/arena/ - Arena FPS General

Snarelure
Snarelure

Whining edition

A place to discuss all of your favorite old-school and modern arena shooters such as Quake Live, Quake Champions, Unreal Tournament, Reflex, etc.

QCNews
QC Update has moved from February to March 15 (at least devs aim for it), certainly there will be same base speeds/diffrent acceleration values/no hard cap speed across all champions, 2v2 and instagib gamemodes. High chances for crashes to be eliminated from the game. Devs ask as usual to "be patient".
Current patch notes here: bethesda.net/community/topic/186034/patch-notes-early-access-update-25-01-18

DUSKNews
There will be another DUSKWorld 1v1 Tournament at 28th April. Both EU and NA will have seperate tourneys. How to sign up and rest of details are on NewBlood's Discord channel under #dusk-events tab.
Episode 3 "soon™", DUSKWorld is "still in beta"

Tutorials
youtu.be/SSNNhUAVRuA
youtu.be/gpir6ZZKmcM
youtu.be/SlCRfTmBSGs
youtube.com/watch?v=pLmuRRm1Bag&list=PLxP7tvMqaXzDjw7OYYIEbplCdZOaHLFPg
youtu.be/f8CP1oSy_-o
youtube.com/watch?v=QRe3g65S4Zs&list=PLgbx1wWCtM2DYy26yCLbtY6A0XRiSEM3u&index=1
youtu.be/n2tdDZWSGy4
youtu.be/dkED2PSrl1c

QC custom weapon skin showcase, complete with dual wield:
my.mixtape.moe/qebphk.webm

List of /arena/ fags willing to play Q:C
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1w_r9pS_mV3vAZXwJmb5gM5LB2km77pkAx9s0aGFDxR0/

Deaddy dead veekyforums.com/thread/208261050/video-games

Attached: p4pVzCE.jpg (77 KB, 740x639)

All urls found in this thread:

bethesda.net/community/topic/186034/patch-notes-early-access-update-25-01-18
youtu.be/SSNNhUAVRuA
youtu.be/gpir6ZZKmcM
youtu.be/SlCRfTmBSGs
youtube.com/watch?v=pLmuRRm1Bag&list=PLxP7tvMqaXzDjw7OYYIEbplCdZOaHLFPg
youtu.be/f8CP1oSy_-o
youtube.com/watch?v=QRe3g65S4Zs&list=PLgbx1wWCtM2DYy26yCLbtY6A0XRiSEM3u&index=1
youtu.be/n2tdDZWSGy4
youtu.be/dkED2PSrl1c
my.mixtape.moe/qebphk.webm
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1w_r9pS_mV3vAZXwJmb5gM5LB2km77pkAx9s0aGFDxR0/
veekyforums.com/thread/208261050/video-games
quake.bethesda.net/en/news/3Bf5KyiUaIgym4kAYISgyS
youtube.com/watch?v=2RmQuxJimKY
youtube.com/watch?v=d-Dct9H4cbM
youtube.com/watch?v=5gcKDKG_uC4
streamable.com/8rwel
twitch.tv
reddit.com/r/QuakeChampions/comments/8561ye/you_didnt_only_lose_20ups_the_slowdown_actually/
clips.twitchtv/AssiduousFilthyWaffleSquadGoals
bethesda.net/community/topic/196048/patch-notes-early-access-update-15-03-18
veekyforums.com/thread/208998130/video-games

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

when my boy klesk getting in

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

Again no mention of QL 125FPS cup
No mention of Reflex patch 1.2, the largest major update to the game in years, which dropped Sunday
Is this like a trend now? People who make the thread don't know what the fuck is happening in the AFPS world?

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

Soon™, given some of his facepics were found in the files ages ago and he's directly shown in Keel's trailer.

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

W-wait what, Reflex 1.2 is out!?
This will bump playercounts for the week, I'll find games while I can

Attached: 1466102611321.jpg (13 KB, 419x304)

likme
likme

quake.bethesda.net/en/news/3Bf5KyiUaIgym4kAYISgyS
patch notes are up

happy_sad
happy_sad

Weapon pickups on the map no longer have a cooldown only in Unranked & Quick Play
worry.jpg

whereismyname
whereismyname

Weapon pickups on the map no longer have a cooldown only in Unranked & Quick Play
YOU FUCKING WHAT

Attached: 1461237159285.png (136 KB, 408x335)

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

Why would you play those ugly games when you can play the new qc patch? Lower speeds actually enable you to hit stuff now. Aircontrol like in reflex is unfair and makes dodgin overpowered and ql just needs to die. Can't wait to pick scalebae and run into some fellow jimmys on the new instagib mode. Look forward to my clips of those epic plays when they reach frontpage on reddit #0.6

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

Oh fucking shit here we go

Attached: 20170924101343-1.jpg (325 KB, 685x1343)

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

Now you won't even need to make a RL run on spawn
The floor will be ripe with accumulating, match-wide pickups

TechHater
TechHater

Next step: loadouts

Emberburn
Emberburn

Nailgun
Reload 75ms to 100ms
Knockback 13.5 to 5
In-Air Knockback 15 to 5
Super Nailgun
Knockback 12 to 5
In-air Knockback 10 to 5
TERRIBLE LIE

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

Champion Ability Changes
Client side hit registration for Sorlag Spit
Client side hit registration for Keel's Grenades
Client side hit registration for Clutch's Mining Laser
Guys, Sync is doing the exact opposite of what we want

Attached: 1468305135497.png (240 KB, 478x346)

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

Added 'Matches-left' by the Player in the Match Statistics

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

Thats what he is known for

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

Added Client hitreg for Tri-bolt
Added Client hitreg for shotgun
Added Client hitreg for Machinegun
Added Client hitreg for Gauntlet
Lag compensated projectiles added with client hitreg for Nailgun

Attached: 1469225417944.png (33 KB, 600x725)

Gigastrength
Gigastrength

I thought it already had all these things? God knows I can join a server with 200ms and instantly fire my nails

WebTool
WebTool

So, this happened today...

Feels bad to make people salty. I don't want to scare someone off from the game. I even tried chatting with this guy mid match to calm him down. He just kept telling me too fuck off.

We could have been bros...

I'm red, he's blacked out.

Attached: the-salt-is-real.png (184 KB, 517x890)

massdebater
massdebater

Good intention I guess, but when somebody is mad at you and you basically tell him to relax, it wont work. Better to just let those people cool off on their own.

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

He honestly was a good player. He was right too. I play aggressive - comes from doom 2.

I constantly rushed him even when I was low hp and somehow always rurned the fight in my favor - -constant pressure.

I shouldn't have won 3 times in a row, but I did. He even said it himself in the final match "i'm getting outplayed every time, and you're doing the stupidest shit".

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

Dude they actually increased the strafe speed for all champs to 2000, and added 2v2 TDM.
It's getting closer to feeling like this is a proper quake game. I might reinstall. Next I want actual weapon model settings, like making it static, transparent, or off. if I could turn weapon models off I would be playing.

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

that NIN reference.
my knee grow

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

So will our guy (guy) be good now?

Attached: visor.jpg (558 KB, 1024x1442)

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

sometimes you're just better, or they're playing bad. even though they might be really good, if you're a fraction of a fraction better than them, they almost never have a chance in Q duel.

StonedTime
StonedTime

Cheeki breeki was always good. Even when not good, is good to play to win with only own mechanical skill against the pressing of F to win.

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

300 base speed
slow af acceleration
good luck making use of the new cap

He was good but others were a lot better
I mean good compared other champions which he wasn't before

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

It's a "I can't have fun unless I win" episode
This is the kind of person that downloads cheats

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

QC Patch notes are out.

Player level is hidden from other players in Quick Play

I'm on to you Bethesda. Trying to use this quick lazy fix to hide that fact this game doesn't have matchmaking. ayy

SniperGod
SniperGod

Fucking hit enter in 4chanx quick reply, my bad...

But yeah, I never thought of that before...makes sense...

SniperGod
SniperGod

we need some good shit to keep arena alive for atleast 500 posts

its mostly angry slavs and russians, and most of them are those who keeps sperging on /r/rQuakeChampions with the "thisgame is ded, imma play QL with cheats" posts thinking that Sync will listen to them.

RavySnake
RavySnake

real shit???

Attached: hunter-from-quake-iii-arena---by-excrem-by-excrem-dc5cxyd.jpg (504 KB, 1000x1000)

StonedTime
StonedTime

wait until you play, the experience might be better, not worse.

SniperWish
SniperWish

yeah this blew my mind, you mean to be telling me my player-evaporating nails *weren't* being lag compensated? I literally have no idea how to recreate the bullshit we were witnessing if that wasn't already the case.

I knew tribolt wasn't client hitreg, but I assumed it was the only one, because it was the blacksheep of the weapon pool and is already nads in bugs

JunkTop
JunkTop

lg has even less knockback now

literally a weak piss stream now

Attached: 1411342940355.png (256 KB, 342x316)

Flameblow
Flameblow

Attached: ChocolateFever.jpg (134 KB, 607x791)

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

haha, no I've confirmed that it has matchmaking.

my normal account MMR too high for reasonable qp queue times, my smurf gets a fleet of level 12 scrubs I've never seen before. If I party with a newbie with my high level account and even selecting 2x as many servers, it's immediately 4x longer queues and we get matches with extremely similar player skill distribution on both sides (one guy my skill level, one noob, etc.).

of the things they fucked up, they certainly didn't fuck up MM and MMR. I actually think the assumption people have that the game is dead stems from the aggressive MM and MMR in even qp games, you'll see the same people a lot because they're the same group that matches your skill level, and you never see the noobs or the guys way better than you

whereismyname
whereismyname

all champions move slower base speed
all champions accel slower
lower knockback won't even be noticeable

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

Could be an adjustment to the slower speed and accel values. Hard to say before testing it

SniperGod
SniperGod

WHERE THE FUCK IS SHE, TIM

Attached: 1492005874300.png (109 KB, 545x757)

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

lmao who wants her just throw Dragonborn in

5mileys
5mileys

Demeanor placid as a lake
Easily the best girl from Quake
Meeting Nyx has changed my life
And there's no doubt that she's my wife!

Has always been top tier in Duel
My heart's an engine; Nyx's the fuel
Nyx is cute, strong and fun
No doubt beloved by everyone!

Of those that badmouth Phase Shift
I must ask: Do you even lift?
Her wall jump will make you shit bricks
Thusly it is with our queen, Nyx!

Attached: Nyx!.jpg (27 KB, 292x265)

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

Attached: 1519115034472.png (1.55 MB, 1100x900)

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

There once was a skater from LA
Her dick was the size of a freeway
Her testicles throb
As I'm slobbing her knob
She's a girl, so that means I'm not gay

Attached: guess-where-the-fingers-go.jpg (224 KB, 907x858)

w8t4u
w8t4u

I found in a Tau Ceti den,
A Hunter whose tribe hated men
Ironic, of course:
She was hung like a horse
And my ass learned how to take ten

Attached: 1491952170825.jpg (119 KB, 480x770)

Emberburn
Emberburn

And here I am all alone
Sorrounded by assholes or nuts
Even if I kill them all
It won't be enough to return home

Attached: Proud-to-serve.jpg (154 KB, 1000x1354)

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

2000 (2400 for visor) ups speed cap for everyone really sounds like a good thing to me.
Are the base speed and air accel now the only two factors for how quickly you can go f a s t?
The new hitboxes are also in this patch, right? What about the new gib animations?

Attached: slosh.png (56 KB, 251x447)

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

Uncapped (these aren't actually uncapped, the cap is just high) top speeds don't mean shit if it's hard to get there. Which is what they've went with for the next patch
It was already hard to go fast with Visor using the old movement, now you'll need more discrete strafejumps to reach a given speed, so it'll be even harder. Map size/geometry are a limiter, and now you'll be bumping on shit after you barely got started SJing

Spamalot
Spamalot

All these dicks made me go REEE
These boners just weren't for me
My shame unabashed
I crawled back to Slash
Now I've got AIDS and Hep-C

Attached: 1505026620175.jpg (21 KB, 155x155)

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

everyone has the same base speed, and there's 6 different levels of movement I think now based upon air acceleration, and its listed as follows

Everyone normal has 0.8 air accel for strafejumps (the average)
Visor, best air accel at 1.0 (so best strafejumps)
Tank air accel at 0.6 (Scalebearer, Keel, Clutch, etc.)
Air control characters, Anarki and Sorlag, have tank accel at 0.6 to keep them slower with their superior movement styles
Slash, with crouch slide accel, also has 0.6
Clutch an exception, can air dodge up to 690/1000 ups (and then strafejump higher to 2000 like everyone else)
Galena, a special case at 0.75 air accel, so she's just kinda not as fast.

I think doom guy will need the same galena treatment before the day is done. but I mean, we're switching the way all movement is gonna feel in QC tomorrow, so nothing is set in stone and getting all these values adjusted can happen

Snarelure
Snarelure

Yeah, I heard the rumours from the PTS that the accel nerfs were drastic. Can't wait to test it.
Of course high speed caps are meaningless if you can't get anywhere near them but I think they're the right thing to do in principle.

Nojokur
Nojokur

~3 accel levels
That's good to know.
so nothing is set in stone
Ye, think so as well. If it's really off, I'm sure they'll change it up.

Attached: wollots.png (149 KB, 532x238)

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

Bumping with bulling.

Attached: aea.jpg (406 KB, 715x1920)

idontknow
idontknow

anime is shit

Snarelure
Snarelure

intentionally getting shot in the back by lg in order to quickly accelerate and leave your opponent in the dust

N U M E T A
U
M
E
T
A

Attached: 1496174618042.gif (2.45 MB, 540x360)

Bidwell
Bidwell

all these brainlets talking about "m-muh speed caps, muthafucka" for months on end

please explain to me exactly when you spent significant time traveling around a map at 900ups in a duel

Attached: 92d.jpg (5 KB, 211x239)

Spamalot
Spamalot

actually that's a good one

Attached: 1515776781404.jpg (10 KB, 251x251)

JunkTop
JunkTop

I don't like the caps, okay? I want every little bit of strafing to be rewarded with additional speed, even if it's not mega speed. Higher skill ceiling and all that.

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

i'm more concerned about average speed than a theoretical top speed that's never going to be obtained anyway

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

Sure, if the speeds will be too slow then it's shit and they should increase the accel. I just like the uncapped model because I didn't like hitting the speed caps so far and I hit speedcaps too quickly and too often for my taste.
youtube.com/watch?v=2RmQuxJimKY
vid related: me on blood covenant

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

Attached: 1508528862635.webm (1.21 MB, 960x540)

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

goingtothestore.avi

RavySnake
RavySnake

yeah.
it would be cool if they ditched all this strafejumping nonsense and there was just two speed. base speed, used to ADAD and stuff, and then a sprint speed you could reach if you held the shift key down or something. That's a really good idea.

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

Tim quit fucking Quake up I'm fucking warning you

idontknow
idontknow

I want doomguy to rape and marry her.

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

I'm just pointing out the sheer idiocy of some of the communities' complaints. You have these idiots using the aura of negativity around Quake to share their dumb fucking opinions without anyone calling them out.

Flameblow
Flameblow

except your entire retarded ass comment is a non sequitur, since my caring about having high average speed in no way implies that i think it should be brainless to achieve

i want strafe jumping. i want the game to have high average speed as opposed to low average speed. would you rather have an average speed of 650ups with speed caps of 800 or an average speed of 500 with no speed caps? if you said the latter, then you would prefer a slower game.

i'm absolutely in favor of abandoning speed caps if it leads to a faster average speed. if it doesn't, i'm definitely not in favor of it. with these current accel values i'm skeptical we're going to see an overall faster game.

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

average speed with strafejumping depends on the layout of the map. acceleration is literally the capacity to gain speed within a short distance. currently rushing +forward into people is TOO EFFECTIVE and unlike any other quake because acceleration is TOO HIGH. acceleration NEEDS to go down. meanwhile, some champs like Keel are just nonviable because to cross a distance like Bridge is just AIDs, but if they allowed Keel to have a higher top speed, he'd just rush your face with an oppressive 300+ stack and nade spam and you WOULD cry tears.

this upcoming change is everything that this game needs in terms of movement. The shorter the distance the average speed is lower, the longer the distance the average speed is higher. You bitching that you can't accel as fast because all you know how to do is rush people down just proves you're nothing but shit and you got a shit opinion. when you get BTFO tomorrow noob charging another spammed choke and you cry and blame movement changes I want you to quit the game and just never come back.

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

meanwhile, some champs like Keel are just nonviable
Disregarded entire post. Keel is more than viable, he's strong. Tied with lizer for best heavy

Firespawn
Firespawn

your entire post is nonsensical because QC's accel values are already lower than previous quakes

StonedTime
StonedTime

right, in QL you get close to 500+ in a single circlejump, in QC you get 600+ with ranger. thank you for accurately identifying facts.

Evilember
Evilember

I can watch defrag for hours

takes2long
takes2long

Why don't you try playing it?

Spamalot
Spamalot

not enough time in my life to try to git gud in yet another thing. I actually just enjoy watching. I can't sit through a 2 hour movie without getting bored but I can watch 3+ hours of defrag in a trance.

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

patch hype

Methshot
Methshot

been saving loot boxes to unlock new champion
instead we get shitty easter event shit
Wait so unless you open them all before patch you have to wait untill easter event is over.
fucking nu-id.

Firespawn
Firespawn

GET THAT OVERSHIT FUCKING GARBAGE OFF MY /ARENA/

Attached: get-out.png (127 KB, 496x500)

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

Can we like, not let this thread die.

patch notes, discuss.

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

post them then

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

Learn to read user, or at least F3.

ZeroReborn
ZeroReborn

Patchtime sooooon.

Snarelure
Snarelure

fuck patches, i'm going to sleep

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

OC I'm actually proud of, kinda

Attached: laughingrangers.jpg (46 KB, 680x445)

Playboyize
Playboyize

K someone else bump it. Im going to bed.

WebTool
WebTool

patch looks good, finally some new modes.
now we wait a year for ctf and two for clan arena.

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

Clan Arena better fucking stay in Quake Live.

idontknow
idontknow

quake
people bitching about dying to rockets

nigger wat?

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

hopefully more than two years for ca
hopefully never

massdebater
massdebater

HUH

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

When do the servers go online today /arena/?

DeathDog
DeathDog

h-hey guyz do tribes games count?

Attached: 9d5a45e5db7b57bf3408002bc56bd959-XL.jpg (81 KB, 1200x600)

Illusionz
Illusionz

Maintenance: 10AM EST - 2PM EST (2PM GMT to 6PM GMT)
Meanwhile HUH to the rhythm of Sonic Mayhem

Attached: 1503926076891.gif (29 KB, 671x673)

massdebater
massdebater

Huh

ZeroReborn
ZeroReborn

Ok, silly shilly, what is this game?
Tribes could be arena shooter (advanced enough movement, projectile based shooting) but it has clear-cut classes so it's like saying TF2 is an arena shooter. It has obvious elements of aFPS but it's not aFPS. This is very narrow and specific genre. When you start to play arena shooter you should feel quite independent of your teammates (in opposition to Overwatch, TF2 or Paladins).

Attached: QuackChampagne.jpg (37 KB, 271x455)

Soft_member
Soft_member

Sorry I'm not telling you. Jesus fuck.

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

Name of the game is in the pic sweetie

Techpill
Techpill

DYAEUD THAT IS WHAT THAT SAYS.

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

How do we convert ql players to warsow players?

farquit
farquit

what

Snarelure
Snarelure

Yeah man. I watched almost all of zoot's last defrag world cup coverage. Really fucking good stuff.

Evilember
Evilember

youtube.com/watch?v=d-Dct9H4cbM

What´s /arena/ currently watching while waiting for the servers to get back online?

Bidwell
Bidwell

Bumping with some lewd galena

Attached: 1511577587667.png (2.15 MB, 1240x1750)

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

actually nothing related with arena shoota
youtube.com/watch?v=5gcKDKG_uC4

Attached: 1518134254706.png (165 KB, 875x258)

Firespawn
Firespawn

Actually I'm thinking of a thing to keep talking about on /arena/. What do you think of this, /arena/'s aFPS game of the week. We pick one aFPS from any point in time and any platform and if we own it, play it and talk about what it does good and bad. For instance let's say we pick Quake 1 and talk about how the athmosfere is mint, but the actual level design is abit bland. Stuff like that.

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

advanced enough movement

Honestly, autistically looking for optimal cap routes of various types on tribes maps gave me more satisfaction than any movement in quake, including fucking around in defrag for hundreds of hours

farquit
farquit

qc feels pretty fucking slow and is slash slide still fucked?

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

HUH SYSTEMS BACK ONLINE
RESPECT THE PACO

Attached: fungineer.png (3 KB, 24x30)

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

can I fucking post yet

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

Kek, they added a leather cap to Ranger's dumb exposed brain helmet

Attached: improvement.jpg (171 KB, 946x766)

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

Ranger, I...

Attached: gay-slav-cyborg-programmed-to-rail-boipucci.jpg (186 KB, 779x792)

Playboyize
Playboyize

IT's finally back, holy shit.

Inmate
Inmate

everything about this patch is good other than silly easter cosmetics lowering my chances to unpack runes.
The removal of speedcaps has finally matured this game into real quake, I'm moving extremely fast through maps.
I see the flood of tears out there and I just got one word for you: git gud.
Forward accel and bunnyhop interacted extremely strangely with movement, and it made people move fast even when they weren't doing anything more than the shittiest of strafejumps.

I can get 700+ ups throughout sarnath with scalebearer now. It's glorious. these people complaining about moving slow just suck ass.

Emberburn
Emberburn

everything about this patch is good
Base Speed and Accel are too low.
Go to the Forums/leddit(since id does not come here) and express that every character needs at least 320 Base Speed, and a higher accel.
Then this patch is fantastic.

Game is too slow right now, and needs to be sped up a little.

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

this
700 ups as ranger/bj
1200 ups as cykaman with no effort
the only thing that bothers me is clutch starting with 275 FUCKING HP
WHO THOUGHT IT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA
OTHER HEAVIES HAVE 200

5mileys
5mileys

The removal of speedcaps has finally matured this game into real quake, I'm moving extremely fast through maps.
You're moving slower than before. If you're moving "extremely fast" now, it was considerably beyond that before, due to better accel
streamable.com/8rwel

w8t4u
w8t4u

Galena is too lewd. Fuck. I'd kneel and beg for her forgiveness any day.

That aside, how's the patch? Haven't played yet today/yesterday NOW THAT WE CAN POST AGAIN

Firespawn
Firespawn

Go to the Forums/leddit(since id does not come here) and express that every character needs at least 320 Base Speed, and a higher accel.

no, they don't. my whole post was about this shit.

the only thing that bothers me is clutch starting with 275 FUCKING HP

agreed Clutch is still wack. He used to just vacuum up the light armors with his 1100 ups but letting him just start with those light armors for free isn't a real solution

Playboyize
Playboyize

now it looks like he has a black man's skin on his head

girlDog
girlDog

sharing this trash
are you absolutely retarded?
your permission to post has been revoked. don't ever do that again

farquit
farquit

Who says he doesn't
Ranger "Usain Bolt can't outrun my Thunderbolt" Slipgate

likme
likme

Trent "Shub-Niggur? Target's Bigger" Ranger

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

You have to be some sort of insane shill to imply the game got faster
It's so much slower, control of Mega/Red rotation in Duel is now incredibly susceptible to being lost due to the guy you killed getting some spawn luck

Illusionz
Illusionz

yeah if I was shit at the game maybe

idontknow
idontknow

This has been echoed by a number of top players which are certainly far better than you
Only people who act like this patch can do no wrong are shameless corporate shills like Zoot

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

t. can't strafejump for shit
i can reach insane speeds with doomdude and visor
zoot
shameless shill
retard
he's already expressed what was wrong with the current patch

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

Honestly, yeah. I'm Having a great time going at 700 UPS. But QC is still slow despite the removal of speedcaps.
Maybe because of growing up with cpma but it just annoys me that dodging is bad and aiming is insanely important.
A guy who spends 10 hours a day playing FFA will wipe the floor with older players without using their brain at all. You can't counter good rockets/rail in QC.
The movement change just nerfed ADADAD. You will see the LG becoming insane op again. That's the only thing that changed with the accel reductions.
Nothing else. Regular movement is exactly the same.

ZeroReborn
ZeroReborn

That's the only thing that changed with the accel reductions.
Nothing else. Regular movement is exactly the same.
False, air accelerations across the board were lowered. All strafejumping accel is slower than on the patch before the PTS one

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

Doesn't affect people who can strafe jump.

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

nigga you serious
750 ups with 2 jumps

Spamalot
Spamalot

You're mathematically slower now as you accelerate strafejumping. This isn't a matter of opinion
Maybe with a rocket start

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

So what champions have that retarded walk to accelerate bullshit now?
Just ranger and scale?

TreeEater
TreeEater

brainlets got spoonfed by id with noobstrafe jumping
they change it to how it was in vq3
UWAAAAAH THEY BROKE IT ITS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE LIKE THIS BWAAA I CANT FAST MOMMY WAAA

TechHater
TechHater

Clutch and Scale I think

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

Clutch, the original forward accel

exactly

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

ok, strafelet

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

they change it to how it was in vq3
It's not, they broke the function by giving you lower walking top speed (310)
As it is you absolutely will not grow in speed as fast as in vq3 while using vq3 champions

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

mathematically slower
So how come I could only go 520 speeds before patch and now I go 700 speeds.
520 > 700 ? I think I learned maths wrong or some shit

viagrandad
viagrandad

Because now there are no caps. However, accelerating past the old caps is harder now with regular strafejumping, due to lower air accel
I think I learned maths wrong or some shit
Evidently you did

askme
askme

Base speed has never affected straight line strafe jumping. Ever. You would know if you knew how to strafe jump.
What it afects is turning corners with vq3 movement.

Inmate
Inmate

yeah man must be a speedometer bug, i mean 680 ups with ranger? 770 with doomguy? can't be right

RavySnake
RavySnake

Do you want me to record a video of me passing the old speed caps in 2 jumps with every champion?
Maybe that will show you how retarded you are.
If you played the game instead of shitposting you would know.

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

Base speed has never affected straight line strafe jumping. Ever.
It does in the sense that it being lower translates to lower initial acceleration, as air accel compounds on top of it (it's a vector translate to your regular speed vector)
It doesn't it the sense that friction is not calculated on subsequent jumps (I think)
But it absolutely will make your initial circle jumps slower and the such

massdebater
massdebater

Do you want me to record a video of me passing the old speed caps in 2 jumps with every champion?
Yes. I'll wait.

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

making initial circle jumps slower
You don't know how the strafe mechanic works do you.
20 UPS won't make you noticeably slower unless you don't know how to strafe

massdebater
massdebater

This guy obviously just started playing and is trying to meme the new patch's superiority because he missed the boat and didn't get to play the older, better version of QC (which still wasn't that hot)
Everything he's said so far are insulting diversion attempts and factually incorrect shit
If you played the game instead of shitposting you would know.
You obviously just started playing QC, you lying fuck

Nojokur
Nojokur

So our guy ranger only has strafe jumping?

Attached: 1503785193418.jpg (298 KB, 960x720)

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

Alright, I'll do some in a couple hours, not at my PC rn.
You're replying to sarcasm.
It's really funny.

JunkTop
JunkTop

The "bunny hopping" passive and forward accel were removed. But strafejumping is not as it was in CBT. The game is quite a bit slower now, play it for yourself and you'll see
Also CPM champs like Anarki and Sorlag move a bit differently now
You won't do shit because you're a liar who just started playing

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

being this hypocritical
new player calling others new
I'm og QC player xd
what is this quake 3 shit, it's not real quake.
real god tier players are the ones that played QC since beta.

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

I remember last patch every champion other than visor felt like shit which put me off
I felt while the current patch could be faster its not as bad as people make out, but then again I've been a visor main since last patch

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

everyone on Veeky Forums is 1 person
Newfag

Inmate
Inmate

the fuck follows a simple cycle
1. play game
2. suck
3. declare "I don't suck this game is shit!"
4. shitpost to defend himself
5. don't play game

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

True. Some people are just too retarded.

SniperGod
SniperGod

You're the most inferior person in this thread, though. Like, on a human level

SniperWish
SniperWish

can't strafe jump
go on internet
ID MAKE IT EASIER BWAA BWAA
MOM I CANT FAST AND ITS THE STUPID DEVS FAULT UWAAAAAA
I DONT WANT TO IMPROVE I WANT THE GAME TO BE EASIER BWAAHH

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

Jesus Christ, shut the fuck up
Leave this thread and go lie and shitpost somewhere else, you subhuman piece of filth

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

Visor feels slightly different than pre-PTS but I have to say, he's one of the champs that feel the best to move as. His air accel is the only one kind in line with the old "feeling"
I feel bad for Clutch mains. Not that he's ruined but the sanicness is over

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

no argument
knows he's full of shit
all that's left is insults
pathetic

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

try to accelerate up the stairs
instant 950 ups

cum2soon
cum2soon

You obviously didn't play the old versions of QC yet you've been lying and implying you know shit for like a hour now
Just go away, nobody believes you

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

BWAA I HAVE NO ARGUMENTS FUK U
LEAVE MY THREAD UWAAAAAH
I CANT PROVE YOU WRONG SO I CALL U A RETARD XDDDX
IM SO SMORT XDDXXDDfFLOoolo
But honestly, just get on the game and play. Going fast is easy, you just need practice. But if you cry like a braindead retard, don't expect anything but "git gud".
Calling people new when you have like 200 hours is also funny as fuck.

RavySnake
RavySnake

you're talking to one person
adorable
i've been playing since closed beta, faggot

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

What? They explicitly removed that bug
Jesus Christ SHUT UP you lying, shitposting mongoloid

w8t4u
w8t4u

Read again, quaketoddler.
Playing since beta is like learning how to juggle with 3 and then telling others who do 7 juggle that they suck.

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

fucking try it for once you drooling fucking moron

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

based on time between posts earlier, there's at least 3 anons telling another user movement is fine, git gud and learn to strafejump

Gigastrength
Gigastrength

Whats the best settings for fps now?

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

Or a brainlet with Veeky Forums pass/proxying to spoof captcha cooldown

likme
likme

BWAA SHUTUP I CANT TAKE THE TRUTH
IM GOOD AT THE GAME I SWEAR
EVERYONE HERE IS SHIT AND IM A GOD
Get real, moron.
You're nothing you shitter. Nothing. Worthless.
Post your elo, oh wait you're unranked because your ego is so fragile you only play unranked.
Fuck off kid.

StonedTime
StonedTime

I thought I told you to stop lying and leave this thread?

Inmate
Inmate

imagine being this delusional and paranoid holy shit

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

Post your elo.
Your posts are just trash without proof.
I played since beta
And guess what niggerfaggot, we played since QW.
Cease posting until you post your elo.

viagrandad
viagrandad

Your posts are just trash without proof.
Yours are even more worse, lacking the same proof you ask and full of blatant lies about the game
And guess what niggerfaggot, we played since QW.
Who the fuck is "we"

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

Lol this retard "LEL GET GOOD FAGGOT" not realizing that even fucking rapha, a fucking quake god is saying its too slow.

Rapha would turn you over and assfuck you in game, and he disagrees with you.

Shut the fuck up, faggot. you're wrong.

eGremlin
eGremlin

We
Did you just admit to mass samefagging/shitposting?

Attached: I'm-not-saying-I-did-it,-but-I-could-have.jpg (22 KB, 380x416)

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

Attached: 271.gif (1.45 MB, 288x198)

idontknow
idontknow

We

Attached: 1474053858102.gif (76 KB, 417x417)

Soft_member
Soft_member

ebic samefag mdude

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

All I want is Quake champions to be popular so I can play it for the next 5~10+ years.
Can we please make that happen?

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

To switch weapons do you use numpad or mouse wheel?

viagrandad
viagrandad

All it would take would be a SDK. I wouldn't count on Bethesda to keep it alive past like a decade (the next Quake will assuredly be out by then, and QC is "games as service"), but a few autistic fans could maintain the project
We'd need a dedicated server tools for starters
Numbers and free keys around WASD

Soft_member
Soft_member

this last 16 hours has been without question the most fun I've had in Quake in a very very long time. I can lose and still feel fantastic, which is a QC first. That feeling comes from a lack of feeling the game was "unfair". When I get destroyed I can recognize that I'm getting destroyed fair and square. 2v2 ranked feels like a genuine gaming experience that gives me a rush. Beyond that even the casual modes are loads of fun, hearing the announcer still ringing out medals because I have no speed cap on Scalebearer is a special gaming experience, and I'm even enjoying Sacrifice for the first time ever, which is crazy because I had resigned to hate Sacrifice in its entirety. Zoning out and emptying the head in instagib is like meditation, I'm very happy with the inclusion of the game mode. I just ended my last games now at 5:00 AM by styling on people with Slash, relearning her slides to be absolutely sanic was extraordinarily rewarding,

Just the fact that you can reliably destroy people charging you with rockets with SSG now is oh so perfect, or that you can punish careless people with HMG. The tactics, movement, weapons, basically the whole gameplay is feeling so complete.

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

I use mouse buttons.

Attached: 9QBQ2I1[1].png (100 KB, 930x763)

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

pretty smart, never gonna disrupt movement this way. I use 12345qer myself

TechHater
TechHater

never gonna disrupt movement this way.
This doesn't disrupt movement... this does the opposite.

This makes it so you never have to take your fingers off WASD+Crouch/Jump/Walk.

You do realize that when you take your fingers off WASD keys to weapon swap or use your ability, you temporarily inhibit movement.
That's why a mouse like this is an interesting choice. Because it allows you to never have to move any finger away from a potential input.

Why would you ever think this would disrupt movement?

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

Just the fact that you can reliably destroy people charging you with rockets with SSG now is oh so perfect
Netcode feels the same as the last few patches, I'm not sure what you mean by "now"
It's not as bad as that one patch who introduced 1 out of 5 rockets being duds but it's still much worse than before all their client-side malarkey was added
Best netcode for QC was the one from early CBT, when it was basically just QL's netcode. Before Tim decided everything must be client-side

Attached: n-not-like-I-wanted-that-200-damage-anyways.webm (2.83 MB, 1280x720)

eGremlin
eGremlin

a fellow leftie?
i use del/end/pgdn for rockets/lg/rail, numpad 5 for tribolt, mouse buttons for ssg/hmg/gauntlet

massdebater
massdebater

learn to read and grammar
never going to disrupt movement this way [(implied) you've bound weapon switch]
I even started my post with a compliment, I called you pretty smart. Now, regrets.

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

Best netcode for QC was the one from early CBT, when it was basically just QL's netcode. Before Tim decided everything must be client-side
No it wasn't.
It was far from QL netcode, and the reason why the changed away from the netcode they originally had is because people cried and bitched and screamed like banshees at the delayed rocket launches.

So they went to try to find solutions to rockets not immediately exiting the launcher.

Turns it its because of the server only side rocket behaviors.
so they had to go adjust things to please the rocket launcher crybabies.
And then we ended up with this no reg shit they had to rework the netcode to get rid of over the course of 9 months.

The newcode now is pretty damn good. It's incredibly well responding.
And I personally haven't seen no reg rocket in months.
I have no idea when this clip was taken but, it's got to be fairly old at this point, because shit like this just doesn't happen anymore.

ZeroReborn
ZeroReborn

Oh... sorry context was kinda weird on that post.
Mybad user.
Also sort of a conditioned reaction. people see the buttons and go "THAT MUST BE SO AHRD AND USELESS AND IT WILL MESS UP AIM AND ITS ALREADY SHIT EVEN THOUGH IVE NEVER USED ONE."
People do this, every fucking time I post about this mouse.

But good on you for seeing so quickly how useful it is.
You took no time to see the potential. Literally a minute after my post.

eGremlin
eGremlin

It was far from QL netcode
It was highly similar, unpredicted projectiles, predicted hitscan. Not sure about the cutoff latency, but I would bet it was around ~80ms (same as QL) because much more than that is pushing it for Quake
Turns it its because of the server only side rocket behaviors.
Because a discrepancy between client and server in their Frankenstein's monster of a netcode
so they had to go adjust things to please the rocket launcher crybabies.
And then we ended up with this no reg shit they had to rework the netcode to get rid of over the course of 9 months.
Their "solution" for it was trusting the client unconditionally. And according to yesterdar's patch notes, they moved even more things to full client-side
It's fucked, not only it makes it easier to cheat, it makes dodging projectiles on reaction all but impossible even with similar latencies

likme
likme

Rapha says the game is slow, but you're too dumb to understand why he says that.
It's not the strafe jumping speed, or the air acceleration.
The game is slow because they nerfed ADADAD (again) and made rocket dodging harder.
The game is slow because it's aim intensive, and dodging is completely irrelevant.
CS is slow because its aim intensive, and dodging is completely irrelevant.
THAT's why rapha says it's slow. Not because of strafe jumping being """""harder""""" (just git gud retard).

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

Dude, dont.
You know fucking right well that it was nothinglike Quake live's netcode.
It was fucking SABER's netcode.
It's SABER's engine and it started with SABER's netcode.

Jesus fucking christ if you're going to be retarded, go to reddit and be retarded.

MPmaster
MPmaster

Galena's totems are fucking cancer in instagib
Its bad enough in regular modes but instakill mines are enough to ruin the whole experience

Attached: 1504731016658.jpg (43 KB, 324x367)

Emberburn
Emberburn

using RPG mouse for FPS
look at the tech-retard here LMAO

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

This fucking retard doesnt even know the context of the clip in which rapha says the game is slow
Neck yourself user. You're wrong, so end it all.

FastChef
FastChef

problem 1:
there was no cutoff latency
problem 2:
all projectiles were delayed by exactly your latency
problem 3:
CBT had router-crashing upload levels due to debug data being sent with every packet sent with every frame
problem 4:
servers were shit and unreliable
problem 5:
people couldn't tell if it was netcode or hitbox fuckery, half the weapons were 1 pixel wide projectiles/hitscan area, hitboxes had "holes" in addition to being precisely matched to the overly skinny models

easier to cheat
this is completely stupid, you have no idea what you're talking about. everything is verified server-side. That's why you still have latency delay on damage marker.

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

Not aware that this mouse has a top tier FPS sensor in it.
Not aware that mouse shape and size is perferential
Thinking one type of mouse applies to only 1 game type
To retarded to understand the potential of constant and unrestrained access to weapons and movement.
It's not an RPG mouse by the way user. IT's an MMO mouse. RPGs don't need all the extra buttons. but MMORPGs do.

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

problem 2:
all projectiles were delayed by exactly your latency
How is that a problem. That's what we've been asking for since months ago

TechHater
TechHater

No body wants latency delayed projectiles, you fucking retard.
That's what started this problem in the first fucking place you small brained chimpanzee.

DeathDog
DeathDog

You can easily lift code between engines, that's how programming works
The current movement code for "vq3" characters is lifted 1:1 from QL, down to the dot product
It's why people have been warning them 310 base speed won't work to recreate the intended movement, but 320ups will
I don't think any dev ever confirmed the early CBT netcode was a direct lift form QL, but the idea was the same: Predicted hitscan (hopefully up to a point), unpredicted projectiles
Absolutely we do, it ensures SNG and rockets are actually dodgeable on reaction and not just with guessing

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

i don't like how the game feels after the patch but at least performance was improved. A lot.
and reddit is full of crybabies.

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

intellimouse and mx518 are eons better than razershit. hell even zowie shit is better.

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

Exactly. The game got slower in terms of battles and battle movement. Not in terms of moving fast from A to B.
You can hit 500UPS with 2 jumps, and you can consistently hit 650-700 in long straights or with sorlag and anarki.

Attached: ranger-hop.webm (2.95 MB, 1280x720)

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

When it comes to mice with top tier sensors, it only ever comes down to minor preferential features.
Like weight, grip style, and button distribution.
I had a Logitech G5, then a RazerDeathAdder, then switched to a Naga.

Naga Trinity has an amazing sensor and super flexable capble and very very nice grip and ergonomics.
For me, its an amazing mouse.

Just because you don't like a company, doesn't mean they don't make something that's got fantastic performance.

Pro players use Deathadders for a reason. They put the deathadder sensor in this mouse. It doesn't become a "shit" sensor just because its in a different body.

Deathadder sensor, unparalleled ergonomics, extensive utility. Perfect mouse for me.
The only complaint I have is that it is a very heavy mouse, but I have an ultraslick mousepad so it's not at a big deal.

I like it more than my deathadder.

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

I'm not a vq3 player but even I can easily exceed old speed caps with a couple hops.
Strafe jumping got harder, not slower.

Attached: bj-hop.webm (2.96 MB, 1280x720)

happy_sad
happy_sad

That's visibly slower to get to 520 than previously, on both webms
However, you can get past the old speed cap
You look at the top speed and think the game got "faster" but sadly it's the short term speeds that count in combat, because every shot has knockback and you're always stopping and restarting movement against people

JunkTop
JunkTop

What is this supposed to show? You passed BJ's speedcap only in the fourth jump lmao
Don't tell me you're the liar, subhuman user who said he could do it in two:

takes2long
takes2long

by visibly you mean 0.3 seconds?
I'm pretty sure you missed my first point. The game got slower because the movement in-combat is slower. It's harder to dodge rockets, ADAD is slower. Obviously you're not going to fly at 700UPS in combat.
Also since I'm absolute trash at strafe jumping I can't really get 500+ with 2 hops, which would be completely doable.
640 in 2 hops
I dont think you could even do that with the old movement lmao.
The fact that sorlag can maintain 600+ movement speed (just like anarki could in all previous patches) just says volumes about how the game isn't 'slow' in terms of movement from A to B.
In terms of combat, yeah. The game is starting to sink to CS:GO levels here.

Attached: sorlag-hop.webm (2.97 MB, 1280x720)

MPmaster
MPmaster

640 in 2 hops
You hit 640 on the SIXTH jump, counting the initial circlejump
Blind or brainlet?

Attached: 1466661991747.png (3 KB, 186x186)

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

reading comprehension

5mileys
5mileys

I dont think you could even do that with the old movement lmao.
Blind or brainlet?

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

No dude, fuck you
The whole thread this denial of reality, these attempts at diversion - and IPs still at 31 since then
There's no way you're not the lowlife liar user from before
I know you just started playing QC and you're afraid you might have missed a far better iteration of the game, but you don't need to take to blatant lying to misrepresent the game
Who could look at webms of Ranger taking 7 SJs to 640 and BJ taking 6 and say it was in "2 hops"
Just stop. STOP
Except the liar user was claiming he could exceed the cap in two, but noticed he couldn't and now he's showing these webms in an attempt to prove...Something?

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

IPs was 30 before nirah posted webms, idk what's your problem dude.
The whole thread this denial of reality
you're mad dude
everyone on Veeky Forums is 1 person
go shoot up a school or something

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

Can you bridge to rail with ranger? That should clear it

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

With some buildup, yes
From starting on the edge close to heavy and getting in there? I don't think so, maybe with a nail jump. I've been watching 2v2s and that's what people do to do B2R on short notice

JunkTop
JunkTop

woa, hopefully there's more players on QL now that qc is so slow it's unplayable.

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

aiming is insanely important
in a competitive skill-based fps

what a travesty

likme
likme

Not him, but one of the fun aspects of Quake it's that it's basically a first-person 3D platformer with shooting. In which movement is almost as strong as shooting

Methnerd
Methnerd

To add credence to the "first-person 3D platformer with shooting", statement, look at the robust trickjumping community the series has spawned
Other FPS don't have that shit, and the ones that do use modifications to make the movement more like Quake (like surf maps in CS)
That a mod like Defrag can exist is testament to the appeal movement autism has to a good number of Quake fans

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

You are pretty shit at strafing jimmy.

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

That's all fine and good, but aim is still very important, as it should be. I'm nervous about any change that purports to make aiming matter less in any fps, Quake or not.

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

It will never not be an FPS, but they seem to want QC to be less of a platforming/trickjumping game

Sharpcharm
Sharpcharm

I never found vq3 movement to be particularly exciting in that way (in the context of duels, I mean), so I feel like what you're saying really only applies to qw/cpm.

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

it was almost believable until you included the bit about slash

Playboyize
Playboyize

less information in scoresceen, still no damage shown
stutters more
can't hear anything on ruins of shit duel because of the rain effect sounds are too loud
slow as shit movement
I don't understand is everybody being sarcastic, did Tim hire some shitposter to shill for the new patch or is my client just bugged.
This patch makes me want to play some other game way more than the other patches.

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

less information in scoresceen, still no damage shown
What the fuck were they thinking? I seriously hope this is some temporary shit and they don't actually try to justify this change.

Nojokur
Nojokur

pretty shit
I take that understatement as a compliment.
There's offense (aiming) and corresponding defense (dodging).
If one aspect is lacking, the game becomes less fun.
YOU CANT DODGE BRAINDEAD ROCKET SPAM REEE
Case of offense>defense
YOU CANT HIT THIS SHIT ANARKI GETTING 600UPS WITH ONE JUMP REEEE
Case of defense>offense

hairygrape
hairygrape

But rocket spam isn't even aiming, that's why it is spam. I'm not mad if someone hits me with two consecutive directs on account of having good rocket aim.

FastChef
FastChef

Visor's utter dominance in Instagib
They didn't think this through, did they

happy_sad
happy_sad

When your base movement speed is 300, it's very difficult to dodge rockets that were just 'thrown' your way. It's also insanely hard to dodge LG properly, since ADAD completely depends on your accel and max base movespeed.
What ID did is buffing the LG into godhood this patch.

Methshot
Methshot

toxjq agrees that the slash slide stops a bit too early: twitch.tv
/videos/239065994?t=00h23m15s

ZeroReborn
ZeroReborn

What ID did is buffing the LG into godhood this patch.
Let's not get crazy
Sure, it's better - because your targets on average will be moving slower. But every weapon gets a buff from that slower speed
They reduced its knockback, which makes it far harder to get pinned/caught in awkward spots by it
The devs took the "Slash is OP" shitposting too seriously
She was indeed once as strong as pre-crisis Anarki, but she's been hit with a Conga line of nerfs
I do appreciate that people are picking champs other than lights in Duel, though

Firespawn
Firespawn

he needs some swedecuck to say things are shit instead realizing things are shit

viagrandad
viagrandad

Attached: slosh4.png (271 KB, 631x293)

SniperGod
SniperGod

It's more a case of devs seeing how strong Anarki and Slash are in 2v2 TDM and balancing with that in mind, IMO

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

Everybody should have the same stack, same model size and same base movement speed(except q3 to cpm if it breaks balance).
Clutch should be tank because his ability is to shield damage, not because his fucking huge and gets stuck to every invisible bump on walls and has slow base speed.
Trying to force champions into fast/tank category was mistake.

Supergrass
Supergrass

I'm OK with the idea if it meant we got to play with multiple "afps archetypes", but feel they haven't done enough with the idea
There's a homogeneous feeling even between categories. It doesn't feel that different to play as Anarki compared to a "vq3" champion because the game is very permissive with its inputs and you can half-ass some strafejumping with Anarki and never actually learn to bhop
I wish they went full autism and made like a Quakeworld Ranger with Q1's strict as fuck movement input requirements

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

2 losers playing 2v2 @ ttv/xhep

girlDog
girlDog

Everybody should have the same stack, same model size and same base movement speed(except q3 to cpm if it breaks balance).
Lame and gay.

iluvmen
iluvmen

xhep raging again like a monkey
this is great entertainment

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

tfw cooller is out of QC retirement to try ranked 2v2
He'll quit as soon as he realizes there will be no tournaments for it until Quakecon
Anyone know who his partner is?

Attached: 1467762808545.jpg (399 KB, 1601x2150)

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

pls tell me they are going to revert qc back to last patch. I hated clutch but this pretty fucking stupid.

hairygrape
hairygrape

He's not utterly ruined but he went through what Anarki went two patches ago
In a few days people will realize he's still decent in everything but FFA

idontknow
idontknow

I wasn't referring to clutch changes. This March patch sucks and the January patch was better, clutch being op was shitty but still I would rather have January patch than this shit.

eGremlin
eGremlin

that faggot zcuck is streaming
hyping up qc announcements
saying the new patch is good
How much Tim paying to this faggot?

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

refused to cast QL 125FPS cup despite far more viewers than all QC streams
He's got to get something from Tim

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

Announcing the @Quake BEAT Invitational featuring some of the best players in EU! Sponsored by @soylent @AMDGaming & @Twitch
Sponsored by @soylent
so fitting for soyquake

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

o-oh no a streamer isn't blinded by nostalgia and promoting le m-mobaquake!
what a f-fucking SHILL!
god damn you naysayers should be fucking gassed I swear

Attached: 1500975124075.jpg (649 KB, 1703x1731)

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

QL is more alive than QC and is a far more polished game, that's why people think it's scummy
But Tim can't sell cosmetic to QL players so they have to be memed to move to QC

5mileys
5mileys

90% clan arena at peak time is not a live, user.

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

There was nothing else going on Monday and it's over half year since zoot has casted ql and considering how much zoot has casted ql it's kind of weird that didn't want to watch agent play ql but instead streamed some shitty qc tdm when it was happening.
Then again who cares what that faggot does.

Supergrass
Supergrass

stats say otherwise also more polished
maybe because it's been out for almost 20 years? :thonk:

likme
likme

QL has more players
lmao, I'll create a special case in which if it's for a specific gamemode I don't like, it doesn't count
Nice try user
I only like a single gamemode from QC but I don't discount its players from other modes

Emberfire
Emberfire

Then again who cares what that faggot does.
you are the reason afps is dying
zoot has stated multiple times that he got bored of QL, but could still play defrag for hours

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

zoot has stated multiple times that he got bored of QL

Attached: Tim.jpg (19 KB, 220x220)

likme
likme

stats say otherwise
Wut? QL beats QC most days of the week on Steam. Maybe it didn't yesterday as it was a patch day but it will beat it again in like 24h
And Beth Launcher players are lole ~50 t. SyncError

Illusionz
Illusionz

except CA *is* 90% of ql's playerbase
inconceivable, right, how can you be bored of something that remained almost unchanged for 20 years

Gigastrength
Gigastrength

t. never played ql

Firespawn
Firespawn

So? 90% of QC is its detestable scrubby FFA
If I discount the modes I don't like I reduce QC's playercount to like 40 people

ZeroReborn
ZeroReborn

feel free to prove me otherwise

takes2long
takes2long

CA is not even 50% of QL's active playerbase
Like, literally. Look at the server browser (another feature QC lacks)

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

wtf? QL has a shit ton of game modes and you can only play duel, CA and FFA. when the fuck is there ever any TDM or CTF going for example?

Spamalot
Spamalot

playing anything other than duel
Just go back cs or overwatch you dumb shitter

Supergrass
Supergrass

play duel, CA and FFA. when the fuck is there ever any TDM or CTF going for example?
Why is this relevant. This does not affect a statement like "QL is more popular"
This happens to every afps with multiple modes
Finding Sac matches in QC is a crapshoot for example. So is finding Duels at most times of day

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

It's relevant because QL is going to stay this way and with time it's only going to lose even more players. Look, it's a good game but there isn't much point shilling it. At least QC is new, is in active development and has the potential to pull in more players.

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

It's relevant because QL is going to stay this way and with time it's only going to lose even more players
t. headcanon
The same could be said of QC, and I bet not even f2p will make it break 2k players

girlDog
girlDog

QL will reach a player count of 0 in my lifetime

Attached: 1486764689875.jpg (38 KB, 670x503)

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

potential to pull in more players
it has had almost year time to do it but it has failed horribly.
is in active development
the development phase is glacial and the direction they are taking is bad.

farquit
farquit

i dont like it therefore its bad

Attached: file.png (312 KB, 431x450)

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

Wasn't that the argument you used to imply QL's higher playercount didn't matter because there's too many people on CA?

Snarelure
Snarelure

The same could be said of QC, and I bet not even f2p will make it break 2k players

Of course it could but that remains to be seen. I stand by my statement that the potential for growth with QC is there but I admit, I'm not expecting much.

Q1/Q2/Q3, all good games but they are fucking old. People in general just don't care to play old shit, they want the new stuff and the player counts show it. QL compared to QC in this case is a bit of an outlier though but I would be seriously amazed if the numbers for QL wouldn't get lower in a few years.

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

QL compared to QC in this case is a bit of an outlier though but I would be seriously amazed if the numbers for QL wouldn't get lower in a few years.
QL's death has been predicted every year and it never fucking happens
It's like CS 1.6, it will never truly die

eGremlin
eGremlin

Being this delusional
FUCKING LOL.

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

solely because miguels and ivans from their respective shitholes can play it on their 800MHz 256 MB RAM GeForce3 Ti200 machines in 800x600 and still pretend they're being competitive in a game that nobody gives a fuck about

StonedTime
StonedTime

try to play qc
its different than last time again
the only reason i dont play this shit is because its always different

Attached: 1425570830505.gif (1.83 MB, 162x149)

Emberfire
Emberfire

Dev time has actually been pretty fucking fast in their willingness to drastically change fundamental aspects, and they're not afraid to revert changes either with enough feedback.

For all the memeing I'm actually not really mad at their progress, and I have a lot of fun with QC already.

Soft_member
Soft_member

oh no somebody did something I'm stupid to do, he must be lying!
just turn sharply, but not too sharply, in one direction while sliding. If you slide straight or don't slide enough, you'll slow down. If you turn too sharply she stops(just like before). The old left-then-right-then-left slide turn is completely gone.

Don't waste your time if you're a brainlet and leave fast-Slash to me. It's okay, you suck at video games, I don't, done.

Evilember
Evilember

It's changing a lot because fags who can't shut the fuck up about thing not being just like quake live, or the game being "dead" keep getting shit filtered into the game.

Instead of working on new maps and all that shit, they have to constantly rework things to please the quakedads who can't get their nostalgia goggles off their bloodshot eyes.

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

QL's death has been predicted every year and it never fucking happens

Yeah I can agree there but they are pretty much ghost towns compared to their glory days. With CS 1.6 it feels like that even more so since I haven't been able to find any servers from my country or servers with maps I used to like the few times I've booted the game up in the last 2 years.

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

legendary tri-bolt changed so it actually looks different
can actually talk after match ends finally
instagib is fun because the netcode actually works
exploding eggs
breddy gud

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

that tfw when youre not completely garbage at the game

Attached: imSOgayitHURTS.png (219 KB, 1841x715)

Playboyize
Playboyize

thinking your shitty 2vs2 ranking has any value
lol what a faggot

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

Nice sample size

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

Attached: 1450049848091.gif (89 KB, 256x256)

massdebater
massdebater

still not even ranked in duel
when are you killing yourself? a robot recently chose the easy way, please follow by example

viagrandad
viagrandad

you should tell toxjq these secret slash strats so he can be a pro like you, since his slash movement this patch seems like it needs work

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

playing QC duel

Attached: 1001.png (1.6 MB, 1479x1154)

Gigastrength
Gigastrength

thinking anybody cares how some swedecuck gets cucked brainError and Tim dickless
Swedes are so cucked already nobody cares if they are retarded enough to get fucked by nu-id.

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

nice deflection, pussy faggot cakeboy

SniperWish
SniperWish

playing qc

Attached: C.jpg (53 KB, 430x575)

Sharpcharm
Sharpcharm

so hows the new patch? any huge bugs? does it feel better in general, or worse?

RavySnake
RavySnake

it just makes movement worse and aim better.

idontknow
idontknow

game stutters more.
Some deaths lag for some reason even though everybody has under 20 ping.
You can't play duel on ruin of sharnath because the ambient sounds are now way too loud.
Movement in general feels bad, it's harder to dodge and small easy jumps like from heavy to shotgun on blood run feel way harder than they should.
You can't see your death count in dm/tdm scorescreen which is really annoying.

massdebater
massdebater

ignore the autism, the patch is pretty impressive improvement to the game. there's some controversial stuff like how they handled clutch nerfs and 100 damage zoomed rail. People need time to digest those changes to be able to tell if it is good or not.
There's a lot of people complaining about movement. There's the first group, clearly unskilled strafejumpers who were overly acclimated for the easy speed from forward accel and bunny hop and are crying a wave of tears. They're just flat out wrong, they got easy movement taken from them and they can't handle the reality check. I'd like to point that that there were even dedicated anarki mains who cried and cried from the january patch. These people are no different.
There's also those who feel that 300 ups baseline, instead of 310 or 320, is too low for ADAD movement when working to dodge shots. I'm not sure if they're right or not, but they at least have a more valid complaint about movement than the former strafelets. Now interestingly some champions actually went up in ADAD movement speed to go to 300, like Keel, and nobody was really saying "man Keel is so easy to kill with rockets" before the patch, and with the patch also being packaged with a rocket splash nerf, I kinda suspect these people are just pointing fingers at something trying to identify why the game feels "off" to them, usually alluding to the idea that other people are "too accurate. This patch game with significantly better hit reg on Machinegun, shotgun, and nailgun, and even railgun and I do suspect that that has more to do with it than the actual difference of 10 ups while strafing.

In terms of bugs, they fixed a nearly countless number, but I do see more crashes from streamers. (About one crash a night now, versus last patch having virtually 0 crashes a night). There's a couple of extreme esoteric bugs out there, but no huge bugs.

Bidwell
Bidwell

I get way less stutter and very consistent fps since the patch. Agreed that removing the death counter was retarded

I feel like I'm the only person who still feels like something is off about rail. I guess it might just be the differences in my targets but I miss so many fucking rails I'd hit in QL

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

Just played a match of instagib. Fun as fuck but I REALLY wish they didn't nerf the acceleration/movement. I'm certain it can be patched back, and it could certainly be worse, but playing anarki felt slow as fuck.

Methshot
Methshot

dude anarki can still circlejump once to 600+. anarki has the least visible change to movement, because they removed the weird shit from him back in january

DeathDog
DeathDog

There's a lot of people complaining about movement. There's the first group, clearly unskilled strafejumpers who were overly acclimated for the easy speed from forward accel and bunny hop and are crying a wave of tears. They're just flat out wrong, they got easy movement taken from them and they can't handle the reality check.
This is the shit every retarded qcuck keeps spouting.
The patch didn't make strafejumping harder.

JunkTop
JunkTop

Eh, I didn't play him much as I was trying out some of the other champs so I didnt notice.

also rip sorlags butt bounce

Techpill
Techpill

more like THANK FUCKING GOD CROUCH-HOP IS GONE
took way too long.

massdebater
massdebater

just won instagib after posting this

Attached: 1495335578869.png (294 KB, 720x676)

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

i thought they fixed the nailgun? its still everyone running around with nailgun and this isnt fun in the slightest. is it supossed to be this oppressively strong? i dont remember people talking about the plasma gun like this in QL or the previous games

is this just how it is then? going to remain like this?

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

yes
it IS supposed to be oppressively strong.
or maybe just don't play tanky characters.

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

Nails are faster than plasma in ql I think or maybe it's that qc models are bigger than ql models in game?
In qc you can just shoot nails at enemy in close range and it will hit, in ql you have to lead lot even in close range.
In long range side to side spamming you sometimes get pass swipe without getting hit by plasma but I think you will pretty much always get hit by at least one nail.

DeathDog
DeathDog

The DPS is the same at 200 as plasma, but I think all the hitbox to stack ratios in QC make the weapon more effective. The weapon is designed to always own people if shots actually connect, but I personally feel SNG is too effective right now.

Supergrass
Supergrass

there's also the issue of nails being incredibly difficult to see compared to the neon plasma balls

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

well thats no fun then. thats too bad

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

It's changing a lot because fags who can't shut the fuck up about thing not being just like quake live
Do you actually believe this? QL might be the least dead afps, Tim and Sync were not pleased with its numbers. They think QL was too hardcore and that was to its detriment
QC from day 1 has been going away from QL in hopes their idea is true but it won't fucking work because afps are unwelcoming and harsh by design. Abilities didn't change shit for the worse player, the good player also has them

Booteefool
Booteefool

I saw you playing with Xhep and you were on permatilt
And you're STILL abusing lizer, Jesus Christ, though she's a lot more honest now

farquit
farquit

lizer
honest with this movement system

likme
likme

can't find placement matches because not burger or yuro
tfw there's like 4-5 guys who semi-regularly play Duel in my region and I know them all
tfw monkey soup
Sorlag has never been broken. She was close to being broken when she had crouchhop, now she's fine. I'm not even sure if she's better than Keel
Just lrn2rail

Attached: 1491904402726.jpg (62 KB, 448x340)

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

dw, I can't find any duel matches ever, and I'm yuro
30+ min queues make me feel dead inside

DeathDog
DeathDog

Sorlag has never been broken
sorlag's spit literally did double damage and would fire your currently held weapon independently of its internal cooldown for every tick

TreeEater
TreeEater

Sorlag has never been broken.
fuck off nigrah

massdebater
massdebater

This is why afps are dead. It has nothing to do with design elements of the game itself
FPS is the largest vidya genre and people are just afraid to find out they're not that good
Better to go play PUBG and get fraudulent luck kills on "veteran" players because whoever peeks wins

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

I'm not afraid, I just don't want to spend ages in a fucking queue
I'm ready to get my ass beat, but just let me fucking play a match
I managed to only get two 2v2 tdm ranked games before queues began to last more than 15 minutes

Spamalot
Spamalot

She was OK even then. Anarki was so much more busted I didn't mind. Even OG sanic Nyx I'd say was slightly better. And 125HP toothpick hitbox Slash was also better
And back then we had shit like Parkinson's LG. It was a completely different game, and busted as fuck

Attached: 1516778279063.gif (177 KB, 225x225)

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

Fuck off, sorlag has been broken since the start of this shitty game

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

H U H
U
H

RavySnake
RavySnake

raging in instagib

Attached: tenor.gif (167 KB, 220x258)

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

crouchhop faggots say game is shit now
pottery

Emberburn
Emberburn

Pottery?

Attached: pottery-8[1].jpg (53 KB, 832x555)

Techpill
Techpill

Do not Die yet.

Emberburn
Emberburn

but i want to die

Emberburn
Emberburn

Yep. Spamming nails at blood covenant quad when it's spawning from bridge is ridiculous, no one can see or hear them coming.

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

not sure if you're being sarcastic or not

Snarelure
Snarelure

HUH

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

/Ourguys/ list as of 15th March 2018

Visor
Ranger
Slash (male)

/redditsguys/
blowjob
lizer
clutch (duel)
nyx

/nobodiesguys/
anarki
clutch (other)
keel

Attached: Screenshot-36.png (1.99 MB, 715x1079)

w8t4u
w8t4u

Slash
ever as strong as mr. facetank two rockets and inject away

Emberfire
Emberfire

H U H ?
U
H
?

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

Forgot scale who is still stuck in /redditsguys/ thanks to foreward accel
Once that is removed he will be /ourguy/ once again

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

What happened to blowjob?

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

nu wolfenstein is reddit
health regen is reddit
dual wielding is reddit
literally just a worse version of ourguy ranger that is solely played by scrubs

Attached: 1512332837859.jpg (358 KB, 1080x1920)

Nojokur
Nojokur

forgetting doomdude
you need a good fisting

Attached: 1506260052533.jpg (60 KB, 500x542)

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

Well they accidentally added a new mode, lightning gun only mode. I'll guess I'll be seeing you guys next patch..

WebTool
WebTool

le doubletap instakill man
skilled
o i am laffin

idontknow
idontknow

/redditsguys/
scale
blowjob
lizer
clutch (duel)
nyx
doom

Happy now?

Not more skilled just way better
Only a tard would play bj over ranger
Also Ranger is the man of the people so is automatically our guy

Attached: 1513411403907.jpg (26 KB, 450x450)

cum2soon
cum2soon

beta whale orbiter
aight, you're a faggot, opinion discarded

Snarelure
Snarelure

doomfag or bjfag?
also forgot to include hunter in /ourguys/

Attached: 1506680273027.jpg (33 KB, 315x241)

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

doom, bj, ranger, visor and arguably scarborough are the most honest champions
and stop posting this fat piece of shit

happy_sad
happy_sad

"slash is better now"

Attached: 46a.png (97 KB, 645x729)

Snarelure
Snarelure

doublejump
honest in a game about skill based movement
lock on punches with jerky movement
honest in instagib
bj is honest but lame
visor is the ourest
scale has that retarded forward accel
no

Attached: 1506155123233.jpg (60 KB, 590x480)

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

but she's not fat anymore and that makes me sad

Skullbone
Skullbone

t. died to doom a couple of times and bawww it's op

idontknow
idontknow

bless me father for i have sinned

Attached: decent.png (123 KB, 345x237)

Snarelure
Snarelure

yeah and who cares about skilljumps these days anyway? fucking quakedads gatekeeping

Attached: 1503854009934.png (179 KB, 432x504)

Methnerd
Methnerd

DEUGH

Supergrass
Supergrass

let's just ignore the fact that doom also relies mostly on strafejumping
oops haha

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

lets just ignore the fact double jump removes all skill required for every skill jump in the game
whooops silly me

TreeEater
TreeEater

except for when you need to go fast
oops haha

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

damn forgot i cant strafejump, theres not way ill make b2r
nvm ill just jump again

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

keel is mine

FastChef
FastChef

not an argument

JunkTop
JunkTop

Ok - when I read statements from random people over internet about "time id Software takes to output patches for QC" it's getting me sick.
Oh it's not physically possible to release smaller patches unless you want one-liner patch notes
it's gonna slow down the development
it takes more than changing a couple numbers to put out a public build
bullshit.

How can Riot Games release patches every 2 weeks? How can Hi-Rez Studios make patches with even shorter intervals despite being in early access? Just explain me this black magic.

Attached: pala.png (235 KB, 397x792)

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

Anyone got the Ainsley/Keel pic?

Soft_member
Soft_member

which one?

Attached: QUADS.png (741 KB, 850x675)

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

There's only the one right?

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

This one?

Attached: Here-come-the-fireworks.jpg (80 KB, 614x565)

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

there was also second lowres keel based of the leakage from trello.

Methnerd
Methnerd

people are playing clutch in insta because of his laser beam
he's still the size of a fucking apartment building (actually bigger as of last patch lel)

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

or maybe this one

Attached: 9e8cbd532264528afca15d6f82009d54--band-memes-shrug-meme.jpg (17 KB, 500x327)

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

I need to rebuild my portfolio.

Attached: What-is-this-shit.png (613 KB, 903x625)

girlDog
girlDog

GUYS how do i get sqzthot gf

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

step 1: find fat thot
step 2: ?
step 3: profit

Attached: Lucy-Quake.jpg (54 KB, 679x546)

Inmate
Inmate

what about the asian and squeezable parts

FastChef
FastChef

Attached: cinta-adhesiva-transparente-tesa-50mm-polipropileno.jpg (10 KB, 398x425)

w8t4u
w8t4u

these skins might be silly but they're much better than the christmas ones

Attached: pink-pants.jpg (51 KB, 605x558)

RavySnake
RavySnake

Tubular, Doc

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

explain further

Flameblow
Flameblow

Use duct tape to make asian eyes on your fat thot.
Squeezable parts are provided already with being fat thot.

Attached: rango.jpg (32 KB, 462x459)

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

but that's packing tape. you're giving me mixed directions here

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

How can Riot Games release patches every 2 weeks?
Because Riot Games is the largest single game company that supports the most popular game on earth, which also makes the largest income of any single game yearly world wide.

How can Hi-Rez Studios
Because HiRez is working with dimestore level shit on Unreal, and has no real original ideas and simply copypastes other game's ideas.

Snarelure
Snarelure

5 legendary items 4 are shaders all for throwaway weapons and the last one is a champ unlock which turns out to be sorlag i want off this ride now

Attached: 1478490122707.png (280 KB, 394x395)

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

sorbae
bad

askme
askme

man queue times for ranked are nearly eternal
at least they aren't literally eternal like in reflex
or is it active after the update

Skullbone
Skullbone

i want more art of sorlag's blown out asshole

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

or is it active after the update
One or two servers with people. Patch day peak was like 20 players, kek
Reflex is a good game though, and living proof afps fans are shitters that won't support a fully-featured game with the best netcode of any afps

Soft_member
Soft_member

I think there's already Quake Live for that, why pay for a similar game?

King_Martha
King_Martha

ql features brainlet movement

Playboyize
Playboyize

I got matches in 2v2 ranked(queued with a friend) in no longer than 10 minutes at worst. games were all close and matches last 15 minutes, so I consider those pretty good numbers considering the low EA playercount environment

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

Day one it was way easier to find
It's getting harder and harder

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

What are the free goodies the patch splash screen mentioned?

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

Nu movement is awful

Inmate
Inmate

bakcpacks and a reliquary.

ZeroReborn
ZeroReborn

oh, I didn't see any alerts for them, just Twitch stuff

Skullbone
Skullbone

its a cmpafags think their mod is the only true afps shitpost

Attached: 1503962373711.png (183 KB, 700x467)

farquit
farquit

I can't believe they somehow made the spawn logic WORSE.

StonedTime
StonedTime

I've been asking for better spawn logic and rules for months and months. And everytime I do I get some shitstain screaming "BUT ITS ALWAYS BEEN PART OF THE GAEM." "ITS TOO HARD TO DO THEYSUCKED AT IT BEFORE HURDUUR" bullshit.
Simple fucking rules to improve spawns, and people dont even want to try to make it better.
Fuck I hate AFPS players.

RumChicken
RumChicken

git gud scrub, it's the way quake has always been

girlDog
girlDog

spawn logic is just a simple set of zones that checks for allies and checks for enemies. The problem is that the zoning is done poorly and doesn't take into account vertical height, lines of sight, or likely travel velocities of enemies

anyone complaining is totally in the right, because they've given it basically no attention despite some spawns being absolutely insane. Sarnath heavy stair spawn triggers me the most I think. You spawn on a health globe, the closest weapon pickup is 5 seconds away, a person can be in heavy room, running towards your spawn naturally to pick up heavy the exact moment you spawn, and like, what? what? what are you going to do now? You just have to die? The zone isn't even adequately checking for enemies at heavy armor.

SniperGod
SniperGod

Hopy shit, what did I miss that Doomguy is everywhere now again?

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

can't dodge with ad anymore so have to use double jumping and now that everybody is slow you can catch them way easier with berserk.

TechHater
TechHater

apparently I have gotten slayers with B.J.

Attached: B.J-Berserker.png (568 KB, 1920x786)

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

old bug that they fixed, you keep the medals tho

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

champion balance is certainly spot on considering there are zero champion balance complaints even in the most negative groups

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

zero champion balance complaints
slash is unplayable
and regardless the balance is way smaller issue than that nu-id killed the game by making everybody slow as fuck.

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

Who the fuck cares about instagib? To me that's on the same level of boring as CA. Why cant they just put in ctf finally instead of this cookiecutter modes

ZeroReborn
ZeroReborn

Tim thinks that he can get the ql audience with this.
Why is he so delusional?

Emberfire
Emberfire

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Attached: DYbeqIAV4AAoweB.jpg-large.jpg (303 KB, 1920x1080)

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

Attached: 1509172031201.jpg (39 KB, 540x960)

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

soyquake

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

It's fun to play for a bit but it's very dominated by Cheeki Breeki man.

DeathDog
DeathDog

Because instagib is fast as fuck, yet low pressure.
Very good mood and it's laughs and spectacular moments for practically everyone.

It's a great mode.
Also as long as it keeps clan arena away from this game, I'm happy.

And CTF is being held for the "Quake2" update package, aka CTF+Maps+Athena Champion release.

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

how to win any game
pick up super nailgun
hold mouse 1

RumChicken
RumChicken

Attached: 1516475023808.jpg (87 KB, 557x629)

DeathDog
DeathDog

Why isn't warsow more popular?
works with every relevant operating system(windows, mac, linux)
has movement tutorial
server browser and local matches
dash(can wall jump) so you can do more "advanced movement" even if you can't strafejump
doesn't require high end pc, still has consistent and good looking graphics

RumChicken
RumChicken

shittalking the only caster quake has at the moment because he isn't blinded by nostalgia
the absolute state of quackdads
and no, bear in mind that ketchup and mustard don't count

Attached: 1500979050717.jpg (676 KB, 1595x1784)

Booteefool
Booteefool

confirmed paid shill shills
m-m-maybe he likes it
lmao user

Techpill
Techpill

heh yeah man i can post unbacked claims as well LMAO

Evilember
Evilember

Hi zoot, how much does id pay you?

SniperGod
SniperGod

Instagib is fun

hairygrape
hairygrape

can't back up his claim
f-fuck off
pottery

StonedTime
StonedTime

If you don't think that id is putting some money into casters you are just fucking delusional. They already hosted tournament with 1m prize pool.
Tim cuckits has been hating ql pretty openly and clearly sees it as competitor to qc.
It is pretty fucking likely that id has said to zoot that he can't cast ql tournaments.
But stay in your qc hugbox where nothing is wrong, people do things like invest shit ton of time into qc just because "it's fun"(has nothing to do with money) and that fat asshole brainError's vision about the game is just perfect.

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

le cuck
le shill
le hugbox
whatchu gonna pull out of your 'i have no actual arguments' hat next

eGremlin
eGremlin

pql is basically reflex

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

Now that qc is dead you all shitlords can transition to warsow.

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

huh

JunkTop
JunkTop

why not to xonotic?

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

Instagib was always fun, and instagib ctf was legit an amazing mode (and my favorite team mode), both in UT and Quake

Supergrass
Supergrass

/arena/ is sub-diamond bunch of total shitters

Get the FUCK out of Veeky Forums, faggots.

Attached: 1339995346975.png (192 KB, 353x517)

ZeroReborn
ZeroReborn

warsow has pretty much same weapons as quake, xonotic has weird weapons.
you regenerate health in xonotic which I don't like, at least in deathmath.
Personally I like warsows cartoony graphics more. They are clear and high contrast.

Techpill
Techpill

your 2vs2 ranking doesn't mean shit faggot. I bet you don't even play duel.

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

I'm both Diamond in Duel and 2x2, bronze shitter.

Attached: --fujiwara-no-mokou-touhou-drawn-by-shangguan-feiying--744d7cabe12aacc27199aac31746d855.jpg (56 KB, 408x491)

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

that's worse than the tranny acryllicass who cant even strafejump so if you're supposed to be impressing me you arent

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

That's still better than you, fucking bronze shitter who probably didn't even play 10 qualification games because you have no balls you fucking soytrash LMAO

Attached: 1520997403201.jpg (29 KB, 480x480)

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

Duel is the most fun gamemode to watch but the most boring game mode to play. Stupid demon.

Attached: 1520211738884.png (114 KB, 476x444)

Emberburn
Emberburn

lmao salmon you're diamond 2 in duel having lost half of your 21 games and barely diamond 1 in tdm having lost a third with doomshit as the most played champ
get a grip you shitter, jumping op babby trains from nyx to doomcuck and maybe i'll kick your ass when you reach at least 2250 SR

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

oh not to mention you haven't touched duel at all since last time, which means you got lucky with beating some clueless shitters and are now SCARED to lose your shitter rank

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

bronze shitter is obsessed with stalking someone who doesn't even post on /soyrena/

lmao

SniperGod
SniperGod

oh no they found me out
you and your damage control are shit

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

being a creepy stalker and a bronze shitter

Wild combo.

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

completely ignores everything I've said
s-stalker b-bronze haha
holy shit you're so insecure it hurts

Snarelure
Snarelure

dumb reddit poster

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

stalking someone who isn't even in your friend list

Sad obsession.

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

Merem you are the faggot forcing your shitty rank gained by like 10 lucky games here constantly. Nobody cares about you.

King_Martha
King_Martha

bronze shitter is jealous because he'll never get Diamond rank and stalks someone's 1x1 and 2x2 rating every day

Obsession won't make you play better.

w8t4u
w8t4u

i can't play qc in this state
bring back old accel values and base speeds with no speed caps (anarki and sorlag can keep their current accel)
revert slash to being able to actually crouch slide

Techpill
Techpill

leave it, he's a broken record
let him stay in his little land of make believe where he actually matters

Emberfire
Emberfire

bronze shitter loses his mind and starts to samefag

Hilarious.

likme
likme

last i checked your ranks was 2 months ago when you gloated about them in here, you haven't played a game since
got anything other than BRONZE BRONZE BRONZE LALALA IM SKILLED?
because you're scared to play duel apparently

Emberfire
Emberfire

/arena/ bronze shitters will never ever get Diamond

Sad truth.

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

bronze shitter is jealous because he'll never get Diamond rank and stalks someone's 1x1 and 2x2 rating every day
qc is not even real fucking game, it doesn't even fucking belong here. Why the fuck are gloating with your rank in shitty game that's already dead. Come back when you are 2k elo in ql.

TechHater
TechHater

he couldn't even get Diamond in a dead game that is supposed to be "casual" Quake

Lmao.

Illusionz
Illusionz

he couldn't even get Diamond
Never said I couldn't, no idea why anybody would be proud about it.

Evilember
Evilember

Guess all the pros who hated the movement are all shitters.

Supergrass
Supergrass

Fuck off tranbunny

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

soyquake

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

Huh.

likme
likme

Soy.
DELET THIS SOY ADMIN

Gigastrength
Gigastrength

memesalmon getting btfo by jannies
lmao
that reminds me, there's supposed to be a 'matches left early' stat, show yours

Attached: quack-champagne.png (653 KB, 976x628)

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

scalememe pack on steam for $5.99
Isn't scalebear the one with by far the most fucked up movement? That weird acceleration thing

Attached: Screenshot-7.png (1.96 MB, 714x1079)

TechHater
TechHater

scarborough is honest and very fun to play, pretty quick and has the most satisfying ability to kill with

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

I used to main him until they fucked the movement. Does he feel any better this patch?

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

he's the only one with forward acceleration as of the latest update, and since even in previous patches he was controlling like a brick, it doesn't feel much different now, even a bit better actually
and the bullrush damage was buffed, so stuff like this can happen

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

forgot pic like the retard I am
victims were keel and visor

Attached: 20180317203724-1.jpg (769 KB, 1920x1080)

askme
askme

Attached: qc.png (255 KB, 1200x675)

hairygrape
hairygrape

EU shitposting hour passes by
nonstop tears, begging people to play forgotten and dead aFPS
USA hour rolls up
bunch of "git gud faggot" replies

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

USA hour rolls up
thread dies because amerifats don't play quake
every fucking time

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

HUH

Techpill
Techpill

there some sort of internet website that provides the comic issue 3 for free?

5mileys
5mileys

What is your happiest AFPS-related memory, /arena/?

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

making xhep look stupid on his own stream

Lunatick
Lunatick

doesn't he always make a fool out of himself?

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

you have to be extra retarded to fall for 'chase someone through tele and get pummeled' 4 times in a row

idontknow
idontknow

not even gameplay related. guy seems very condescending and full of himself.

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

Look at how cute my waifu (male) is in this splash image. I feel like whoever's making these banners for the Steam update page is having fun.

Attached: 5d6e3ca984f74e7834678156f1efbf2483031b6b.png (242 KB, 643x251)

Nojokur
Nojokur

(male)

Attached: 1519461453209.png (1.55 MB, 1100x900)

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

Attached: access.jpg (26 KB, 201x278)

Inmate
Inmate

I keeping HUHing but Carmack won't answer

Illusionz
Illusionz

DUSKNews
literally no one gives a fuck
can we agree this kind of shilling doesn't belong in the op

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

fuck off Tim, nobody likes you.

eGremlin
eGremlin

yes

hairygrape
hairygrape

even relfex is more relevant and less dead that dusk, why don't you include that instead?
or ql as some user told you last thread
fuck off no one cares about your stillborn game

Snarelure
Snarelure

im the only quake live fag here i guess, i suck balls though

TreeEater
TreeEater

Only 150HP for Scale makes him feel cucked as fuck
Why pick him when you can pick Sorlag which has 175HP and far better movement/active, or Keel which also has 150 but has an amazing active

iluvmen
iluvmen

tfw the cast leaves the fighting aside to joyfully share an easter egg

Attached: 1517652514075.jpg (100 KB, 480x480)

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

because I like roleplaying as a muslim immigrant

Gigastrength
Gigastrength

The worst part is I could see this version of Anarki unironically wearing that hat

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

scalebearer has no idea what the fuck he's looking at
eggkeel is happy to have found one of his fellow shell-humans
anarki is busy trying to get everyone to watch MLP
galena wants to sacrifice it to the Old Ones
slash wants to fuck whatever hatches from it

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

Bearer is hiding his BBC (Big Blue Dick) inside it, like the Dick In a Box skit

RumChicken
RumChicken

Anarki is from the 90s. The MLP that starts the shitshow won't be around until 2010

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

The 90's that Anarki comes from is pretty clearly not the version of the 90's that we know.

RumChicken
RumChicken

So you're saying cyberpunk dystopias accelerate the animation industry?

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

Maybe, maybe not....why this comment reminded me of Crusader: No Remorse and The Conversion Bureau ?

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

Only if they circle jump first.

takes2long
takes2long

The issue is not that DUSK MP is not an afps (it is), the issue is that whoever made the thread shilled Dusk on the OP while ignoring the ongoing QL tournament (largest in years) and the 1.2 patch for Reflex. Both major occurrences for games far more established than DUSK (if arguable in Reflex's case)

iluvmen
iluvmen

doom is faster than slash now

really cool game you got here

Attached: 1520672946919.jpg (81 KB, 960x720)

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

Flipping the bird is overrated.

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

she's not slower, seriously learn to crouchslide

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

seriously learn to crouchslide

you should help the pros with your skills, they could use the tips since i see how shit their slash movement is after the patch

and yes, even fucking doom travels at an average speed that is greater than slash now. excellent game

Sharpcharm
Sharpcharm

did rockets always explode on impact with friendly players in tdm? i don't remember this in old quakes...

Attached: 1516698479750.png (15 KB, 500x500)

Skullbone
Skullbone

yeah I saw them try to "crouchslide" and fail
see how they feel when they git gud a month from now
twerp

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

The inputs are the same they've ever been, though
There's nothing to "learn", you do what you used to do and don't go nearly as fast

Evilember
Evilember

this is why you're retarded.
slide friction is now greater than one, so if you're not by default accelerating while sliding, you decelerate instead.

Sharpcharm
Sharpcharm

so what you're saying is... they took a champion that used to go faster than she currently does... and made her... slower

is this the power of the fabled analytical skills of /afps/? whoa...

Attached: 1515979827724.png (51 KB, 512x367)

girlDog
girlDog

maximum brainlet you are. two changed happened
decelerate if not accelerating
uncap the speed
you can accelerate just as much as before
you can EXCEED 600 ups easily
you CANNOT crouchslide to maintain speed as before

does that get through your thick skull yet? Don't crouchslide in a straight line, see Slash decelerate, and call Slash slow. That just makes you retarded.
You can just strafejump in a straightline to not just maintain speed but gain speed, and crouchslide around corners for more speed.
This wouldn't be confusing if you weren't RETARDED.

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

yes.... Since CBT1...

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

you can accelerate just as much as before
did you even read the patch notes?

consider the following

1)exceeding 600ups is pointless if it takes you forever to do so. previously slash could be at 600 almost instantly in any direction you wanted to go. the fact that she can't do this anymore makes her very obviously much slower than she was

2)have you tried strafe-jumping with slash this patch? have you seen pros try to do it? you're at ~420ups at most after the circle jump, and it takes ~5 seconds to get up to 600 even on fucking dm6 bridge

please enlighten us on how slash is now faster than she used to be after considering both facts above

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

no no, i know they always have in qc, i was wondering if they always did in earlier quakes, since i don't remember it

whereismyname
whereismyname

A tier:
Ranger Visor Nyx Galena
B tier:
Keel
C tier :
Slash Sorlag BJ Clutch
D tier:
Anarki
F tier:
Scalebearer Doom

farquit
farquit

How much longer until Q2 RL?

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

I was going to REEE at you then I saw that's meant to be a instagib tier list
Isn't Clutch busted with the laser or is his barncore hitbox too much of a handicap?

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

The laser's crazy but yeah he's impossible to miss, and he has to be pretty close range. Honestly I never play him though and a lot of the Clutches I face kinda blow.
If I had to revise something on that list I'd probably just combine B and C or move Doomguy to D. It seems pretty shit that Doom has to put his rail away though.

Also wtf happened in pic related, if you look behind the scoreboard you can see that the game gave me first place even though the other guy hit kill limit before me. The announcer said first place when he got the final kill but the screen was red like I lost. Only thing I can think is that he got the kill at the same time as/after the time limit somehow.

Attached: qci.jpg (112 KB, 1196x676)

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

exceeding 600ups is pointless if it takes you forever to do so. previously slash could be at 600 almost instantly in any direction you wanted to go. the fact that she can't do this anymore makes her very obviously much slower than she was

I can't believe I've bothered to spend energy to prove to you how incredibly moronic you are

Attached: shutup-retard.webm (1.08 MB, 1920x926)

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

i-i s-swear to g-god i could get d-diamond g-guys!!

My sides.

being so delusional and obsessed with someone

Your pills.

Nojokur
Nojokur

xhep
Bullied this bald fat retard so hard he had to put a cap on his shiny head.

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

movement whiners btfo

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

you couldn't even maintain it for more than 1 second, lol

meanwhile prior to the change you could stay at an almost constant 600ups so long as it wasn't burial chamber or you didn't hit dead spots. now every maps might as well be full of dead spots

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

movement whiners
Not him, and I hate to link to Reddit, but: reddit.com/r/QuakeChampions/comments/8561ye/you_didnt_only_lose_20ups_the_slowdown_actually/
If you don't notice it, you flat out only started playing QC recently and have no previous experience to compare the new movement though
They broke their own strafejumping function from a lack of understanding, which requires 320 as base speed to work

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

for all of you retarded apologists, here's rapha trying to strafejump with slash and showing how fucking retardedly slow she is:

clips.twitchtv/AssiduousFilthyWaffleSquadGoals

Attached: 1423688058476.png (230 KB, 316x376)

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

Are you joshing me? That is SO much slower than before
Could these webms still be from the original liaranon, who obviously has no fucking idea what the game used to be like and desperately wants to believe this is the best possible iteration of QC because he just now started playing?

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

i find it curious that you continued off the ledge there
could it be that you knew that if you tried to extend your crouch slide toward the exit from mega that you'd instantly drop all speed and be back to snail pace?

Inmate
Inmate

I obviously stopped inputting after the initial slide. I don't even input strafejump after the circle slide. it was the first thing I did in a warmup to show that you can exceed 600 ups in a SINGLE circleslide(I got ~640 at the exit of the circle slide in fact). easily can slide at mega towards T and go even faster

if it's possible for Slash to go above 600 ups out of any circle slide, she is objectively faster than she was before with a 600 ups speed cap, which is why she took a 25 hp nerf.

you guys are literally just crying shitter tears. there's only one cure, git gud.

JunkTop
JunkTop

she is objectively faster than she was before with a 600 ups speed cap
Her top speed maybe. Before, you could hit 600 in two SJs (only Nyx couldn't of the lights)
Don't fall for the siren song of "uncapped speeds", her common usage in combat is slower, and so is everyone else's. Because you're not jumping multiple times in one direction trying to go faster and faster as you fight

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

You're both also forgetting her previous 600 cap only applied to SJing, not to sliding or Plasma Trail
She was much faster before

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

The game was dominated for months by Anarki, Slash and Nyx
I'm fine with them being kept in check, as it's obvious superior movement is one of the best advantages you can have
You're actually seeing the other characters in Duel now, without it always being Anarki, Nyx + whatever

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

top speed doesn't mean jack shit
average speed is all that matters, and everyone's average speed took a very noticeable hit. you could stay near her cap (600ups) in the last patch, and there's no way in hell you're gonna be averaging 600ups moving around the map now, and for actual engagements of course she's massively slower (along with everyone else)

Gigastrength
Gigastrength

you play doom, don't you?

happy_sad
happy_sad

Not very often. Sometimes in Blood Run he's on my lineup when I don't want to use Ranger for that free teleport to Heavy

TreeEater
TreeEater

i figured you were a doomer since you didn't mention his period of dominance, and i found him to be more annoying than everyone else except when anarki was at his height

Lunatick
Lunatick

I just proved in a 3 second video that I can go above 600 ups with a SINGLE half-assed circleslide.

she had a speedcap while sliding normally at 600 regardless. while using plasmatrail her new speed cap was 720 or 780 or something like that. keep spouting incorrect information and prove to everyone that you're just a shitter, please

RumChicken
RumChicken

His "period of dominance" was a bit bogus, as it had to do with LG Parkinson's being fixed and not any change to the character
When one weapon is pushed out of the trinity and RL begins dominating all engagements unchecked, who knew the champion with double jump AKA a boost to your RL usage plus a boost to evading enemy rockets would become a top pick, eh?
All Lights also saw an artificial boost in effectiveness during that period, because it was really hard to LG them

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

I just proved in a 3 second video that I can go above 600 ups with a SINGLE half-assed circleslide.
You can't in a circlejump + SJ anymore, though, which is what I was speaking of in the post you quoted
keep spouting incorrect information and prove to everyone that you're just a shitter, please
Cute coming from the liar who said he could break all old caps in two jumps with the new movement, and has yet to deliver evidence of your bullshit

Skullbone
Skullbone

there are people whomst unironically believe that this patch made any champ faster

confirmed for having not even loaded up the game

Attached: 1509599835573.png (221 KB, 374x376)

DeathDog
DeathDog

if you can ACCELERATE to 600+ ups in a single circleslide, there's no reason her movement speed through a map would be slower unless the person is just bad at movement. plain and simple, there is nothing requiring a player to slow down or fail to get moving other than the player's own faults- running into geometry, poor movement input, getting shot, etc.

Cute coming from the liar who said he could break all old caps in two jumps with the new movement, and has yet to deliver evidence of your bullshit
I'm not even that guy. You guys are crying pathetic crybaby tears over movement when the real issue is you guys just suck ass. Either git gud, or get out. watch the video, ONE circleslide, 640 ups. The only way Slash is slower is either a) you're not crouchsliding at all(since her strafejump accel is lower) or b) you suck donkey dong

idontknow
idontknow

Ranger honest
teleporting honest
Hahahaha nice one.

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

The only reason she's "slower" is because people are using her the same way they did before the patch. Slash's slide is a lot more like Q4's slide now, allowing you to gain and retain speed while curving. Circle slide and keep strafejumping until you need to turn, then circle slide again. You'll see how fast she can be now if used properly.

Nojokur
Nojokur

Slash's slide is a lot more like Q4's slide now, allowing you to gain and retain speed while curving.
What? Q4's slide was used to cap off a strafejump with a bit less friction. It lasted only a few frames
You lose speed FAST while crouchsliding in Q4. Q4's crouchsliding is almost nothing like it. The idea is the same but the function is completely different

Bidwell
Bidwell

there's no reason her movement speed through a map would be slower

there is a very simple reason her movement speed is slower, and that is that she can no longer crouch slide like she could in the last patch
fuck getting over 600, you can't even keep her just around 600 because more than half your slides will just stop abruptly

if you really want to prove us all wrong forever, ill make it really easy for you: load up an empty ruins of sarnath, start at ssg, and show me how fast you can make a loop, going toward nail, then rocket, through portal and toward small armor, down steps to lg room and touch the jumppad back to ssg. on the old patch i could maintain near the cap of 600ups for pretty much the entire route. let's see how well you do now.

of course you won't do that, because you can't. so you can just fuck off instead, and take your retarded apologia with you.

Attached: 1371206417643.jpg (6 KB, 184x184)

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

Explained it a bit incorrectly. I meant that it should be used like Q4's slide. I know how Q4 slide work I'm just saying with the current friction if you don't use it like that you lose more speed than what you gain.

Spamalot
Spamalot

if she's so much faster now, how come pros are saying the exact opposite?

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

At no point did I say she was much faster. I said she can obtain a lot of speed from her slide still, and that you have to change the way you use her.

Booteefool
Booteefool

so if she's not faster, there are two possibilities left thanks to trichotomy of the reals: she's either the same speed, or she's slower. which one is it? be honest, so we can end this conversation with you admitting that i was right all along.

Evilember
Evilember

you can't even keep her just around 600 because more than half your slides will just stop abruptly
only if you're a shitter

Lunatick
Lunatick

well prove me wrong bby :^)

Inmate
Inmate

I honestly think she's slower because keeping up her speed is extremely hard now compared to before. In some maps your slides end abruptly, you're constantly slowing down unless you're only turning, etc. However, you can also get a pretty insane amount of speed from one circle jump. So it depends.

Nojokur
Nojokur

previously slash could be at 600 almost instantly in any direction you wanted to go. the fact that she can't do this anymore makes her very obviously much slower than she was
previously slash could be at 600 almost instantly in any direction you wanted to go. the fact that she can't do this anymore makes her very obviously much slower than she was

Gigastrength
Gigastrength

I honestly think she's slower because keeping up her speed is extremely hard now compared to before. In some maps your slides end abruptly, you're constantly slowing down unless you're only turning, etc.

this is exactly what i've been saying this whole time, and i completely agree

Techpill
Techpill

niggers just watch rapha or tox talk about it on stream. she is very obviously slower

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

Well I mean previously, you could slide forward or backward with some S-shape wiggling, which you can't do anymore. Now if you need to crouchslide in a direction quickly, it had better be roughly 90 degrees away from the direction you're currently facing or you're fucked.

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

NAtards showing how to play a video game

No thanks

Attached: 1384560346279.jpg (62 KB, 1280x720)

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

if you try to move her like she used to move(ie. mindlessly easy but with a speed cap), she's slower. if you adapt to the new friction value and removed speed cap(ie. more difficult movement but no limitation), she's faster. therefore, everyone crying about slash speed is just bad at movement

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

Ranger
instakilling fully stacked champion
fair

Yeah woah so fair.
Especially in a duel.

BJ is just garbage.
Doom is just useful for double jumps, his ability is trash right now.

Now Visor is actually "fair" because he has no bullshit additional damage like Keel or Ranger and can only use his own weapons.
Wallhack gives you the vital info and can change the game but it's not something that just bursts you down with the fucking ability damage on top of weapon damage (the biggest bullshit in QC).

How in the FUCKING HELL they nerfed Doom who could punch you after hitting a rocket but kept Ranger / Keel the same? Both of them do the same shit. Keel fucking destroys everyone in close combat and Ranger can deal at least 100 additional damage with the orb and potentially (with the bigger hitboxes + bigger sphere radius) telefrag you.

Fucking stupid shit.

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

/arenas/ true savior...

Attached: nirahvsnayshun.png (686 KB, 1218x599)

idontknow
idontknow

his ability is trash right now.
He is ability is a bit better now that his 500ups Berserk can catch people more often

DeathDog
DeathDog

Rocket Launcher > Doom's ability.

TreeEater
TreeEater

she's faster

post proof or shut the fuck up

SniperGod
SniperGod

see

Soft_member
Soft_member

Attached: 1480004881411.jpg (165 KB, 640x480)

SniperWish
SniperWish

Game needs to be faster.
320 base speed, at least 5% increase on all accel values.

iluvmen
iluvmen

two days ago it was "revert the changes"
yesterday it was "20% more accel"
today it's "5% more accel"

just admit it when you're wrong, instead of playing at backpedaling and goalpost moving

askme
askme

I dont even know what you're referring to. I posted here for the first time today.
I haven't been here since the god damned Veeky Forums boards were connection timing out.

iluvmen
iluvmen

They WILL revert the changes in some capacity
Everyone is pointing to Sync on discord that strafejumping doesn't work with the values they picked and he, as a programmer will eventually cave in
He may change the way SJing works instead of using the right values, though

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

They WILL revert the changes in some capacity

this. shit is way too fucking slow to not be reverted. we'll probably at least get 320 base again, hopefully see accel bumped up too

Methshot
Methshot

Tbh they should nerf the telefrag range. Just this. Skillful ranger will do telefrag after telefrag which can be bullshit.

Attached: 1506509475867.jpg (66 KB, 480x640)

Methnerd
Methnerd

I dont' think there's a single person who defends the ease of which Ranger get telefrags.

ZeroReborn
ZeroReborn

I don't think it's a problem
9/10 people die to the dire orb splash can complain of "telefrags". It's no different from getting melted by Sorlag's spit
An actual shub slayer (instakill) is rather rare, and if you can do it on a moving opponent that's aware of you, you fucking deserved it

WebTool
WebTool

9/10 people die to the dire orb splash can complain of "telefrags". It's no different from getting melted by Sorlag's spit
It's very fucking different, dumbass.

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

9/10 people die to the dire orb splash can complain of "telefrags
Sorry, meant "and complain of telefrags"
My point is people are getting nabbed for 50-90 Dire Orb splash and complaining about telefrags when it wasn't even one
Just respect the ability. You wouldn't get near Scale to risk an easy tard charge, don't let Ranger land easy Orbs on you

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

Just respect the ability. You wouldn't get near Scale to risk an easy tard charge, don't let Ranger land easy Orbs on you

Cool fucking story except there are really small maps with close quarter combat with no space for maneuvers.
And even on bigger maps like Sarnath or DM6 you will most likely engage in close combat if you want to get mega / red.

iluvmen
iluvmen

The same could be said of suddenly finding a Sorlag in close quarters and having to deal with spit
Find a way around it

Illusionz
Illusionz

tard charge in close range still only does 50 damage after being buffed just days ago.

Snarelure
Snarelure

Only if it's like point blank. A few ups later it already does 100, and a bit past that it does 150

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

Movement isn't dumbed down. But actually the opposite. And its a welcomed and balanced change, esp with Ctf coming soon. The movement is less forgiving. Rewarded for moving well. But I think 310 base is what we will get eventually.

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

Attached: qc.jpg (68 KB, 1200x675)

Sharpcharm
Sharpcharm

limao just play ranger

iluvmen
iluvmen

Sorlag's spit cannot delete you regardless of stack
Ranger can just doubletap at close range and hurdur telefragged

Skullbone
Skullbone

i will never be able to get a boner when a crate glows orange ever again thanks to this update

Attached: 1518044774230.png (250 KB, 500x500)

Methshot
Methshot

LEJENDAREE
anarki pastel shader
duplicate
5 shards received

FastChef
FastChef

opening anything but backpacks while seasonal shit is around
STOP

girlDog
girlDog

Can you jump from bridge to rail like you used to.
The youtube video showing the jump with every champion was done when galena was slow, 300 or 290? With galena it was pretty fucking hard but with ranger or visor it easy.
But now that the acceleration is not the same can you still do the jumps?

cum2soon
cum2soon

ALL I CAN AFFORD IS BACKPACKS AND MY INTERNET IS SO SHIT I CANT LEVEL UP

Attached: 1502383130597.gif (786 KB, 300x168)

w8t4u
w8t4u

I bet it's guaranteed now since there's no speed cap, which has always been the limitation. I haven't been going for the jump with anybody scalebearer and slash, who have unique movement. I know they both can do it just as easily as before.

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

just as easily as before
slash can still do the jump but it's harder because if you slide for too long the friction slows you down too much.
I bet it's guaranteed now since there's no speed cap
not necessarily with strafejumping champs because if you can't get enough speed with one jump, trying to do the jump using 2 jumps on bridge because the bridge is so narrow.

Methnerd
Methnerd

dude. all you have to do is face towards balcony, circleslide to turn around to face rail, and jump. it's feels almost exactly like it was when her speed cap was 680 when it was easier. don't make it complicated.

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

Attached: arena.jpg (515 KB, 1200x799)

happy_sad
happy_sad

I'll be surprised if you can do B2R with one circlejump then a SJ like before.
It may be possible for Anarki

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

get your discordfag circlejerk out of here holy shit

DeathDog
DeathDog

No

Attached: 1501003213784.jpg (436 KB, 1782x1759)

SniperWish
SniperWish

Is QC good yet?

5mileys
5mileys

yes

RavySnake
RavySnake

No, its worse than before

RumChicken
RumChicken

yes. I can share the game with new players and make no excuses about the game now.

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

Not in this.
Well fuck you too user.

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

insomnia and instagib go together hand in hand

TreeEater
TreeEater

soyquake

Attached: soyquake.jpg (103 KB, 610x582)

massdebater
massdebater

BEAT
did they typo BETA?

Soft_member
Soft_member

official QuakeDad status achieved, 15 yo kiddo is the new upcoming frag queen
Took two maps to get her interested, third map she sat next to me, after that I couldn't get her to stop
The new patch with Instagib was perfectly timed as well, normal Quake was too frustrating for her, but without weapons and items she could focus on moving about the maps and shooting people
After 5 hours of playtime she's up to 25-30% accuracy with 20+ frags
I'm so goddamn proud <3 <3 <3

Attached: quakedad.jpg (76 KB, 697x1049)

takes2long
takes2long

Don't let the thirsty sqzthot orbiters see that post

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

I'd ask your daughter out but then I remembered that I'm 27 and engaged

Attached: sweating-duke-guy.png (72 KB, 250x250)

massdebater
massdebater

not fat enough for my tastes, sorry

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

post panties

JunkTop
JunkTop

You better prepare her for the shithole that is the internet and how much it hates female gamers and treats them like a plague.
I like seeing women play hardcore games and get into it, then I remember how much shit they get for just being women and it makes me sad that they probably wont stay playing because of it.

Lunatick
Lunatick

women don't get shat on if they behave like normal people

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

PFFFTTT.
AAHAHAHAHA

You know how much thirst there is out there for anyone who emits even a hint of estrogen online?
And how much insane blowback there is when they just wanna play the game instead of stop and suck someone's dick?

Plus the whole "oh a girl, she must suck" "she's just playing to please her boyfriend" "Go back to hello kitty, X game is for Men!"

That poor girl, she has a hard future ahead of her if she wants to play quake with her pops.

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

which is exactly why i said 'like normal people', and not going 'btw im a grill' each time you join a server
god damn you're a fedoralord memesalmon

5mileys
5mileys

this fucking retard.
You ever wonder why you dont see women playing video games, it's because of people like you.

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

a bloo bloo u dumb retard
nice argument
it's you saying that women can't have fun in vidya online

Emberfire
Emberfire

Attached: file.png (166 KB, 302x402)

Flameblow
Flameblow

are you a girl???

Supergrass
Supergrass

Literally believing this
People become RETARDED when they realise a player is female.

Happy to hear that! I think we all dream of playing some shootan together with our kids when they grow up.

Emberfire
Emberfire

U were rite I reinstalled and I'm having fun with it again, not as fun as reflex but it'll do I guess

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

It'd be the wrong crowd, the kiddo isn't a fat lardcow

It's a difficult life indeed

Not in /vg

You better prepare her for the shithole that is this world
Fixed that for you, both her mom and I made sure she knows life isn't all flowers and butterflies

she has a hard future ahead of her if she wants to play quake with her pops
Her toughest challenge will be the bet we made: she wants to be able to beat me in a 1v1 before she turns 18. I have no doubt that she'll get there, and once she does I'll let this monster loose on the general public. May the Elder Gods have mercy on me for this sin.

'btw im a grill'
She named herself Lillifee and picked Slash with a pink shader :D

Attached: p7916022-d-v8-aa.jpg (565 KB, 960x1440)

Playboyize
Playboyize

Btw I'm a boy

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

fuck off, this general is for gender fluid people

RavySnake
RavySnake

Tfw too old to aim well

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

tell that to voo

MPmaster
MPmaster

Attached: img-1583.jpg (31 KB, 400x300)

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

Go back to your Tumblr blog and never come back here.

Attached: 1453727682958.jpg (245 KB, 1044x770)

happy_sad
happy_sad

Whose idea was to make every champion slow?
It was syncError right?

Snarelure
Snarelure

bu.. bu.. but you only lost 20ups!
I don't understand what kind of retards defend id or the new patch here but they are full of shit.

Attached: qc.png (136 KB, 1024x678)

Skullbone
Skullbone

comic issue #3 where?

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

he should stick to world building and lore stuff.
gameplay decision should be left to people that actually have some sort of common sense.

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

huh

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

While I do like the removal of speed caps I don't think they should have touched the movement speeds, they where fine.

Methnerd
Methnerd

show bobs, i teach how 2 straefjum
open vagene, i give 3 deul win

WebTool
WebTool

your daughter is pretty grown out.... don't post her on the internet please.

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

People have been telling them since PTS strafejumping would break with the new values
Their option here is either use the right values or tweak the code to work with the new ones
Hopefully they don't change the function itself, as the feel is right, just not the accel

takes2long
takes2long

I bet you are a good father user.

MPmaster
MPmaster

pro tiphe isn't

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

I really ain't

Attached: whoop.webm (2.99 MB, 320x936)

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

lg frag
nice
galena
not nice

iluvmen
iluvmen

Xron just beat RAISY to move into the finals
Got 42% LG against RAISY
Spaghetticucks on suicide watch
Zoot all flustered that his incredible bias towards RAISY was crushed

Attached: slosh.png (203 KB, 281x862)

Techpill
Techpill

zoot said
slash is fine
sorlag is bit too fast
kind of funny that nobody is playing sorlag or slash.

Lunatick
Lunatick

THAT TOTEM KILL BY XRON
HE WILL TAKE THIS

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

base takes it
xron xhoked

Attached: 1510599133324.jpg (11 KB, 200x300)

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

I play Sorlag.

girlDog
girlDog

you are not playing on 125fps qc duel cup.

Methshot
Methshot

YOU FUCKING TEACH THAT GIRL HOW TO STRAFE JUMP, RIGHT FUCKING NOW.

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

slash is fine

Attached: 1425352123949.jpg (49 KB, 364x400)

w8t4u
w8t4u

Attached: Clutch-is-learning-how-to-kill-you-faster.png (328 KB, 800x530)

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

Prepare to be the lewdeeeed

Skullbone
Skullbone

prepare to be SUCCed.

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

what a terrible sponsorship. the high testosterone community of quake won't go anywhere near Soylent

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

Is Quake Champions dead? Everytime I open it and try to play a DM or TDM, it keeps searching indefinitely and never finds anything.
When the first beta came up this didn't happen.

Does the matchmaking now only look up for games in your geographic zone? I don't get it.

I have to settle for either UT Alpha that is a broken piece of shit or old QL/UT2004 with the leftover noobs that only play Clan Arena or Freon instead of real gametypes.

likme
likme

nu-quake
high anything

RumChicken
RumChicken

tell me what servers you have checked.

viagrandad
viagrandad

Why did they buff LG? It's too good now
they nerfed LG
No they buffed LG it's way stronger now
they nerfed LG
Stop being a liar I'm dying because of LG, why would they stealth buff LG?
they nerfed LG
lmao look at these qcucks lying. this game sucks I'm uninstalling

massdebater
massdebater

Now that every champion is slower you will take more damage from lg if you try to run away and also ad dodging is less effective.

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

they nerfed LG

Inmate
Inmate

how? It does the same damage.

whereismyname
whereismyname

they nerfed LG

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

(((they)))

JunkTop
JunkTop

That's a very good question, it just connects automatically, I didn't know you could select servers.
Any servers in particular where you know there is activity? I would have to re-install it and check it out.

5mileys
5mileys

Less knockback, much harder to control doom rush, harder to hover. harder to counter guantlet pushes.

idontknow
idontknow

its alive in europe and russia, and only slightly decomposing in the states

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

Yeah my problem is that my latency with Europe and Asia is too high, would be unplayable (+300ms)

My only options for now are US and LA to get good ping.

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

USA quickplay never gets eternal queue times. Slowest it gets is ~10 minute wait at 4:00 AM central.

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

If you like Duel it's been long dead in NA
You need a Duel partner or a pick up crew to enjoy Quake, this has been the case since Quakeworld. Public play usually has people for the first few months, then it becomes a niche

cum2soon
cum2soon

ILL TEACH HER TO STRAFE JUMP ALL OVER MUH DICK

Attached: 1519774759977.jpg (262 KB, 750x844)

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

being this much of a sperg
Seriously bro

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

I'm in socal and I queued up for tdm/DM this morning at like 4-5am and found games

ZeroReborn
ZeroReborn

i can get a match in any game mode at any time of day 24/7 within a few mins (1-2 mins during normal times, up to 4-5 mins during offpeak times)

na est, primarily use iowa, virginia, and dallas servers since those are all the <40 ping servers, but if the queue is long you can toss in some ~80-90 ping euro servers too

takes2long
takes2long

yes east coast has the best quality servers(VA), the best skilled players, and the most players.

Supergrass
Supergrass

sync's world building is also shit, though

cum2soon
cum2soon

well i thought i was going to have to stop playing this game until they reverted the movement changes, but then i realized i could just play visor

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

I'm in the same region, gave up on ranked around midnight Friday night after a 14.5 minute queue searching for both 2v2 and duel. First time that's happened

Nojokur
Nojokur

see

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

Was he unaffected by the change?

TechHater
TechHater

No, but he was less affected than others
He accels while SJing markedly better than someone like, say, Ranger

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

huh

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

How?

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

tfw i actually wasted a few minutes of my life reading the abortion that was the last day's worth of replies in this thread concerning movement changes

did it really take you guys more than 5 seconds of controlling a champion in game to realize that the game is slower for everyone? are you retarded? i'm not asking rhetorically, i want you to literally tell me if you are mentally handicapped so that i can finally know whether i've been inhabiting this thread with actual medically certified retardedfolk

Attached: 1444367964325.jpg (14 KB, 214x233)

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

It's the one demented user who just started playing and wants everyone to believe it got faster because the idea of having missed out on a better iteration of QC is too painful for his pleb ass

Techpill
Techpill

lol i felt the same way reading through that
personally i didn't notice a big difference at first. definitely noticed with slash immediately

Booteefool
Booteefool

I played for 5 seconds I'm an expert on movement
pull the trigger

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

t. the "slash is faster now" user

StonedTime
StonedTime

You think I can't check for samefag? Why are you doing this
You are talking to yourself and did a 180 on your lies out of embarrassment or something
You won't fit in, ever

w8t4u
w8t4u

i'm not sure which one of us you're talking to

cum2soon
cum2soon

are you talking to the "slash is faster now" guy or one of us making fun of him?

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

slash is faster but harder and there's a lot of bad players who'll all be playing Overwatch instead regardless so :shrug:
the hardcore ctf clique knows this harder-movement change was needed.
it doesn't really matter what some shitanon wants to believe. the truth is the truth. just like the reddit hugbox, doesn't matter how many shitters upvote some falsehood, the devs aren't going to act on it

Methnerd
Methnerd

stop
same
fagging

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

lol what a joker

eGremlin
eGremlin

need to raise the monitor or lower the seat
going to get neck problems like that

Inmate
Inmate

it's junk my dude

iluvmen
iluvmen

How?

Spamalot
Spamalot

q:c is a prequel to quake 3 according to sync

happy_sad
happy_sad

huh

Lunatick
Lunatick

god i want sorlag to sit on my face

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

any medium champ that isn't visor is now garbage
they were just starting to shine, god dammit
why would they remove speed caps when only a handful of champs can consistently maintain anything above 700 with cpma movement/sliding?

RumChicken
RumChicken

any medium champ that isn't visor is now garbage
What is Galena

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

What is Galena
A mad mom who reminds you not to take strangers teles

Skullbone
Skullbone

milfs aren't garbage by definition

Spamalot
Spamalot

What's up

TechHater
TechHater

removing bunnyhop on certain characters
WHAT THE FUCK DID I COME BACK TO?

Soft_member
Soft_member

People hated newb assist. They wanted uncapped speed, they wanted true strafejumping and more skill based movement.

idsoftware complied.
This is what we got.

5mileys
5mileys

Just the feature of successive jumps building up speed. Not in the sense like Sorlag and Anarki can do
Honestly, I'm glad it's gone, it was a recent-ish addition and made vq3 characters feel weird
We had "true strafejumping" for months before the patch that added bhop and +forward accel, though. And the current iteration of strafejumping is the most broken and wrong it's ever been

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

Attached: 1516580140262.png (408 KB, 400x581)

Booteefool
Booteefool

It had speed caps and people didn't like that. They wanted to take the speed caps away and start from a conservative point so that it didnt upset the balance of the game.

happy_sad
happy_sad

bhop and +forward accel was the worst. their removal, along with the removal of speed caps, was long overdue. this was a huge and necessary step

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

You will never see no caps + fast old style SJing ever, though. At most permutatiions of this current flaccid SoyJumping
Because that would make the game too hardcore and they believe that makes the game unwelcoming to new players

Bidwell
Bidwell

WAtching a streamer still play scalebearer as if he still has that speedwalking shit.
Do people not read patchnotes or something?

Nojokur
Nojokur

I think he and Clutch kept it
Because it's always been part of their design

takes2long
takes2long

scarborough has forward accel you speedlet

FastChef
FastChef

Scalebearer only got that speedwalking shit from the proceeding patch.
And Scale now is faster strafejumping than walking.
His walk maxes at 500 and trying to circle jump into it doesn't work now either.
You have to walk up do that speed or stop strafejumping and it caps at 500.
He's faster strafe jumping. so there's no reason to speed walk with him anymore.

Skullbone
Skullbone

The champion itself (which was never super good) went to shit. I guess the devs feared the slower speeds would make tard charge ubiquitous (it barely did anything)
150HP and 0 (zero) armor on spawn, he feels like he's made of paper despite being a heavy
Contrast him with Sorlag's 175HP +25 armor spawn, or Clutch's fully stacked spawn
Bearer is marked as "easy" but he's one of the hardest champions to perform well as

hairygrape
hairygrape

scale has 150/50 on spawn, you tard

Nojokur
Nojokur

Not him but 50 armor is really low for a "tanky" champ

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

all heavies with the exception of clutch have 200 hp on spawn

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

no new content
boring shit, dropped

Attached: 1408191618870.jpg (595 KB, 2561x1440)

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

Yeah but they also usually spawn with 75-100.

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

you fuckin wot

Booteefool
Booteefool

Armor not HP

Bidwell
Bidwell

Tfw my movement is so bad I can't tell how the changes affected me

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

??????????????

girlDog
girlDog

normal looking white males
You expected them to be fat and brown or something, mutt?

Attached: amerimutt-photo.png (1.13 MB, 953x1021)

massdebater
massdebater

How do I beat the quakedads bros

w8t4u
w8t4u

Daily reminder that this guy is balancing soyquake

Attached: sync.png (241 KB, 5222x176)

w8t4u
w8t4u

i'm going to bed
i hope i dream of sorg thighs

massdebater
massdebater

I don't play soyquake is that bad?

hairygrape
hairygrape

Good for you. I don't think that anybody can actually "have fun" in QC. They might enjoy one match but there's just so much bullshit that overall experience will always be shit. I think everybody playing it are doing it in hopes that because it's new game it will attract more players, older quakes or quake alternatives suffer from low player counts. QC has already shown that it can't attract new players. Pros will play it for money, some will play it in hopes it will get big. QC will be dead and abandoned in year or so once they stop hosting tournaments because nobody watches them.

Emberburn
Emberburn

i like the game and can have fun in it no problem, even more so since last update removed death counters in quick match so I've yet to see anyone ragequit and can't get angry at people going 3/20

Methnerd
Methnerd

I don't think that anybody can actually "have fun" in QC
then why the ccu went up? I'm having fun playing instagib.

JunkTop
JunkTop

have time to finish warsow dm match while waiting for match in qc
lol

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

Really?

Emberburn
Emberburn

QC will be dead and abandoned in year or so once they stop hosting tournaments because nobody watches them.
Zoot's stream of the QC Sunday Cup hit 800+ viewers
Not amazing contrasted with viewership for LoL or something, but nothing to scoff at either

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

yes
ranked tdm still has death counters

FastChef
FastChef

What are you talking about my dude
Slash is faster than before :^)

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

this but unironically

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

Slash and Anarki are the best champions of this patch.
Everybody is just so bad that they can't see it because they can't move.
SyncError error is so smart. By making this patch he exposed that nobody in QC can actually use "advanced movement".
But don't worry. They will add "classic cpma" for quakedads who can't learn hard movement. You can already already have taste of the classic mode by playing without abilities but of course nobody is playing matches without abilities because QC is much more fun with abilities.

Emberburn
Emberburn

but I'm already zooming around at 800 ups

happy_sad
happy_sad

making movement hard isn't good for the game. the game was better before patch when movement was easier. why make it harder? It just makes it less fun.

Skullbone
Skullbone

DEUGH

Gigastrength
Gigastrength

huh

Methnerd
Methnerd

Has anybody even tried anarki?
That movement is fucking gay.
You can't do precise basic movement because you slide way too much and trying to adad just feels way off.
Anarki makes that humming sound even when he is walking making any kind of trap impossible.
Why isn't there champion that actually has cpma movement? Sorlag doesn't count because her model is just way too big.

Sharpcharm
Sharpcharm

you can not prove this wrong

Attached: qc2v2metaLEMAO.png (1 MB, 1688x1356)

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

FTFY

Attached: fixed-2v2.png (1 MB, 2112x1356)

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

Why would you bother? Duel is the only game mode that matters.

King_Martha
King_Martha

Why is evil not playing in 125fps QL cup?
Agent hitting some mad rails.

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

How do I hit them rails

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

play instagib for 40 hours straight no sleep no drink no food
ull be a god in no time
100% rg

TreeEater
TreeEater

you gotta figure out how to bypass most of your thinking brain and connect your senses directly to your reflexes

RumChicken
RumChicken

yeah because QC doesn't require any sort of thinking. It just makes you a shitter.
raw aim wins you games.
if you played 25 hours a day you could 3-0 rapha without breaking a sweat

askme
askme

huh

whereismyname
whereismyname

I literally just didn't get A SINGLE FUCKING ASSIST from a game of TDM because my teammates were so shit and could never kill the enemies I had damaged

ZeroReborn
ZeroReborn

lel.
Don't delude yourself kid.

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

It's not that bad. Go play CS if you want game where it's literally just and only about aim.

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

random spread
only about aim
user....................

MPmaster
MPmaster

don't play TDM

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

CSGO is tap fire and spray patterns.
Not directly random.

Methnerd
Methnerd

bullet goes somewhere other than the middle of my crosshair
""""aim""""

Attached: 1506087303693.png (46 KB, 178x154)

Bidwell
Bidwell

I mostly meant that any champ that doesn't have cpma movement, slash slide, or clutch can't capitalize off of the speed caps being removed
slash is slow as fuck, but she can get to high speeds and move around with them more than others can

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

Do not die yet

Attached: totem.png (87 KB, 237x367)

Techpill
Techpill

"When combined with abilities, I think it makes sense to slow the game down."

Even zoot, cucksimus shilllord supreme, agrees that the game got noticeably slower. How long until you neck yourself, liaranon?

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

can only certain characters grab ledges in qc? wtf is the point of that?

farquit
farquit

Holy crap - we made it!
almost 750
It's not happening often.

Playboyize
Playboyize

There is no ledge grabbing in QC

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

yes there is, go try it with Keel
it's only on certain champs

viagrandad
viagrandad

Yeah it's mentioned multiple times in patch notes:
For anarki: bethesda.net/community/topic/186034/patch-notes-early-access-update-25-01-18
For Sorlag: bethesda.net/community/topic/196048/patch-notes-early-access-update-15-03-18

King_Martha
King_Martha

What the fuck

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

HU_

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

D_enable 0

eGremlin
eGremlin

Not long before it's time to enter another slipgate..

King_Martha
King_Martha

they were just starting to shine, god dammit
what is doomguy

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

le balanced unga bunga teleport instakill you man
le balanced airborne 95% of the time man
le balanced press f to get out of any dumb decision woman
le balanced stacked speedy robot of many shield
le balanced totemdyke
le balanced magical nadespam negro of much dps
le balanced only champ whose movement wasn't fucked by the patch cheeki breeki man

did i miss any of this patch's le balance?

Attached: 1517340757877.jpg (262 KB, 1280x1011)

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

player collision is still completely fucked even though scalebearer as a champ completely depends on it, but I don't know how to meme that

Gigastrength
Gigastrength

le blue man of questionable contact

massdebater
massdebater

bretty good choo choo

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

defending slow quake
fucking (((zoot)))

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

someone make a new thread

likme
likme

le balanced gecco of ADAD and screen blind effect

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

No

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit