/mgg/ - Metal Gear General

Shrinking the OP because no one else wanted to make a thread, there's no space for more new Survive stuff, and no one can stop me Edition.

Last thread >Old MGV stuff
pastebin.com/uv6u5Mzs

*NEW* Survive information
> farming guide
pastebin.com/DavA4xST

>Base Personnel Guide
pastebin.com/BRupv4nf

>Numerical values of subclass skills
pastebin.com/ip5U7C5D

>Africa secrets map [INCOMPLETE] (Afghanistan map in progress)
i.imgur.com/Kx2bW2b.jpg

Attached: ughitsrotten.jpg (1920x1080, 349K)

I hate assaults on rescue maps.

Attached: fuckingassults.jpg (805x81, 31K)

Did they remove the allies revived x5 bonus?

I guess? I probably would have learned if there was a x10 one but I refused to rez them after they baited frostbite to the last rescue guy and would charge into the mob of zombies and die instantly. Requested we drill without the last guys and sat back until they respawned. I can only bait frostbite 4 miles away and hope they clear the pack and get the dead guy to the drill so many times.

Boss get down

The enemy sniper...

Speaks Kikongo

I've just beaten Seth, am I far from the end of the singleplayer?

You're where you ought to be.

Why do people insist on trying to kill the bosses when they’re too low a level? Shouldn’t they realise that after 20 minutes where they’ve taken off maybe 10% health that its a lost cause?

A perfect round.

Boss dead during Wave one and everyone covering and building smart defenses

And a little Ray fun at the end of the game

Attached: LOCK N LOAD.png (1914x1064, 3.29M)

Got 450 BP for an S rank rescue that we left early after 2 survivors. If you want 900 you gotta get all 3 it seems.

Playable OG characters when
or Hero mode where you are supposed to protect one guy being the hero while swarms of wanderers go after you

Attached: Basics of CQC.webm (1280x720, 1.76M)

Are the eliminate wanderer daily/weekly missions bugged for anyone else?

are you meeting the extra condition that specifies weapon type?

Oh geez, I didn’t even notice that.

any idea if there's a minimum rank to get the full amount too?

I've gotten 900 with as low as B ranks. Not sure about lower.

Just solo got 2 survivors on hard rescue fallen village, some notes.
Scout is super useful for gathering up a shit load of wood and placing barricades everywhere.
Ramps along your escape path buy you valuable time from enemies behind you.
Getting a S rank is likely impossible, there's almost no way you can put up enough defenses to hold back everything you've run from once you've dropped them off for evac. Just let the balloon and hide/gather.
Dropping a survivor isn't the end of the world, use the time to take out any mortars/trackers harassing you then drop 3-4 grenades all around him to pop the balloon and kill everything nearby.
Ideally know where the mortar wormholes are and place defenses to deal with them. Even if you don't get hit by them having them destroy a ramp or fences with a triple volley is really bad.
Barbwire iron fences are nice for holding off wormholes that spawn crawlers for a bit.
Some well placed auto turrets on the roofs probably can help with trackers on your ass.

Going to see if I can get all three solo now with better planning.

Attached: demfieldsbeharsh.jpg (1920x1080, 306K)

Try air cannons and anything else that will help stall for time rather than kill. I assume there's still a limit on how many enemies can be on the map at once.

>Air cannons
I knew I was forgetting something. Haven't worked with them before, might need to think about how to best use them.

Question before I drop any coins on 2nd character:
If I unlock the bad ending nameplate on my 2nd character, does my first character get it also? What else carries over?

name those people after memes or celebrities
its kinda funny

Two more things
Between waves, run the path and listen for grabbers. Throwing crystals while transporting works too if they can spawn during transport.
If you can kill the boss, do it. Getting seen is pretty much a game over solo.

what if someone surrounded their base in cardboard fences, air cannons, and oil traps?
Can any CE bros try this with the newest base dig and report?

Downloaded 1.06 yet its still 1.04??

I wonder if it's possible to lay fences all along the escape route line on both sides.

stability fixes for peasants most likely, the steam version hasn't had any updates

>that absolutely worthless retard that drops the charon corps guy and tries to pick him back up again instead of killing the zombies biting everyone's dicks

Great job. Bravo, soldier. You must have been the janitor back at Motherbase.

Possible? With enough resources, yes. There's a good deal of wood on every map you can use to blockaid most points. I honestly think solo is doable BUT I'm not bothering anymore until I can kill frostbite. The moment that cunt gets within a half mile of you you are fucked.

your short like 40k Iris, Do more side ops and look for orbs, cause I get 950k+ regularly.

One CE bro reported that electric fence + oil trap was REALLY strong earlier.

Rescue missions are amazing. My PS4 Oceania lads, thank you.

I do that all the time in salvage missions. Oil traps are kinda fragile though.

>Burning through nearly 40 fences a rescue mission because no one else places them,
Jesus Christ, at the rate I'm going to have to go to codetalker's mansion just for the 1k+wood a trip and find a new iron source.

>Just over two week left of this event still.
The BP shop had better be amazing.
Is anyone actually planning on getting 80k BP for the final total point reward? I just can't bring myself to do this event 89 times even spread over 2.5 weeks.

Forgot to mention i used strengthened oil traps which is not even available yet

Attached: mgv 2018-03-14 20-16-32-10.jpg (2560x1440, 612K)

I'm just doing the rescue missions because I find them fun. They're a lot more fast paced than the wave defense missions.

wew, strengthened oil trap? are there strengthened variants of other traps?

Captain is a strong girl.

Attached: nanomachines.jpg (403x65, 8K)

Stop carrying the entire base on your captain.

Yep

Attached: Clipboard02.jpg (294x310, 54K)

Did you know your list has air cannon twice?

Is the AA turret unlockable and if so what are the mats? The thing shreds but I'm expecting like 60 gunpowder or something dumb.

Is there an Uragan, the 12 ga. revolver from TPP, in the data files? I feel like that would be a better sidearm over the Rasp. Unless the .44 does hard knockdown.

I just noticed, one of them must be the normal grenade turret

Attached: mgv 2018-03-14 21-08-47-33.jpg (2560x1440, 2.2M)

user, the .44 has exploding ammo which is 150% but hits the aimed at target twice and has a decent sized aoe that kills groups. one of the epics is an uragan though

Anyone know where to get .45 caliber overpressure or explosive rounds if they exist?

Just started doing hard so no explosive rounds yet. Do have flame rounds at least. Thanks for the info.

Overpressure drop from co-op

I have .45 overpressure but not exploding. It might not even have exploding and instead be piercing like the 9mm and 5.56 have

I feel it.

Probably don't exist then unless I'm incredibly unlucky.

Well shit then. Figured I must have everything by this point. Oh well, don't use my secondary unless I'm carrying the guy anyways.

The gatling AA? No one has found it yet, but there is the mounted AA gun
Yes

Attached: stuff.jpg (2166x1546, 1.6M)

Yeah that's the one.
>Reclaim is half the mats spent rounded up iirc
Ouch. That ain't going to be very viable in co-op

how do I farm springs

I have the overpressure rounds but idk about exploding

They are in cardboard boxes so pretty much the typical spam teleporters and the occasional singularity area. Pretty sure singularity area 1 doesn't have any if it is the same as multiplayer.

Does doing sidemissions affect respawn rate?

of what
side missions yes
resources no

Repawn rates are a bit strange sometimes. I think that getting every single item possible from a location(get to smashing those barrels and boxes) makes a site respawn faster but I have no proof. I just know that I've done two circuits on Africa and Afgan sites still hadn't respawned when they had a table left. I could just be Afgan sites don't respawn if you are in Africa and vice versa.

each map has its own buffer, once you pick up enough shit the stuff you first picked up respawns
on the topic of ammo recipes everyone was just talking about, where the hell do I get the frost and shock arrow recipes? I've run hard salvage dozens of times without seeing them.

I've stopped getting recipes from everything and I don't have them. I do, however, have piles and piles of frost arrows from santa.

>the most efficient way to make 5.56 ammo is to craft the green ar
wew

I got frost from doing hard, don't remember if it was daily/weekly/everyday.

I'm still missing afew reciepes which is annoying.

does that work with all green guns?
i never knew that

yes
build/dismantle shenanigans arent as effective for other guns
5.56 is good because you get 30 each time you do it

This is good to know in case I ever get the better 5.56 rifle.

holy fuck. just tried it and that's fucking crazy.
i was saving this big ammo pouch for my 9x19mm until now.
now i could probably go to a daily hard mission and just unload on the boss.

do people just run the daily instead of normal missions when its beneficial like today?

every player around lvl 50 all bring their hammer and thinking they can one shot the boss. so its a hit or miss.
good mods but all these low levels thinks they can play hero.

>find a new iron source.
Strong kuban signatures always have iron crates with ~150 iron

unless it's fortified I'll always run the daily over normal hard because fighting the boss is more fun

Was it the daily and weekly or regular hard also that got the new recipes? I haven't got shit.

Can you earn yellow weapons yet besides the geist?

daily gives new recipes
Nobody has seen them

>base is full of women
>most of them are identical
is like i'm saving different timeline versions of the same woman

If they all sleep together is it an orgy or just masturbation?

or would it be double dipping if you banged both of them?

occasionally I see a wanderer's hp bar drop in the distance and think the lord of dust just stomped it before remembering I killed him. fuck going home, I just want to bring him back.

I'm really disappointed how scripted the LoD "fight" was. I really hope they release a version you have to fight in the dust and it's hard as balls enough that you prefer to avoid him.

someone got the epic axe and epic onehanded weapon.

It will probably be a coop boss fight or event. If the game survives

What's the daily?

>If the game survives
>Every top rated comment with over 1k likes on every youtube video ever about survive

34 more min. Japan doesn't have DST.

I would've liked more bosses in the story progression and a larger map. maybe have the dust condense into a new boss which clears up old lighter dust areas and makes dust heavy kill zones into explorable regions, enemy human factions could move into the now clear areas so they aren't boring and empty without wanderers

fuck i forgot

Attached: 1442540029076.jpg (640x480, 170K)

Ready for buildable dust generators that give resources and kuban? The more people have one, the thicker the dust. When all of them are disassembled the dust will clear!

Do you think captain's arm and Lod's arm both going through a wormhole means something?

Setting up for Survive 2.

Attached: cool.jpg (428x372, 33K)

the captain is the lod in another time loop, haven't you fought the seneschal in post game yet?

>tfw no alternate timeline shenanigans where you fight multiple lords of dust in repaired metal gears

i don't think there's supposed to be a specific meaning to the use of the arm as an image. the captain's missing sleeve, seth missing both and the captain using their dust arm to pull seth up don't seem like they're hinting at anything outside of maybe a larger use of the imagery of reaching to evoke a sense of 'grasping' on a broader emotional level

They nerfed the boss or something? I notice that now I deal much damage to it
Also, Im lvl 60, its viable to focus on the boss with rifles or something or nah? Just defend?

wot?

>side mission
>battle gear has washed