Minecraft General - /mcg/ - Little King John Un edition

Previous thread ► 1. WELCOME

We discuss Minecraft, modpacks, projects, build ideas, etc.
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated for feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here, use the list from the link below to advertise it.

[!] Performance problems in 1.10+: use foamfix+Optifine (turn off terrain animation)

► 2. NEWS

>[23 jan 2018] the thaumcraft
>[02 jan 2018] The oldest news in this OP are now 1 year old. Congratulations for never updating this shit

>[31 dec 2017] MultiMC5 0.6.0 is out, featuring easy downloading of Curse modpacks and more.
multimc.org/posts/0-6-update.html

>[2017/Jun/30] Noodlor's Castle Collection is completed! Including a world-download:
imgur.com/a/NeywO

>[2017/May/14] GoG update is finished:
mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/228948-grimoire-of-gaia

>[2017/Jan/02] asie has been working on FoamFix, FabricMC and others.
asie.pl/foamfix/
github.com/FabricMC

► 3. USEFUL LINKS

>/mcg/ General text (to contribute news and info for the next thread)
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/mcg-op

>Modding Tools & documentation:
mcforge.readthedocs.io

>Curse downloader
github.com/TOLoneWolf/curseDownloader

>how2dostuff for newfags
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/mcg-modfaq

>Server list (own a server? Please move to the new Serblist.com)
serblist.com
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1w0Nywo6sZcexcYb46hTOfAwElaeUlPoCC4DKRFcMWYQ (Old)

>Ideas & Inspiration
mcnoodlor.imgur.com/
elworrier.imgur.com/
imgur.com/a/JPif9

>Castlefag's map
mega.nz/#!h3hi0TQR!areDzeQYr6RACXyDX-HE49BEIePIHze3liNoXg6Dhqg

>Cracked MultiMC for Linuxfags
anonfile.com/UcRapfdcbb/multimc-cracked.tar.gz

Attached: 1497379328116.png (600x508, 397K)

Other urls found in this thread:

minecraft.net/en-us/marketplace/
youtu.be/NXZEhi8t3uE?t=1m54s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Amazing, a new thread before the old one died.

>TiCon is the very definition of fixing problems by creating more problems.

>What is Applied Energistics

>750 posts
>page 10
better than no thread imo

AE2 is shit on here too.

and yet every serb has it and everyone removes ticon. something doesn't add up.

Minecraft inventory management is bad and applied energistics is an optional solution.

If you don't like it why don't you come up with some better ideas.

are there any /mcg/ servers

>AE
Yikes
I have no idea why people love this garbage so much

>TiCon isn't optional
Also Inventorium, Corporea, Colossal Chests

Because it's infinitely better than shitty wooden chests every fucking where.

>He doesn't know about vanilla sorting systems

>>>>vanilla sorting systems

Attached: 1515700062026.gif (200x270, 1.09M)

Attached: 2018-03-15_11.27.46.png (1366x705, 841K)

>Colossal Chests
So putting all your shit in the same place is only bad if it's expensive and lets you automatize crafting.
>Inventorium, Corporea
Far too expensive (especially in terms of time given how much shit you need to do before you can make them) to be worth using.
Don't tell me you dislike Logistics Pipes too.

>you have to go to the end to sort your items
fucking voozkee

I have a burning urge to install Techguns, only to mass produce arms and munitions to store in a massive underground armory.

>garbage unsorted dumpster clusterfuck is better than neatly sorted and organized mod chests\drawers\whatever
Try not playing shitpacks where you need 657828642 of anything

Unless in a modpack which makes the end harder, which vazkii's mods don't do to my recollection, going to the end is something you should be able to do within 2 days of playing, tops. You shouldn't even need an inventory system by the time you get to the end

Or... you could simply type the first three letters of what you're looking for in the search bar.

>Get Shot
>Ears Explode IRL

>Gets Shot
>Dies IRL

>not hoarding 657828642 of everything even in vanilla

Attached: 1511125472589.jpg (239x283, 40K)

Turning down player sounds (IIRC) or something like that helps to at least make your own gunshots not headache inducingly loud. Enemy shots are still fucking retarded, though.

>drawers
Those fire my autism up, even though they are in fact amazing I find it kinda annoying how easy the drawer controller makes their management. That's why I'm trying to go for a map without drawers, but my autism doesn't let me stay motivated for long.

Just wanted to post a picture that contained all my favorite mods for building. Earthworks, Rustic, BOP, and heat & climate

Attached: aesthetic2.png (1073x598, 748K)

>earthworks backport when

my vanilla valley, so far it's been comfy

Attached: 2018-03-16_22.57.38.png (1366x768, 1.44M)

The acacia seems to vibrant next to the purplish wood, what about dark oak instead?

Lookin nice
Is your comp too toastery to run shaders? if you are going to play vanilla, you might as well treat your eyes

>that crafting table in the bridge

You're not wrong. Umbran wood was mostly selected there due to the fact we ended up having tons of it from someone making a astral sorcery tree farm for it and then leaving it running for days.

>Have a run down small weapons factory on a ghetto slum biome fueling the ghetto lifestyle
>Get profitable enough you start enlarging your business
>Start producing military grade weaponry
>Start producing plasma and laser rifles
>The gunfights at the ghetto now look like a Halo 3 matchmaking.

Gentlemen.
What should the 1.14 update focus on?

Attached: VEbafgn.jpg (1920x1017, 218K)

Fleshing out the rest of the fucking game instead of adding new bullshit toys.

Modding API since its the only reason to play the Java Edition

>Chisel has a single tab in creative mode in meme versions
WHY?

Stopping the development so we have every modder on the last version for the comfiest time.

This.

just made dis :]

Attached: 2018-03-16_18.17.23.png (1665x966, 1.34M)

Underground biomes

Vanilla?
I did this when I was still new to mods.

Attached: 1463075234114.png (1366x705, 472K)

its a survival server, mostly vanilla as far as i know, idk

whats the diff between bedrock and java version? and can you play on the same servers with them?

Bedrock can't be modded, but it's cross platform, so you can play on an Windows 10 server from your phone, and your friend down the street can join on his Xbox.

Because 99.999% of people who play modded are going to have the good sense to have NEI/JEI installed?

Aside from the differences another user mentioned, bedrock has better performance, goofier redstone (no quasiconnectivity nerfs high end redstone, but you can push tile entities via piston), mob spawning works differently, skins can have more 3d appearance if they are official, there's microtransaction (minecraft.net/en-us/marketplace/ take a look for yourself)

It's probably not worth touching unless you are the absolute basic bitch of minecraft, someone with a toaster, doesn't do redstone, doesn't do mods, doesn't even want to make your own skin

That's not the issue. When playing Chisel on 1.7.10 the different type of blocks are split between tabs so all stone blocks are set on a tab, all metal blocks are set on another one and like that for all the other blocks but searching for blocks on a single tab is a pain in the ass even with JEI since block groups are scattered around across 10 JEI pages. It's just a small but really annoying issue.

search jei by oredict

Anyone here use xnet before? I was just trying it out and its very good but I cannot think of any set up that uses even 10% of the features. You guys got any cool xnet setups I can take a look at?

Attached: templar_castle_by_swat3d-d7rgm3e.jpg (1095x730, 313K)

Remade that world and the weird chunk of grass is gone now, so that's nice. Current base on the floating island is a literal boulder because I need more clay before I start my house.

Attached: 2018-03-16_21.11.11.png (1280x720, 458K)

is there a server

>want to keep a modpack "vanilla with perks" but also kind of want to add botania

Attached: 1508907831427.gif (504x504, 765K)

check serblist. discord also has two active serbs

Botania works well with Vanilla

Attached: by_warmachines3_1920.jpg (1920x1920, 1.28M)

Attached: by_renderfarm_1920.jpg (1920x1920, 2.01M)

This.
I'm still waiting for Microsoft to stop production of Minecraft to make Minecraft 2™ an XBox (Insert subname here) exclusive.
Now featuring spheres.

>lebbit feeling nostalgic for 1.8.9
Best MC version simply because of how hard it showed that early adoption isn't worth doing. RIP forever Emoniph, Intangible was fucking SHIT.

So, I want to use some sort of device to accept a 1 tick redstone pulse and output a variable length pulse that I can specify. E.g., I would like to be able to turn a 1 tick pulse into a 15 tick pulse, or 13, or 17 based on design.

I understand that there are vanilla circuits that accomplish this. However, they are somewhat large and, as far as I can tell, only length pulses by factors of 4 and I want more granularity than that. I am, however, playing on a heavily modded server, so I figure chances are pretty good that this server has some block in some mod that can do what I want.

So, my question is, what are some modded blocks that could accomplish this goal of lengthening redstone pulses to arbitrary durations?

Rat boy genius still give me goosebumpa

Attached: IMAG2749.jpg (3120x4208, 2.61M)

I'll give Botania and vazkii in general a lot of shit for a lot of things, but I gotta admit the mod is well made and meshes well with virtually any themed pack you're trying to build.

modlist.

A lot. It's a modpack server, FTB Revelations specifically. So most of the generic stuff, minus a couple outliers like no Ender I/O.

You've got compact machines so you can always just ignore size for any dumb redstone thing.
RFtools/RFtools control/xnet should absolutely have something for this but I forget what exactly. I want to say its the sequencer?

Open computing is also a great hammer for any problem.

The sequencer is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks, man.

Attached: 1521251769575.jpg (1743x1200, 412K)

Sleep tight, /mcg/

I started playing this game last week out of nostalgia and I feel kind of bad for not realizing how fun it can be. I first played this game when it was, I think, a browser game with some bricks to choose from. Then I bought it a few post release for 5 dollars I believe to play with friends but for some reason I didn't appreciate it. I always thought I wouldn't be creative enough but survival gives enough to work with to inspire building projects.

But what amazes me is how this game warps my perception of time. I've never seen minutes and hours pass so quickly. It's strange how hypnotic and relaxing gathering cobble stone and wood can be.

These are nice, though the latter one seems too complex for Minecraft.

erase many things but not /mcg/

Attached: 2018-03-14_15.38.59.png (925x530, 227K)

Bump before bed

goodnight emmkeg

Just wait until you start playing modded, and then you can achieve MAX COMF

What was the artist called again? I had his name before but now I forgot.

keep posting bros

bamp

Attached: 2018-02-12_13.32.28.png (1280x720, 458K)

dam

Attached: 2018-03-17_16.47.37.png (1366x716, 756K)

pam

Attached: sharktism.png (947x812, 100K)

>podzol
>in a jungle

Looks comfy

bumping the thread to axe a question: do villagers still have the like/hate system? I can't find any information on it.

Attached: cowtipede.png (545x271, 72K)

Attached: 2018-02-06_00.10.46.png (1920x1005, 1.52M)

>tfw cannot make potato knishes anymore
Why even live?

this would look much better with shaders. just fire up any 1.4.7 pack with buildcraft and ic2 my dude

With crafttweaker is there an easy way to replace all instances of an item with another item in all recipes?

Say for example you wanted to replace all thermal expansion energy cells with an IC2 battery, for all recipes (I don't actually want to do this).

Toxicjunglefag is that you

No, sorry, Im just reposting some of his stuff I saved in the hopes he'll come back.

Attached: 2018-02-06_00.12.16.png (1920x1005, 1.65M)

youtu.be/NXZEhi8t3uE?t=1m54s
A work of art.

Attached: 1521022790609.jpg (960x544, 52K)

>only a single thin post transferring force to the gondola

I hate that this bothers me but it does.

Villagers haven't been seriously changed in like four major versions, aside from 1.9 making farmers actually farm.

is making 3x3 chambers in the center of each chunk a good way to find slime chunks without world seed?

You're having a nightmare.

Redpower 2....
We need to go back.

Yeah there were IE hemp ropes all over it but I just world edited it into that world to do some testing, which failed miserably.

please

Was CivCraft good? I mean like, as far as a server goes, was it considered a successful experiment as far the whole political/economic simulation aspect went?

I ask because I'm working on a set of mods which is aiming for something similar, and I wonder if I'm kidding myself.

>working on a set of mods
Forge mods or Bukkit plugins? I've planned to work on some for the former, but never got around to it.