/palg/ - Paladins General

"POST THAT LOADOUT YOU'LL MISS" edition

NOTE: You will be playing against bots in casual queue until you reach account level 5.

>Official pages
Forums: forums.paladins.com/
Server status: status.hirezstudios.com/

>FAQ, useful links etc.
pastebin.com/mx4LjKSz
pastebin.com/HK7Qd6if

>Patch notes (OB##)
(add patch notes link here)

>Steam Store
store.steampowered.com/app/444090/

>Paladins Wiki
paladins.gamepedia.com/Paladins_Wiki

>Tutorials made by Hi-Rez (playlist) (may contain outdated info)
youtube.com/watch?v=qvmzT6CSvg8&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNyc6n9nhYujLyniK69nMFrB

>Champion guides made by Hi-Rez (playlist) (may contain outdated info)
youtube.com/watch?v=a8zkWCiKcbM&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNwUxmoNDngInm4DnaanoKS9

>Decks
paladinsdecks.com/

>Account statistics
masterpaladins.com
paladins.guru

>Paladins VIP
paladins.com/vip/

>Reveal Trailer (Add champ name here):
(add link here)

>PTS (Play Test Server):
forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?13102-Joining-Paladins-PTS-and-Contributing-to-Development-September-27th-2016

>PTS Steam Version:
steam://install/596350

>OP Template
pastebin.com/zYHWhTLY

Previous thread:

Attached: 1506985985269.jpg (737x744, 190K)

First for fuck maeve and fuck ying
>we'll get something better!
you are sorely underestimating lo-rez because this is the same argument idiots used for CU

i want better skins

then dont play a hi-rez game lol

who made that argument for CU? Better what? Cards? How this is in any way shape or form similar to CU you're gonna have to elaborate. Cause it looks like to me it won't have any impact on the gameplay which was what made CU bad. If the games only redeeming quality for you was that you can put 2 different cosmetics together then I guess it's time for you to go.

>Fuck player choice! If you don't like it you can leave!
Do you actually believe this? People definitely could leave the game over it. I'm not sure what the actual gain is here except skin concepts and the vague promise of "better" skins. Their reasons for removing the customization system (optimization and user-friendliness of the UI) are laughable at best and completely stupid at worst because neither of these has ever been an issue where the game runs on third-world toasters from 2006.

The customization is a major part of the game's charm, and they know this. Not sure how you could be so clueless. Even when Unbound was revealed, people making videos opposing it were talking about how builds and custom decks would be gimped by them locking every card to level 4. And then the main line Hi-Rez were spouting to sell Cards Unbound was that players wanted more of a "sense of progression" that unbound would provide. It was just a shitty endless grind for whales to blow their money on. Ultimately a waste of time and resources.

Now they're shilling another revamp in a similar fashion. IF the community opposes it, they'll just do the same thing and you'll see the same pattern. Ironically, they'll probably make LESS money too because people will be pissed about their customization being fucked and will be bitter over it, and then more people will just end up content with only one item set instead of wanting multiples to mix and match. It's a double-edged sword for them. And all for the sake of "optimization" when the game's already able to run on potatoes.

At least the game is still robot and gay free...

Attached: 1451738011485.jpg (482x427, 36K)

>At least the game is still robot and gay free...

Attached: Tiyfv8l.jpg (2375x1500, 500K)

>robot free
not anymore, also fernando mecha skins already exist
>gay free
Tell that to literally anyone who plays maeve or ying

Except they said the reason was multiple things mainly being able to mix cosmetics meant that separate pieces must be able to fit with every other piece. Left that one out conveniently.

It hasn't won the contest yet!

Robots as suits or mere tools are fine. """Sentient""" robots/AIs are the problem. Paladins is still free of those abominations.

Attached: we34.jpg (707x500, 71K)

That design won't go in the game
The designer just won about 7k dollars and pic related IIRC

Attached: 24255092_1480102315420561_6210693920715682337_o.jpg?oh=23eab95c4337931ffa4cbfa6f973614f&oe=5B040 (1200x900, 168K)

Again it doesn't impact gameplay and nobody gave a shit about skins 18 months ago when player count was at its peak. The major draw of the game is its unique gameplay. As long as the gameplay remains untouched I remain unrustled. Why don't you understand that?

Because you're not the only person in existence, and their income isn't gonna come from you just playing their free game.

Just like how you conveniently ignored ?
Certain skins already clip anyway. The whole point was to look stupid and be a special snowflake. Fucking NOBODY complained about the current system besides not having good looking skins.
Not to mention they already had a system where skins can just lock accessory slots, but hey the more we forget the more shit we can gargle amirite?

>Me me me it's all about ME! If I don't have a problem with it, why should you?
While I admit the vice versa can also be said, I have seen a lot more people angry over this than complacent. What a fucking stupid argument to have.

You really think the brain dead majority of players are going to even notice the change? They'll keep spending money and hirez will keep pumping out skins. This will not make pros quit, this will not make casuals quit, this will not make the game p2w, you're making a mountain out of a molehill and it's pathetic.

>making this many assumptions in one post
Even I never said players WOULD leave over this, I say they very well COULD leave. You're just banking on every single non-/palg/ player in the game being literal subhumans. It's cringe that you're willing to dismiss the nature of the community as much as lo-rez does in order to justify this idiotic move of theirs.

>being able to wear different hat and hairs are a major part of the game's charm
lol

Also the UI part is not actually about the game's UI itself but about the maintenance of it
Now, i haven't got a single clue about that shit so i don't know if that's actually a hard thing to do or not
Or just some excuse they made up on the spot
But if you are then feel free to make an argument

what about replicant ying?

I said that people would end up spending less money, and many who spent money on cosmetics will be pissed and bitter about it because things like the Jenos mask, Demonic Seris, plenty of VIP skins, and the like only even made Hi-Rez money because players wanted to mix and match the items, weapons, voice packs, etc. Neither me nor the other user said that people will leave, and the other user even pointed out that they COULD add the types of new skins they're discussing, but just aren't. Barik's TF2 skin used to automatically be unequipped if you tried to put any other cosmetic on with it, and they eventually changed it. They COULD do this if they wanted, but they won't for "optimization" reasons, which like I said is stupid since this game is currently running perfectly fine on my shitty old laptop while my new motherboard for my rig is in the mail.

Will I leave because of this? Probably not. Will I stop blowing money on the game and stop renewing VIP? Definitely. I only wish they said they were thinking of changing the system months in advance so I didn't get shit like Raeve Maeve and Robo-Drogoz to use it with other items.

I said the customization. The decks, the items, the cosmetics. It's still one element of the customization chipped away.

you can still mix weapons and voice packs

Yeah, but what's being removed right now is still the ability to wear different hats and hairs which is completely useless
You act like the removal of this system will somehow bring CU back and remove match items somehow
You're making up problems that doesn't exist

>which is completely useless
It's useless to you but to the people that actually spend crystals on this game to get cosmetics (which are the only things you can spend crystals on) it can very much be a huge deal. Stop pretending that just because you think it's a mild change that others do not think so.
>You act like the removal of this system will somehow bring CU back and remove match items somehow
What a god damn moron you are to believe that we think they're going to resurrect holt to personally fuck CU back into the game just because they're changing customization. What a god damn moron you are to not see obvious parallels to the announcement and execution of CU and the announcement and future execution of this upcoming change, where they drop it out of nowhere and expect people to roll over for it without a second thought.
If you honestly believe this is a pointless argument and that their skin quality will massively ramp up to miraculous levels after their most recent additions of nerf guns and jotun/infiltrator then good for you. However you're not going to convince me that this isn't something worth complaining about because you yourself don't see a problem with it.

Attached: eh.jpg (300x174, 12K)

You said it yourself nigger
You kept comparing this shit to unbound and act like it'll be a "slippery slope"
And somehow think Paladins will remove more customization in the future

When they're just putting 2 pieces of skins together to make things easier for them

>You kept comparing this shit to unbound
In their attitude, yes. They don't even ask the community about it, and will most likely not listen to the community anyway. In actuality it's not removing essence and making an infinite card grind. What an astute observer you are.
>and act like it'll be a "slippery slope"
>And somehow think Paladins will remove more customization in the future
???? Stop making shit up. Hi-rez has proven themselves unpredictable, but this is probably just to bring it in line with smite cosmetics which are more boring. No idea where you're getting this slippery slope bullshit from.
>When they're just putting 2 pieces of skins together to make things easier for them
That is quite frankly an on the nose statement of their what and why. They are lazy while somehow putting effort into gimping customization with half-assed excuses than to just lock new skins so they have their full body change the way the designers envision it.

>They are lazy
Yeah, i'm sure you have tons of experience in 3d modelling and UI design to say that lmao

>their full body change the way the designers envision it
And this is bad because?

>And this is bad because?
Can you stop posting if you're THAT dumb?

nice argument

Attached: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR_Q1xrER2M_XQLaz0EyylxQPtF2x-W5CRhU6KAGPouZf_583PO.jpg (225x225, 6K)

lets play a game /palg/
which characters are those?

Attached: edge.jpg (7109x4000, 2.96M)

I never cared about mixing and matching skins, so I'm just glad we'll see more radically different skins. People are too impatient and focus too much on what's going away and not on the long term benefits of the new system, IMO.

talus, torvald, grover

it is not good to cheat

i wasted my money on the halloween chests to get the accesories, AMA.

>fags that would rather play the skinner box getting btfo

Can Hirez get more based?

>*dabs on your consumers*

I mean the only one hard to see is Torvald, though I guess one can confuse Grover with Terminus

nice level text comprehension

You know what, is right. You really are this fucking dumb. There is nothing negative about the snippet you quoted whatsoever. In fact, it was a fragment of what they SHOULD have done with these new skins that they plan on changing the character to such a drastic degree. Simply locking the accessory slot on these rumored new and improved skins wouldn't fuck with all the old loadouts we use. Clearly you'd rather see everything get fucked for no reason than to have a simple line of code changed so that these specific skins would follow the rule of being complete sets only.

I can only assume you outright want this change to fuck over current customization at this point given how little you seem to understand about the arguments I am presenting. You're already incapable of reading between the lines when I say this is analogous to CU. If you're willing to give me an argument that hasn't already been presented, at least TRY.

Attached: dont try to stump me or my son.jpg (399x428, 56K)

Games without customization still make tons of money on cosmetics. See: Smite.

The new system enables skins that would not be possible otherwise, like a long hair Maeve. Yes, you could have cosmetics locked from other cosmetics, but then there would be no point to the change.

Your customization options were shit anyways.

If you're playing this game for the cosmetics you are literally everything wrong with gaming.

I'll miss this set. That and using the buck glasses with the commando outfit. The new ones look great tho, so I can't complain.
Also, you can get nightbane cassie on ebay for less than 2 dollars thanks to an old code.

Attached: file.png (407x823, 635K)

Reminder that there will be no patch preview this week, and no patch until the end of the month

>If you're playing this game for the cosmetics you are literally everything wrong with gaming.

This needs to be repeated. Again:

>If you're playing this game for the cosmetics you are literally everything wrong with gaming.

>if you are financially supporting hi-rez you are literally everything wrong with gaming.
ftfy

this but unironically

Yeah fuck cosmetics, every character should just be in brown rags and barrels amirite? Who cares how characters look?
I'm pretty sure even /v/ isn't this retarded

This

Question: say Hi Rez decided to remove all skins tomorrow. Everyone will be forced to use the default skin instead.

Would you continue playing Paladins?

Attached: 1493978970544.jpg (354x342, 18K)

i dont play shite so correct me if im wrong but it has alot of shit outside skins to make bank on: avatars, loading frames, pedestals, hud themes, loading screen backgrounds, etc.
not trying to justify customization being gutted, (it sucks ass!) but they might be adding more stuff like that later down the line. elaborate scheme to make paladins more like smite and all.

all depends on how hi-rez is gonna monetize the game if they couldn't rely on cosmetic shit.

how come they can't do both types of skin?

ui would be messy and cluttered ://////

>lets give all supports a stupid buff for no reason
next patch:
>lets nerf all supports health

>removes their only source of money spending
>crystals now have no use
Besides the fact that paladins would be unsustainable in its current form, probably not. It would definitely piss a lot of people off who spend money on skins just to have them wiped the next day.

Because muh UI

Currently skins use three separate meshes, they want to combine two so there are fewer files to handle. It's all bullshit, if they wanted better performance they'd update to UE4.

not really all they'd need to do is add an option to equip collections like in the pregame lobby

yes

Skins looked like shit because the paladins art team are all lazy. This strike skin blows our version the fuck out while having none of the problems they used as an excuse for why are skins are so shit.

Attached: strike witch evie.jpg (2255x915, 679K)

But people do care about how champions look.

Which is why people think the current skins look like shit and want to sacrifice customization for better skins.

>literally mention Strike while also showing robogrohk as an example of a skin they couldn't implement because of their current system in the post

It's like you didn't even comprehend the point it was trying to make.

>muh skin mixing

Attached: 1495615697790.jpg (782x835, 117K)

>muh UI
>muh optimization
Blatant shitposting isn't that hard.

Attached: technicolor bait.gif (323x221, 224K)

sacrificing skin customization isn't magically gonna make skins better aside from maybe shitting out overdesigned stuff that may or may not be actually good. key point - those demon concepts for talus/torvald/grover. who knows what they're gonna look like ingame if they decide to go through with them.

our halloween evie looks like shit because hi-rez knew all they had to do to get retards to love it was add some dumb panties to it, just look at the old threads back then

Wait are they seriously going to lock emotes and voices to specific skins now?

no

People seem to argue for the "long-term benefits" which is hilarious because companies (especially game companies) only care about the money they make NOW. Which is also hilarious because paladins was bleeding players, and now they seem to want to bleed money too.
If the skin concepts we've seen are any indication, skin quality won't massively improve in theme or actual looks.

So their plan is to take out lines of code that are already in the game doing just fine to shit out tons of code for non-skin cosmetics that could already exist at this point AND wouldn't even be remotely affected by the proposed changes to the current system? That's a pretty dumb plan.

Voices probably, emotes no.

that's not how in works in Smite, so no.

do you think we will get an event and the new map

not really

Attached: 1495215837238.jpg (2558x1076, 532K)

stop posting your shitty cap

no bullying moji players

I want to sexually bully moji

bully moji players
don't bully moji
moji kawaii

Map, yes. Event, no.

moji not for sexual

Strike has some good skins, but this is not one of them. It has so many ornaments everywhere that Evie looks like a Christmas tree instead of a witch.

I get to bully moji players? Sweet
Fuck moji players, bunch of brainlet dead weights that would rather brap post than actually contribute. Once they rightfully nerf moji her pickrate will fall through the floor and we can finally get back to the game we've been trying to play since OB63

moji is for cute
ying is for lewd
maeve is for cute and lewd

I don't fully understand their UI development complaint. Specifically the thing about having to manage the store page. When you think about it, the store serves no real purpose at all anyway as it is. Everything you can get for anyone is already easily accessible and simple through the other three menus of Champions, VIP and Loot Chests. The store page doesn't even need to exist at all.

Not canon.

>strike skin is better
>doesn't have panties at all

^ lmao

^ rotfl

Except I still can't get mastery poses and emotes through neither of these. Fucking Hirez.

made for breeding

Attached: 1502655280346.jpg (1627x926, 176K)

defaults are usually the best looking anyway

Smite locks your character's voice to the skin voice though. Right now you can have viktor's default russian voiceover while using Code Green, in Smite you'd only have the VGS be different

I'm focused on the fact that the money I've used on crustals for chests for the sole purpose of skins that'd be cool to mix will be invalidated for the convoluted shit concept art that they posted. I would much rather have the simpler skins that allow for more variation in how the character looks than everyone walking around with similar looks and everyone having over designed gargoyle demon tradh

Attached: 1517511939483.jpg (540x628, 68K)

t. Fernando player

What about a "craft skins" option? You use your customisable skins and combine it into one set. It would solve the UI problem since it'd be on a tab of its own with its own menues and it'd solve the performance problems since the point of making people craft it is to create a new set (so it'll load like the other new skins).
but that'll never happen because
>lorez

I feel like they're just doing the tactic shitty politicians use. Blame the thing they want to get rid of and say it'll all be sunshine and rainbows once it's gone when it's really just them being shit tuats the reason the problem exists.
The games had horrible UI issues since the beginning, and it wasn't even limited to cosmetics.

what about a marvelous in a frilly dress cosmetic

Maeve
fucking phone

Yes but then you still run into the main problem which is that they can't make skins that are too different or shit starts clipping with older shit and causing issues.

But they don't have to anymore, they can focus on the new skins while leaving the option to let players fuck with OLD skins. So the money of players who paid to make good combos won't be wasted.

maeve and moji are close friends

>Make 20 chests filled with head accessories
>Make them completely worthless by only allowing them to be used with default body skin
i want a refund

barik"s engi skin used to work where it was removed if you tried to ewuip any other item with it. that's what they could do to keep the current system and those olotuer skin sets, then they'd put a little warning box saying "unique set - not compatible with other cosmetic bodies). that's actually make the rarity system worth a shit too.

Attached: Apu.jpg (1027x731, 86K)

moji lets maeve ride her turtle
maeve lets moji play with her knives