Attached: y8TLHs.png (2000x1000, 492K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/lhdHVcGYHjw
youtube.com/watch?v=DleXxy_QJvM
gdcvault.com/play/1017660/Technical-Artist-Bootcamp-The-VFX
new-brutalism.tumblr.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

first for bashing the fash in vr

Attached: bashafash.webm (960x540, 1.97M)

remember to add waving to your game

Attached: waving.gif (500x301, 827K)

>playing as a commie and bashing a nazi
gee I wonder who might be behind that game

nth for how's your progress coming, lads?

When is DDXX?
or is it DDIIX

are you the user with the webms of stabbing those women in the eyes with screwdrivers?

Just started today for the first time in months. Feels fucking amazing to be back, bub.

When are you going to graduate out of the greybox phase of development user?

Attached: agdg new unity project 132.png (1451x779, 484K)

Made some new assets

Attached: Prop_Cupboard20s.gif (431x337, 1.13M)

>stabbing those women in the eyes with screwdrivers
i want to believe

casting spells

Attached: psuedo v19.webm (768x432, 994K)

n-no

Attached: misogyny.webm (638x360, 1.85M)

DELET IT

Attached: Prop_Bookshelf_O.gif (517x411, 1.93M)

Attached: Prop_Key1.gif (340x248, 332K)

kek. I wasnt prepared for that

I like your style quite a bit
Though not sure what's going on with that bottom part, maybe a plaque...? I really don't know, and the longer I look at it the weirder it looks
But besides that these are good assets. Instinctively, I'd say that I want to play this game.

Attached: Prop_Gargoyle1.gif (425x305, 705K)

Remember that you won't make it.

Good. I have too much social anxiety, I don't know what I would do if hundreds or thousands of people started talking to me about my game.

Thanks, user!
It's not very planned out or anything. I was thinking a a drawer or a plaque, but it's just a static background object among many, so it doesn't matter too much.

Attached: Flowers1.gif (348x293, 580K)

I'll do it. You'll see.

This looks nice. Snappy and responsive, attractive artistic choices (character, walls, shading/highlight) even though I'm guessing some of this is placeholder/early it looks nice.

Zzzzzz

Attached: shiba-inu-10[1].jpg (1200x800, 439K)

>finally release game
>wake up to 4 emails from pajeet and 1 email from a russian who pirated it asking for support

it's honestly not worth it.

you should have released on the switch

Attached: Flowers_Ferns.gif (655x396, 909K)

which parts do you think are placeholder

Why not just use ProBuilder instead of making your own copy of its functional?

where is your game though

you should have made stardew valley
user do you know how much money that guy has made? why didn't you make stardew valley, user?

Attached: Flowers_Ground1.gif (655x396, 330K)

why do you make a game instead of just playing one?

the completely bland and square ground

there is no inherent value in making your own copy of an existing tool

oh shit this is like a gf trick question
n-none
but really, I guess the shields/hp bar look a bit plain, there's no variation in the tiles, the flamethings are a bit too purely white

the shadows or the tiles that you move on
>there's no variation in the tiles
compare with this

the bars and the flame things are placeholder

Attached: mage simulator2.png (768x432, 111K)

Why didn't (You)?

I dont think working with probuilder equals playing a game but alright
I was just curious

Here's some early demo footage: youtu.be/lhdHVcGYHjw
It's a group-based school project.

Attached: Flowers_Vines1.gif (655x396, 527K)

>releasing on itch

yeah that looks kinda nice but a bit too orderly.

>compare with this
I don't really know what you mean by compare, but there's not nearly enough variation there either, unless it's a stylistic choice, but imo it's a bad stylistic choice.

Attached: Prop_Skeleton2.gif (431x276, 927K)

lewd

>yeah that looks kinda nice but a bit too orderly.
i mean it's meant to be readable

what kind of tile-based game looks nice
what kind of tile-based game looks nice then

I'm not sure offhand, but the next step for almost every game from where you're at, would be fixing that sand. Look how your detail is clumped in even spacing and it stands out. And replacing a 4x4 (or even 2x2, 1x2, ...) bit of the rock with a unique one, will go a decent way towards adding a little character

just have some variation tiles for the mountains and trees. don't be afraid to touch the tile border, maybe even make the sprite a bit bigger than the tile, just so it doesn't look like the same thing meticulously placed on a grid.

the towns look identical, the castles/towers also. It might be an attempt to recreate some nes/snes aesthetic, but I think in this day and age it comes off as lazily not putting unique detail into separate locations

what are some good sand tiles
what kind of tile-based games look nice then

give me examples

Well shit. I thought I should remake UVs so they're cleaner and long story short, I made them worse than they used to be.
I think I might just re-make a cleaner version, this one's a mess.
I wish I liked flat shaded stuff because then I could just throw this in the game.

Attached: fuck uvs.png (1920x1920, 888K)

starcraft uses wang tiles and fake iso. many indie games could learn from simple tricks like that.

i'm not going to use fake iso

you basically already are.

youtube.com/watch?v=DleXxy_QJvM

Oh my god!!! I can make my own video game now

you could do this like 10 years ago

Attached: wario1_1269473135[1].jpg (480x358, 141K)

I wish nintendo understood the 90's market no longer exists and kids don't give a shit about /diy/ toys anymore.

>RPG Maker free weekend, 75% off
>VN Maker free weekend, 25% off
Which one should I get if I want to make a 3D action MMORPG?

How important is screenshotsaturday?

how am i remotely using iso perspective

about as important as posting on twitter
absolutely worthless

Lego® is still huge.

libgdx

There are still plenty of kids that love building things.
Also I see the Labo is a good proof of concept showing developers that they can use the Switch controllers in unique ways. Hopefully this will lead to more unique control schemes for games.

After those bland white corridors and futuretoilets, why are you suddenly obsessed with a concerete stadium?

DirectX

I've gained a few hundred followers thanks to screen shot Saturday.

lego isn't really /diy/ though.
And minecraft kind of resurrected block love.
i hope so. i haven't really seen many interesting switch games, control wise. Everyone just ports to it because PORTABILITY.

>Labo
I feel like this is some movie I'm watching, where an executive gets too drunk and insists on this crazy idea, and nobody will tell him it's retarded, and when he sobers up he can't admit it's retarded so everyone just goes with it

I don't give a shit about labo but I'll be very surprised if it sells poorly

How can I learn how to make an MMOPRG?

I mean they're literally selling cardboard and some software for $80. It's not retarded from a business standpoint. It's kind of retarded to buy from a consumer standpoint, but people will buy it anyways. It's clever from a developer standpoint though, it shows the versatility of the Switch.

learn networking with parallelism, and concurrency. Then learn databases and servers. From there it's just starting really small, and slowly ramping up as you get more experience.

Are you for real user?

Okay thanks

>screenshotsaturday
what is it?

I like flip phones.

Can I justify my main character having a flip phone in 2018?

only if you accurately simulate flipping physics by letting the player close it by waving the phone fast enough

Also been playing around with a few options for fire particles. Baking simulations in Blender would eb the easiest way, but perhaps I can get a decent and more "cartoony" look in UE by using vector fields for natural flame movement.

Attached: ParticleTest_FireBake1.gif (283x210, 376K)

flip-phone with holograms and AR.

half of asian have them.
t. yuro flip phone lover

normie trend where you literally just take a screenshot of your game and share it.

>anime is an accurate representation of reality

Attached: 1380697092809.jpg (479x720, 42K)

Attached: ParticleTest_VectorField2.gif (383x321, 815K)

most anime now use !iphones

It's an accurate representation of the only reality that matters

Because I'm starting to have a scenario and I need some big ugly prison.
>obsessed
I'm not obsessed, I'm just absolutely terrible at detailing props/environement/mechanical stuff. And if I'm not focused on a clear vision, I'm very slow because I spend most of my time testing things.

Problem with baked sims is that once the player sees the pattern, it kinda breaks the illusion.
There's this GDC talk on Diablo III's effects and one part is about how they used noise to generate effects that just seem to go on forever, I found it great.

>Emarketer reckons that Japan now has 106 million active mobile users, of whom 48.9 percent were on smartphones in 2015. So the rest are still on flip phones, usually made by Japanese brands.
ok

Is this what you do potatodev? Is this what you do instead of working on the onion game?

Shit, forgot the link.
gdcvault.com/play/1017660/Technical-Artist-Bootcamp-The-VFX

You probably want the "ref" parameter thing, google it

If you REALLy want pointers - that is unsafe code in C#, google it aswell.

But i think you want ref

>it's a player asks you for a free copy of your game because they don't want to pay for it episode

Yeah. Thanks for the link.
To avoid samey-ness in a static bake, I'd use different baked animations to cycle through at random, but it would still be limited, yes.

Just wait until you get the
>I'm an up and coming Youtuber/Streamer with a small but dedicated fan base!

>I'm not obsessed
To me, the change in your direction/vision seemed like a full 180, which made me use that word.

Personally, I'm a fan of brutalism. For example, I love this and similar blogs: new-brutalism.tumblr.com/

However, it doesn't fit at all with your fututoilet and robot. That is why I was concerned. I'd hate someone to just half-assedly throw something together. But I guess you are still just doing "whatever" at this point.

B-But user, I'm just a poor lonely boy and it would mean so much to me to play your game because it looks so fun! Please and thank you.

I literally got this message right now
>I understand that developers want to be paid for their work, but for people like me that don't want to pay we'd still like a free copy.

I wish I made this up.

>Chose to learn Unity for a self-directed university credit
>Took 80 hours of a Java so C# shouldn't be that hard
>it isn't.
>Project is a simple 2D android mobile game
>Just finished half a book, which is essentially the beginner tutorials from the website
>KMaxCallBack (lol)
>Crash, lose 3 hours of work, find out I have to install a custom script to have an auto save feature.
>go to compile
>Unity advises to download the latest jdk and sdk, isn't compatible with either, doesn't list the last working ones officially anywhere on the site, but rather have to trawl through community solutions, 3 hours to fix, has been an issue since early 2017.
>All I can think is "Why would anybody choose to pay royalties and monthly fees for this garbage and frustration?"

This will be my last Unity project. Holy shit it is terrible.

I'm going Godot. Fuck paying for middleware - ever.

Attached: disgust.png (414x416, 220K)

I'm okay with them being small as long as they actually seem to care, I got one of these emails and their last upload was 3 months ago.