/xgg/ - Xenogames General #125

USE SPOILER TAGS (Press Ctl+S to make them.)
Please note that Veeky Forums Rule #3 is being enforced.

========== Xenoblade Chronicles 2 ==========
>XBC2 General Spoiler-Free FAQ. Please read it if it is your first XBC game or if you barely started it
pastebin.com/whyaLFk0

>XBC2 Advanced FAQ (Tips, Combat, Quests, Misc, early/mid game and late game separated)
pastebin.com/xr0dT5mq

>XBC2 Blade combo elemental charts
i.imgur.com/JUWNMOw.jpg

>XBC2 Info Doc. Please help contribute
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mKrSAAi_sj8xpt7t8s1JGMRUh4O-e7MxAb2P_g9AWOM/

>XBC2 Multimedia Links
pastebin.com/2gUL5sWK

========== Xenoblade Chronicles X ==========
>XBCX Links pastebin
pastebin.com/BAZBgtWY
============================================

If you have any doc or pastebin for any xeno game, please mention OP and it will be added if necessary.

Previous Thread:

Attached: DTRX5-tU8AA-KPB.jpg (1200x960, 155K)

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/15270504
strawpoll.me/15271151
strawpoll.me/15271158
youtu.be/Hu_q2VnUWLs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Rank the following characters /xgg/:
Party Nopons - strawpoll.me/15270504
Party "Famous" Character - strawpoll.me/15271151
Party Main Character - strawpoll.me/15271158

Attached: 1513850373594.png (1100x500, 516K)

>have to do stupid gay faggot Affinity shit in order to progress in the Old Factory and open the ventilation fan

And here is where I drop this game!

Attached: 1520817484781.png (1039x559, 261K)

>I'm not sure what a harmony talk even is, do you mean heart to heart?
Most likely. I'm playing the game with german sub and harmony talk is a shitty translation of heart to heart. I mean the thingy with the shaking hands icon

Pretty sure most of the faggots here only played XB2. I'd play XB too if the graphics weren't that outdated. I still own my Wii, but seriously.. These graphics m8

agreed. perfect little cones.
something salvaged that gave him a hint about the truth which is why he went to go look
english scientist, american computer, japanese software engineers. it checks out.

Its only between Tora or Riki. Tatsu is dead weight

Tora>Riki>shit>Tatsu
Dunban>Morag>Elma
Shulk>Rex>X MC

What are you bros playing after you'll have exhausted everything the game has to offer? I'm kinda worried since nothing is coming out besides Kirby, which is seemingly a confirmed blunder to begin with.

kirby looks cool, just kind of maybe unengaging like return to dreamland. I'm not sure what it is that's different it's just somehow "oh i'm just going through .. some levels.. the end"

FE Warriors DLC.

Yeah, I figured as much. As I said the actual quest is a completely separate thing and you'll be able to start it only after getting to Tantal. Make sure to collect as many Girl's Talk blades as you can to get the most out of it.

What the fuck does Dunban, Elma, and Morag have in common?

Attached: 1518671656042.jpg (645x729, 80K)

>FE Warriors: clone wars
Tharja being a confirmed clone utterly destroyed any hype I've had left for the DLC.

Probably just Splatoon 2, ARMS and XB2 DLC's until Smash 5 comes out

Bayonetta, Shovel Knight, a LOT of Splatoon and ARMS

Attached: IMG_1405.gif (512x512, 543K)

All three are attractive adults?

Attached: I want to shock that.png (1280x1226, 865K)

>vote for the correct one 3 times out of 3
Feels good man.

I didn't have any hope after Niles ended up a clone. But I already paid for it so I might as well play it.

Nah, it's easier than most Kirbys because the Helpers are too competent and the difficulty isn't adjusted for that. Even on the Challenge mode's highest difficulty, it didn't look particularly difficult
youtu.be/Hu_q2VnUWLs

What do you mean by correct?

uuh....long flowy hair?? morag is the one with the closed eyes, right?

Bayo
Trying to git gud at Splat2
Casual ARMS
Waiting for Smash, TWEWY, and some other niche games.

They're the cool meme characters, vs the goofy meme characters like Zeke, HB and Reyn

The one most people seem to agree upon.

What's your Splat2n ranks user?

Attached: 1490412353970.jpg (677x696, 164K)

X's dumb meme character is obviously meant to be Lin. Not a coincidence all three are tanky bruisers.

damn. easiness isn't what kirby needs
though recently the challenge modes have been punishing and unfair. I guess Superstar was really just a fluke, because really only that and the original NES kirby has ever really been all that good.
but I love them so much, I just keep hoping. and on paper they're doing everything I asked.

Should I be aiming to complete a common blade's affinity chart before releasing them? Is the reward worth the effort?
Seems like a lot of work for common blades.

jesus fuck that's depressing

B's across the board.

Still haven't touched NG+. I can't play a game twice back to back. I'm playing Odyssey now since I never finished it before Xenoblade came out and then I'm gonna dive deep into Splatoon and Kirby. For a couple days since Ni No Kuni 2 comes out next week.
Kirby games aren't hard in the first place. As long as the game is fun I don't give a shit how hard it is.
Grind them on merc missions. If you finish the chart you get the weapon points items which is great if you want to beef up your arts. If you're not into that then don't finish them.

S, S, A in Tower, never bothered with clams.

NOW IT'S REYN TIME TO COOK TATSU

Finishing up Ys VIII and then I'll either pick up BotW or start something else. I don't know.

If they looked like this in the game, I would hate splatoon less.

Low rank shitters detected lol naw just kidding, keep it up and hope you make it to rank S+50/X one day.

Actually kekked, have a (You).

Shooters are quite obviously not my thing, no reason to even try, I'd just end up depressed and angry over nothing.

The really need to do something about that bizarre forehead, it's quite unattractive.

Most competitive games are like that. You're either naturally talented or willing to put in years of practice or you just never get good and move on with the next bandwagon when it starts rolling.

That barely registers though compared to the football head and overall ugly eyes. bodies are fine I guess.

>People hating on Zen's affinity chart
Literally how? It's simple and rewarding
The only problem I had with it was I got her last after having done them all already so it was too easy

Because I dont know where all the bosses are and hate googling all this shit

oh boo hoo.

>Ask for opinion
>Get opinion
>S-Stop crying!!
kys

That there are no games apart from Splattoon and ARMS? I'm working on some PS4 and PC titles as well, don't feel bad

Going back to Zelda. I was playing Master Mode while waiting till NG+ came out. Gonna finish that, but I think I’m good for a while. I thought I was going to blow through NG+ but I end up dicking around more (Only just started Chapter 5)

I mean, Kirby games are meant to be an approachable platformer with a variety of gameplay to keep people interested.

There have been plenty of Kirby games that, while easy, at least kept the player involved and invested. The GBA and DS ones are supposedly pretty good, 64 was slow but had an even wider variety of gameplay and Air Ride is, in my book, the series' BOTW.
It just feels like this one didn't think out how the presence of four on-screen players would affect the difficulty curve with star allies

>willing to put in years of practice
>college and work keep me mostly inactive in local smash scene
>finish college
>work still sucks
>local smash scene fucking dies
>never get to go anywhere for tournies because of work
>still suck at smash all these years later
>plus PM is dead worldwide
Everything I love gets taken away from me.

Not really. I'm specifically trying to gear up and hit 50/S on Spla2n before the 3.0 update hits. There's a ton on the horizon that I'm looking forward to (I hear Tropical Freeze is a godlike platformer despite sounding like some Capri Sun flavor)

Yeah, I feel you on Kirby games being fun and not hard but Star Allies is the boring kind of fun. The kind where your allies literally beat bosses for you. They didn't really seem to adjust the difficulty of the game under he assumption that you'd have 4 fully powered characters on screen

Morag and Dunban at least are both
>Well known in-universe (Dunban as a war hero, Morag as special inquisitor of the empire)
>Agility tanks
>The most mature members of their respective parties
I haven't played X so I don't know how Elma fits into things.

It's called don't use the helpers

She's basically the deuteragonist; if Cross wasn't in the game as the "player character" that everyone explains shit to, Elma would be the protagonist basically

Elma's also an agile war hero and the most mature member of her party.

yeah i miss out on the handhelds
64 is a darkmatter game so it plays like ass but looks pretty and gives you the feels.
how can a racing game be a good kirby

>tfw live 30 minutes away from Xanadu but never got into Smash
Now I'm in my mid 20s and it's too late.

Just started, so am I supposed to not open any random cores on Rex? What do I do with the early game ones?

You keep them

Air Ride, particularly the City Trial mode does an amazing job showing off how to make a 3D Kirby game.
They solve the innate slowness of kirby's movement in a larger 3D environment where forward motion isn't neccesarily obvious by giving you the Stars, the various vehicles in the game. These Stars, alongside his innate copy abilities, combine to let Kirby move quickly over a space while also maintaining the platforming gameplay since each star moves by default but can be stopped and charged for a burst of speed. Everybody Star also had a built in affinity for gliding, which did a good job of replacing Kirby's signature puffing. Given that Air Ride was originally going to be a full 3D Kirby game but got downgraded to a tech demo, it's not crazy to think maybe Sakurai would want to fulfill the promise it had

I'm not really surprised or disappointed by that. I can just gimp myself and not use 4 helpers or get the worst helpers an wail on stuff myself. Both good. I just wanna enjoy the soundtrack and dicking around with Kirby's abilities.
It's only too late because Xanadu is dead. If you want to get into it you can still get into it. The area has a ton of stuff unlike my flyover state living ass. Too bad I'm not closer to Chicago and I hate everyone in the StL community.

Open them if you want. Completing their affinity chart can be very useful

Yeah, it has some interesting challenge modes but the core story mode doesn't seem as fun as the others

but I want to get some useful field skills

Can't you open them on Nia?

Elma is pretty much an Agi tank too.

>two tanks right at the start of XCX

They immediately make clear Cross will be the one to do most of the work.

>old factory
>Tora forced to leave party
>Getting killed by these 3 v 2 Tirkin ganks non fucking stop in an area that's already confusing as fuck to navigate

Now I remember why this series isn't my favorite of all-time any more. Done with this shit

Attached: 1520432069340.png (453x344, 140K)

Why is the XC2 Wiki so useless? No maps, no locations of interest for quests, nothing.
The first game had people theorizing, adding and correcting Wiki entries in the comment section on almost every page. It was an extremely helpful resource during my first playthrough of XC for completing all of the Timed Quests.
I might even learn how to contribute after finishing this game because I find it sad how barren it is.

Attached: Dahlia fixed.jpg (1240x1185, 188K)

(lol wait until you find out what else you rely on as a crutch

>If you finish the chart you get the weapon points items
That's pretty cool actually. I just unlocked my second Merc group, so it doesn't seem like such a daunting task any more.

Consider giving my autism chart a try if you intend to 100% the game.

Attached: Support grid.png (1148x1148, 91K)

Yeah, that was the shit that made me keep Tora in my party permanently. Tirkin dont mess around

Aliance Alive.

soundtrack where

I tried to use it to look up the modifier of a rare blade earlier and they didn't even have that. It's pathetic.

Like, I seriously have NO idea where I'm supposed to go or what I'm supposed to do. This objective map system is just so fucking awful. I get to where the objective says I need to go, and it's just this huge fucking gate. I think I'm done playing this game for a while, holy shit this is infuriating

I actually ended up over leveled for that area from doing side quests so I had to initiate any fights, got complacent and got ko'd by the one who drops a key after Tora leaves the party though.

I've been avoiding leveling up at the Inn since.

Equip tank items on Rex or Nia and try to bust out a chain attack asap

but every 3 feet you need the right element or whatever.
as far as I can tell the problem is the environments look just like they were drawn by someone bored instead of made out of tiles and blocks and intricately planned out

If you got lost there, I'd hate to see you play a lot of other good games with exploration that doesn't hold your hand.

Especially the souls series.

There's some content that's just plain incorrect too.

Tora's not the only one that can quickly kill Ophion. Tora's is still faster though

Attached: XC2 Morag Touch-Me-Not Kill Ophion.webm (1280x720, 2.78M)

Kek git gud m8.

Why muh-rag specifically? Doesn't Rex get a similar art?

I replayed the game four times and I still get kind of lost in that fucking factory, don't feel too bad about it.

>LE GIT GUD FGT STUPID SOYBOY LMAO REKT

Thanks for the helpful responses, /v/ friends. I'm done with this shit game. It's such a shame, since I put 200+ hours into XC1 and 1,000+ hours into XCX. This game just has too many wild goose chases.

While I appreciate the thought I'm not really sure what to do with this? Is it just a support checklist?

I bet you're lying about your hours.

I gave you the main answer: turn Rex and Nia into tank hybrids for that fight

Rex's doesn't hit as many times. Not enough to kill with damage cap.

I'd never played any xeno game before this and didn't have even a fraction of the trouble you're having outside of the barrel decoding bullshit.

Yes, I found it pretty useful while grinding for pic related. Beats having to open the menu a million times.

Attached: Too many friends.jpg (1200x675, 66K)

during the peak of the real internet, voluntary wiki fillouting was top quality. then social media phone bullshit became the big thing and now nobody cares, only autistic kids who edit wiki anymore. the kind who overuse phrases like "it was shown that" or include a bunch of speculation and headcanon or point out whose outfits look superficially alike

Alright I understand, still not sure giving Morag cannons is exactly worth it.

Chill buddy, you lost your tank,make your remaining party members tankier.

Although I'm pretty sure you're a troll at this point since the other games in the series had similar things happen.

This, wiki's used to be really helpful,now it's hard to find a decent guide that ain't from shit like ign or other "gaming" sites (these usually sick too).

Sad really,there's some good guides elsewhere if ya search though.

I'm done for the night. I'm in the room with Tora, Lila and Poppy. And guess what? When I boot it up tomorrow night, I'm still going to spend FIFTEEN FUCKING MINUTES trying to find my way back to the place where I keep getting killed. I might as well just use Youtube at this point. Also, I really like all the locked doors here! A nice touch on an already well-designed area.