/fhg/ - For Honor General

War edition

→ KIA

>Season 5 Info
forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-ca/news-community/164-318091-16/season-five-announced-dedicated-servers-and-hero-updates-coming

>Season 5 Gear
cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/308763971748626433/415620805276467210/Apollyon_Event_Gears.pdf

>For Honor v1.19 Patch Notes
forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-ca/news-community/164-318557-16/patch-notes-v119

>New players:
>If you plan on using a controller, it is highly recommended you go into your settings and shrink the dead zone
pastebin.com/55KZTiUK

>Things that were changed since launch
pastebin.com/JVAxhAPY

>Multiple hero video guides (outdated, ask your fellow anons)
>youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkiUfT_3_4AnTBKwzZQO7-fDgKDzwPRPr

>Wikis:
forhonor.wikia.com
forhonor.gamepedia.com/For_Honor_Wiki

>Character values
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wwr17AtTDFU3BZY_81axLVMKdHdNZuV0wGOb589VKgc/edit#gid=0

>Gear modifier values
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mPLuxn-bPMwxOotsIL8lM-x0jP101dIbUnMD1ten7ik/edit#gid=154396609

>Gear Stat Help
i.imgur.com/7HPdL9B.jpg

>Gear appearances
forfashion.draghmar.pl

>Max Punish Guide
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wK-38XMvSakPMEk2rx8KjAzQFF5MJt_c7XMxNidYVfc/htmlview

>Friends list sign up Doc:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe46v1-5y3m5IbPVaP1NRaEjU7tO3YWE_fZkR4dQ5C8nBwI5Q/viewform?c=0&w=1

>For those that have signed up:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1b8fuKwrDWqaprZE9mRhDtgDRqkZHIabBfum-jHumLKw/edit#gid=943442915

>War of Factions:
forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/war-of-factions/

>PVP Stat Tracker:
fhtracker.com/

>Story mode collectibles:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=864166443

Attached: 1618345131303.jpg (1200x800, 142K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/8R9JwWtf
forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news-community/152-320428-16/for-honor-pc-starter-edition-now-available
pastebin.com/gaFehsTz
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first for S5 is shit

Season 5 is one of the best things to happen to the game, between the new servers and the parry standardization and Kensei being legitimately viable and competitive for the first time.

Warden-chan is my waifu!

Attached: Warden-chan.jpg (751x1063, 120K)

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG IF YOU PLAY SHINOBI

Should I play Highlander or Gladiator?

>new servers
one less drop per day and every game has shit latency. great stuff
>parry standardization
except for cent, law, zerker, conq and probably others getting light for heavy, heavy for light
>kensei
i'll give you that one but ken players probably account for less than one tenth of the player base

Friendly reminder that if you play Berserker you're not good, you're just given all the best tools in the game. That character is an escalator to the victory screen.

>i'll give you that one but ken players probably account for less than one tenth of the player base
gee maybe because ken has been not shit for one tenth of the time this game has been out

shinobi is honest
>servers
I absolutely encounter less laggy players than I did before they switched to dedicated, but lag comp would still be nice.
>parries
making it so you cant confirm a gb from a parry alone is a great change. keeps parry punishes from being too devastating and has the side effect of making combat more visually pleasing.
yeah, I really think they should have reworked other characters first before bers. he was by no means bad before, unlike valk and orochi.

>Had to draw that tit just jutting out

Why do people do this

Because we're human beings. We love titties and bloodshed, so why not mix em together with girls in battle armor?

Same reason people turned nobushi into nob-asshi

Attached: Nobushi.png (1280x960, 765K)

>yeah, I really think they should have reworked other characters first before bers. he was by no means bad before, unlike valk and orochi.
Zerk was in the same boat as Kensei: he had ineffectual offense because he could neither start his chains nor maintain his chains, and anything beyond two attacks in the chain was a liability, never mind not using the side heavy chain ever. At most, he could content himself with stamina bullying and having one of the best bang-for-buck out-of-stamina punishes in the game.

With faster feinted lights, more super armor and unblockable heavy chain enders, on top of the new parry rules, Zerk's offense is now far more meaningful and threatening, and he can now do what he was always designed to do: put out overwhelming, unending offense. They even nerfed his stamina-bullying throws because he can afford to take the hit now (plus it was never the point of the character).

Attached: song-zhenyang-2.jpg?1490535656.jpg (1920x2532, 603K)

>Zerk's offense is now far more meaningful and threatening
yes, TOO meaningful and threatening. giving him hyperarmor on feints was an overstep. if you want hyperarmor, you should have to commit to a chain.

Season pass 2 when

never
enjoy your reworks

I'd rather have reworks over more heroes that will just shit up the balance even more.

Noooo reworks suck

New maps still atleast?

Fuck off pk

I'd rather have new hero instead of a bunch of new moves on old heroes,because they start to get boring after a while
They could at least give 1 new hero,reworks a new maps

It’s just unblockables and fast lights real nice rework

Met a rep 20 something orochi on PC who's name started with a K. He must have been from korea or some bull shit. He had it all, insta GBs, frame skipping, teleporting etc.

I am 11/10 sure this game has region/server locking and you're going to connect to server nearest to you and nothing else.

WAGA
SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
RI
ARIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Vote gender unlock for all classes !

You can choose your future today !

Attached: Fate-EXTRA-Saber-Nero-Koloseum-Cosplay-Kostium-Halloween-Uniform-Outfit-Czerwona-Sukienka-Top-Sp-dni (1000x694, 232K)

>umu

Attached: 1516561123458.jpg (600x581, 36K)

>When you throw the opponent into a wall for Demon's Embrace but they were OOS and fell down instead

Attached: 1520106899815.jpg (472x357, 24K)

Jannu?

Attached: 1518189136350.gif (480x420, 91K)

>last thread was peace edition
>this one is war edition

Attached: 1503647182571.gif (313x202, 1.18M)

That's . . . pretty Coolute.
Well, now that 3.65 henkaku is a thing, I guess I should try out Extella.

Can actual romanfags translate that ? I can't read harlot.

It's "waga shuu chuu ni ari", thank you very much

Attached: 1520583947089.jpg (1280x934, 110K)

Guys, I need the most convincing ass emblem you can come up with for... reasons. Help a brother out.

STARTER EDITION BOYS
pastebin.com/8R9JwWtf

Oh wow, a starter edition
forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news-community/152-320428-16/for-honor-pc-starter-edition-now-available

Attached: 1497882179469.gif (1000x714, 1.97M)

>starter edition
can't start anything if the most people who will play this are now playing it

It’s looks like less of a scam than sieges

Highlander 4 Zweihander

Attached: 1520942368156.jpg (321x562, 13K)

siege starter is total bullshit, this one is pretty good actually

>There was an user who literally mentioned a starter edition just a few days ago
Spooky

Attached: 62114215_p5_master1200.jpg (691x646, 242K)

Pcfags on suicide watch why is it that certain games are vibrant on console but not PC

oh look a console pleb

Because unironically reddit

Attached: 1409152052713.jpg (340x480, 44K)

Reminder that Nobushi are for breeding.

Attached: 1520708923893.png (540x489, 99K)

Everyone is for breeding though

Fair enough.

What does Siege's starter edition do?

Make it impossible to play the game.

huge grind
gives you random operator as "free operator"
resets your account if you have played before

Quadruples unlock costs.
Can't upgrade to the full edition.

Shugoki breeds Nobushi, but he's much more tender and loving than he lets on.
pastebin.com/gaFehsTz

What vote?

an even worse grind than the already grindy full game

PC failed so badly that they have to have an entirely new edition for it?

Siege has the exact same thing. It's to inject more life into the game.

ubisoft has treated pc players like shit for almost 15 years now

Eh more like they actually want newbies to fucking play the thing. Hopefully it makes our PC anons happy by brining in non-4man modes again kek

it means that they are putting money back into the game, and it also means that they want to boost player population cause they are rolling out actual fixes and content now

duel and brawl are alive, the only modes dead on PC are the two deathmatch modes, which suck.

>voting Whore of Babylon

Attached: 642D8ED1-9DC9-48E8-AE4C-BB9F6E5C7AB8.jpg (600x800, 102K)

I wish Orders were just a daily list and you didn't have to select the fuckers.

M-mods...

I was waiting for a sale to get this but the starter edition is tempting. I was kind of assuming that we'll see a free weekend and a sale soon though.

It's not coming to consoles. They literally said the only reason PC is getting it is because the community is too small.

I meant 4 man death squads all day since I hear the complaint frequently

no fucking shit thats the reason, you figure that out yourself, genius?

Gotta pick and choose which orders you want to work on. They don't want you banging them out in fewer games.

>forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news-community/152-320428-16/for-honor-pc-starter-edition-now-available
thats actually super reasonable desu. you get the vanguards, of which raider and ken are A/S tier as fuck, and if you pick knights like a decent human being you get another 3 A/S tier heroes too? for 15 bux? compared to siege's starter version where you get fuck all, thats pretty good

Why would there be a sale if they have a Starter Edition now?

>mfw bought the game on launch

Attached: 1489067019257.png (550x734, 701K)

i'd rather the extra level of control. i dont want to waste my orders XP on heroes that dont need it

There was a Chinese New Year sale a few weeks ago.

You own all three vanguards, but you only unlock the vanilla heroes of your faction. You don't own them, meaning you can't earn gear and customize them.

So back to my original point, the game failed so badly on PC that they had to make an entirely new edition for it?

That too. There's no global account XP, only hero XP, so when you're about to finish an order, make sure to do it with the hero you want to get the XP.

Is customization just cosmetic? I don't give a fuck about cosmetics desu.

If you’re really trying to fucking start shit for no reason, sure?

Cosmetics and Feats, I believe.

Launching a more accessible package of the game for purchase does not mean the game failed.

In all modes with gear stats turned on - every mode except Duel and Brawl - no, customization is NOT cosmetic.

No. Gear is needed to be able to do damage in 4v4. But I’m sure most newbies just want to play duel, so don’t worry about it

I'm not trying to start shit, I just wanted to take a big dump on the PC community for this game because the opportunity presented itself.

dumbass, the game had low population since week 3 of release, when they removed player counter from the game
adding it NOW means they are putting shit in and boosting population to build a bigger playerbase, its a GOOD thing and means corporate is giving more attention to the game

Customization is not cosmetic for everything except duels/brawls. On low levels the benefits/penalties are so fucking low that you won't have to worry about it tho.

I mean, the consoles didn't need to be bailed out, so...

And by customization I mean gear. Other customization options like emotes and helmet thingies and colors are whatever.

The suits seem to be doubling down on a lot of their games. For Honor is getting a starter edition on PC, Ghost Recon Wildlands is building up with more modes and classes and features, and The Division 2 will reportedly have the largest dev team in Ubisoft history behind it.

>bailed out
you are special, arent you

wow, you really got us. I know what will make me feel better: playing videogames above 30 fps

Yeah, there's emotes, special effects, color schemes and little ornaments you can stick on your helmet as truly cosmetic stuff goes, but the actual armor and weapons you equip do matter. Hell, to a small extent, the executions you have equipped for your character also matter.

So when I get a character for 8000 steel does that unlock all the weapons and armor too or will I have to grind for that as well?

Gear is random drops after a match, just play and you'll get the stuff.

>I'm not trying to start shit, I just wanted to take a big dump on the PC community
Nice doublethink

gear score really isnt that important and cosmetics are fun but unnecessary desu senpai

Anyone else actually refined their gear? I mean it's the single biggest waste of steel in the game and I realize it, but I just had to do this for my main.

Attached: For Honor2018-3-14-21-24-25 (2).jpg (345x216, 39K)

It no longer makes any sense to make "fire and forget" games

I did the super optimization thing for my level 50 kensei that I mained since season 1 (and changed the gear appearance too), but for other dudes I just pick all bonuses and get on with it.

Gear is a grind too, yes. You have a good chance of getting at least one piece of gear every time you finish any match. You also get free gear from leveling up your heroes or opening scavenger crates you earn from events (don't worry about those if you're just starting out). If you don't like what you can get, you can salvage it for, well, Salvage; it's a separate currency from Steel that's ostensibly used for upgrading gear (don't bother with this either for a while), but you can also spend some steel to activate an XP boost at the start of any match.

whats it do tho? aesthetics or just numbers?

I hate hyperarmor so god damn much