/arena/ - Arena FPS General

Whining edition

A place to discuss all of your favorite old-school and modern arena shooters such as Quake Live, Quake Champions, Unreal Tournament, Reflex, etc.

>QCNews
QC Update has moved from February to March 15 (at least devs aim for it), certainly there will be same base speeds/diffrent acceleration values/no hard cap speed across all champions, 2v2 and instagib gamemodes. High chances for crashes to be eliminated from the game. Devs ask as usual to "be patient".
Current patch notes here: bethesda.net/community/topic/186034/patch-notes-early-access-update-25-01-18

>DUSKNews
There will be another DUSKWorld 1v1 Tournament at 28th April. Both EU and NA will have seperate tourneys. How to sign up and rest of details are on NewBlood's Discord channel under #dusk-events tab.
Episode 3 "soon™", DUSKWorld is "still in beta"

>Tutorials
youtu.be/SSNNhUAVRuA
youtu.be/gpir6ZZKmcM
youtu.be/SlCRfTmBSGs
youtube.com/watch?v=pLmuRRm1Bag&list=PLxP7tvMqaXzDjw7OYYIEbplCdZOaHLFPg
youtu.be/f8CP1oSy_-o
youtube.com/watch?v=QRe3g65S4Zs&list=PLgbx1wWCtM2DYy26yCLbtY6A0XRiSEM3u&index=1
youtu.be/n2tdDZWSGy4
youtu.be/dkED2PSrl1c

>QC custom weapon skin showcase, complete with dual wield:
my.mixtape.moe/qebphk.webm

>List of /arena/ fags willing to play Q:C
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1w_r9pS_mV3vAZXwJmb5gM5LB2km77pkAx9s0aGFDxR0/

Deaddy dead

Attached: p4pVzCE.jpg (740x639, 77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

quake.bethesda.net/en/news/3Bf5KyiUaIgym4kAYISgyS
youtube.com/watch?v=2RmQuxJimKY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

when my boy klesk getting in

>Again no mention of QL 125FPS cup
>No mention of Reflex patch 1.2, the largest major update to the game in years, which dropped Sunday
Is this like a trend now? People who make the thread don't know what the fuck is happening in the AFPS world?

Soon™, given some of his facepics were found in the files ages ago and he's directly shown in Keel's trailer.

W-wait what, Reflex 1.2 is out!?
This will bump playercounts for the week, I'll find games while I can

Attached: 1466102611321.jpg (419x304, 13K)

quake.bethesda.net/en/news/3Bf5KyiUaIgym4kAYISgyS
patch notes are up

>Weapon pickups on the map no longer have a cooldown only in Unranked & Quick Play
worry.jpg

>Weapon pickups on the map no longer have a cooldown only in Unranked & Quick Play
YOU FUCKING WHAT

Attached: 1461237159285.png (408x335, 136K)

Why would you play those ugly games when you can play the new qc patch? Lower speeds actually enable you to hit stuff now. Aircontrol like in reflex is unfair and makes dodgin overpowered and ql just needs to die. Can't wait to pick scalebae and run into some fellow jimmys on the new instagib mode. Look forward to my clips of those epic plays when they reach frontpage on reddit #0.6

Oh fucking shit here we go

Attached: 20170924101343_1.jpg (685x1343, 325K)

Now you won't even need to make a RL run on spawn
The floor will be ripe with accumulating, match-wide pickups

Next step: loadouts

>Nailgun
Reload 75ms to 100ms
Knockback 13.5 to 5
In-Air Knockback 15 to 5
>Super Nailgun
Knockback 12 to 5
In-air Knockback 10 to 5
TERRIBLE LIE

>Champion Ability Changes
>Client side hit registration for Sorlag Spit
>Client side hit registration for Keel's Grenades
>Client side hit registration for Clutch's Mining Laser
Guys, Sync is doing the exact opposite of what we want

Attached: 1468305135497.png (478x346, 240K)

>Added 'Matches-left' by the Player in the Match Statistics

Thats what he is known for

>Added Client hitreg for Tri-bolt
>Added Client hitreg for shotgun
>Added Client hitreg for Machinegun
>Added Client hitreg for Gauntlet
>Lag compensated projectiles added with client hitreg for Nailgun

Attached: 1469225417944.png (600x725, 33K)

I thought it already had all these things? God knows I can join a server with 200ms and instantly fire my nails

So, this happened today...

Feels bad to make people salty. I don't want to scare someone off from the game. I even tried chatting with this guy mid match to calm him down. He just kept telling me too fuck off.

We could have been bros...

I'm red, he's blacked out.

Attached: the salt is real.png (517x890, 184K)

Good intention I guess, but when somebody is mad at you and you basically tell him to relax, it wont work. Better to just let those people cool off on their own.

He honestly was a good player. He was right too. I play aggressive - comes from doom 2.

I constantly rushed him even when I was low hp and somehow always rurned the fight in my favor - -constant pressure.

I shouldn't have won 3 times in a row, but I did. He even said it himself in the final match "i'm getting outplayed every time, and you're doing the stupidest shit".

Dude they actually increased the strafe speed for all champs to 2000, and added 2v2 TDM.
It's getting closer to feeling like this is a proper quake game. I might reinstall. Next I want actual weapon model settings, like making it static, transparent, or off. if I could turn weapon models off I would be playing.

>that NIN reference.
my knee grow

So will our guy (guy) be good now?

Attached: visor.jpg (1024x1442, 558K)

sometimes you're just better, or they're playing bad. even though they might be really good, if you're a fraction of a fraction better than them, they almost never have a chance in Q duel.

Cheeki breeki was always good. Even when not good, is good to play to win with only own mechanical skill against the pressing of F to win.

>300 base speed
>slow af acceleration
good luck making use of the new cap

He was good but others were a lot better
I mean good compared other champions which he wasn't before

>It's a "I can't have fun unless I win" episode
This is the kind of person that downloads cheats

QC Patch notes are out.

> Player level is hidden from other players in Quick Play

I'm on to you Bethesda. Trying to use this quick lazy fix to hide that fact this game doesn't have matchmaking. ayy

Fucking hit enter in 4chanx quick reply, my bad...

But yeah, I never thought of that before...makes sense...

we need some good shit to keep arena alive for atleast 500 posts

its mostly angry slavs and russians, and most of them are those who keeps sperging on /r/rQuakeChampions with the "thisgame is ded, imma play QL with cheats" posts thinking that Sync will listen to them.

real shit???

Attached: hunter_from_quake_iii_arena___by_excrem_by_excrem-dc5cxyd.jpg (1000x1000, 504K)

wait until you play, the experience might be better, not worse.

yeah this blew my mind, you mean to be telling me my player-evaporating nails *weren't* being lag compensated? I literally have no idea how to recreate the bullshit we were witnessing if that wasn't already the case.

I knew tribolt wasn't client hitreg, but I assumed it was the only one, because it was the blacksheep of the weapon pool and is already nads in bugs

>lg has even less knockback now

literally a weak piss stream now

Attached: 1411342940355.png (342x316, 256K)

Attached: ChocolateFever.jpg (607x791, 134K)

haha, no I've confirmed that it has matchmaking.

my normal account MMR too high for reasonable qp queue times, my smurf gets a fleet of level 12 scrubs I've never seen before. If I party with a newbie with my high level account and even selecting 2x as many servers, it's immediately 4x longer queues and we get matches with extremely similar player skill distribution on both sides (one guy my skill level, one noob, etc.).

of the things they fucked up, they certainly didn't fuck up MM and MMR. I actually think the assumption people have that the game is dead stems from the aggressive MM and MMR in even qp games, you'll see the same people a lot because they're the same group that matches your skill level, and you never see the noobs or the guys way better than you

>all champions move slower base speed
>all champions accel slower
lower knockback won't even be noticeable

Could be an adjustment to the slower speed and accel values. Hard to say before testing it

WHERE THE FUCK IS SHE, TIM

Attached: 1492005874300.png (545x757, 109K)

lmao who wants her just throw Dragonborn in

Demeanor placid as a lake
Easily the best girl from Quake
Meeting Nyx has changed my life
And there's no doubt that she's my wife!

Has always been top tier in Duel
My heart's an engine; Nyx's the fuel
Nyx is cute, strong and fun
No doubt beloved by everyone!

Of those that badmouth Phase Shift
I must ask: Do you even lift?
Her wall jump will make you shit bricks
Thusly it is with our queen, Nyx!

Attached: Nyx!.jpg (292x265, 27K)

Attached: 1519115034472.png (1100x900, 1.55M)

There once was a skater from LA
Her dick was the size of a freeway
Her testicles throb
As I'm slobbing her knob
She's a girl, so that means I'm not gay

Attached: guess where the fingers go.jpg (907x858, 224K)

I found in a Tau Ceti den,
A Hunter whose tribe hated men
Ironic, of course:
She was hung like a horse
And my ass learned how to take ten

Attached: 1491952170825.jpg (480x770, 119K)

And here I am all alone
Sorrounded by assholes or nuts
Even if I kill them all
It won't be enough to return home

Attached: Proud to serve.jpg (1000x1354, 154K)

2000 (2400 for visor) ups speed cap for everyone really sounds like a good thing to me.
Are the base speed and air accel now the only two factors for how quickly you can go f a s t?
The new hitboxes are also in this patch, right? What about the new gib animations?

Attached: slosh.png (251x447, 56K)

Uncapped (these aren't actually uncapped, the cap is just high) top speeds don't mean shit if it's hard to get there. Which is what they've went with for the next patch
It was already hard to go fast with Visor using the old movement, now you'll need more discrete strafejumps to reach a given speed, so it'll be even harder. Map size/geometry are a limiter, and now you'll be bumping on shit after you barely got started SJing

All these dicks made me go REEE
These boners just weren't for me
My shame unabashed
I crawled back to Slash
Now I've got AIDS and Hep-C

Attached: 1505026620175.jpg (155x155, 21K)

everyone has the same base speed, and there's 6 different levels of movement I think now based upon air acceleration, and its listed as follows

>Everyone normal has 0.8 air accel for strafejumps (the average)
>Visor, best air accel at 1.0 (so best strafejumps)
>Tank air accel at 0.6 (Scalebearer, Keel, Clutch, etc.)
>Air control characters, Anarki and Sorlag, have tank accel at 0.6 to keep them slower with their superior movement styles
>Slash, with crouch slide accel, also has 0.6
>Clutch an exception, can air dodge up to 690/1000 ups (and then strafejump higher to 2000 like everyone else)
>Galena, a special case at 0.75 air accel, so she's just kinda not as fast.

I think doom guy will need the same galena treatment before the day is done. but I mean, we're switching the way all movement is gonna feel in QC tomorrow, so nothing is set in stone and getting all these values adjusted can happen

Yeah, I heard the rumours from the PTS that the accel nerfs were drastic. Can't wait to test it.
Of course high speed caps are meaningless if you can't get anywhere near them but I think they're the right thing to do in principle.

>~3 accel levels
That's good to know.
>so nothing is set in stone
Ye, think so as well. If it's really off, I'm sure they'll change it up.

Attached: wollots.png (532x238, 149K)

Bumping with bulling.

Attached: aea.jpg (715x1920, 406K)

anime is shit

>intentionally getting shot in the back by lg in order to quickly accelerate and leave your opponent in the dust

N U M E T A
U
M
E
T
A

Attached: 1496174618042.gif (540x360, 2.45M)

>all these brainlets talking about "m-muh speed caps, muthafucka" for months on end

please explain to me exactly when you spent significant time traveling around a map at 900ups in a duel

Attached: 92d.jpg (211x239, 5K)

actually that's a good one

Attached: 1515776781404.jpg (251x251, 10K)

I don't like the caps, okay? I want every little bit of strafing to be rewarded with additional speed, even if it's not mega speed. Higher skill ceiling and all that.

i'm more concerned about average speed than a theoretical top speed that's never going to be obtained anyway

Sure, if the speeds will be too slow then it's shit and they should increase the accel. I just like the uncapped model because I didn't like hitting the speed caps so far and I hit speedcaps too quickly and too often for my taste.
youtube.com/watch?v=2RmQuxJimKY
vid related: me on blood covenant

Attached: 1508528862635.webm (960x540, 1.21M)

>goingtothestore.avi

yeah.
it would be cool if they ditched all this strafejumping nonsense and there was just two speed. base speed, used to ADAD and stuff, and then a sprint speed you could reach if you held the shift key down or something. That's a really good idea.

Tim quit fucking Quake up I'm fucking warning you

I want doomguy to rape and marry her.

I'm just pointing out the sheer idiocy of some of the communities' complaints. You have these idiots using the aura of negativity around Quake to share their dumb fucking opinions without anyone calling them out.

except your entire retarded ass comment is a non sequitur, since my caring about having high average speed in no way implies that i think it should be brainless to achieve

i want strafe jumping. i want the game to have high average speed as opposed to low average speed. would you rather have an average speed of 650ups with speed caps of 800 or an average speed of 500 with no speed caps? if you said the latter, then you would prefer a slower game.

i'm absolutely in favor of abandoning speed caps if it leads to a faster average speed. if it doesn't, i'm definitely not in favor of it. with these current accel values i'm skeptical we're going to see an overall faster game.

average speed with strafejumping depends on the layout of the map. acceleration is literally the capacity to gain speed within a short distance. currently rushing +forward into people is TOO EFFECTIVE and unlike any other quake because acceleration is TOO HIGH. acceleration NEEDS to go down. meanwhile, some champs like Keel are just nonviable because to cross a distance like Bridge is just AIDs, but if they allowed Keel to have a higher top speed, he'd just rush your face with an oppressive 300+ stack and nade spam and you WOULD cry tears.

this upcoming change is everything that this game needs in terms of movement. The shorter the distance the average speed is lower, the longer the distance the average speed is higher. You bitching that you can't accel as fast because all you know how to do is rush people down just proves you're nothing but shit and you got a shit opinion. when you get BTFO tomorrow noob charging another spammed choke and you cry and blame movement changes I want you to quit the game and just never come back.

>meanwhile, some champs like Keel are just nonviable
Disregarded entire post. Keel is more than viable, he's strong. Tied with lizer for best heavy

your entire post is nonsensical because QC's accel values are already lower than previous quakes

right, in QL you get close to 500+ in a single circlejump, in QC you get 600+ with ranger. thank you for accurately identifying facts.

I can watch defrag for hours

Why don't you try playing it?

not enough time in my life to try to git gud in yet another thing. I actually just enjoy watching. I can't sit through a 2 hour movie without getting bored but I can watch 3+ hours of defrag in a trance.

patch hype

>been saving loot boxes to unlock new champion
>instead we get shitty easter event shit
Wait so unless you open them all before patch you have to wait untill easter event is over.
fucking nu-id.

GET THAT OVERSHIT FUCKING GARBAGE OFF MY /ARENA/

Attached: get out.png (496x500, 127K)

Can we like, not let this thread die.

patch notes, discuss.

post them then

Learn to read user, or at least F3.

Patchtime sooooon.

fuck patches, i'm going to sleep

OC I'm actually proud of, kinda

Attached: laughingrangers.jpg (680x445, 46K)

K someone else bump it. Im going to bed.

patch looks good, finally some new modes.
now we wait a year for ctf and two for clan arena.

Clan Arena better fucking stay in Quake Live.

>quake
>people bitching about dying to rockets

nigger wat?

hopefully more than two years for ca
hopefully never

HUH

When do the servers go online today /arena/?

h-hey guyz do tribes games count?

Attached: 9d5a45e5db7b57bf3408002bc56bd959_XL.jpg (1200x600, 81K)

>Maintenance: 10AM EST - 2PM EST (2PM GMT to 6PM GMT)
Meanwhile HUH to the rhythm of Sonic Mayhem

Attached: 1503926076891.gif (671x673, 29K)

Huh

Ok, silly shilly, what is this game?
Tribes could be arena shooter (advanced enough movement, projectile based shooting) but it has clear-cut classes so it's like saying TF2 is an arena shooter. It has obvious elements of aFPS but it's not aFPS. This is very narrow and specific genre. When you start to play arena shooter you should feel quite independent of your teammates (in opposition to Overwatch, TF2 or Paladins).

Attached: QuackChampagne.jpg (271x455, 37K)

Sorry I'm not telling you. Jesus fuck.

Name of the game is in the pic sweetie

DYAEUD THAT IS WHAT THAT SAYS.

How do we convert ql players to warsow players?

what