/emugen/ - Emulation general

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (speccy screenshot), OS, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Previous Thread:

Attached: citra.png (367x434, 209K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/RPCS3/rpcs3/issues/2707
youtu.be/zgN9EjwFlys
patreon.com/selby
anonfile.com/SaZfN8d6b3/angrylion-plus_-aio.dll
github.com/libretro/citra/commit/9e02f7145ee82602f790c126744a7264ed634217
github.com/libretro/citra/commit/555ddff4c4cdd96e20e549a6d28110607ca1d591
github.com/libretro/citra/commit/fd39307d80afe03da745d7e70aba98406bc6cd75
reddit.com/r/EmuDev/comments/83vqim/is_there_anyway_to_learn_modern_opengl_from_an/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

why doesn't beetle saturn support cheats?

>tfw the previous game's emulator settings don't work for the game you want to play.

Attached: 5b21705ad0652023.jpg (720x611, 67K)

Dw, I already played this sad excuse of a remake long ago. I'm already going through it because I feel like having a savefile, forgot to backup the previous one back when I played it.
Have a meme about it, straight from /vp/.

Attached: LCsOC.png (240x1017, 35K)

every thread until it's fixed
github.com/RPCS3/rpcs3/issues/2707

What's wrong with RetroArch? I just installed it and despite having a plug-and-play config for an Xbox One controller (and a binding listing for it), I can't use it at all. I can't rebind any buttons and nothing works.

The rest of Windows and Steam games all recognize my controller though. Any fixes?

This level of autism should be illegal.

Today I heard the name BizHawk for the first time. Is it worth checking out? What platform is it strongest with? Is it a good or even first choice for any systems at all?

Thanks

it's what retroarch wishes it could be

So, does anyone know how to make RetroArch Nightly recognize the shared_font.bin file?
I tried putting it in RA's system folder, didn't work.
I tried to make a folder called "sysdata" inside the system folder and I dropped the file inside of it, didn't work.

At least I was able to fix the constant crashes I was getting whenever I tried to run games on it, I simply had to download the redist folder and put its bunch of .dll files inside RA's folder.

I'm still waiting on Drakengard 3 since it seems like it could easily outperform the PS3 version, I dropped a playthrough at 75% completion because I couldn't take the fucking slowdowns

Imagine RA with a WIMP GUI and gayer tools you're never ever gonna touch, that's bizhawk

>toe-tapping knee-slapping memories
youtu.be/zgN9EjwFlys

Is the farseer version still the best to play Persona or the new build is faster?

Fucking finally found it out. I just had to put it in C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Citra\sysdata

Why THE FUCK. do they make every single of their cores' bioses and such work with RA's System folder but decide to make this an exception?
Why THE FUCK do they not say this FUCKING ANYWHERE?
Seriously, fuck that, fuck them and fuck every single one of you fucking bastards who decided not to help at all
I hope you all remember me when you decide to end your pitiful existences

That is the same folder standalone citra uses
If you weren't a braindead retroshit user you wouldn't have a problem finding it
Consider suicide

user I would have helped if I had known the answer myself, although looking at it maybe what you needed to drop in the RA system folder wasn't just sysdata but actually Citra/sysdata/shared_font.bin and the fact that it loads from the same place as standalone is an unexpected side effect.
You can probably go yell at the guy making the libretro port if that's not the case, like you said it doesn't make any sense otherwise.

Quick question, is 1964 only good for GE and Perfect Dark? The wiki doesn't recommend this emulator for much.

Have a fresh, heavily compressed webm.

Attached: Butthurt.webm (720x406, 719K)

Standalone Citra? That old af build that nobody uses because having all the required folders along the executable file, just like literally every other branch of the emulator do, is miles better?
Fucking end your existence, you fucking bastard.

As I said up there, I tried both ways. Putting the file directly inside system and putting it inside a folder called sysdata which I dropped inside the system folder. None of those 2 ways worked even though one of them should have.

>None of those 2 ways worked even though one of them should have.
You tried
>/system/shared_fonts;bin
and
>system/sysdata/shared_fonts;bin
I'm telling you that it might just have been
>/system/Citra/sysdata/shared_fonts;bin
Because I find it retarded that you would have to use the standalone folders.

>>/system/Citra/sysdata/shared_fonts;bin
Alright, I see you now. It still doesn't work, so yeah, these guys are freaking stupid.

>Alright, I see you now. It still doesn't work, so yeah, these guys are freaking stupid.
jselby fix your shit or I'll slap you.

patreon.com/selby

1964 is good for nothing, use PJ64

>Someone is giving this guy $5 a month

Attached: spyro.png (960x720, 84K)

PJ64 is good for nothing, use m64p

m64p is shit, use PJ64 with Angrylion RDP Plus, and if anyone wants a more optimized version of it, here it is:

anonfile.com/SaZfN8d6b3/angrylion-plus_-aio.dll

github.com/libretro/citra/commit/9e02f7145ee82602f790c126744a7264ed634217
github.com/libretro/citra/commit/555ddff4c4cdd96e20e549a6d28110607ca1d591
>(suspense)
github.com/libretro/citra/commit/fd39307d80afe03da745d7e70aba98406bc6cd75

Is the miner okay?

>still no Xbox redump

Attached: 1520838409347.png (640x480, 559K)

>Each dump is literally 8GB each
>Shit ton of multiplats
Do you really have to ask this question every thread? How about you actually be the change you want to see in the world for once?

I have an xbox redump collection. No worries its preserved. Just not accessible to this shithole.

>Quick question, is 1964 only good for GE and Perfect Dark?
It's a pretty good emulator (relatively speaking, compared to the other n64 emulators). It's just that PJ64 has better compatibility. There's also the fact that some plugin devs favored pj64 and haven't bothered fixing issues for other emulators, so that's also a problem.

>1964 is good for nothing, use PJ64
Not entirely true. Rat Attack works better on 1964 for instance.

dope! good to see that someone optimized that plugin!

So is Virtual Jaguar known to be garbage here? im a newfag just here to ask why it never remembers controllers that were mapped

Attached: tumblr_mtjvkjTyNA1snhn1io1_1280.jpg (1280x855, 416K)

Anyone know what the major bottlenecks are in PCSX2, aside from OGL HW renderer?

vgturtle127, is that you?

>3 days without update

RA confirmed dead

SP is busy with FFXV.

daily reminder ps2 emulation is fine

Attached: wrong[1].jpg (500x362, 89K)

After 13 years, fine doesn't get the job done.

Does anyone have a version of psx2psp that converts CUE files? I'm trying to convert a Japanese ps1 game into an EBOOT as I can't find a premade one online but it seems psx2psp doesn't allow CUE files.

Attached: psx2psp_guide.jpg (400x257, 23K)

Why do pinball games run so great in Amiga emulators yet looks like screen-tearing jittery hell in dosbox. Fricken DOSBOX SVM DAUM doesn't even let you use both shift buttons at the same time. Even the GOG releases of pinball dreams look and play pretty badly. I feel like there's some sort of ideal cfg files for getting pinball games to run just right, but lord knows it's nothing I've managed to figure out.

Attached: 20180313215106_1.jpg (1920x1080, 270K)

daily reminder n64 emulation is also fine

Still no good way to play Killer Instinct or Paper Mario

bump

I want to play Silent Hill 2 pristinely. Is PCSX2 good enough, or do I wait for another few years? (From what I hear, the Director's Cut is pretty shit.)

Attached: 2016-02-06-2213-17.webm (958x720, 2.62M)

Nothing wrong with comic sans.

I completed paper mario on pj64. Besides some visual bugs, what else is wrong with it?

SP must pay for his crimes.

comicsans gets a bad reputation. It's actually jay leno's favorite font.

zeromus did nothing wrong.

>Besides some visual bugs, what else is wrong with it?
sub screen delay

>(From what I hear, the Director's Cut is pretty shit.)

PS2, Xbox, PS2: Director's Cut are fine. PS2 DC has the Xbox extra content on PS2. The PC version is a bit buggy, and hard to run, and has some minor graphical downgrades but is fine.

You mean the PS3/360 versions which are ugly messes.

>I want to play Silent Hill 2 pristinely. Is PCSX2 good enough,

Yeah. But it was one of the early games with pressure sensitive controls for light vs. hard attacks. No clue how to work that out. I'd suggest running the PC version. I played that with just keyboard commands years ago just fine. It was the first time I played the second prelude scenario so it was new but also a blast of nostalgia.

you need to use the light attack sometimes because you can make it through the whole game bitchslapping everything to death.

>pressure sensitive controls for light vs. hard attacks. No clue how to work that out
In pcsx2 you can rebind buttons that use pressure sensitivity to the triggers if you are using a 360 controller or something similar. That's what I did in the ace combat games with the thruster controls

that sounds pretty complicated user. Did you win at the game? My thought is that i could map the face buttons to the volume of my voice and I could just scream real loud if I wanted the hard punch.

Attached: 2016-12-27-1854-02.webm (630x558, 2.97M)

reddit.com/r/EmuDev/comments/83vqim/is_there_anyway_to_learn_modern_opengl_from_an/

Good luck mooch

So developers are not allowed to have non-emulation pursuits?

In my case I just swapped the L1/R1 and L2/R2 buttons on my 360 controller which wasn't complicated at all, but I haven't played silent hill so I wouldn't know what combination would work in that game

Doesn't stand a chance.

>Go full screen in Firefox
>Hit [esc]
>exit full screen

>Go full screen in mpv
>Hit [esc]
>exit full screen

>Play a game
>Hit [esc]
>brings up menu

>Play RetroArch
>Hit [esc]
>Entire program immediately shuts down

>receive payment for service
>put aside service and play video games instead
>continue to receive payment
>asked why service is not being performed
>lol stop acting so entitled

hope you remembered to enable auto-saving sram

>Play Mednafen
>Hit [esc]

>Play MAME
>Hit [esc]
>Game quits
>hit it again

Both of those emulators also get hate for their UI's. Nice try pham

>input_exit_emulator = "nul"

fixed

not him, but that should be the default

>Pressure sensitive controls
What the actual fuck are you on about? The attacks are not pressure sensitive. Tap X for a quick strike, hold X for heavy strike. It's not pressure sensitive, it's how long you hold the button, dipshit.

Reminder AMD/Ryzen is DOA now with those new exploits!

Is there any benefit to using Vulkan for SNES games in RetroArch?

> self-insert steals players praise and spotlights
2nd worse one I ever played

Attached: OC Axel.png (987x679, 32K)

>Vulkan
>SNES
>RetroArch?

Attached: 1483547033599[1].jpg (645x968, 47K)

How do I get a black gba overlay on retroarch?I googled some but don't see any black.

How do you feel about people sitting on undumped games?

Attached: Sunman_Title.png (256x232, 5K)

What if then the person isn't being paid or have a Patreon?

That still considered bad? I guess that's the real question I want to ask.

ya that doesn't work. Does it fix banjo games being fucked?

>psx file just has a bunch of bin files and a cue file
>too dumm to know what to do to combine them
pls help

Attached: 7.jpg (800x1000, 247K)

Load the cuesheet first. The cuesheet just has references to each bin file, which each bin file is a CD/DVD track.

You run the cue, no need to combine anything.

Attached: 1512705857325.png (689x680, 199K)

how user, i just want rock em robots :(

You typically run things by clicking on them.

I don't know how ;~;

Then step away from the computer before you hurt yourself.

Emulation isn't for you. Go buy it full price off the PSN store or something like a good goy.

please :(

I want to play PS2 games on my galaxy s5 (specifically Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2)

Is this possible? Or is my ancient phone too weak / emulation sucks right now

>Or is my ancient phone too weak
yup

The Play Store's game selection is rather shit, any suggestions of good ROMs to download? GBA/DS preferable and I've played most of the main Pokemon games more than I should have.

Most phones nowadays can run Dolphin at full speed.

vsrecommended wiki

the cue file is just a text document that contains metadata, you need a .bin file to.

Most of the times you can use poweriso or w/e to convert bin/cue into iso

What are some good PS2 emulators on Android? emu wiki gave me nothing

Emu wiki is up to date then.

Attached: The House of the Dead Overkill.jpg (600x338, 56K)

But The Typing of The Dead Overkill is better and runs natively on PC.

lmao

>download the new citra version that isnt ass
>pokemon finally runs at full speed
>try metroid 2 remake
>it runs at full speed
>try mh3u
>5 fps
>try ass attorney dual destinies
>5 fps
So close yet so far