What might Ancient Roman Women have talked about?

What might they have talked about?

Other urls found in this thread:

pompeiana.org/Resources/Ancient/Graffiti from Pompeii.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Superior Carthaginian men.

probably finding a good/rich hubby?

oh and they also manage the estates of their patriarch (especially when they go to war).

1. "I wonder how Scipilus is faring on his war against X"

2. "I wonder if my ceramic is out of date"

3. "What would life be like if a savage horde invaded Rome and fucked me(wet dream)"

Make up
Trinkets
Gossip about other women
How to get a rich husband, and if they already have one, how one's husband is better/richer than the other.

>why is the sun so hot?
>I'm bored
>pass the garum
>pass some more
>why won't Titus kiss me?

what do woman talk about today

>That's so funny!
>I'm bored
>pass the sriracha sauce
>pass the activated almonds
>why won't Chad rape me in the woods?

lmfao

household business and goings on in the community

...needs more oil desu

Potential husbands
The price of good slaves and produce
The latest in exotic animals and cults from the east
Shit that bitch Flavia said
What happened in the latest chariot races or gladiator games
How business was if they owned a store

The shame shit we talk about today. As far as we understand, human behavior has changed very little since then.

Gossip, like we've been doing for the past fifty thousand years.

>That's so funny!
>Im bored
>pass the fish sauce
>pass the Alpine chilled asparagus
>why won't Titus rape me in the alley behind the amphitheater?

happy wojak and pepe is the best

you autismo maximus

It clearly has changed. We have revolutionised society, and while there are many constants (we're cunts, we wage war), others have totally changed (how we interact, how we view privacy). Roman people shat in public together and it was seen as normal. Are you really saying our behaviour has changed "very little"?

BIG
GERMANIC
COCK

human nature hasn't changed user was trying to say, and for the most parts he's right, even despite different specific customs that rose from technological constraints
Have you read ancient Roman texts or orations? Cicero's Cataline Orations in particular? The same things we discussed today were discussed and debated back then, the only major barring being technology level and geopolitical differences.

So, let's say Romans magically had tablets and social media, any everyone had it. Would they have acted the same ways early 90's internet users did? Would it follow a simmilar development path and lead to debates on cyber security and privacy?

The common historical consensus is yes. Times may change, mores may change, but until a long time from now, we're the same being we were a dozen millennia ago. That's the point anons trying to make

Usually they talk about their kids if they have any. Complain about people that gave them a hard time, which is often men but sometimes women. When it's other women they tend to talk even more visciously/gossip about them. Also food, and more relationship/friendship drama/gossip. Also pop culture stuff and nasty sexual things with their close friends especially if its with a gay male friend.

t. someone who grew up as the only male in house of 8 females.

Nothing interesting

>food
>stupid crafts they heard about
>talking shit about each other
>pretending to be friends
>gossiping
>laughing at each other's unfunny jokes
>dumb superstitions

Trips confirm hilarity

It's not a very good point. Graffiti in Pompeii shows a totally different mindset to trolling, for example.

The reason I don't shit in public is cause I'd have to clean it up, not cause I'm ashamed

I bet you prefer the company of men

People currently shit in public together and see it as normal.

This desu I have no idea

One popular topic for discussion was always the various stupid cults they were involved in.

Standard paganism was mainly concerned with making sure that the gods favored the Roman state. It was intricately tied into power and politics, and as a result it was almost entirely run by men. But once new "mystery cults" started cropping up, women flocked to them. That's because these cults were often open to people from all walks of life, they offered a close and exclusive community, and they claimed to offer many spiritual benefits such as a utopian afterlife. These cults practiced rituals that might involve snakes, intoxicants, music and dance, bathing in blood, or any number of bizarre and semi-taboo elements. It rapidly became an easy source for conversation that was exclusive and exciting, among the close circles women.

>he has a 9 inch penis

Okay, let's talk about the really important topic here:

Male nudity seems to have been very common in ancient Greece / Rome. So when you're marrying a nubile maiden (pic related), what are the odds that she would have never seen a penis before? What about an erect one? I know women were kept extremely sheltered, at least among the upper classes.

>he only has a foot long cock

experiences they had with other people

the same thing people talk about today

>you will never marry a nubile maiden

>Face it, you'll never be able to please a woman with your disgusting, useless, pathetic, large penis. All women secretly crave superior SHORT and THIN Greek dick. She might try to comfort you when lay next to her at night, and say "please don't feel bad, your dick isn't... that big..." But you know that while you make love to her, she is secretly fantasizing about delicious pale, petite, Hellenistic cock.

Indians confirmed as true successors of Rome.

pompeiana.org/Resources/Ancient/Graffiti from Pompeii.htm

Wish there were more of those.

Interesting.

I got one for the Christmas season

thinking about gods and shit

they probably discuss what ancient roman women would've talked about

Why does this make me feel so good?

>"I wish Æthelbert and Theodric would rape me in the streets, my inferior med boyfriend's penis is too parvvs for my vaginacus"

Nice declension, douchebag.

It's parvuum and vāgīnae

Parvum*

>tfw you'll never live in Roman society

Just kill me now

Homosexuality was strictly forbidden in the Legions, you big homo.

>
That's why Titus won't kiss him.

HE SHOULD KNOW THAT THEN, GOD DAMMIT.

why does this make me smile?

Cur non ab viris barbaris pedicor nec irrumor?
Quanti boves mactandi sunt ad altare Isis?
Cur Maximianus non nocte media in lectum ad me stuprandam progressus est?

this is literally all they talked about towards the end of Rome.

>"Claudia Severa to her Lepidina greetings. On 11 September, sister, for the day of the celebration of my birthday, I give you a warm invitation to make sure that you come to us, to make the day more enjoyable for me by your arrival, if you are present. Give my greetings to your Cerialis. My Aelius and my little son send him their greetings. I shall expect you, sister. Farewell, sister, my dearest soul, as I hope to prosper, and hail. To Sulpicia Lepidina, wife of Cerialis, from Severa