totalwar.com/blog/britannia-welsh-kingdoms
Gwined Lets Play -- youtube.com/watch?v=rrRo281tO5Q&feature=youtu.be

>Warhammer 2 Info
totalwar.com/blog/tomb-kings-patch-notes

>Total War Three Kingdoms Info
youtube.com/watch?v=s4D42vMUSIM&feature=youtu.be

>Rome 2 info
totalwar.com/blog/desert-kingdoms-patch-notes

Old thread Screenshot sharing and campaignposting greatly encouraged!

Attached: 1246i12a42.jpg (960x503, 58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1149696353&searchtext=unit size
youtube.com/watch?v=Wr-HMQ-oQG0
fanatical.com/en/game/total-war-saga-thrones-of-britannia
youtube.com/watch?v=g4tWrpJKjo0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

first for tomb cucks

Surrounded and with no escape, the celtic warriors of the Boii say their last prayers. Soon their lives will be ended by Suebic hand.

No mercy.

Attached: 20180316215810_1.jpg (1920x1080, 557K)

ABHORASH WHEN

Attached: Abhorash.jpg (300x454, 48K)

Can girls annex other girls?

Attached: 1521120150286.jpg (500x933, 171K)

does anyone here play with increase unit size in warhammer ?

Attached: storytime.jpg (950x316, 116K)

And so it begins

Attached: 20180316220612_1.jpg (1920x1080, 499K)

I thought this shit was fixed already

Attached: 20180316220537_1.jpg (1920x1080, 491K)

I have.

lolwut

It is fun ? Does the balance suffer from it much ? I really dislike the "small" numbers warhammer have

2x size with 10 unit armies.
its kino

I didn't manage to surround them, and now they're running for the high ground.

Attached: 20180316221046_1.jpg (1920x1080, 505K)

Pretty fun, makes the battles feel more epic. As for balance, I'll be honest with you, I'm normal difficulty playing scrub that probably wouldn't notice.

>I have the high ground!
>I have more men

Attached: 20180316221307_1.jpg (1920x1080, 548K)

this one user ?
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1149696353&searchtext=unit size

thanks i'll try it, i'm getting bored after 300 hours

>tob ranged units have smaller sizes than before
>have chance for critical strikes that ignore armor and missile block chance
the absolute fucking state of total war

Attached: G O B L I N S.jpg (1440x900, 227K)

Maybe.

Attached: 124265272.jpg (521x501, 120K)

"It's what the community wants :^)"

Yeah.

>>tob ranged units have smaller sizes than before
What is wrong with this? Snowniggers weren't known for their archery.

It happens much more rarely from my experience. Still pretty silly though

mods will fix it :^)

>I win a crushing victory against them
>Game crashes when loading the campaign map

Attached: 8236a24a4.jpg (316x202, 30K)

So basically some soldiers will randomly get insta-killed from the first volley like in some of the older games?

Until you got the top tier shit like blood dragons and the other monstahz

youtube.com/watch?v=Wr-HMQ-oQG0
thoughts on his thoughts?

>complains about the battles not innovating
>his only suggestions for improvements are for them to be like wh where cav sends people 50 ft back
>in a game with no actual heavy cav

>Hello my friends, I am indypride
dropped.
His voice is aggravating.

>amazons still not announced

Attached: GNhWKY2.jpg (1080x1350, 73K)

>tfw you tell your soldiers to make a frontal attack on a dug in, numerically superior enemy and the absolute madmen actually do it

Attached: Nagashino.jpg (1469x1000, 373K)

So basically a shitty unrealistic movie feature because muh sword and sandals audience thinks bows are machine guns and should just send dozens of men to their deaths with each and every volley, right through their armor like in Lord of the Rings and Troy and Game of Thrones

>same engine
>samilar time period
>samilar geographical setting
>Hurr durr it feels just like attila and AoC
I fully agree that monopolies in these particular cases are not a good thing for game development and innovation. Everything else he says though, is retarded bullshit not worth listening to

So, do photographers shag their models?

>want to like ToB
>shitty setting
>shitty ui
>questionable campaign changes
>created by an autist
>no siege escalation
>no mercs
>no religion mechanic
>crit% archers
>smaller unit sizes
the worst part is that is the only history we will get till CHINKMANII, which might be an unholy fantahistory combo

I was just asking. I have seen several people complaining about the hp system of the newer games when it comes to skirmishing. Wasn't it a debate with the Ancient Empires mod?

except when the thing happened in medieval 2, it was praised as real and true combat. Armour and shields will still be a thing user. The entire front rank is not going to disappear.

>>no mercs
literally false.
>>questionable campaign changes
Radious please go.

Japs have always been a culture obsessed with death and pointless sacrifice.

I mean Jesus fuck, who the hell insists on using mass infantry charges knowing full well that every enemy grunt has a machine gun?

Attached: __original_drawn_by_longmei_er_de_tuzi__fd71df732e4a18bbf59f045bf9d8ff10.jpg (1015x1176, 767K)

>the worst part is that is the only history we will get till CHINKMANII
you're getting more Rome 2 DLC

Does the Medieval II AI factions get free bonus stacks when you defeat one of their armies? I am playing as Isengard and it feels like I have to crush one or two full Rohan stacks every three or four turns while I am barely able to afford reinforcements.

at least they optimized it

>brainlets playing attila tell ca that their levy archers aren't doing any damage
>"how do we fix this guys?"
fuck me, when will CA get competition

>There are no specific mercenary units in the game. Some factions have access to units that to a degree representative of mercenaries of the time, for example the Foreign Soldiers/Gallowglass for Mide who reflect the employment/use of Viking warriors in Irish armies
straight from the aspie in charge himself
>questionable campaign changes
its a matter of opinion but having a bunch of shitheap ungarrisonable hovels spread all over your territory, with all units having limits + no ability to split them off might lead to a shitty campaign where you are just clicking on farms without a battle, like milkandcumgarglers said he experienced

fuck everything put out by the bulgarian devs, and fuck rome 2

>I mean Jesus fuck, who the hell insists on using mass infantry charges knowing full well that every enemy grunt has a machine gun?

BARs aren't machineguns.

they can but they shouldn't

Attached: 1d353078c99ea0fda3b63628c7b30004.jpg (780x2323, 263K)

You literally can garrison farms. It would not surprise me that Indypride the retarded Steel Faith Overhaul shill that he is forgot that every settlement doesn't have 5 billion units you can cheese the AI with.

>Bruno Nantel

I've got a hunch...

>Osprey Edition maxes out on images
Just like old times...

Attached: total war unit sprites.webm (1280x720, 2.69M)

>starts bitching about “agent spam”
Oh so I’ve been listening to a terrible player this whole time good to know. Agents aren’t broken because the AI is too good with them, they’re broken because the PLAYER is too good with them and the AI can’t compete with player agents. So, any time somebody complains about “agent spam” in total war it’s a red flag that he’s bad.

I really do miss pre-fantasyshit /twg/ but no point crying over it I guess

Attached: muh arche seleukia.jpg (1390x990, 1.25M)

that requires an army though, and afaik army limits are still in. You cannot build up the farms to have a garrison like minor settlements
>WH got rid of settlement battle maps
>ToB just gets rid of settlement battles unless you have an army there
woah......

he probably gets agents late in the game and gets them killed by the leveled agents of the AI
I've seen so many people bitch about agents spamming their armies, while having only a handful low level ones themselves
the sooner you get your agents out, the better

That happened in medieval 2? It didn’t? Maybe with armour-piercing crossbows but bows in that game are pretty weak against armoured opponents.

It literally used to happen, especially in the base game where longbowmen were AP.

>Missile units have 80 men as we've got them in a looser formation by default and larger than that they become a bit unwieldy
the future of total war

Which means you will have to keep armies in reserve to protect your farms and stuff by either fortifying chokepoints or the minor settlements themselves.

>longbowmen
They’re specifically AP in that game which makes sense. Non-AP bows do not gun down infantry like machine guns and they’re especially ineffective against armoured cavalry.

same, even though I had always wanted a warhammer total war, liked /twg/ when it was more about history

Attached: 347de854b175c35bf438031868c6b02d.jpg (564x465, 76K)

>Well you seem to be focusing on battles here so I'll talk about those. We've made changes to the combat rules to add a new critical hit chance to all melee/missile hits to help reflect the arrow in the eye effect, or a sword hitting a weak spot. This means that for example a missile unit firing on enemy infantry will not kill people from the first volley thanks to those critical hits, as well as affecting the hit points of soldiers as in Attila and wearing the unit down in that way. We've tweaked the collision radius of soldiers and a bunch of other values to improve the feel of battles
>>critical hits
fucking brilliant, just fucking brilliant

>keep army in reserve
>when the game has unit caps

Shut up, this general belongs to family.

>future total war are like TW arena, where you can field only a handful of units and their numbers are shit

eh, we used to campaign post about third age, Thera and Call of warhammer's bullshit unit stack spawns all the time.

>>>critical hits
yeah, nobody had ever died to being shot in the vitals.
Having 5 pila sticking out of your throat was what real total war was all about.

i know right, more combat should be to random chance - what if my melee units have a chance to pull off an "epic charge" that gives them double charge bonus, or a "counter charge" that nullifies the enemy's charge bonus? It would be so cool!

People take surprisingly long to die even with fatal injuries. If you’ve ever watched a Mexican cartel video you’d k KA that cutting someone’s throat isn’t instant death, in fact they suffocate before they die of blood loss. Death during the battle just wasn’t even that common, most deaths happened during the rout and usually not even close to 10% of the men would be casualties by the time one side retreated.

>melee units
A couple of single entities going berserk is not too immersion breaking. After all, it happened in medieval 2 because of the 2h bug and it was praised because it added immersion.

>wonder why jack lusted is such an autist
>wears ascots
>dresses like a child dressed by their grandmother in the 70's
>is an adult living in the uk and doesn't drink
this is the guy responsible for your next historical title

except there is a difference betwen deaths and incapacitation. When a soldier with his throat having 5 pila stuck in it keeps fighting, it isn't some 2deep4u type of human anatomy simulation, it is because the visual representation is fucked up

I know right, its like people don't realize that the brit archers were so successful because of the hidden +5% crit stat their longbows had

The game actually has some decent strategic features which is a shame because it seems like the guy really listened to community feedback and tried to make the map deep again like it was in medieval 2 but it’s just not enough to make me want to play Attila: better campaign map edition

>guy who made lands to conquer and is the reason why medieval 2 mods have a somewhat sensible diplomatic behaviour is in charge of CA's game.
hmm, really makes me think.

>next rome2 dlc is going to be a campaign pack

post ur bet

>brit archers
>successful
Ah yes. Which is why the Queen is the ruler of the Angevin empire and not just the UK

pls let it be pajeetland
inb4 slav DLC

It’s gonna be Boudicca
>can just reuse thrones map
>reuse Attila and R2 assets
>gets to have muh feminism angle with a strong female cheerle*cough* leader
It’s inevitable.

its going to be pooland

>inb4 Alexander

pls let it be true
>penalty to sanitation
>cheaper elephants
>longbowmen.
>religious dilemmas

>DLC confirmed for ToB
Not surprised in the slightest, but I do wonder if it'll just be faction packs, or if they're gonna make campaign packs for a glorified campaign pack.

>Unit sizes for melee troops are consistent with past TW's at 160. Infantry bodyguards can go up to 200 in size if a general has 10 command. Missile units have 80 men as we've got them in a looser formation by default and larger than that they become a bit unwieldy. Cavalry are 60 men, a little smaller but again they're spacing has changed to help emphasis the role we have for them on the battlefield.

Melee troops with shields fighting each other can go on for a long time if there's no flanking going on to try and finish off one sides morale. Average battle length we're aiming for is between 12-15 minutes, a bit longer than Attila's.

Is EB 2 worth getting yet?

Is pic related fixed?

Attached: EB 2 pikes can't kill horses.jpg (1920x1080, 489K)

If anyone here is actually interested in ToB, there an offer on fanatical that cuts 20% of the price.
fanatical.com/en/game/total-war-saga-thrones-of-britannia

They seemed to be pretty damn good against cav in my Pergamon campaign

Will this run more optimized than attila

youtube.com/watch?v=g4tWrpJKjo0

Attached: 1490704060776.jpg (750x1056, 220K)

that pic was from when the mod first came out.

everytime i launch a battle in eb2 it crashes any tips?

Where is the file located?

The idea was that the heavy foliage of the many pacific islands could hide the japs and allow to get the burgers with their pants down through surprise. Of course, with the americans just bombing the crap out of those islands and the japanese military general distain for the own men caused it to backfire spectacularly.

they said tob's engine is a slightly improved version of the engine used in WH1 & 2

>I mean Jesus fuck, who the hell insists on using mass infantry charges knowing full well that every enemy grunt has a machine gun?

They did something that looked like a banzai charge(just rapid manouvering in battle really) to great effect earlier in the war 2bh. The japs took a lot of shit that way

>Japs have always been a culture obsessed with death and pointless sacrifice.

Death is generally negative in Shinto. Also needless casualties has been frowned upon a lot in japanese military history. Nogi Maresuke is one modern example. The fanaticism at the later stages of the Pacific war did go a bit far though.

I think crynsos has a mod called lore friendly diplomacy which stops shit like dark elves inviting high elves to go to war with you and so on.
If the factions fucking hate eachother in lore they won't pull that shit.

yes, when they were well supplied against poorly supplied foes.
It did not work because the americans were largely armed with auto/semi auto weapons along with massive heavy ordnance superiority.

>yes, when they were well supplied against poorly supplied foes.

They did manage to do some great clutches against the brits.

yes, because the brits kept their colonial troops badly supplied during the opening stages of the war and moved most of their fleet back home to defend against the krauts. Once the japanese began to overstretch their supply lines after the fall of burma, they crashed and burned hard.

On the pacific islands it was a lot worse because they were constantly cut off by the USN

It also stops Dwarfs from making any sort of alliance with High Elves and worsens the aversion to the point they'll almost always end up at war, Thorgrim being a sane King who doesn't want war with the Elves be damned

well you can always burn influence for that.

>Once the japanese began to overstretch their supply lines after the fall of burma, they crashed and burned hard.

Of course, not to mention the internal strife between the jap army and the jap navy. I was just talking about the fast infantry tactics the japs deployed.