Are humans stupid?

Are humans stupid?

War, religion, etc. is the human race dumb?

Cuck

It's called "original sin" dumbass

And those things are stupid... in what way?

We're the smartest thing in the universe, as far as we know.

Yes, they are. Just look at average /pol/ poster. He is smarter than 95% of humans, while barely being counted as an intelligent being himself.

kek

why is war inherently dumb? it's perfectly rational to coerce your neighbors into paying you tribute

I would say smartness(proper functioning of intelligence) is an absolute and all humans make cognitive errors so stupidity is universal in some degree.

just the Frogposters.

Because rational agreement will always cost less i.e. if you know that you would be fucked than the smart move just pay tribute instead of being killed by hundreds and then pay the same tribute. From agressor side, stupid war is to attack the country that actually isn't as weak as it seems. Japanese Russian war is a perfect example. If one of side is stronger than war is mistake for another, but when both are equal than it is suicide for both. No major player who started it actually won World War I, as loss of resource and men overshadow the results, benefits for winning sides and so on.

The opportunity cost of war, yeah you can build an army and have it take your neighbor's gold. But you could have just traded for it.

what are you comparing them too?

Human nature

first comment best comment

Groups of people are stupid as hell. Individuals can be pretty smart.

All those things have tangible benefits to the genes and memes of the humans who advanced them. Remember, your personal survival is largely irrelevant to evolutionary forces.

Yes overall. Even as individuals. You can have a high IQ and be a stupid cunt that constantly makes bad decisions, but refuse to admit it because daddy didn't buy you an ice cream when you were 7 and you're still assmad about it.
We're a bunch of fuck ups really.

Duh. The average person gets average grades. So a C student. That means that at least over 50% of the worlds population is dumb as bricks. Keep in mind we are using western education standards here so everyone from poor and shitty countries is even stupider. I would say 80% of the human race is dumb as fuck. The rest of the 20% are spread throughout the globe and rarely agree on shit. They arent necessarily smart either, just not dumb. Some are lazy and dont try to better themselves.

tl;dr Of course people are stupid, just look in the mirror.

As compared to what?

Humans are perpetually deluded by the persistent belief that they are not animals, and it is precisely this that prevents them from transcending their physical prison of a body, which would make them *not* animals. The only god is Irony...

>grades
>intelligence
In order to get good grades you literally have to do monkey see monkey do. The school systems dosen't reward intelligence, it rewards obedience.

t. 15 year old who is falling algebra.

Yes

t. Being of sound mind, a human.

ilu user

And yet the aerage is a C. So you are only furthur proving my point. If you are not intelligent enough to "monkey see, monkey do" then you arent some genius.

As compared to what, retard?