/shmupg/ - Shoot 'em Up General

Dadshit Edition

Previous Thread: This general is for discussing all shmups/STG (shoot 'em ups/shooting games/shooting type games).
Need something to play? Check this shit out: mega.nz/#!mlwG3ZCJ!NMdWxNY4pjqc1vFGwzyPIbtGor0GHObcfENNMgOQW1s
Join us on Steam! steamcommunity.com/groups/shmupg

RECENT RELEASES:
>Infinos Gaiden
store.steampowered.com/app/771070
>Touhou 16 ~ Hidden Star in Four Seasons
store.steampowered.com/app/745880
>Sorcer Striker/Mahou Daisakusen (PS4)
gematsu.com/2017/08/sorcer-striker-m2-shottriggers-release-announced-ps4
>Pawarumi
store.steampowered.com/app/610410
>Raiden V (PS4 and Steam)
store.steampowered.com/app/570050
>Garegga M2 port (XBO)
m2stg.com/en/battle-garegga/xboxone/
>Sonic Wings 2/Aero Fighters 2
PS4, Xbox One, and Switch
>Super Hydorah
store.steampowered.com/app/628800
>Terra Feminarum
store.steampowered.com/app/796380

UPCOMING RELEASES:
Vasara HD Collection
gematsu.com/2018/03/vasara-hd-collection-announced-consoles-pc
>Ketsui M2 port (PS4)
gematsu.com/2017/04/m2-announces-ketsui-m2-shottriggers-release-feveron-school
>iMalice
amamoriya.gozaru.jp/imalice/
>Go Go Burunyanman Ecstasy!!! Steam-Edition
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=660224194
>Earth Defense Force 4.1 Wing Diver
gematsu.com/2017/09/earth-defense-force-4-1-wing-diver-shooter-shoot-em-announced-ps4
>Blue Revolver Black Label Announced
bluerevolvergame.com/1year/
>Rolling Gunner
rollinggunner.wixsite.com/rollinggunner

OTHER LINKS:
/shmupg/ community YT channel:
youtube.com/channel/UCp2e9X5tR9BLdSlIGjzftDA

STG stream aggregator: stgrillz.appspot.com/

/shmupg/ high-score list:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K0DesawgMQiFNMv2MZxxwdjzBudCIMMb3BkjQJaHjxI/edit?usp=sharing

Attached: DUpi9RdX0Ac9gBK.jpg (900x900, 153K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/eH3i3Ctz04o?t=217
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for Casper

Attached: 645724_p0.jpg (335x429, 43K)

>iMalice
Never actually going to happen, is it

If I'm around next time we need a new thread I'll do some housecleaning on some items that haven't moved in some time.

4th for no more squawkin from stephen hawking.

Attached: 1512169822825.jpg (1000x1414, 645K)

implying someone even cares

stephen hawking thought he was so great, but he couldn't even 1cc a pouhou

just another loudmouth scrub

Attached: 1491090776244.png (310x326, 11K)

Dunno that boss fight looks pretty fun desu
youtu.be/eH3i3Ctz04o?t=217

walking talking stephen hawking

Attached: The_Tannest.gif (510x510, 690K)

Attached: 0030.png (240x320, 36K)

Bahmpu~

Attached: 825_gaj.jpg (700x525, 286K)

Best ship?

Bornnam most balanced ship

more like
bornnam most brainlet ship

none. shit game. go play IN.

>unironcally telling someone to play poohoo

Attached: 1499381350792.jpg (660x574, 29K)

ZUN>YGW>DOG SHIT>>>>>>>CAVE

reverse it and put YGW below poohoo and it is good

Always wondered if this is just the emulation or is it also in the pcb?

ZUN

Attached: 1490886453368.png (568x479, 93K)

>i love cave shmups

Attached: 1518936565636.png (645x729, 105K)

>ikaruga is the best shmup ever!

Attached: 1506485110033.png (645x729, 70K)

Not the best but it is certainly a.... Treasure

Attached: saku_yeah.gif (500x500, 264K)

Ikaruga is the worst shmup ever

Attached: 1520976106045.gif (480x270, 2.25M)

where the fuck is danbos blacklabel?

Attached: Screenshot (13).png (1366x768, 1M)

TO HELL WITH THEE

whats a good shoot em up game

all of them

Attached: 1519342014001.jpg (691x612, 61K)

>Indirectly praising Steel Eagle and Saviors.

Attached: saviorface.jpg (1024x576, 79K)

there are none

Attached: 1517743694776.png (205x246, 8K)

Be the change you want to see, user. Make a masterpiece. Or at least just a really damn entertaining shmup

fortnite

bumps

So what happened to that poo revolver update?

Attached: yawe.png (1099x1465, 545K)

go play mars matrix

never ever

Anxious over it, but he's still got 2 weeks to either delay it again or release.

Not that user but can someone spoonfeed me a good emulator preferably for leenoks

Deathsmiles!

Attached: 1520551000227.png (1920x1080, 2.16M)

Read my mind on what to play tonight if this equipment test doesn't pan out.

demul for the dc version, which has far more content than arcade (notably a mode that fixes the scoring counterstop)

Cool.

Attached: 1482615914460.png (827x827, 422K)

Thanks, I remember I tried *some* DC emulator, but had very little luck with it (mainly audio problems, even in the console's menu), but I'll give this one a try

This adapter just doesn't fucking work. Oh well...time to set up for plan B tonight. May my knuckles forgive me.

the farm is so dead these days

what went wrong?

Forums in general seem to have died off. Everywhere I ever went to when I was growing up is either slowed to a

Attached: 55013334_p15.jpg (500x700, 204K)

Some users moved into various IRC channels and Discord circlejerks. Shmups kept dying over and over.

It's a shame, since at least the farm could be Google searched. Whatever discord splitting goes on, you can bet it won't be on search engines.

Playing Deathsmiles with a controller I hate. Going to be a short one tonight because of both a late start and not quite remembering all the nuances I picked up in October

twitch tv waywardsera

Attached: 2d4_ffg.jpg (400x400, 25K)

Attached: 27724441_p0.jpg (1051x1500, 841K)

I feel sleepy.

Attached: 2347694058325.jpg (1841x1929, 1.71M)

>So what happened to that poo revolver update?
danbos a massive self loathing fanny who chugs anti depressants so it'll probs get cancelled.

Attached: 1492488676352.jpg (1200x900, 118K)

hope she has penis

Guwange is shit. It's ruined by catspider and way too punishing chaining.

Cave sucks

cave OWNS bitch!

You have to be extremely mentally retarded to make a stage 3 boss 5 times harder than a stage 4 boss, honestly.

cave is for the big boys

go back to ikaruga punk BITCH

it's shite, its 10x harder than the rest of the game if you go for full milk. Just quit the game like i did, that's what real winning is. They fixed the balancing in blue but its still annoying, but i am absolutely bored to death of the genre so there is that.

>cave is for the big boys
Just because a game is badly balanced doesn't mean it's for "the big boys". Enjoy eating shit I guess

I will still keep playing the game, but I stop trying to do 3 cycles from now on. It's just too annoying.

Attached: hqdefault (32).jpg (480x360, 13K)

No wonder Cave attracts so many 2hu fanboys. You are just as immature as they are.

Touhou has better drawn girls than Deathsmiles

t. little boy

Attached: 1492849935788.jpg (1027x1200, 285K)

imma bet this punk bitch didn't even 1cc to stage 3 but he gotta write about it to show how HARDCORE he is for playing DOJ

game journalists make me sick

Attached: 1514678617806.png (600x418, 177K)

>second sentence into the review
>Ikaruga
DOJ cucked yet again.

ikaruga is the only shmup they know
and space invaders

Shows how good Ikaruga is. Even the plebs know it.

no it shows how good its marketing was and how palatable it's gimmick is.

>marketing
Treasure is a well known company. People just know their games. Has little to do with marketing, they are just a popular company.

>how palatable it's gimmick is
What is this even supposed to mean? It's a good gimmick. Transforming the bullets into pick-up items is a genious idea. Much better than silly collectathons like Battle Garegga or whatever.

Ikaruga is a treasure

ikapooga to autism for me
i prefer just press shoot button and kill everything

That's just how chaining works, in pretty much every game. It requires memorization, but it's very rewarding to combo.

>What is this even supposed to mean?
exactly what it says if you understand english ie that the concept of the gimmick polarity switching is a palatable idea that sounds cool to normies thus it is popular yet less than 1% even learn to play it. No ones talking about whether it's good or not, that's a different argument.

>Treasure is a well known company. People just know their games. Has little to do with marketing, they are just a popular company.
This is derp as fuck, every company is well known because of it's marketing strategy, word of mouth goes so far but doesn't compete with endorsement from major reviewers and such, the reason ikaruga got so big was solely because it was featured in IGN and the like and not because it was treasure or anything else. Get in the real world for fuck sake.

>exactly what it says if you understand english
You didn't even say which gimmick you mean. The game is about more than just switching polarity, but whatever.
Also if something is palatable then this is an indication that it's good, except you have shit taste of course.

>every company is well known because of it's marketing strategy
No, they are well known because they make games many people like. Show me proof that Treasure payed IGN or whatever you are assuming there. IGN just liked their game, simple as that. This is not marketing, it's just people liking your game, you fucking retard.

And Ikaruga also would have been successfull without IGN, because it's a very good game. DOJ looks like it's from the mid-90s, and is only playable by superplayers. It's no wonder the game was not as successfull as Ikaruga.

>hurr Treasure paid IGN
Truely the Varg of shmups. *tips tinfoil hat*

Attached: varg fucken.png (762x464, 583K)

how to stop fapping everyday like crazy

Find other hobbies.

Play vidya until your dick falls off.

Attached: 70c764dbb800db78c307fa0072e234e9.jpg (600x600, 80K)

That mod is covering the fan exhaust vent.

Attached: 1514928804819.png (1200x800, 263K)

Switch is a good stg platform.

Raise self esteem, stop being a victim and slave to primitive desire and start taking control and striving to be better, more controlled and healthier in all aspects, literally just build yourself a person.

>You didn't even say which gimmick you mean.
Polarity is the only unique gimmick in it for fuck sake.

>Also if something is palatable then this is an indication that it's good
Im not going to bother because your thoughts are to simple, palatable means an idea SOUNDS like it would be good ie APPEALING it doesn't mean once you play it you actually love it, this is why lots of players dont like ikaruga because it sounded great but in reality was not.

>Show me proof that Treasure payed IGN
Who said this? It was FEATURED in IGN a major gaming news platform this is MARKETING, how do you think IGN chooses its reviews? Lots of game devs submit their game to major organizations and hope they get taken on and hope the review is positive. AGAIN whether the game is good or not is not being discussed.

>No, they are well known because they make games many people like.
And how did people ever know the games existed in teh first place? oh yeah thats right marketing.....

>And Ikaruga also would have been successfull without IGN
Maybe but never AS successful because exposure plants the seeds of following. Another strong thing that acted as good marketing was the viral double video on youtube by vtf-ino i think?

>DOJ looks like it's from the mid-90s, and is only playable by superplayers. It's no wonder the game was not as successfull as Ikaruga.
It's not popular because it's an unknown niche game thats seen as for super hardcore only that doesn't entice with a palatable gimmick ie something that sounds new. Go watch the IGN review of ikaruga and see the guy focuses massively on "this might look like the same old shooter but MUHHHHH POLARITY WOO" it's the entirety of his case.

Also to add im so tired of arguing with you because you're just like Plasmo ie pedantic as fuck, misses every clear as day point and just engages in wanky semantics and diversion, i have other better things to discuss elsewhere tbqh. You need to learn how the industry works aswell.

>i am not butthurt!

Attached: dsniff.jpg (900x1200, 212K)

one trick pony

t.zero trick pony

>Polarity is the only unique gimmick in it for fuck sake.
Dimahoo already had polarity. Its "shoot 3 in row chaining" is much more unique.

>palatable means an idea SOUNDS like it
ok, i am not perfect at english, thats why i asked too
no need to get so buttflustered

>It was FEATURED in IGN a major gaming news platform this is MARKETING
Its only marketing if treasure actually submitted a copy to them. We dont know that though. They also feature games they dont get copies for free for, you know. Also, akai katana was also on ign, yet nobody cares about it. So, no, marketing has little to do with this.

Ikaruga completely deserves its success. Its an exceptionally well made game. You are just too hipster to acknowledge this.

Attached: 1512939362751.jpg (253x229, 48K)

>Go watch the IGN review of ikaruga
Ikeda himself said that DOJ has no chance against Ikaruga, mainly because it looks outdated compared to it.

u 2

Attached: 1521002541080.jpg (635x600, 94K)

ALIVE!!

>Ikaruga completely deserves its success. Its an exceptionally well made game. You are just too hipster to acknowledge this.
kraut for the last time, no one is debating this at all.

yeah 3d always scores more with westies for sure.

>Dimahoo already had polarity.
true but no one knows of it outside of the community.

>Its only marketing if treasure actually submitted a copy to them.
No by definition all good reviews are marketing but i do suspect they did because it was also localized a few times.

>Also, akai katana was also on ign, yet nobody cares about it.
yeah because it looks like same old thing to normies, it's gimmick isn't palatable and anime is seen as for cringey nerdlingers who fuck pillows and other gay shit so no one in the west with self respect wants to be associated with it.

bump