Monster Hunter General - /mhg/

butts

>Monster Hunter World
Deviljho, weapon balance, and more coming March 22nd!

>Where can I find info on the update?
Check the official Capcom website, the /r/MonsterHunter subreddit or on here.

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Post or find a room ID. Squads are not searchable without one. 3DS use passcode 7243.
World, Preference: Small Monsters - Message: Zenny Farming - Private: No
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: Deviljho, MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Old thread:

Attached: 1520977004700.jpg (707x1000, 465K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UUhkxSQksPM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Elite four and unstoppable two in MHW when

Huntresses

Attached: 59733529_p0.png (1200x1164, 1.33M)

>i don't want to use the best weapon for my particular weapon type
>but i don't want my hunts to be slower!!!
Explain why people think like this

youtube.com/watch?v=UUhkxSQksPM

Why does it seem like SA has to work so hard to get good times? This player had perfect evasions at every chance he got and still took almost 3 minutes.

>redirecting people to Reddit in the OP
Worldbabs ruined this once pristine nook of the Internet.

We want to be special snowflakes.

every weapon is viable, they r just newbs

Killscreens!

Attached: DYSb59PW0AM1tXo.jpg (1920x1080, 254K)

>189 azurelos hunts for this
time to play the game now

Attached: DYSsKlVWsAAClwN.jpg (1200x675, 149K)

Here's some weapon patch notes.

Attached: 1521028961119.jpg (1170x6402, 889K)

whats the best combo damage wise against stunned monsters with hunting horn??

wow what kind of fun reward do you get for this autistic endeavor?

Any sessions?

I find hunting monsters fun, so less time hunting = less time having fun.

BLA BLA BLA YOU'RE NOT FORCED TO PLAY OPTIMALLY BLA BLA BLA YOU'RE NOT FORCED TO BUILD OPTIMALLY BLA BLA BLA WHO CARES IF YOU GIMP YOURSELF FOR TARGETING A MONSTERS SPECIFIC WEAKNESS, SINCE WHEN SHOULD TARGETING A MONSTERS WEAKNESS BE MORE OPTIMAL THAN JUST USING THE JACK OF ALL TRADES? BLA BLA BLA IF YOU DON'T WANT HUNTS TO BE SO SHORT JUST STOP ATTACKING THE MONSTER BLA BLA BLA

Fuck off.
You shit balance apologist Capcom fanboy asslickers are the worst. There is literally NOTHING wrong with wanting the game to be balanced better. And the worst of you lot are the stupid retards that say shit like "HURR ONLY PVP GAMES NEED TO BE BALANCED" Where the fuck did that idea ever come from that PvE games shouldn't be tightly balanced? I fucking hate you all. FUCK

Attached: 1519882646121.jpg (480x480, 46K)

Attached: DU55-iSVoAADF9-.jpg orig.jpg (692x636, 62K)

Attached: Nice Roman.png (1280x720, 1.14M)

CAN'T SLOW THE JHO

Attached: 1519583742642.png (1024x683, 689K)

>Where can I find info on the update?

>Check the official Capcom website, the /r/MonsterHunter subreddit or on here

Attached: 1510597070187.png (497x525, 281K)

>Host fucking abandons us, actually left us a Cart when he left and causing a weird lagspike that made Tempered Black Diablos go into the sand then come back out instantly
>We 3 man the black bitch anyway

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

Decos were shit though

Attached: 1492984595899.jpg (600x515, 177K)

a warm feeling

Attached: setin.png (722x512, 303K)

>I W ANT FAST TIMES BUT I DONT WANT TO WORK FOR ITTTTTTT
>WHY DOESNT MY BASIC JAGRAS CB HIT AS HARD AS DIABLOS TYRANNISS IT SNOT FAIR!! CAPCOM REE
lol

Encore, Encore, Encore...

Do your wordy

Attached: 67686507_p0.jpg (1024x576, 194K)

Repostan'

for XX, should I go SnS or SA or CB? And what styles for each? Any other tips for starting out in XX would be appreciated, like armor progression or whatever. To the user from previous thread, why striker or brave for CB/SnS?

What does Thrust mean? My steps are: Charged O, Do the sword into shield then to charge phials, do the little shield hit then, do the spinner thing that end in a sword swing which charges your shield

Then Triangle+O spam into SAED

Is that wrong?

>fight Odogaron or Legiana
>very precise hitboxes
>fight Vaal or Anjanath
>sloppy as fuck hitboxes

Did two different teams work on the hitboxes for monsters in this game?

I refuse to believe the same person who designed the hitboxes for Odoggo was the same one who designed the hitboxes for Vaal.

>Make a new character for a second playthrough, opposite gender's armor selection, etc.
>Can't skip any fucking cutscenes
>Constant pauses and stops and dialogues from shitty NPCs to explain stupid useless bullshit to you because players must be assumed to be completely retarded
This is fucking painful.

> Classic MH players want to chase the end-game of building min-max sets for various challenges without every build being literally the same 3-4 skills and choosing the weapon branch with highest raw / no element

> Some anons are so high off sniffing their own farts they conflate this with wanting the game to be easier or that everyone just HATES raw damage

What has world done to us /mhg/.

Jesus, and I thought my 100 dodogamas was soul crushing.

I just experienced that exact same feeling when I remembered that Manga is read right-to-left

So it's okay to browse Reddit now?

>raw is 30-45 seconds ahead of elemental
>everyone thinks this is a big fucking problem
l o l
its just a high rank game, chill the fuck out

Are you retarded?
The current Meta is fast times except you don't have to work for it.

How is building one single weapon and shitting on the entire roster with it more work than building to target specific elemental weaknesses? You are so fucking dumb. I'm getting really bored

Attached: gessu fucking dies.jpg (1920x1080, 347K)

post deviljhos

Attached: 1422651934144.gif (450x450, 842K)

yeah Vaal hitboxes on the legs and head are soo fucked.

>why striker or brave for CB/SnS?
Because those are the best styles for those weapons.

This whole time it was one of you people. How many hours you got? One of the first cards I got.

Pandering to the west was a serious mistake.

Are we getting this armor in the Spring Update?

Attached: bnahabra_armor_by_bnaha-d6mciby.jpg (895x892, 180K)

It was in the last thread too. I don't know why it's so hard for autists to just not mess with the fucking OP all the time.

S O O N

Attached: 1330063352579.jpg (1000x950, 541K)

pls no

Attached: bones.png (775x910, 1.12M)

What are you, casual? Multi-monster fights are what makes this game worth playing?

List of players you can play with in /mhg/ sessions!

Fishie
Laius
Jeannu
Deadcreeper
Elfriede
Choir Girl Vicky
Lor-quan
SpookyBoi
Catpun
candy
MASTERLINKX
Emi Tsuju
Nyx
Egregoros
Adam
Katya
Dairry
Nephutis
Arslan
Aaron
Arcmen
Vandark Holme
Xiphos
Nora
euggy
Vandarkholme
Noine
Meadows
Ruuk
Oushin
Antares
Weeaboo
BAAL
YourMom
Luna
Hafiz
Lionheart
Sammich
Shalako
Bloodlust Mira
Mana

If you see any of these names, please send them your guild card!

Attached: Hanako.png (112x112, 23K)

Shield Thrust, that is what the attack is called.
Press T+O after any sword attack.

Everyone is making a big deal about this as if there is a massive gap between element and raw. Raw is doing better with some weapons, and element is doing better with others. Capcom is closing the gap a bit with next patch. But asking for raw to be gutted entirely is silly. It's a high rank game for fucks sake, the difference is negligible. Asking for Element to be king after 14 years of Raw dominance is like asking Capcom to remove GS from MH.

300h+

haven't played in a week, there's nothing for me to do other than Crown hunting.

Have every quest, end tree weapons for every wep, and end game armor sets.

Post em

Attached: 3b5f92eb-2192-4ae0-bf7e-ffa67fc32333.png (1920x1080, 2.48M)

Attached: photoshop.webm (380x498, 2.91M)

FUCK YOOOOOUUUUU ZORAH

Attached: DYR4PmIV4AA0pxd.jpg:orig.jpg (3840x2160, 613K)

>Some people want the game to reward players for targeting a monsters specific elemental weakness because that's how WEAKNESSES are supposed to work instead of using one weapon against every fucking monster

>Somehow dumb retard anons think this means they want to build suboptimal and still get fastest kill times

This general is full of low IQ retards.

Attached: 1495553731514.jpg (722x575, 155K)

>Bring Deviljho materials to the Workshop and they’ll be able to craft 2 complete armor sets—Vangis α and Vangis β—as well as a new entry in each of the 14 existing weapon types, including brand new Deviljho designs for Sword and Shield, Hunting Horn, Bow, Insect Glaive and Charge Blade!

Post idea for the new Jho weapons designs. I'm really curious to see what the SnS and HH will resemble.

30 seconds is huge when we're talking about sub-3 minute kills.

Honestly I'm not worried about taking longer to kill something, but if it shuts up the TAutists that seem to have a problem with anyone playing suboptimal, then I'm all for it.

pls be patient, I have autism. I've never played Gen/XX so I don't really get why those are the best. To my understanding, striker usually gives up some moveset for an additional hunter art (which is a gauge/timer thing?) and I have no idea what brave does really. There's not a ton of info for XX in english. Sorry for being a bother tho.

>The current Meta is fast times except you don't have to work for it.
And that changes by making element better than raw? Doesn't that make it EASIER?

What you want is G-Rank, not weapon balance changes.

>Play with mhg all the time still not on the list

Attached: 1513515545303.png (316x313, 156K)

"A Rare Photoshop!"

Attached: Endemic Life Researcher.webm (368x488, 1015K)

Hi Grug!!

>Devil Jho Huting Horn and SnS

YES!! FUCKING YES!!!

Seems so.

now i fear being added to this faggotry if i host for nice anons here

How do you alll get these? Can you make your PS4 take them automatically?

Only the 3% of the time they put up some kinda guide like GameFAQs used to. Which this certainly isn’t.

Need more people! Join up!
Z8P8YcwxLmy

Attached: 1518402857847.png (800x1079, 1.13M)

Forgot the picture. Shit

Attached: Slow down a bit.jpg (1706x960, 158K)

Elemental weaknesses are supposed to be "weaknesses" (

>wowzers will never be your handler
FUCK CAPCOM

we will get there someday....we will....

>Host
Those are literally just regulars in the /mhg/ lobbies. If you play with us often, you'll end up on the list.

I can make you feel warm inside if you want

trying the SA what can I improve here?

Attached: sa.jpg (960x540, 97K)

please don't do that to me

The other user is right, but it's worth noting you get the most damage out of your encores with backwards input on the R2, while forward input nets you a little bit less than that.

Press Triangle to hide the menus at the end screen.

Attached: Monster Hunter_ World_20180302002504.jpg (1920x1080, 210K)

When was elemental better than raw in HR content? Doesn't that usually happen in G-rank?

Attached: Monster Hunter_ World_20180308233021.jpg (1920x1080, 204K)

believe in the pc mods

Attached: when she sees your wiggler.png (206x198, 82K)

Less slots wasted on elemental decos so I don't give a shit, don't forget about the element cap. Bunga barroth all day nigger.

I ended up on the generations SHAGARU’d list so I hope to make it too when World comes to pc

They probably think locking the best raw behind NEB is some sort of clever balance maneuver to make it fair. They should honestly just scrap Element boost as a multi tier skill and give the full effect off one gem like NEB gets.

what does the backwards input change?

>nothing about how spreadshots can some times fly way off their mark

oh boy.

Attached: 09785968345215687.png (249x250, 78K)

Why Jagras instead of Demons also
>Earplugs

>>Some people want the game to reward players for targeting a monsters specific elemental weakness because that's how WEAKNESSES are supposed to work instead of using one weapon against every fucking monster
The game does do that retard, it just varies weapon to weapon, just like it does every game.
SnS, Lance, Bow for example still perform better with Element.
LS/IG are the only outliers that use to prefer element but do better with Raw
GS/CB/Hammer always preferred raw over element.
Bitching that your fire GS is inferior at killing Kirin by 15-30 seconds slower than Jagras is silly because of the way GS is designed.

Either way it's such a negligible time difference, in a HIGH RANK only game that I can't understand why you guys bitch so much about it.

>MHXX G-Rank endgame Weapon DPS: 150
>MHW HIGH RANK endgame Weapon DPS: 160-180

What the fuck did they mean by this?
Anyways, no matter what they do with elemental damage vs. raw and what not. Weapons in this game are way too fucking strong and the entire system is broken. I don't even want to know how high the DPS will be in MHW G-Rank, but i expect 30 second to 1 minute hunts.

Attached: 1505883450210.png (363x475, 96K)

You're really not going to be doing a lot of damage. Do you have any more Attack Jewels?

try aiming lol

Why do people flash monsters everytime someone mounts it.

i've played with mhg once or twice and haven't even played world in a week and i'm still on the list

It's just clear that balance is fucked and as far as elemental scaling goes Capcom appears to just have looked at Bow and gone "yup that sounds about right the other weapons will be fine".

Anything that can't use Critical Element well or requires more than 3 points out of their build to hit their Elemental Cap shouldn't bother making an elemental build and it's just annoying that this is clearly the crux of the issue and yet it's still there.

Some of my favorite builds in the past have been big damage phwwwoooarrrr crit builds, there's the odd sperg out there that wants raw nerfed but they're just as bad as the unga's who don't think that CB has taken a turn for the worse by incentivising nothing but a small attack string into SAED as the optimum gameplay loop.

Well even if that's how you want it to be, that's not how it's been for the past 14 years. Sorry bud.

Having any set bonuses as a single deco was a mistake, having to build around needing multiple pieces of the same set would have made builds more varied and interesting.

Mounting is less dps then just hitting it

>Jho Hunting Horn
>Jho Ungablade
I'm happy about this.
For Horn, i think it'd be interesting if they made it hollow, gave it a "mouth" of sorts, and have teeth/Jho's spikes around it. Would be even cooler if the sound vaguely resembled his roar. I dunno, i'm not very imaginative.

No it never happens and it never happened.
Only for like 2 weapons out of 14 weapon types. Fact is you should be rewarded for picking the right element on any weapon.

Don't understand why they won't just give every weapon seperate Raw AND Element motion values instead of this flat damage on each attack nonsensical bullshit. In fact having different MVs for element and raw on each weapons attack could spawn different playstyles depending on what your weapon favors.

You don't need Flinch Free and unless you're a TAutist you'll want Evade Extender.