/wtg/ - War Thunder General

Bradley Edition
or
"I hope he actually does it" Edition

Previously, on /wtg/ >Official Site:
warthunder.com/

NOTE: You get given a premium aircraft for your first victory in game!
Need a faster download? Switch Language in Launcher.

>Wiki with Release Trees and General Tactics:
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php

>Fan created skins, missions, locations, fictions etc...
live.warthunder.com/ (Warning! Pure weeaboo and horsefucker autism abound)

>Ammunition Types
wiki.warthunder.com/index.php?title=Category:Ammunition

>All the Air RB/SB maneuvers you would want to know + Engine thingamabobs:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=200974026

>Every Airplane Instrument Panel translated
mediafire.com/view/q4nybrogygdchdb/ND's_aircraft_reference_guide.pdf

>Youtube Channel with Tutorials and Gameplay Videos
youtube.com/user/galahadgawain/playlists

>Steam community:
steamcommunity.com/groups/warthundervg

>vg chatroom:
Type " /join vg " into chatbox.
If prompted for a password, use "memes".

>Joystick Comparisons:
pcgamer.com/the-best-pc-joysticks/

>DIY Headtracking
pcgamer.com/how-to-build-your-own-ir-head-tracker/
ebay.com/itm/161710468074

>Chart displaying weapon effectiveness against ground units
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H1_cSnYKSKbU6Giql2bMDdFoXefeq6ENWuvjQbtquMs/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Px6G3kvcWbiS-sdIR6r4s7lSwfcxguUgJw95qj0NIzs/

Attached: 1495593827371.jpg (2954x1888, 1.66M)

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/file/d/1Z2F1zGuSxhjDYBerCId3g-G8eGmvqtFo/view
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for He 177 getting uptiered next patch.

2nd for the eradication of slavs

I think it's this. A lot of players (and I mean a lot, sometimes it feels like at least 50% of the playerbase) genuinely have no idea how to get kills besides head-on attacks. Their whole "strategy" isn't to maneuver to get into a position where they can attack safely and effectively, it's to get into a head-on attack. This is where a lot of the "RUSSIAN PLANES ARE OP" stuff comes from, because in early/mid tiers, having 2-3 nose mounted 20mm cannons makes them deadly in head-ons compared to wing mounted weapons, even though Russian planes in general are actually pretty mediocre.

Reposted because I felt like it.

second for A-36 with gunpods is balanced at 3.0

It's fast and has an air start, so you can basically just dive in, head-on some retards, and dive away back to base and safety without anyone catching you unless you get a crazy 1.0 up-tier.

It's also a direct BV counter.

My go-to K/D padding vehicle is the Yak-9M. Seems to get down-tiers often so my K/D in it is 9:1 or something. Also makes good money and RP. Feels good being a wallet warrior.

what do I do in night maps cant see sheet

Attached: night.jpg (1680x1050, 85K)

>Obj906 nigger camping behind a building 500m away from spawn
>notice part of his rear end is poking out
>shoot it with my M103's AP
>hull break the cocksucker
Best part of this update by far
lower your White level in your PostFX settings until it's bright as day
pic related

Attached: 20180214004147_1.jpg (1920x1080, 310K)

You skip the night maps.

Yeah but when a Yak-9t can somehow keep up in a turn, but climbs faster than you and can accelerate faster than you there's little to no choice but to try and force a head on and won

Also, it takes both players to engage in a head-on so even if a Spitfire is doing it, unless you're in a plane designed for head ons you're just as guilty

Use your radar. Oh wait, ))))))))))

give me an invite code for the golden eagles app and post a picture of teebtears with it, I'll use the first one.

change your post-fx to day\night

Is this normal?

Attached: splash.webm (800x450, 2.83M)

Oh, I never take head-ons unless I am flying a plane designed for it, or that has a huge advantage. I am just talking about what I have observed when the initial "clashes" of each match start, where half of each team turns to ash because they try to head-on whatever is more powerful than them.

Also, is the 9T actually that good? I haven't flown it for years, I think. At 4.3 it has to face the F-82 and other 5.0 planes that it can't contend with, and a lot of other popular planes in the same BR bracket (P-47, P-51, 109 F-2, 109 G-2, Zeroes and the fucking Cannon Ki-43, the G.55 and G.55S) do at least one, two, or three things better than it. Even a lot of 3.3 planes in the same bracket out-perform the 9T in some way.

I personally get wrecked by Yak-9Ts the most.
I can out maneuver German planes and US planes, but Yaks seem to keep up in a turn, can pull out of a 500mph dive with no difficulty and then nose cannon hits me even when I see the rounds miss me. by 10+ meters

Yes, splash damage was severely nerfed a very long time ago as a result of people whining about it in GF
Gaijin, in their infinite wisdom, nerfed the splash for air too, and now you're more likely to blow off your wings/tail than kill a tank unless it's either fuckhuge and lands right next to it, or if you drop it into the drivers hands

That seems silly. I thought maybe the bomb wasn't big enough and went with a 500 this time.

Attached: splash500.webm (800x450, 2.82M)

The performance is good, but most Yak players are fucking braindead and let you dive them for easy kills.

Splash is even more fucked this patch. I played a few matches where I carpet bombed rows of soft targets in air arcade (lol arcade) and it did nothing. These were 500kg bombs, too, so I have no idea what is going on.

ayy

fucking gookmoot

Attached: 3.png (1920x1080, 3.28M)

what the actual fuck is this

Attached: shot 2018.03.16 08.13.02.jpg (1920x1080, 289K)

razzledazzle

Attached: shot 2018.03.16 10.32.44.jpg (1920x1080, 670K)

FYI, some /r9k/ weeb faggot streamed himself cosplaying Kurt Koban and the whole 4chin got frozen for investigation.

>BT-5 nigger rushing cap
>Get there before him in a T-34 based slavmobile
>Absolute chimp out before getting deleted
>He spawns in again just to follow and shoot me

Tbh I'm never waiting for anyone, especially because I only bring one vehicle into every battle.

I figured it was more the school shooting threat, since /r9k/ wasn't frozen.

pfahahahahaha

test

Attached: outfuckingskilled.webm (1280x720, 2.87M)

posting still fucked?

So when does RB become fun? I'm tired of getting fucking blasted in the first 45 seconds and then having to wait 5 minutes to get into another match.

.drive.google.com/file/d/1Z2F1zGuSxhjDYBerCId3g-G8eGmvqtFo/view
thsi is why you dont watch anime

For real? I was asleep so I didn't notice anything.

HIROSHIMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!

What's the deal with playing RB air battles on US? Every single game so far has been half our team as bombers. How are you supposed to use stuff like the p38 when you're outnumbered by fighters 2:1 half the time?

Anyone else notice how the plane handling in air AB has been stiffened to be closer to air RB?

It’s great- defensive manoeuvres now actually work and you can’t shake a tail just by thrashing your mouse around since the plane doesn’t turn instantly anymore.
Been finishing matches with 6-9 kills because of scrubs who still try that

>AB
noone, and i mean absolutely noone that thats not a nigger cares

I don't remember the last time half the US fighters climb instead of staying at ground level turning fighting.

____ __ _ __ ___

Attached: please see yourself out, wilhelm.jpg (752x343, 68K)

An actually great plane, even better with the new Anton FMs. Turns surprisingly well because of the less guns especially with the very good flaps, and is the fastest 190A

This is horrible

just natural selection tbqh
feel sorry for his mother though

Does it still wobbly like the U12 during high speed dives?

That's the horrible part. I've seen worse than a guy shooting himself but his friend crying over voice chat and his mother seeing him, that fucks me up.
I was suicidal for a time but my mother telling me she loves me while in tears pulled me back.

They locked the site for a little bit because of this? I'm still confused as to what happened.

A little bit? It just came back after 16+ hours

Why does the Fw190-D9 wobble like crazy when manuevering? Makes lining up dives and aiming pretty fucking difficult when the plane just decides to do a wobbly wriggly turn instead of flying.

tonight I dreamed that I was in a very dark room with a girl (female) and said warl wanted to fuck me, so we did. while I was pounding her, turns out it was TigerAceFinn, and when I finished, I realized he (she) was real fucking ugly and had a prolapsing asshole. I swear I'm not making this up

Attached: 1517752118481.jpg (721x645, 423K)

That goes for most of the 190s before this, right? I had a ton of trouble lining up shots on the A-4, A-5 and U12. Anything more than 600kph and it stays wobbling around.

because gaijin are retards and won't fix the instructor to properly handle the new FMs

HELP! My tanks have add-on armour they shouldn't have because I haven't unlocked it. And now my M46 looks very gay.

How fix?

At least the game looks better as the L7 rapes my asshole.

Attached: shot 2018.03.15 23.01.36.jpg (1920x1080, 465K)

))))))))))))))))

GAIJIN WHERE THE FUCK ARE MY DECALS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

its the return of the fog as well though

Attached: shot 2018.03.16 11.07.56.jpg (1920x1080, 500K)

>gun reticle turns automatically red on night maps
is this some other 1.77 news?

Just more )))))))))))

I'm not gonna watch that

Attached: 1450565409285.jpg (405x544, 26K)

are there any good air tutorials(specifically for japs)? I wanna git gud

Funniest part is that they froze /a/, /v/ and Veeky Forums at first. /r9k/ itself and other boards worked just fine. Entire 4chin was frozen only for a couple of hours.

>someone offers to shoot up gaijin HQ for 30 (you)s
>Gets to 21
>Whole of 4chink frozen
What a coincidence...

Attached: Le-Happy-Merchant-Question-Mark.gif (452x523, 3K)

The cockpit is lit, the plane is alright as well, pretty fun

Attached: ki108.jpg (1680x1050, 279K)

Attached: 1520614272885.jpg (480x330, 10K)

please end your life drew you annoying spastic insufferable cunt

to be honest I find it quite useful, it shows up more against the dark background

Attached: photo_2018-01-20_13-32-29.jpg (1024x860, 106K)

holy SHIT fucking BASED

love the hatch of the thing

i dont even watch anime unlike you fetal alcohol syndrome mentally stunted faggot.

Attached: 1504150143036.png (762x743, 348K)

>update drops
>Cat 5 retards flock back
>Overall skill level of tier 6 players plummet
Jesus fuck the retards I've seen in the past two days is just incredible..

I unironically want a nuclear exchange between the US and RU and hopefully my country will also be targeted so I can end this awful existence once and for all

Attached: Untitled.jpg (887x128, 35K)

Man. Watching this video I'm glad I got help for my depression before I ended up like this kid. Video link is already down it seems, unfortunate but probably for the best.

Any tips for flying the 205N2 besides not flying italians

if someone's behind you pull max elevator, roll, and rudder at the same time

some here. alhtough i am far from over it, i am glad i never god close to even consider suicide

so to all the depressed kids out there, dont do it and get help

>tyt niggerclancucks camp the edge of the map all match long
>barely any kills between them
why?

this is getting out of hand. Grinding for any other nations new top tier must be so much fun.

That's a recipe for a flat spin, you retard, especially since the 202/205 are asymmetrical autism

that's the point

oh, maybe shouldn't post the name on the tibetian prayer scripture forum

Attached: who_won.png (1878x467, 807K)

not a problem if you know how to get out of it

ok maguumo

How do I bomber? There always seems to be someone around to kill me

it depends, which bomber?

ok maguumo

>making yourself an easy target is the way to go when someone is flying behind you trying to kill you
Spotted the retard
Also
>max elevator, aileron and rudder are required to put the plane into a spin
Play the game you faggot, most single engine fighters go into a spin if you simply pull up too hard.

oh well. At least i wasn't retarded enough to dox my real name

Attached: deebly goncerned.png (600x500, 98K)

The only bomber I have is an He 111 H-6

will air be ever good again?

ok maguumo

Negative!

it's a meme you autist

Attached: 1481341978901.jpg (500x650, 143K)

german bombers are "blitz bombers". you dive down and keep your air speed up to race to the base point and run like mad after. american, british, and most russian bombers want to stay higher up and climb every so slightly once they spawn and from a high altitude

Could be worse though.
>tfw 90% of the score screenshots are just battlefieldaces shitposts

battlefieldaces is such a guy. Dude literally falseflags for entire threads through multiple IPs with faked scoreboards and screenshots just for (you)s. Who knows if he's even called that, hell this whole thread might've been samefagged by him as we speak

So, was it fake?

>people complaining that 50s jets have to provide CAS for 70s tanks
>works just fine for eastern block
>HVARs/RP3s/Bombs just as good comrade
>got SPAA with lead indicator now, is of balance
i don't actually mind CAS, especially with the new SPAAs, but for fucks sake, give all nations reasonable CAS capability, not just two.

Attached: cas_balance))).webm (852x480, 2.94M)

>battlefieldaces
Literally who

how do I know you're not battlefieldaces falseflagging again

>falseflags for entire threads through multiple IPs with faked scoreboards
Wasn't that poopydude?

Attached: 1494439523413.jpg (490x32, 12K)