/ps2g/ - Planetside 2 general

Phonesposting edition

Use code "PS2WelcomeBack" for a free Tanto!

>What is this game?
pastebin.com/baxwRMDg
>How do I play?
pastebin.com/CWn3VQJD
>How do I play? (advanced)
pastebin.com/p0ZwzqSu
>Tweaks and optimizations
pastebin.com/MEqFBUut
>Weapon stats and vehicle weapons
pastebin.com/341Dv7Y6
>Weapons chart some user made
i.imgur.com/HOdhWox.png

Attached: 640px--Insert_image_here-.svg.png (640x480, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=M1lyfYVdgco
youtube.com/watch?v=PsUJgn94Nlc&t=53
lmgtfy.com/?q=all-time (you) count
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Thanks lad, have a parting bonus cheg.

Attached: remove vodka.png (357x83, 45K)

Attached: flankout.webm (720x404, 2.93M)

The suits are impressed
wish I could post a pic but still phonesposting

>playing infantry

Attached: 1466682436235s.jpg (125x125, 3K)

gn palnetbabs!

gn fren

okay im gonna go to slep bls no die
red majyyk

Every god damn second of every god damn day it's shit on the NC, shit on the NC, shit on the NC. And no one bats an eye. They think it's ok that there are only two factions and the third one just gets fucked every day. "Oh, but you guys have such good weapons! So everything should be fine!" Well fucking news flash, if we're always fucking warpgated and lose significantly more alerts than the other sides, something is wrong and needs to change. If nothing else at least just remove the faction entirely and merge them into the other two and stop pretending like a 3 faction system fucking works.

Are you on connery? We lose a lot but I mean it's not THAT bad.

Attached: 1520082984229.jpg (853x583, 137K)

Sure fucking seems that bad every time I log on. I'll get on and see we've locked down a continent and think oh, maybe the NC is not shit today, and then an alert will instantly start and one of the other sides will lock unopposed, the continent we locked will open up, and then both sides will push us back without fighting each other. It makes the game completely unplayable when you're outpopped in every single base. And to make matters worse, instead of the game saying "Ok, this side is low in pop so no one can log into the other sides" it instead lets people continue to log in, they just have to wait in a queue. I tried it once, I tried getting on the side with 38% overpop, and even though the queue said it would be 40+ mins after about 5-10 mins it just gives up and lets you through because otherwise Koreans would whine about being unable to play.

Live free in the NC!

Attached: NC_MAX_Punches_VS_Infiltrator.gif (320x240, 2.89M)

There's something imbalanced and I don't buy the "vs and tr players are just better" argument.

Unfortunately I've never been able to pin down what it could actually be. There's no significant differences between vehicles or weapons for example.

My hypothesis is that there are small differences in which NC has a small disadvantage, which makes NC a little more fun to farm than vs or tr, which creates an incentive for vs and tr players to pick on NC, so NC sees more double teams than the other two factions do.

I've never heard of anyone trying to catalogue and track double-teaming, but I think it should be done if only to eliminate it as a possible cause of the statistically significant NC alert ratios.

youtube.com/watch?v=M1lyfYVdgco
Reminder that playing this game at (constant) over 100 FPS reduces the player (((You))) hitbox considerably.. and can reduce it even further beyond that. While the effect is the opposite if you play this game at under (constant) 60 FPS.
>why
For the same reason weapon RPM is reduced if GPU is capped;Forgelight is shit.

Attached: '''''gusposting''''''.png (1216x2381, 97K)

youtube.com/watch?v=PsUJgn94Nlc&t=53

Attached: hmm.png (500x500, 54K)

Attached: screenshot_20180315-00-27-38.png (1280x960, 2.47M)

wow ur so cool

I cant find no horizontal recoil

>78 FPS
lol

>20% accuracy
>Not calling the video 'Dunking on low BR shitters meta'

Anyone in PALE's fag group wanna explain why he's in bed with the VS now? Did they agree to suck his dick or something?

Good morning new thread!

Should I get the St. Patricks day bundle? Is Green camo that looks bad ironic enough to cover up my insecurities about only being half Irish?

You say that like you're proud of being Irish lol

Well It's either Guatemalan or Irish

Attached: ebin.jpg (900x666, 423K)

It's like that on every faction on Connery, the Asian zergs only ever seem to want to either curbstomp bases with no less than 2/3rds pop, or get stuck in one of the designated stalemate zones forever. On the rare occasion that a balanced fight breaks out, you can be assured that one of them will pop all of the sunderers immediately and shut it down. Toxic as fuck.

Attached: get-out-of-here-stalker.webm (960x540, 2M)

RO means Red October you fucking retarded newfag
at least play the game for longer than 2 years before you try to argue with actual players

I always mentally read it as red orchestra

eh close enough

Attached: 1521093160960.png (1739x1446, 254K)

Attached: 1520807613171.jpg (1024x768, 206K)

But I'm on a phone

wow do u have a license for that assault cat

yes

Attached: 1520891807912.png (640x606, 663K)

I had a ton of fun with this game like three years ago. Is it still good?

yes, just because there is several ways to play the game. evenings are the best times to log in.

:vDDDDD

Girls?

playing hoi4

tell me how you like the promise after yesterday's buffs

I don't play HA

Yes, the game is absolutely amazing! Great player base, server performance is too notch, and you get to play along with Russians who are known to be the best FPS players in the world and they definitely don't cheat.

throw the vanu down the well
so my planet can be free
you must gran them by the benis
then we got a bonuds cheg

>promise got an okay buff
>MAW is even more Anchor+ than it had been
>Watchman still has more bloom per damage than every other LMG

The Watchman is okay

That's fair. The watchman was overpowered.

>new TR battle rifle will be full auto
gauss saw inc

A full-auto battle rifle sounds like an impossible thing to balance
>167-199 damage
Fire rate would have to be so high that there's no effective difference between it and another LMG
>200-249 damage
Pretty much guaranteed to just be a shitty SAW, slight chance of being an improved SAW instead and (rightly) pissing all the NC off
>250+ damage
Either going to be shotgun-tier bullshit in CQC and mediocre everywhere else, or bad in CQC and worse than a normal BR at normal BR range.

I wish Werl would try something unique, like 2x85 damage in a 2-shot, 900RPM burst, followed by a short cooldown or something.

I guess NC is just going to get a HA-compatible semi-auto scout rifle, and VS a normal BR but with meme ammo too, huh?

>It's another TR and VS bully NC on Cobalt episode
They can't keep getting away with it.

Worl said that the new battle rifles will be focused in dealing lots of damage while firing really slow... so judging by the current weapons we've got... it'll be either a gimped gauss saw or a slightly better gauss saw but with really shit CoF bloom

*dabs on h8rs*
wheres my dabbing taunt emote fking werl

good morning memers! ;D
good morning

gmgmgm!!!

I'm a good player

Attached: screenshot_20180314-00-19-20.png (669x255, 147K)

Not really

no ur a shitten

>

Attached: lll.png (444x142, 9K)

bin that knife

>told myself that I’d had enough
>uninstalled
>next day feeling the itch to shoot mans again
END MY FUCKING LIKE I WANT OFF THE RIDE

so this is u rite

Do we have any way of looking up alert winrates post-meltdown?

>was

ps2alerts.com

It's only slightly overpowered now.

Yes.

Attached: 8AE70644-8733-4B12-9260-5D2DDD4EB2DB.png (645x729, 75K)

Attached: 1520250583305.jpg (2274x960, 374K)

Those are all-time though, or am I retarded and there's a simple way to tweak it?

Sarleyy is a very good player who doesn't enlarge hit boxes or lagswitch.

oчeнь вepный тoвapищ!

Attached: CF25E74F-33B7-4811-BF24-58143871DA71.png (860x650, 60K)

lol

We need more people like SpearOfDestiny making pubbies and helping at least somewhat. YLB and the Vanu in general always start overpopping their defences when we try to take any important base. A few days ago we were stuck in Esamir for hours for this reason, Eisa and Mani were on TR hands, going for Bridgeward was suicide because it could easily be cut off and Jaeger's Crossing was the only NC-VS fight and the biggest meatgrinder on the map.
I don't know at what time those outfits that an user mentioned previously operate, but I sure as hell haven't seen them.
I still think it has to do with burger newbies. Can't be the only reason though.
I agree, fuck asians. And even NC asians, HHCN armor columns are garbage.

Attached: padding.png (755x263, 45K)

Good afternoon!

butt xD

Attached: 1409492228859.png (1921x1081, 3.31M)

A big one!

>general has been dissolved into one retard samefagging and spamming the thread with shit memes
theres the nerd, geek, no-life, loser, degenerate, waste of sperm
and this user

You see that BUTT soldier? That PIECE OF ASS could only have gotten so unusually LARGE and SUPPLE from sitting on it in a SPAWNROOM like a BOOLTSHITTING COWARD.

What about this one?

Attached: 1409492315956.jpg (1920x1080, 1.04M)

stay storng, fren!
t: been clean almost two years

You cant tell the difference if you can HS with it easily youre a shitten, unlike me,

t.Quake Pro

Why were butts nerfed? It’s sad desu

Too many gays in the dev team.

test

Attached: Capture.png (189x37, 1K)

hwat

:DDDD

Attached: Capture.png (201x39, 1K)

Fuck all Russians. I hope the Americans nuke the bastards.

>stalker cloak infiltrator is staying crouched and is perfectly still, making him extremely fucking hard to spot as cloak is at max effectiveness
>he's sitting in a dark area as well
>this motherfucker pulls out his knife, runs straight at him at stabs him
>not even flashlight pointed at his direction before
Nice hacks m8. Now BTFO.

Ptchoo :----D

nice reddit karma what extension is this?

how do you get the pointing man decal?

reddit

gn planetfrens

Attached: cat2.webm (640x800, 1.62M)

testing testing

holy bepis i thought we would be dead forever!! so skery!!!!

lmgtfy.com/?q=all-time (you) count

Lads, 1x or 2x sights?

Attached: 8E672DF9-56B0-4C34-95A1-1E7D0C2CBABE.jpg (602x709, 43K)

Are alive again?

LET ME GO, I SAW A BEAUTIFUL LIGHT, LET ME GO TOWARDS THE LIGHT I DON'T WANT TO GO BACK

3.4x on snippers
1x on literally everything else

>bolt action sniper can kill in one headshot
>anti tank rifle can't
Is this just another case of "totally fair and balanced" ?

3.4x on everything unless it's an explicitly short-range gun, in which case 1x.

Only exception is when shit's going down too hard for 3.4x to work. Framerate affects sensitivity--I think it's one of those CPU/GPU bound things where only one of them is weird; it's probably the same issue that causes low FPS to fuck up ROF sometimes--and on those occasions, the FPS drop associated with aiming with a higher mag scope can fuck up your sensitivity and make it impossible to aim accurately.

>engineers can't have 1-shot kill sniper rifles because that would be unbalanced

>but infiltrators who can cloak with 1 shot kill sniper rifles and are actually tougher to kill than engineers are perfectly fine