Was getting crucified part of his plan?

Was getting crucified part of his plan?

I ask you to take this cup from me Father, however not as I will but as you will.

OF COURSHE

DR.JUDAS REFUSED OUR OFFER IN FAVOUR OF YOURS, WE HAD TO FIND OUT WHAT HE TOLD YOU ABOUT THE SAVIOR

Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up,

Yes, actually. That is why he chastised Peter when he tried to intervene.

Unironcally yes.

>For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet. All my bones are on display; people stare and gloat over me. They divide my clothes among them and cast lots for my garment.

Psalm 22:16-18

VICTORY HAS DEFEATED YOU

checkmate satan

You're a big goy

Matthew 26:24
The Son of man goeth as it is written of him: but woe unto that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! it had been good for that man if he had not been born.

Why did he say that about Judas then?

because judas was snitch. a useful snitch to be sure, but a snitch nonetheless.

Couldn't Judas have repented and asked for forgiveness right before Jesus was taken away and be free from condemnation.

>free will
>but I know you will betray me

can someone explain whey he was sent down by god?

To preach the good news (gospels)

It was part of God's plan, which I guess is his plan too

CONGRATULATIONS! YOU GOT YOURSELF CRUCIFIED!

NOW WHAT'S THE NEXT STEP OF YOUR MASTERPLAN?

Wait a minute that cross....

CRASHING THIS EMPIRE...

WITH NO SURVIVORS!

Probably, whether or not he'd be freed from condemnation would probably depend on how bad he felt about it though.

The gospels mostly say 'I am the son of God, worship me' though.

There's not really much teaching.

The sermon on the mount.
Radical ethical idealism that includes the ideals of love and altruism.
Radical teachings on divine justice : sinners are burned alive after their judgement.
Parables that teach someone how to get to heaven.

No! This cant be happening! I'm the Tetrarch here!

To me the sermon on the mount was basically the ten commandments again.
I'll give you the other three though.

Did the Jews not believe in love thy neighbour, and all that though?

Humanity is indebted to God for defiling His creation with our sin and we are incapable of paying this debt because there is nothing we can give to God that does not already belong to Him. Therefore humanity is condemned because justice requires we be punished for our wrongdoing. However, God mercifully chose to endure this punishment Himself in the person of Jesus Christ to satisfy justice and release those who believe in Christ from their sin debt.

tl;dr We can chose to pay God what we owe Him ourselves by enduring everlasting punishment or we can accept Christ's payment on our behalf by becoming a Christian

so does that mean no one went to heaven before jesus was sent down?

The complete rejection of the material, selfless love of God and all humans, the path to salvation through purging of the imperfection of your soul ("Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.") and allowing the Holy Ghost to enter you through faith and acceptance, etc. The New Testament is full of messages.

Yeh they did but it was never explained fully...
They never would have thought to turn the other cheek if someone struck them or to give to anyone who asks of them.

>or to give to anyone who asks of them.
The call of shekels is just too powerful to resist.

The Christian afterlife is being physically resurrected in the same way Jesus was after the crucifixion. This resurrection will occur after the final judgment and in the meantime the souls of Christian dead are said to be "sleeping."

The idea that Christians go to "heaven" after they die is basically pop-culture fanfic.

Is that not all common sense though?

Or could you say because I've grown up in the West, in a Christian country, that it's difficult for me to understand the depth of Jesus' teaching because it's all I've ever known, and to me it seems like common sense?

I'm a theist btw, just trying to get my ahead around Jesus.

From before he lay the foundations of the world, yes. However, as prophesied, not a single bone was broken.

Because Judas is in hell.

Not when Jesus says woe to that man.

Judas died before Jesus rose. At the betrayal, Judas only knew Jesus as rabbi, teacher.

Not as Lord, not as God, not as the Son of God.

Judas was a liar, a thief, and a murderer, like his spiritual father the devil who possessed him at the last supper.

If you look at human history it is clear that those ideas are not common sense at all because very few people actually put them into practice. You are right to notice that growing up in the West has made the Christian ethos to be "written on your heart" so to speak.

>Did I not select all of you, and one of you is a devil?

Not knowing the bible this hard.

Jesus is God, and came down willingly. He is my Kinsman Redeemer; the relative who is willing and able to pay my debts. Debts I cannot pay, no matter what I do.

So Jesus paid my debt that he did not owe, because I owed a sin debt to God that I could not pay.

I had the honor and privilege of laying my hand on his bloody head, having my sins transferred onto him for punishment, and receiving in return his righteousness.

It's the most one sided exchange in the history of the universe, and I suggest you take advantage of it while you yet can.

Rise from the dead on the third day, aka the sign of Jonah.

The teaching was to people who thought they had devised a methodology and way of life that would keep them from violating the Law of Moses.

Jesus taught them that their plan failed; that they were all sinners; and that they needed to be saved.

He also heaped upon them even more burdens if they wanted to be like God on their own. Burdens no man can carry.

The Law of Moses was not given to the servant, Moses, in order for humans to follow the Law. It was given to humans who were trying to be like God through their knowledge of good and evil a set of standards that they could not meet.

It was given to increase sin, and lawlessness, and death.

If it were possible to be righteous under the Law, Jesus manifesting in the flesh and paying the sin debt of humanity by being tortured to death would have been unnecessary.

Correct.

Jesus taught a story about a certain rich man and a beggar named Lazarus. The beggar went to Paradise, aka the Bosom of Abraham, and was comforted. The rich man went to the hot side of Hades and was tormented.

When Jesus rose from the dead, he took everyone in Paradise with him. The people in torment remain there to this day, and their number grows every day while Paradise remains empty.

That's because since the resurrection, all the dead in Christ go to be with Jesus. You were given some nonsense about "soul sleep" that belongs to one particular cult, and has no biblical basis or truth to it. Paul, the greatest apostle, said quite clearly that to be apart from the body is to be present with the Lord. Hence his ambiguity over whether he cared to live a little longer down here and help people, or go to be with the Lord.

If Jesus told Paul he would remain asleep until the rapture, Paul would not have had this dilemma.

>that they were all sinners; and that they needed to be saved

Was he telling them they were sinners in terms of breaking God's laws, or sinners in relation to the original sin?

I can't remember him ever referencing the original sin now, but many Christians bring it up when we say we're all sinners.

Are we sinners because we personally sin or sinners because Adam and Eve dun goofed?

This.

not person you are responding to
But I think Paul added his own theory.
In the bible Jesus clearly states that the dead will rise when they hear the voice of God. To me that implies they are in a comatose state until Jesus resurrects them.

>Is that not all common sense though?
How is renouncing the material world 'common sense'? How is unconditional and self-sacrificial love 'common sense'? How is self-sacrifice itself 'common sense'? How is transcendence through purification and willful union with the Holy Spirit, invited to our heart by faith, 'common sense'?
>Or could you say because I've grown up in the West, in a Christian country, that it's difficult for me to understand the depth of Jesus' teaching because it's all I've ever known, and to me it seems like common sense?
It likely is. I grew up as an atheist. Many notions of christianity were incomprehensible to me, as they were a stark contrast to the way I viewed the world (despite having grown up in a traditional, catholic state).
>I'm a theist btw, just trying to get my ahead around Jesus.
I sincerely hope that you have read and understood the New Testament. The version of christianity that is contained in popular knowledge is distorted, incomplete, and at times completely wrong. It is not only inadequate, but butchered into irrecognizability.

It was Satan. Satan was the one. The apple was GMO manufactured or something.

Dear Christians, it is easier for a camel to enter the eye of aneedle than for a rich man to enter heaven (he goes to hell instead).

You all seem wealthy as you own computers for idle enjoyment.

What say you?

Both, actually, as mankind lost the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit when Adam sinned and the Holy Spirit fled him, and he spiritually died.

His children, including us, were all born spiritually dead, in Adam's image. Not in God's image.

Jesus also told them that their Pharisaical Judaism they developed in Babylon did not stop them from breaking the Law; they only thought it did. Hence their constant condemnation of Jesus performing miracles on the sabbath day.

But Elijah and Moses appeared with Jesus at the transfiguration so they clearly were not comatose although they had not yet been resurrected.

Their bodies will rise from the graves and be instantly transformed, an instant before my body rises and is instantly transformed as well.

We are spirit beings wearing bodies.

The disciples were also despondent, and their society assumed that God was blessing rich people with wealth for their righteousness.

He wasn't.

And as Jesus said, with men, this thing (salvation) is impossible; yet with God, all things are possible.

I am saved because God saved me in his mercy and grace, as Jesus had satisfied God's justice, holiness and righteousness on the cross.

Aye, and I believe Adam and Eve were in similar bodies when they were created, filled with the Holy Spirit, the shekinah glory of God, that they lost when they sinned, and were naked and ashamed.

>wow, shekinah prompted "sheepskin" as the correct spelling of the word. God killed sheep and clothed Adam and Eve when they lost God's shekinah glory, his light. The light that irradiated Moses.

I don't feel particularly wealthy, and my attachment to my possessions is quite weak.

I don't know if I trust all the biblical accounts.
Like the Saints raising from the dead and flying through the streets? Surely a roman would have written about that.

>quoting old testament as anything related to jesus

kek

So, the absence of evidence is now evidence of absence?

And who said they went flying through the streets? iirc, they walked. Just like Jesus walked, after his resurrection.

Jesus appears in the OT many times, and every messianic prophecy in the OT is about him.

It's easy to write the sequel to a book known inside and out by your culture for thousands of years.

I dunno man, it just seems unlikely to me.
Why didn't any of the other authors mention it? It seems like a pretty big deal and the whole thing doesn't make much sense tome.

Yes, if you're God.

The gospels were written to four different groups for four different reasons, each showing a different face of Jesus.

If you don't believe the dead are raised, there's no way to become a Christian, and mankind has no hope.

The Holy Spirit inspired the bible, written over 1500 years, and he also maintains it.

The same cannot be said of other writings of the time.

You can still believe in the divinity of Jesus without believing the saints came back to life or people enter paradise after they die.

I'm skeptical of people claiming the Holy Spirit authored their text as well. How do we know?

2 Timothy 3:16

All scripture is inspired by God....

give you the Holy Spirit, who will bring all things to your remembrance.....[cite]

You're correct on salvation; Romans 10:9-10 is the clearest passage I know of on salvation and it has but two requirements:

1. Confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord; and

2. Believe in your heart God raised him from the dead.