/xcg/ - XCOM General

Cleavage Edition

Previous thread: News:
1)Julian Gallop Phoenix Point News (New Update: 02/09/2018)
>Demo video:pastebin.com/jH0Dgvxc
Q&A sessions
>phoenixpoint.info/blog/2018/1/22/julians-live-question-and-answer-session-on-facebook-live
>phoenixpoint.info/blog/2018/2/5/facebook-live-qa-2-terror-from-the-deep
>pastebin.com/PZWh2Zr1
>youtube.com/watch?v=iuN9g502cYM

2) A new unknown dlc was added for XCOM2 however there wasn't any anouncement yet.
>steamdb.info/app/268500/dlc/

3)LW2 will NOT be ported to WotC by Pavonis
>pavonisinteractive.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=26982

4)EXPANSION is out NOW
>xcom.com/war-of-the-chosen
>youtube.com/watch?v=n3bENBYSucQ
>pastebin.com/8prFHUNj

5)Jake spoke at PAX East on March 10th on the growing pains of rebooting XCOM
>pvplive.net/c/pax-east-jake-solomon-xcom-3

The /xcg/ Mandatory Read:
>pastebin.com/k9pT8zx4

/xcg/ XCOM 2 Character Pool:
>docs.google.com/document/d/12XvY-C-RoQZUexxauBXcCsw1jElq-g8TaCNpLgG2atM/edit

Image Library of /xcg/:
>imgur.com/a/S1qfx

List of compatible mods for Long War 2
>drive.google.com/file/d/0B0KYKP0J-c9vcksxLXBTUkFzdE0/view

XCOM2 modlist, updated long before WOTC (Out of Date)
>pastebin.com/pTMatP5Z

MEGA Mod Repository, now contains all of the mods in the modlist
>mega.nz/#F!HlgWjCqR!STJ0c0kW8Fs6jKynqKyerw

/xcg/'s Long War Library (New LW players read this shit or you will be ignored):
>pastebin.com/YmaXBKpN

Piratez mod for OpenXCom:
>openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3626.0.html

>The X-COM Files for OpenXCom:
>openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=4595.0

/xcg/ neither condemns nor condones that which is lewd
>pastebin.com/DwwGRCUH

Attached: 1330558644_preview_20180314012356_1.jpg (1920x1080, 204K)

fuck chryssalids

Attached: 1517542895602.jpg (1536x2048, 325K)

Attached: DVSWk9zU0AA42Ov.jpg:orig.jpg (1080x1080, 310K)

Fuck me I wanted to ask if I should feel bad about playing long war on classic and if it would get super boring and easy at some point (like my current legend wotc run). I tried playing on brutal but shit kept going very poorly.

Attached: 1484806204277.png (332x440, 166K)

Attached: DAMN BOY HE THICC BOY.png (1197x885, 2.02M)

Pistols are Useful.

Attached: bikini-Pistol_X_Cute.jpg (543x1029, 324K)

There is literally nothing wrong with burning aliens and collaborators alive.

You get more experience for shooting them first.

Train on classic. Learn the ropes first and then move to Brutal.

Attached: DVSWkh5UQAA-_u7.jpg:orig.jpg (1080x1080, 380K)

RIP Aniki

>Templar with superior mobility PCS
>Sprint halfway across the map
>Shank some dumbass + his dumbass friends standing next to him
>Sprint back into some really good full cover or become literally immortal for one attack

I'm in love

Attached: 14581537468986.png (327x173, 10K)

>Advent VIP extraction mission
>VIP well out of the way of the fighting
>his car randomly explodes and kills him
>mfw

Is the exploding car roulette from the first game still a thing? Never seen it happen before in this one.

Attached: orc hold on.png (500x500, 135K)

Pistols are useful

Uwot. Random stray bullets can tag cars across the map

Indeed
port when

Attached: BF1_Pistol_Obrez.webm (1280x720, 2.86M)

Pre-Alpha End of March or beginning of April

Attached: Excitement continues to build.jpg (1280x720, 164K)

Attached: Pre-Alpha.png (864x519, 406K)

So you think classic is too easy then?

I wish I knew someone to commission cheesecake/lewd art of Dr. Vahlen from

Attached: 1501543549946.jpg (836x1158, 699K)

*cough cough*

It wasn't even on fire or anything, and the only fire that went in its direction was a pair of grenades four or five tiles distant. If it did somehow get damaged in the fighting the game didn't give any sort of visual or audio cues at all.

Can you reload the turn to see if it was a visual bug?

yes?

>pre-alpha

Attached: 789.jpg (353x350, 31K)

gollop is too old to be making games

check pahael

dumb frogposter

Paheal ain't shit. It doesn't tell me if an artist is available for commissions or not. I've tried it before, contacted the artist, and get silence. If an artist actually came here, then that'd be a different story.

check your privilege, shitlord

Attached: ppp.png (282x341, 182K)

what is this

Vehlen today

This op is far superior to the previous op.

Op however is still a massive faggot.

Also I've worn out my recent addition to Into The Breach and Stellaris and I can't help but think Xcom needs more non-humanoid or non-bipedal aliens.

Hopefully the newest dlc/expansion will bring the goods.

Attached: IMG_20180301_193616_105.jpg (600x375, 37K)

Fuck this LZ

Attached: 20180316120907_1.jpg (1366x768, 164K)

Are there any WotC mods that implement something like Long Dong's Squad system? I really liked it for giving different groups a little extra identity.

Attached: raises hoof.jpg (620x413, 48K)

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 20180316121440_1.jpg (1366x768, 151K)

*Panics*

Attached: 20180316121808_1.jpg (1366x768, 149K)

>plenty of cover
>high ground

What are you complaining about nigger? There's that one hallway highway map where you spawn on one end and it's nothing but open bullshit and low cover until it's a mess of being split in two by impassable shit. I fucking hate that map

Is this a drawing

>high ground
You don't get high ground bonuses unless you have a sniper with squadsight

>plenty of high cover
Oh you mean that truck that has an entire dead zone of zero cover to get to it, and is easily flankable by flying aliens?

It's an objectively terrible LZ don't try to sell me the shit you're peddling.

Attached: 20180316122538_1.jpg (1366x768, 177K)

>Obrez

Wait. They really put -that- in the game?

Are you positive you accounted for every missed shot? Also sometimes cars are super sensitive. Ive had the aliens hit them once and then they blow up immediately on my turn.

I'm pretty sure everyone gets high ground bonuses to aim dude. or maybe that's aiming angles

Attached: 1516920315098.gif (640x480, 1.76M)

I meant that most of the firing positions that are on high ground can't see down to the low ground. The high ground can see the high cover truck though, but they still get the DR bonus while your stuck up top with half your squad in low cover since the truck is a death trap to approach.

What's your oldest save you have? Reinstalled xcom and found this. Makes me a bit sad desu even though it was only 3 years ago.

Attached: 9iM4g9o[1].png (1447x234, 161K)

Am I tripping balls or was the long war team able to make it so some maps could also be at night? I swear I'm playing a map that was always day but it's night in it. Maybe I just don't remember properly.

I think most maps already had night/day variants, but I also know they did jurry-rig whatever changes they could.

What have you got in mind?

Time to pre-order me PP.

I'M NOT GONNA MAKE IT

Attached: 1508875390965.png (394x360, 139K)

Literally how I felt waiting for x2

Attached: 1259441154228.jpg (104x178, 19K)

RELEASE IT JAKE

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

We need this.

Attached: day_by_day_by_hereticeidolon.jpg (2254x1369, 1.94M)

If Long Dong 2 had made the jump to WotC, do you think Arashi would have been made common pool?

Holy fuck how am I this trash at the game. As soon as I meet a spectre or snek, everything falls to pieces.

>Snakes pull people through 5 walls towards themselves
>Spectres just get to add a unit to their side for free
>Hunter repeatedly tranqs people

Attached: 1510374014993.png (496x500, 215K)

The shotgun? Don't see why not

Viper tongue has single digit success rate if you stick to high cover. Their native defense and grade is hard to deal with, templar are very useful against them early. If that is your faction recruit a second one if you can. This is true of every faction though.
The game never tells you spectres and codeces count as robotic enemies, and the drone tickle does only normal damage to them which conveys that they aren't, but they are. Bluescreen rounds on a ranger will kill spectres in one hit, EMP grenades have a chance to stun them. Great on sharpshooters with lightning hands too. Once he gets silent killer, always give your reaper bs ammo so they can clear the map of codeces and standard MECs solo without being revealed.
Hunter is by far the easiest chosen to handle. If you stick to cover he will tracking shot every single turn. Warlock has pitiful harass too, but up close he can fuck you up. Hunter however can only grapple around and shoot at you, and unlike Assassin he is not immune to reaction shots unless he gets that trait from training.
Chosen knockout gas grenade is 5x5, so keep your troops 6 tiles apart.

Attached: 1511319079158.png (700x700, 227K)

>The game never tells you spectres and codeces count as robotic enemies
>But they are

I hate this so much.
Just let me haywire a god damn Codex already.

Attached: stop it.gif (480x358, 1.16M)

>playing vanilla
>completely forgot to train up B and C teams and now I'm so far in I have to savescum every time somebody bites it or the campaign is FUBAR

Part of me wants to start over but I'm getting serious sunken cost fallacy from all the hours I've spent on the current run.

Attached: tiresome.jpg (807x659, 42K)

Can't really tell you how to get gud at hunter because I don't have trouble with him but like every other thing in xcom 2 you want to kill it right away. Kill snakes first. Their pull will activate other pods and is in general bullshit. Shoot spectres at least once, after that when they try to grab someone (which they always do) they are an easy kill.

And don't forget the 3 rules of xcom 2
1. Meme beacon
2. __Meme beacon
3. This is also meme beacon why did you even look?

You can't haywire spectres, and they don't take increased damage from combat protocol as far as I'm aware. It's kind of fucking retarded. You can psi dominate them though....

ok bby ill release it just for you :)

Kill yourself you insecure cuck.

commander,
We've finalized development on the new fighter aircraft. This should give us the edge we need against Advent.

Attached: 1500941817392.jpg (800x598, 80K)

Attached: 1259397025301.png (595x629, 15K)

>silent killer shots mean it's a 0% chance to reveal instead of always a 50%
wow that was conveyed well, cool

Yeah... that threw me off guard. Not sure why they even have it still do the animation. No I'm kidding they do it so it wastes your time.

Attached: piers 3.png (1920x1080, 2.39M)

please rein in the consumption of advent burgers

If Advent burgers do make you a huge muscled hunk I'll take 50 of them.

Yup.
Shit's fun and difficult to use

I cannot keep engineers alive in long war holy shit. Either garbage spawns, ridiculous RNG, or poor decisions always seems to claim their lives.

Attached: 1259362177430.jpg (233x270, 14K)

Scouts always bite the dust first. They have the toughest jobs.

I seriously don't remember getting as pissed off with xcom 2 on rolls as I am with xcom 1. I swear to god the number it tells you is complete bullshit. I miss like 10 30 percent shots in a row, and I know it's not a high number but it's 1/3 not 1/10000

Then right after all that the enemy does the same percent shot and hits it twice in a row..

not again!!!!!

I complained about the exact same thing to my friends when I started playing. I counted out of something like 10 50% shots in one game, I scored about 2 hits, and repeated this kind of result over the next few missions as well. I almost think in xcom2 if the hit chance is under 80%, deduct another 'possible' 20% from your hit chance anyway.

It could be my imagination but I felt l like I had to put up with the same thing consistently whereas I did not 1.

I had my sniper miss 4 (four) 70 percent chance shots. The next mission a thin man not only hit my engineer with a 17 percent chance to hit but also crit him and killed him. Gives me a fucking headache

>itt: people with no grasp on probabilities
>>>/steamforums/

fun fact, on all difficulties except legendary, the game cheats in your favor

What game are you playing faggot? I'm playing long war. Nothing in the game cheats for you. And yes we all get probabilities, but it feels good to vent when you've had a mission go south

As the other user already mentioned, XCOM 2 fudges rolls in your favor.

Probably why I'm less pissed when I play it.

i get venting when a mission goes south, but i just hate when people bitch about their 95% shots missing. like a 1/20 chance is rare

and even more so shitters that are taking ten 30% shots and being surprised when they get shit on because their tactics suck

The problem is you really don't know the situation that made the 10 30 percent shots necessary so you can't really claim the tactics suck. Unless activating every pod on the map to get a better angle on the enemy is your idea of good tactics. Long War has some bullshit spawn points in case you didn't know

user, read the other comments, everyone is talking about vanilla/xcom2 except for you. Which is fine if you want to talk about it, but you're ignoring the context.

he did imply he was playing xcom 2
c o n t e x t

I'm the person who started the whole thing and I said I find I get less pissed off when playing XCOM 2 than when I play xcom1. I mean I didn't outright say longwar at first but I did clarify pretty quickly. I thought it was pretty clear I meant I was playing x1 and that I was getting frustrated with the rolls, as opposed to whenever I played 2. I guess I could have been clearer.

>using meme beacons

guess im retarded, i read it as "me mad at xcom 2 rolls"

>I seriously don't remember getting as pissed off with xcom 2 on rolls as I am with xcom 1
Your sentence was structured oddly, I thought you were saying xcom 2 pisses you off. I had to read it a couple more times to realize that I was reading it wrong.

Attached: 1500837730838.jpg (500x285, 32K)

Ah well. Ive cooled off about the rolls and don't want to buttheads with anyone. I know the game isn't actually fucking me over but God damn do I hate my luck sometimes.

do the fucking aliums still follow you around when you're stealthed like they used to? or is there actual tactical espionage action gameplay?

They gravitate towards you if you haven't had an encounter for a while, but you can mod that out if you like.

>flashbang alien
>in full cover
>1 percent chance to hit
>hits

I hate you game. I hate you.

Attached: 1283324145765.gif (200x113, 1.8M)

How come people here say xenonauts isn't very good? Is it just the level of content or what? It doesn't have psionics even right?

It's boring

Is it the 80s theme? Or do you want more epicness like x2