Monster Hunter General - /mhg/

Cute mewostress sluts!

>Monster Hunter: World
Deviljho, weapon balance, and more coming March 22nd.
monsterhunterworld.com/us/topics/update/

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Post or find a room ID. Squads are not searchable without one. 3DS use passcode 7243.
World, Preference: Small Monsters - Message: Zenny Farming - Private: No
Gen/XX, Objective: Gathering
4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Old:

Attached: image.jpg (1000x1208, 152K)

Don't enable this OP, turn back now.

What determines the damage of elemental CB phials? Is it in any way related to how much element is actually on the weapon, or is it just raw? Apparently Artillery doesn't affect them?

Meowstress is very cute & adorable, I love her a lot.

Remember to wear what you want and use whatever weapon you want because no matter what set you're using and what skills you'll have as long as you're actually hitting the monster you'll be better than Reddit "support" players!

Attached: 1427841001504.jpg (769x1087, 340K)

First for pc version will bring nothing but shitposts and undesirables in this comfy general.

>Four fingers and a thumb
Delete this.

Fuck off Worldbab

so call me a shitter but why is critical draw considered bad on gs?

i just started using it and I find myself sheathing/unsheathing a lot as I work my way into advantageous positions.

>Be gs
>Non elder dragon hunt
>Get to sleeping monster
>No ones placing any shock traps
>Everyones looking at me

Attached: 1488908017417.jpg (479x343, 101K)

Remember short hair is MUCH cuter than long hair.

Nah, feel free to not believe me then, whatever doesn't hurt your feefees.

I took the first successful attempt and ran with it because I wasn't enjoying the game. I've less than 150 hours in it. If you think I can't beat super duper lightning chicken without carts and in a non-garbage time I couldn't care less, because you're a literalwho shitter.

Attached: 1426797188066.png (1024x1024, 87K)

Attached: blackbear_msms-973372696485535744-20180312_183829-vid1.webm (720x404, 2.88M)

Attached: DYT1ZILU0AAVWfy.jpg (800x1092, 110K)

i think i'm too brainlet for LBG

lbg hasn't been relevant since slicing got nerfed

No proofs confirmed.

With the way they changed GS for world, the True Charged Slash is the only really heavy hitting attack, which makes Crit Draw useless since TCS is all the way at the end of the charged slash chain.
With the upcoming balance changes though, both the initial Charged Slash and Strong Charged Slash are getting some damage buffs so Crit Draw may end up more useful.

It is good, but the optimal GS strategy is not even using charged or strong charged and instead going straight for the flip.
What you're describing used to be the way to play GS. It might make a comeback since they're buffing charged slash and strong charged slash

Just started a new playthrough. How can I make things go faster? I want to reach HR as soon as possible

Either early game HBG use is an awful way to start or I'm just bad at it.

Elemental Attack
Elemental Attack Up

In world these skills were merged together.
Artillery never affected Elemental Phials

Elemental Attack +3 is all you can do for Elemental Phials.

Trying out Vaal GS, what's the recommended skills and armor?

I know this is going to get a lot of “bings” from trolls but we really need to address the toxicity in the community. Before the CODconsole players came this place was great but since worlds release /mhg/ has really lost a lot of quality. What are some things we can do to educate our new additions in how to treat your fellow hunter, /mhg/?

fuck this dumb catfucker. I'm making a new thread and we can all go move over there with an actual Monster Hunter OP image.

Same as everything

Fuck you user, if you aren't wearing memepatch, dober chest, nerg coil and using a diablos/nerg weapon you are getting kicked and blacklisted on sight!

Attached: 1446227152348.png (451x387, 156K)

Handicraft 3 or 4, Focus, Weakness Exploit

Whatever else you can fit.

Normal skills, handi+3~4

spread is pretty decent. it's like 10% weaker than hbg in raw power but has a lot more utility and is generally much safer. there's really not much of a reason to play hbg over it

yeah but i want to shoot things

Use a bow.

Remember to always thank your support players!

>Focus
Maybe it be worth it after the 22nd, but for now it's not worth

learn what a monster looks like as its put to sleep
if you see this happen during the middle of a quest, don't just blindly smack the monster because the first hit on a sleeping monster gets doubled, so you want to use the hardest hitting attack your party can muster

Get True Charging, fuccboi.

>with an actual Monster Hunter OP image.
This is MH you tard. Hate the phoneposter all you want for shitposting, but that is MH related unlike the one two threads ago.

Vaal regen build.

The first and the last rule that I tell people is that don't play with people online unless you can communicate in real time.

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT

GS is top of the foodchain when it comes to wakeups, so learn positioning for your level 3 charge for MAJOR DAMAGE

You'll get BTFO by mods user, don't do it.

cancer, begone

You still have to charge the TCS for max damage

Where did corner dooting even come from. Its been around for ages and yet when I first started playing it never struck me as a corner humping weapon.

It'll probably only be worth it in G-rank

>support players

What kind of meme is this? I've never hunted with a support player.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Shokugeki no Soma S3 - 02 [720p].mkv_snapshot_05.20_[2017.10.11_15.10.54].png (822x720, 603K)

Fuck off Iosefka, go back to birthing an abomination.

Teach me user

How do I space myself so that the third hit hits the head only?

Does their benefit to phials cap where it caps on the weapon, or could you go to +5?

MOOT

Which room is Bloodlust Mira playing in?

You know, your friendly hunting horn player who isn't so good at hitting the monster but makes sure to buff everyone as often as possible, or your SnS player that stands around and eats mushrooms, uses powders, and constantly flashes the monster even while they're grounded to help make the hunt go better for everyone!

>unironically thought /mhg/ lobbies would be like this
>actually join one yesterday
>literally no one gives a shit

Attached: 1450491221058.jpg (550x550, 50K)

>A literal god
>Abomination

Divine blessing of vaal hazak and reduce damage.

Exceeding cap does nothing for your phial damage, it caps out at +3 (+2 for Tobi CB)

>GL
>Max artillery
>Max guard
>Ugraan Protection
Go on user, tell me how much of a faggot I am.

Attached: FrontierGen-Gunlance_Equipment_Render_007.png (1353x1188, 800K)

>Gets to you fully charged TCS 20% faster
>not worth it

Is bow op?

>play gl
>do less damage than regular lance
truly the worst weapon in the game

In my opinion it heavily trivializes a lot of fights.. It isn't very hard to learn either.

Every weapon in World is OP, damage is inflated as fuck compared to monster health.
At leas I'm having fun

I'm exactly the same except without guard up so far because I don't have the gem.

>Download Character voucher
>Open game, receive voucher
>Save and quit
>Backup save
>Edit character
>Quit game
>Revert to backup

If you do this, you can revert your save and edit your character again, reusing the voucher.

>Download Character voucher
>Backup save
>Open game, receive voucher
>Edit character
>Quit game
>Revert to backup

If you do this, reverting to your backup save will remove the voucher and you won't get a new one.

Be careful, and good luck with the surgery.

Attached: shutterstock_6076739[1].jpg (1680x1120, 92K)

we have a room up!
7FYCF6pWnxMn
it's almost full so someone else should make another room.
come join in for the never ending t2/t3 farm!

Attached: DWyfRk7VQAETB6q.jpg (1607x2463, 311K)

Just slap this build on with Vaal GS. Not only will you be getting 5 min elder kills but you'll look good doing it.

Attached: Monster Hunter_ World_20180314012623.jpg (1920x1080, 400K)

Two rolls away, a step or two towards and plenty of practice.

Evade extender is way better than both guard and guard up

6Mp8M7sEmP6F
Current room/session/farm ID (id)

Attached: mpEQoBH.jpg (1080x1920, 341K)

Arianna is the one that births an abomination. Iosefka just twitches on a table with her shoes off.

>he uses Attack 7

Attached: image.png (276x241, 30K)

t.retard

Should I just ignore Special Ammo Boost and Piercing Shots if I'm going for elemental Bow sets? Trying to build around these hampers my skill spread but that Dragon Piercer is so good for breaking and cutting.

Fine, I'll humor you. What now?

Attached: really.jpg (2000x1125, 470K)

How the fuck did you fit all that shit in?

Yeah, it probably is, but I'm not confident I can time my evades, so I just went with "block everything mode"

Which one do I choose?

Attached: [Mushin] Hajimete no Gal - 11 [OVA] My first school festival (BD 1280x720 x264 AAC).mkv_snapshot_10. (658x706, 672K)

>If you do this, you can revert your save and edit your character again, reusing the voucher

For what purpose though? The edits would get reset too

Maybe, but that's not the way of THE WALL.

what pieces?

Attached: 1520870618017.jpg (720x720, 53K)

Forgot to mention, full cancel chain to true, don't let those first two slashes out.

If you're not wearing the veil theres no point in vaal armor.

Attached: FemVaal.jpg (858x1200, 336K)

Game is for comfy.
Thread is for shitposting.

That's how it seems.

rate my hammer set

Attached: image.jpg (340x608, 64K)

shit but comfy

>17
Time travel confirmed to still have lack of proof

It's not only about evading, evade extender lets you hop around so much quicker. Even if you love guarding you should still try to fit it in because it makes you so much more mobile, which helps you reposition and be more offensive.
Honestly I can't play GL without it anymore, it feels so clunky

Unsheat your Great Sword and unload your True Charge for those sluts.

I mean sure you can where the veil if you want but you won't be able to fit WE rank 3 in.

To test how well the face looks ingame. The way your face is rendered in the character creation screen is not accurate to how it's rendered outside of cutscenes, some features look much worse in the lower poly normal gameplay rendering.

Boring, but ok.

What sort of things does Flinch free 3 block that flinch free 1 doesn't

Say no more

Attached: Monster Hunter_ World_20180313233351.jpg (1920x1080, 421K)

So it is based on the element on the weapon. Does that mean a weapon with 600 raw and 300 element would have weaker phial hits than one with 500/400, assuming equal weakness?

Ah, the good ol "I don't know there is a roll/evade button in this game" set.

Knockback is the kind of thing that happens when you get hit by an ally, just a bump back that interrupts your shit. Tripping is when you land on your ass briefly.

List of players you can play with in /mhg/ sessions!

Fishie
Laius
Jeannu
Deadcreeper
Elfriede
Choir Girl Vicky
Lor-quan
SpookyBoi
Catpun
candy
MASTERLINKX
Modacai
Ava
Emi Tsuju
Nyx
Egregoros
Adam
Katya
Dairry
Nephutis
Arslan
Aaron
Arcmen
Vandark Holme
Xiphos
Nora
euggy
Vandarkholme
Noine
Meadows
Ruuk
Oushin
Antares
Weeaboo
BAAL
YourMom
Luna
Hafiz
Lionheart
Sammich
Shalako
Bloodlust Mira
Mana

If you see any of these names, please send them your guild card!

Attached: Hanako_0.png (1280x720, 750K)

my dick

Feel free to post your faster runs.

Don't know why I was expecting anything sensible.