly?

We should gauge her on that post-bae, Pricefield in a Seattle band epilogue game she's talked about wanting to do before

Attached: hard work.gif (303x270, 706K)

>The funniest was definitely working on the pirate scenes! It was fun to play around with Ashly and come up with pirate voices!!
>play around with Ashly
Yes

Attached: s1kpw8jq7mk01.jpg (1080x1009, 164K)

I don't have the AMA thread up, are there any questions regarding Season 2? I know she can't answer any specifics, but some generic stuff like whether or not she is or isn't involved in it. I'm sure she could answer that, right?

I'd say that being sad and angry over something you know it's gonna happen is different than not knowing it.
But what you said is true.

>Yes!! I used to read Harry Potter fanfics and have read some Life is Strange ones, too! I think its awesome that people continue the story!
Hoo boy.

She's said a lot of times in streams and such that she hasn't heard anything, i.e. she isn't involved.

OH SHIT BRUH. I wonder which ones she's read.

FUCK oh no

ledditfags upvote this one:

So, I've read your thoughts of a game with Max and Chloe moving to Seattle and starting a band a little while ago. That would be hella awesome!
How big do you think the chances of a new Max and Chloe game are?
Also, who do you want as members of the band, besides Max and Chloe?

>have read some Life is Strange ones, too!
All wounds, right?

She did? I haven't been following anything regarding LiS for over a year and only got back into the general after Farewell. How come some people are still speculating about whether or not season 2 will have Chloe and Max in it if Hannah already confirmed it won't?

Wishful thinking, mostly.
Even though it's been said again and again, some don't want to give up hope.

I don't think a respectable artist like herself can even bear a page of that Coldsteel the Hedgeheg-tier autism

Yeah, here and there. I don't have any specific sources, but she's definitely said it.
People just want it that badly. I do too, but I've surrendered to the idea that we've seen the last of Max and Chloe (for now, at least).

That makes Farewell even more underwhelming. Such a wasted opportunity to not give these characters a proper send-off.

>It's a Hannah reads TH's masturbation chapter every night before bed episode

Attached: 1492455036667.png (540x540, 79K)

Doesn't All Wounds have weird crossovers with other video games (Undertale?) or tv shows or something? Hannah isn't a gamer, so I doubt any of that would make any sense to her.

D9 effectively took the fact choices didn't matter much in S1 and said fuck you and made them matter even less in BtS
I honestly can't remember any major choices in BtS except the last one

Totally agree, really anticlimactic. Since you haven't been here, I'll tell you about this too: we've had a leaker close to Deck Nine for the last half year giving us updates on what to expect in upcoming episodes, and he's said Deck Nine might be making some kind of post-S1 epilogue that has yet to to be announced. Take that with a huge grain of salt because this guy was wrong about roughly half of the things in Farewell.

200% erect
Also which chapter?

But that one user always apologizes when he's hateful so we forgive him!

ouroboros chapter 12 i think? Chloe fingers herself and feeds it to Max.

Hannah's exactly right about that. While also putting her point in a way that's entirely respectful to all the characters and players.

She gets cuter the more I learn about her. I wonder what fics she's read for LiS, probably some kind of band AU.

Yes, and it has non-nonsensical plot twists, constantly changing writing styles and quality, and pretty much every aspect and trope of bad fanfiction

=kek

That's chapter 19 and then chapter 31 is when they actually have their first time.

Because we want them in it but knew for a while that they weren't going to be so we meme

L E W D

lmao

>feeds it to Max.
Well I've never seen it described that way before

>he's said Deck Nine might be making some kind of post-S1 epilogue that has yet to to be announced.

Yeah, that sounds very unlikely, just for the fact alone that they probably don't have the authority to retcon either of the 2 endings. Also from a business standpoint, it would make no sense to not have announced it by now if it's just a small epilogue that is still part of the BtS game.

>Max would call her DnD character Maxonia Fielding
>not Noir Angel
Missed opportunity

I was looking through the most popular pricefield fics to see if I could find any smutty one Hannah could've read and there aren't many (if at all). The closest one to smut is An Ultraviolet Way but that one is really sweet and not really focused on the sexual intercourse.
I guess that's what I like the most about pricefield, it isn't fetishized lesbianism.

Attached: tumblr_p5g81u5xGN1vfobibo1_1280.jpg (1280x905, 320K)

Noir Angel was a pretty subtle thing that never came up in spoken dialogue. I bet Hannah isn't aware of it.

>Yeah, that sounds very unlikely, just for the fact alone that they probably don't have the authority to retcon either of the 2 endings
Square Enix owns every right to the franchise now. If SE says "fuck Bae and/or Bay ending, make a new Max and Chloe game", then DONTNOD can only silently rage at them for it

=kek

Attached: Screenshot_20180313-112146.png (1080x648, 92K)

>they probably don't have the authority to retcon either of the 2 endings
I never understood how this is an issue, Telltale's TWD did this by funneling FIVE endings into one path (which was done pretty lazily), but if it was a bite-sized epilogue, couldn't they just split it between a post-bay scenario and a post-bae scenario? I would kill for even 10 minutes of Max and Chloe doing nothing but comforting each other in their apartment in Seattle, and bayfags could get off on Max crying on the floor for an hour.

kek, sounds good to me.

But those are two very different scenarios that would have to come together for the rest of the story
The ending of TWD 2 was easily dismissed in the next game by off-screen events

Yeah, I'm not holding my breath on a Pricefield epilogue or sequel. Not when they clearly don't want to bypass or replace the existing canon. Or when Chris and like half the other people at Deck Nine are pro-Bay. That means if the did try to make one then they would probably try to say everyone died in the storm and I'd rather not see that kind of thing 'confirmed'. S1 ended with kind of being written into a corner and I say it's best leave it be rather than risk hurting it even more.

It's a nice name for a DnD character. Noir Angel is Max's online name.

An Ultraviolet Way does get hella lewd but it's entirely believable and means a lot to them. Pricefield is above all, supportive and sweet. Be it in public, in dark moments, in the bedroom. There's so much more to Pricefield than sex, though a lot of people (myself included) believe their relationship would hit that point eventually. It's all a part of love.

kute kate

Attached: 1495490516882.png (400x588, 122K)

>Take that with a huge grain of salt because this guy was wrong about roughly half of the things in Farewell.
Did anyone go back and compare his "leaks" to the final game? Because IIRC the only elements of Farewell that anyone I've seen have said he got "right" were things that were obvious ahead of time (eg. "he said they'd use Black Flies over the ending").

It wouldn't surprise me at all if it was all just a troll. The leakanon was really salty about the changes Deck Nine made to Episode 3, and he got a bit too defensive in discussions about comparisons between the leaks and released episode. The fact that he doesn't seem to have commented at all post-Farewell (unless I've missed it?) might suggest foul play.

The mini-epilogue thing always seemed like a stretch, I'd say that's doubly true now. Triply true, given that we're being told that news about Season 2 will be upcoming in the next few months.

I think in some early interview with D9, they had plans for a post S1 game but after a meeting with the Square Enix folks they came into an agreement that neither ending should be canonized.

He totally missed the beat on Farewell

Would it be that hard? Set the game a couple of years ahead in a new adventure. If you picked bae, you get a montage of Max and Chloe's life during the gap between games, and if you picked bay, get a montage of Max getting more and more depressed before she can't take it anymore and changes her decision by whipping out the butterfly photo (maybe giving herself some hastily written warnings in her notebook), and lands herself years into the new timeline. Of course what you chose would have adverse effects on how Max acts in the new game.

It isn't ideal, but TWD didn't give a shit about player choice and fans still ate it up because they wanted a new game, so why should DeckNine/Dontnod?

But Max in both scenarios would be VERY different.

I don't understand this attitude. Why would making a post-Season 1 sequel necessarily "canonise" one ending over the other? There's no reason why they couldn't make a sequel that follows from the Bae ending, while leaving the Bay ending totally alone (or vice versa).

The only way you could properly mess it up is if you did one of those weird "sequel has Max rewind back into the week of Season 1 to finally 'correct' things", but even that's questionable as to whether either of the original endings suddenly become non-canon.

At the end of the day, it's Square Enix. I doubt they care particularly about the sanctity of either ending.

kek. What a troll.

Attached: leak1.jpg (1188x486, 510K)

That's the best lewd chapter

Yes and?

Kek, literally everything on that list is incorrect (except probably the "Chloe and Max know each other since they were very little", but even then the oldest photo is from, what, 2002?) Even the good guesses were wrong.

So yeah, shenanigans were played. This should fairly definitively remove any suggestions of existence of any "mini epilogue".

Attached: Life is Strange Before the Storm Screenshot 2018.03.05 - 11.27.09.46.png (1920x1080, 2.78M)

I still think there will be a sequel eventually with max and Chloe. Too much money to be made to just leave it be. I mean look at BtS, clearly SE has no qualms about not maintaining "artistic integrity".

There'll be a Max and Chloe costume pack dlc for the FFXVII Switch VR edition in 2020

Seriously, that picture is so sweet it gave me fucking diabetes.

>"Leaks" promose Bongo
>No Bongo
I got the rope, someone find a strong tree.

This t b h
I never read the leaks, but reading them now I don't know how all of that could've fit into a short bonus episode. It would've been longer than a regular one in BtS

In 2001 they would have been 6 and 7. But, if they're already dressing in matching Halloween costumes they had to have known each other for at least a little while before this.

Yeah, I agree.

The thing is, regardless of all the drama these last few months, Before the Storm still did well. It reviewed pretty well in general, it seems to have sold fine (though it's not clear what Square Enix's expectations were on this front, and there are a few bits and pieces which muddy the water a bit when comparing the sales to Season 1). The message from the fanbase is pretty clearly that they want more. And following Farewell, I think it's even more obvious again that the fanbase especially wants more Max and Chloe.

Deck Nine have already stated that they're interested in doing more Life is Strange content. But even if we take them out of the picture, Square Enix has already shown that they're happy to hand the franchise off to external developers ... even relatively new developers.

I think it's still true that Season 2 will play somewhat of a role in all this. If it does well, great. Plus, that'd mean there are two sets of characters/locations/etc to potentially make use of in followup games. But if Season 2 does poorly ... well, the Arcadia Bay characters are a safe fallback. Assuming there isn't already another Life is Strange secretly under development, the initial response to Season 2 might help direct Square Enix's plans for the franchise.

That's what I assumed. They probably became friends around preschool (4-6, depending on your area)

Attached: MY Max.png (1920x1080, 3.01M)

Attached: MY Chloe.png (2560x1440, 1.57M)

Man, Hannah is sure taking her time with her answers. I mean it in a good way, since they're all really detailed.
Such a cool gal.

Attached: 1519612112687.jpg (400x500, 98K)

>I also think that Max's low self-esteem contributed to her not reaching out to Chloe while she was away. I think she felt like she wouldn't be able to say anything helpful and would just make Chloe feel worse - which isn't true, but if you have a problem with believing in yourself then oftentimes you become reclusive and silent because you feel like you have nothing worthwhile to offer anyone.
Hannah is /ourVA/ now and forever

Absolutely based

All of her answers are so thoughtful and in-depth. Man I love her.