/ggg/ - Guilty Gear General

To Buster, or Not To Buster? Edition

Previous Thread: Beginner's Guide: docs.zoho.com/writer/published/3s2nhd0dcc35f4f504b4f91707d369ee87b9f
GG Crash Course: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLj34EySs1IeZ8GpjKW8R2T6dzI6B3GSuH

>Match Videos
keeponrock.in/

Attached: tbontb.png (973x772, 1.08M)

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!5NxWVRiI!EtQOeaqDFtt63T8Q--Zj_Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

ram

Attached: 1503863567772.png (799x1036, 211K)

Best Wife

Attached: 67627870_p0_master1200.jpg (600x338, 67K)

BASED WEST COAST

>making new threads early
Don't make this a habit

GGs guys.

Attached: 1508476883739.jpg (1920x1080, 278K)

GGs everyone, grats on winning Mash N' Dash

I'm watching the vod

Axl/Ino is actually like 6-4 and not as bad as people meme it to be.

Also I had birthday train set on all of my matches.

If I wanted to pick up Leo, what should I focus on first?

Also what are some basic combos I can start with?

Attached: 1513857733064.png (512x323, 19K)

lobby where

ground combo: pksh rekka unga bunga
air combo: j.ks[1] jc j.kh236h

thanks for hosting as aways gear etc etc

The discord is kill and WaifufagChemotherapy is our Supreme Champion. GGs and thanks for stopping by everyone. I'll get that zip file together of all my select screenshots.

Attached: 20180316222619_1.jpg (1920x1080, 431K)

Top 10-3 Jokes That Went Way Too Far and Ended in Tragedy

Attached: 20180316230135_1.jpg (1920x1080, 541K)

Faust is cute!!

Attached: d3mge.jpg (839x1474, 135K)

Jack-O'

Attached: 1465080960898.jpg (1000x1400, 182K)

Attached: screenshot sound.png (555x414, 490K)

One basic bnb you'll always find a use for is:
>5K c.S 5H 236S 236H 214S
Air dust combo:
>5D > j.H j.H j.K j.S(2) j.c j.K j.H j.236H
Backturn combo:
>bt.K bt.P bt.K bt.P bt.S 236S 236H 214S
Backturn combo 2:
>bt.S bt.H bt.S 236S 236H 214S
Also, when you hit the third rekka, you can generally RRC and get a combo extender with 6H (needs microdash if midscreen) bouncing them off the ground. Example:
>Midscreen: 5K c.S 5H 236S 236H 214S RC 66 6H 66 5K c.S j.K j.H j.236H
>Corner: 5K c.S 5H 236S 236H 214S RC 6H c.S j.K j.c j.K j.H j.236H
From an air combo, your gameplan is generally going to be to get as much damage as you can or carry them to the corner and end in a j.236H to end up on the ground in backturn stance. Just note that these combos aren't really optimized, and you may have to change them to get them to work on some characters. If you're entirely new to fighters I suggest getting down the universal mechanics while you focus on learning Leo. The combo trials are actually pretty good for figuring out what chains into what. You also want to learn not to mash every button while in backturn stance. That may work against newer players or catch someone offguard every once in a while, but mashing those buttons while someone blocks actually pushes you further away from them and puts you in a bad spot since generally you want to be right on top of someone while in stance.

Attached: gghighiqleo.png (847x805, 467K)

ggs guys, thanks for hosting pviot

Thanks! I'll lab all this until I forget how to neutral then I'll try to join ecpc some time.

>palicca steadily working his way up through clean play and serious labwork
>neesocks keeps doing nothing but rotating among his gimmicks after a year
baka

Jack-o literally has nothing but gimmicks

Jack-O is an honest, fundamental character.

Alright 4 hours later we're finally wrapping up, thanks for hosting the tourney Gear, thanks for participating everyone, and thank you for hanging out in the stream and the post-tourney lobby as well, was super fun
GG is God's gift to humanity, praise be, night everyone

Attached: 1504134204007.png (640x428, 397K)

first off, never talk about me ever again like you know me you little shit eating faggot
second, kill yourself you dicksuscking niggerfaggot
im not here to impress you or anyone else, and you're not impressing anyone either faggot, people like you are the absolute worst
eat shit and die

Attached: 1452426878759.jpg (600x600, 39K)

Love you too baby

Attached: 1488632699651.jpg (809x1200, 86K)

Not as honest as Axl

Attached: 1508315226770.png (537x607, 507K)

palicca got cool stuff. Meanwhile im still auto piloting p ball oki over here and it just keeps working. Really need to sit in lab over spring break and try to learn new things

Attached: 800px-Ggxrd_venom_stingeraim.png (800x488, 133K)

Well thats not fair, no one in the game is more honest than Axl.

Thanks for hosting, I enjoyed the games. Especially your Bad Moons and Disc -> Turbofall crossups were extremely hard to deal with.
Thanks, but that's just 550h of only Venom. I still manage to drop a lot of stuff and do incredibly stupid shit even after all the time I've put in.

I'm curious how many of those hours are in the lab v actually playing people? I got like maybe 210 on venom fighting peeps, 5 goofing around on other characters 25-26 in the lab, and another 30 on misc stuff like story/arcade mode.

Attached: 1511976469290.jpg (112x112, 17K)

Bumping my soundtrack archive from the last thread. I highly recommend all of you anons download this because I might take the link down after this thread dies. Enjoy anons.

mega.nz/#F!5NxWVRiI!EtQOeaqDFtt63T8Q--Zj_Q

Attached: 6a3b1ddb2db5d07b62f80ff9dd3d9028.jpg (842x1200, 743K)

bless ye immah be downloadin it while I sleep. hopefully mega no crasherino

Attached: 1509683926529.png (377x326, 25K)

tfw i already have all of these but i prefer the blazblue OST

I'll be on the next thread hopefully, so if it does crash and the link does die on my behalf I'll generate a new one for the next thread just for you man.

I don't blame you. CT ost is (almost) perfection.
Too bad the game was FUCKING AWFUL

Also MEGA has a 10gigabyte transfer limit on your IP address so if you downloaded any shit from the past 24 hours that's over a gig then you might be screwed
Please I'm praying do you have the Overture albums in FLAC? I'm praying really hard here man.

offer much appreciated i'mmah catch some Z's now, night mang.
I downloaded that ggx dojin album and did a partial download/cancel of the whole soundtrack vault, canceled because I didn't want it to be lagging my tourney matches so immah just have to hope I don't hit that limit

Again just say in the next thread or here if you hit the limit and I'll remake the link so my MEGA doesn't get suspected of copyright because I know lurkers like to nab links and post them willy nilly

nope sorry, i have volume 1 in 256 and volume 2 in 320. I couldn't find volume 1 in non shitty bitrate anywhere
honestly the guitar intro in bullet dance ii is probably my favorite daisuke musical composition

Attached: 001.jpg (1280x1813, 852K)

Ha! That's the bitrate in my upload too. There was a FLA upload on this old forum I found a long time ago but the link was dead. My soul was then crushed. I get paid next week so I plan on maybe buying some GG CDs to give the community the most definitive FLAC collection of GG music to date.

>bullet dance ii
My god what a fucking disappointment that song is
>amazing intro with that organ and guitar
>and then immediately falls off a cliff

Attached: Disappointed.gif (251x320, 2.2M)

Speaking of BB I need to update my FLAC archive in that series. I found some threads for it all but haven't had the time to nab the tracks for them but the CDs for those games actually have some defects in them making some tracks having popping in them. fml man

Whats the best way in a training type mode to learn to reliably anti-air and follow up (especially when you have really bad anti-airs)? I am playing against real people too, but I noticed this is a pretty big glaring weakness of mine and need to work on it.

desu i like all of bullet dance ii but i feel the same way about black onslaught ii. the opening to that song is incredible and then the shitty vocals ruin it

record jumpins? you could start by forcing counterhit on a jumping dummy. then move on to recording scenarios that happen to you in games.

You should just record the opponent jumping in using a certain normal, and seeing what moves work.

Not just seeing what wins, but what is also practical. Like think can you really do this on reaction or is this based off the fact you know the opponent is doing it.

Then play with different angles, low/high IAD button, Super jump button, etc etc

What character are you playing anyways?

Why weren't you in the tournament

>then the shitty vocals ruin it
I mean, that's just Black Onslaught. I'll admit, I might be a bit biased, cause I LOVED Bullet Dance. But a lot of songs suffered in the transition from the I's to II's
>Motor Head
>Weak Executioner
>Imperial Code
>Alexandrite
>Howling Moon
>Oriential Flower
etc. etc.
Had things to do, couldn't participate.

Zato, so with nobiru I am fine, but when I am on the defensive I have a really hard time not getting counter hit when I aa

>Especially your Bad Moons and Disc -> Turbofall crossups were extremely hard to deal with.
That's actually a very fraudulent mixup, usually the chance for me to use it arises after a late disc, so you can just jump FD away and void the entire mixup
Of course, if you commit to jump FD, you open yourself up to a meaty 2K, which is the safest and thus relatively more common option.
MINDGAMES

Should I have a secondary, /ggg/? If I should, who should I play? I'm having a lot of trouble finding one.

Attached: 7665940305324435.jpg (340x395, 25K)

are the combos on dustloop still worth learning or is there a better resource if i'm looking to learn a specific character

Yeah sub Bedman.

tell the character you want. odds are you just want to take notes of jonio footage

jam
leo

>leo

kick slash rekka x3 what else do you need even at a basic level?

>jam

Shit mostly works for basic stuff, advanced is lacking because it wasn't updated with puff puff setups and jS buff.