/smtg/ - 真・女神転生/Shin Megami Tensei General

Games
>Shin Megami Tensei V - Switch, TBA
youtube.com/watch?v=YLSrGiiy95U
>Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux - 3DS, Out in Japan, Western release May 15th
youtube.com/watch?v=kJ-5x5IaYFA
>Dx2 Shin Megami Tensei: Liberation - Mobile, Out in Japan, Western release TBA
youtube.com/watch?v=2V6mJStJH1U
>Persona 3 Dancing Moon Night and Persona 5 Dancing Star Night - PS4, Vita, Japanese release May 24th, Western - TBA
youtube.com/watch?v=BJhp0wVxzpk
>Catherine Full Body - PS4, Vita, Japanese release - Winter 2018, Western - TBA
youtube.com/watch?v=OejarinH0xo
>Project Re:Fantasy - TBA
youtube.com/watch?v=reYl4RUpF_M

>Starter Guide
i.imgur.com/PRKpcPh.png

>Tips and Tricks
pastebin.com/1V9AUMNb

>Art books, Soundtracks, Manuals, and other Media
pastebin.com/f55EcBb6

>Fan Translations, Patches, Games, etc.
pastebin.com/WAcnMB5J

>Scripts, Sounds, and other Resources
pastebin.com/aCsjkMd5

>Booru
smtg.booru.org/

>Recommended Reading
pastebin.com/ByiXrDGX

Previous thread:

Attached: 7448975_p0.jpg (560x800, 215K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thedailybeast.com/stephen-hawking-dead-at-76
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Law is the correct path.

Attached: lawfriends_unite.png (1000x1000, 586K)

they are connected

Attached: 1520340031997.png (588x838, 520K)

And the most radical one too!

Attached: 1516122873642.jpg (2338x1700, 956K)

White = Right

Attached: 35b9c9dae899e2bac602fc2d106b5ba4593a71db.jpg (1188x1600, 345K)

White power!

I just came back from work and what the fuck just happened.

who compared Evangelishit to SMT and why are people throwing out facts for fanfiction.

Amen to that, brother.
Neutral ain't got nothing on the White.

Attached: 7f1.png (680x383, 210K)

I did

You can go back to your workplace

you're retarded just like chaosfags.

Attached: 1514932661009.jpg (1024x708, 112K)

That's fine with me, you are even more narrow than fedora tipping chaosfags

Because i don't compare an anime with little explanation to a game that explains things perfectly?

A franchise based entirely around mythology and religion, is being explained? This is the wrong game for you

Evangelion's overrated. It's alright but people over analyze it way too much.

So what is considered a "MegaTen" game? Is persona considered part of the overall franchise or is it it's own completely separate franchise? What about games like DDS or the raidou games? Are they all just considered "spin-off" series or something?

Attached: hee ho your shit.jpg (900x900, 113K)

Son, the game explains to you how the world, mutiverse works in SMTN, that there is a multiverse SMT2 and How god and demons are made in SMTA and every games. its not hiding anything. did you even play any of the games?

>doing work in Demon Summoning Program Fundamentals class (Advanced PHP)
>autismo in the front is complaining about having to work with AJAX
>non stop bitching
>prof jokes, asks if there's anything positive that the class DOES like, to change the mood of the room
>people are blurting out stuff like tiddies and sushi and Chipotle
>I say "I like Chex Quest"
>girl behind me murmurs "I like RPG"
>turn around
>solid 10/10 in a sweater, baseball cap, long brown hair, short shorts on top of leggings
>debate whether I should talk to her
>panic and continue my work
Do you think she posts in this general? I think you're really cute

Attached: 1501888534154.png (235x288, 67K)

that's pretty much what last thread was in a nutshell. it was a guy overanalyzing things and throwing out in games explanations for his own fantasies

"MegaTen" is an umbrella term for all of the games. Imagine a game of marbles with each marble being a universe's series and the ring surrounding it being MegaTen. It's more of a general term for all of the games and some weebs will get angry at you if you say "what's your favorite shin megami tensei series" because SMT is its own series within the Megami Tensei franchise. Does that make sense?

Good thing you are outing yourselfs as complete witless personalities

>some weebs will get angry at you if you say "what's your favorite shin megami tensei series" because SMT is its own series within the Megami Tensei franchise.
So basically some of the fans are just being completely autistic?
>"MegaTen" is an umbrella term for all of the games.
This is what I always thought was the case, but people kept getting their panties in a twist.

It does not come to your mind that if an information says X = Y, for you X never possibly could mean Z aswell? Just because the game does not explicitly say so?

She probably likes stuff like Dragon Age and Mass Effect. Just ignore her, women aren't necessary.

Attached: 1517877744264.jpg (512x640, 157K)

The reason some weebs will get angry at you is because in Japan, there is a special little symbol before "Megami Tensei" which is the "Shin" part of SMT. "Shin" means true and the title is translated as "True Goddess Metempsychosis" with the goddess in question being Izanami. The whole confusion in the West about what an SMT game is was caused by Atlus wanting to market megaten to the West, but were afraid that they wouldn't sell unless there was a recognizable branding to them. So they slapped "Shin Megami Tensei" on everything for a while to make it easier, but it only made it more confusing. But otherwise, you get the difference. Now you too can be an elitist!

thats only if it's implied, but its the opposite. Its heavily implied the multiverse is real with Aradia who is from the Shadow Vortex a world which has failed to force the beginning of a Conception.

Attached: Aradia.jpg (568x1660, 164K)

>theoryfreak on /smtg/ can't comprehend that others don't like what they like
sad

It's the other way around really

I want to snuggle with Dormarth!

it really isn't user

show me the way then

What's elitist about getting a name right?
You had people shunning Persona because others were telling them it "wasn't a REAL shin megoomi tensai" but neglecting to mention both series are Megaten.

>Amane sympathizes with our plan and suggests we work together on Naoya's route
Now I'm really curious to see her route.

Attached: desu10.jpg (786x1008, 213K)

My personal opinion:

SMT game (a.k.a. mainline game) = Any game whose Japanese release includes the phrase "Shin Megami Tensei". Examples include SMT 1, 2, Nocturne, Strange Journey, NINE, etc.

Megami Tensei game = Any game whose Japanese release includes the phrase "Megami Tensei". This includes Megami Tensei 1 and 2, Megami Tensei (Telenet) and Giten Megami Tensei. All SMT games are in this category.

MegaTen game = Umbrella term to refer to any Megami Tensei game or its spinoffs or related games. Examples include Megami Ibunroku Persona, Megami Ibunroku Devil Survivor, Majin Tensei, Last Bible, DDS and Soul Hackers. It is debatable if Catherine, TMS and Maken X belong to this category.

Attached: yumiko-nakajima-telenet.jpg (480x360, 28K)

Look, I just think the Shadow Vortex and the whole Amala thing is there to make the lifes of the devs easier. Because it makes psychologically, mythologically and symbolically no sense compared to absolute everything else in the game that does make sense

My personal opinion (probably hated):

DDS = Megami Tensei

SMT games are just to seperate a little from the novels "universe"

Persona and Devil Summoner was intended to play a role in the SHIN "universe" but due to popularity it became forcefully a seperate franchise with seperate... everything

>in Nocturne Chronicles Raidou's version of "E & I" is called "Boogie Woogie"
Is this a refrence to something? I feel like I'm missing something here.

Attached: 1515022600085.jpg (723x757, 71K)

It's because Raidou is a Cool Cat

but you do understand if you go with that way of thinking then you would have to say that Megami Tensei II is also this because its the first one to start it and if 2 and noc is wrong then so is IV and IVA for also doing it as well .

This is my point entierly. If the multiverse would not exist, I-II-III-SJ-IV and IV:A would be easily connected, and it make symbolical sense too.

but it does exist and therefore my point is why deny its existence just because you find it more convenient to your ideas. Why does something stop being important if you say it's not when it's been said it does hold importance. Do you control what is and isn't canon or what the symbolism mean or does the creator of it.

The creator does, but even symbolism has rules. It's not my opinion or idea or fantasy or just because I say so. Using several "universes" for every single game title of your franchise is n o t somethig a creative director says, but a producer.

The multiverse was implemented as a solution for the player to have freedom over your paths, story, endings or even possible plot holes. So that Dev team does not have to answer every fan question for which game how being connected. It is just there for business purpose, being sold as part of the story although it is not.

Certain Endings of previous games would fit too good to be true with certain Beginnings of their following games. This is also true and not only an opinion.

P-cuck absolutely BTFO!

Just had a 3-way with Nekomata and Lilim, AMA.

>first person dungeon crawler
>Kaneko said its hard to not self insert

Yeah BTFO, amirte?

Just go talk to her tomorrow u fucking autist

But user you were the cute girl all along.

>trying to finish my SMT4A Apocalypse difficulty run
>going Genocide, pick Toki as my Goddess for whatever reason
>my face when she's fucking useless
>YHVH is still destroying me on the second phase even though all my demons are level 99+
I miss Isabeau.

Attached: tumblr_inline_ofdvh6CER51speybs_540.png (520x538, 216K)

Amane isn't nearly as cute in-game as her official art. Looks a little drab.

Game Theory: What if you were a demon all along?

Game Theory: Is Demi-Fiend actually Sans from Undertale?

Game Theory: What demon wud u fuk?

>Personafags
>actually idolizing better yet liking Kaneko
bizzaro world

What demon wud want teh fuk?

I want succubus to suck my soul out of my body through my cock!

So man hot demon-y demons and you want the one that's just a girl with wings.

Attached: 1517544365698.jpg (1462x1062, 274K)

You posted the that's just a tall girl with lines.

this better?

Attached: 1181896-hel.jpg (880x970, 96K)

>Hel

Attached: 1486354420306.jpg (662x705, 36K)

I'm gonna..!

Attached: Kelpie.jpg (2128x1680, 469K)

>just a girl with wings
Not even the best girl with wings.

Attached: Gu_Huo_Niao.jpg (517x747, 46K)

There somethin' you wanna say, buddy?

Hel a shit

Ur favourite demon is shit.

Attached: 1519127622964.gif (500x362, 477K)

Your favorite demon is my favorite demon.

my favorite demon is Hel

And Hel is shit.

Just like your favourite demon.

In her route Naoya swallow his god hating tears. DeSu 8th days are pure dick sucking .

so it's true to get 4's neutral route you can just pick the first dialog option for every choice and avoid side-quests, right?

For the most part. Just check out the cynical man occasionally.

>Casual version of megaten: Some video game made by mortals
>The real megaten: The demon summoning program in real life

I love Hunting so much.

What do I do after beating Dante?

Go inside the building he jumped off of.

Post underrated demons.

Attached: eNEccdG.jpg (1372x2720, 548K)

Asahi is better, free healing and smirks

Horus but I don't feel like finding a picture. I know Horus is basically a goddamn palette swap in every fucking game but he's always one of my bros. Especially in Nocturne, I kept him way longer than I should have.

Can someone do a step by step or some kind of guide on how to get the X-Metal in Eridanus? I'm a brainlet and can't work it out

Look up a guide, if you can't figure it out after that then you're beyond saving.

>reading about Alex in SJ:R
It's like I'm taking crazy pills. Like holy fuck how did Atlus give this the green light?

Attached: 1520376292879.jpg (800x450, 27K)

nu-ATLUS is beyond salvation

They needed to fill their "we need to add a new waifu that has the "true \" ending center around" quota.

It saddens me that SJ couldn't be spared but at least other mainline games won't have to have their stories raped like that.

She has like nothing to do with the actual new endings story-wise. She's just there to push you into the new content. She gets erased from existence once you decide to do the new post-game dungeon
The only bad thing about her is the Lucifer bullshit, which is just an image, it's not explained in the story.

epic meme

I'm surprised they didn't just name her Marie.

That makes me hate her just the same, she literally exists for no reason other then to have a waifu to advertise.

So basically the only way you would be happy is if she was male.

The only way I would be happy is if she didn't exist.

You should play the DS game then.

I have, multiple times and every route. I'm getting DSJ and will do a playthrough but the classic version will always be what I return to.

>American comprehension

Stephen Hawking is dead
thedailybeast.com/stephen-hawking-dead-at-76
How has Stephen Hawking's real-life attributions to science reflected on your opinion of his character in SMT?

she's actually the best enhanced port content of megaten (btw marie isnt that bad, the worse would be miyako), she plays no relevant role to the new endings, her fights, from what i've seen, are nice so shut the fuck up

F

Attached: Not a demon.jpg (799x565, 31K)

Does this mean we won't get the Demon Summoning Program?

Yes. You will never get to fight YHWH.
Law wins forever.

I thought it was a cool basis for a character but hate what they've done with him in recent games. He had his role in SMTI and didn't need to reappear ever again other the maybe cameos or references to him.

Also was it just me or before IV confirmed he speaks did anyone else assume he used a computer to speak like the actual Hawking?

F

Attached: Smt1stephensegacd.png (66x71, 2K)

F

Attached: 1520999856056.png (349x500, 126K)