> How to Webm
obsproject.com
gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter

Attached: 87w9qN.png (646x260, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=91o1IxY_n9c
docs.blender.org/manual/en/dev/editors/3dview/navigate/walk_fly.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Should I bother implementing code to prevent enemies from spawning from the same spot in the y-axis if they start to overlap?

don't give up!

Attached: don't give up.png (598x1021, 402K)

>predictable spawns
zzzzz

what were your experiences during

i give up

Attached: 1520395276885.jpg (653x435, 41K)

Zzzzzz

Attached: Classic_Shiba_Inu_Dog_Sleeping_Pose-640x480[1].jpg (640x480, 80K)

hello gen z
it was intentional to sabotage AMD cards at the time.

what is the best art style for vidya games?

Attached: art-text.jpg (615x461, 79K)

Give up on this forced meme.

youtube.com/watch?v=91o1IxY_n9c

Using PlayerPrefs, I now I have functional currency in my game.

Feels good. Haven't been this excited since I made trampolines in my game.

Attached: IN91.27284305-1-x.jpg (500x493, 42K)

I enjoy having a hobby.

What's a cool scifi term for the interface a commander would use to command all of a faction's operations?

I'm an artist! Tell me a little bit about your game and I'll tell you what style suits it.

Remember to use ImpactHtml5!

Like supermeat boy but upside down.

LCARS

Terriblevegetable Girl

Able to select vertices and add a positon handle.

Attached: 56445564.jpg (742x608, 33K)

If you don't have another source of income, stop gamedeving right now. You will never make it.

Ok, and what engine are you using?

can you do this in game or editor only?

Nice VVV clone

>maybe if i post enough demoralizing things everyone will drop out of gamedev and i'll have zero competition / won't feel like a useless shitter because everyone else dropped out too

What's the next stage of your master plan?

Mirror's Edge. But actually good.

Attached: peter-molyneux.jpg (463x372, 74K)

Is he related to the other Molyneux

Get your shit taste out of my face

ok

Attached: 1520593800928.jpg (1080x809, 97K)

editor only. i don't want it to render non-stop. but it would be possible in runtime. just a little bit more work.

Thanks : ). environments are pretty much as they were day 1 and probably do need revision sometime.

Attached: fr_lobBig.gif (687x446, 3.9M)

(You)
Besides that one shitty cutscene boss, ME was great.

Post more. I love seeing damage numbers go up!

how many games can i submit to small world jam?

i want tog ive a fuck

Either 1 decent game.
Or a couple shitty ones, its up to you.

get a hooker

ok
this shit took longer than expected and because of the a* pathfinding im using i can't actually code proper collsions and between objects that are the same
i had to jump through some hoops but now it is working pretty decently i would still be careful with building things to make really tight spaces

Attached: 1517759616326.webm (800x450, 2.16M)

Would give a try. Mirror's Edge disappointed me.

Just because you asked : ). I'll take any excuse to post for more (you)s

Attached: fr_fractureLob.gif (854x615, 3.41M)

for me this worked: find what you really want to do. and don't limit it to "what's productive or useful", limit it to what you are interested in. for me it's making level editor tools, that's what i aim for. but right now i don't even want to make a level editor, i just want to edit a basic cube. i know what my goal is, but i don't care about reaching that goal. i care that i find the small things about it interesting, the challenge to figure something out.
that's the real source of motivation, being interested, not wanting to reach a goal.
if you aren't interested in anything, you should take a bath, take some time to cook a very good meal, watch some movies, lay in bed and enjoy it until you feel the need for something challenging.

that makes sense, thanks user. I think being more honest with myself is a good start

just get a sense of how stressful it is to put yourself under pressure. if you become aware of it you can actually notice how your body stiffens the moment you put yourself under pressure. you somehow suddenly become stiff, frozen and unable to act. it's like pressing yourself against a wall. you have to stop pressing against the wall and allowing yourself to fall back.
at least this is what my psychological problem is. but i keep getting more aware of it.

Anyone making engineering games here?

>you're always devving user. why don't you pay attention to me anymore?

Attached: 1520812869481.jpg (683x1024, 59K)

You got fat and I like making games more than you

Pick what I'll do today agdg, coding, art, music, 3D modelling or trying out UE.
If you don't really feel like deciding.
>1-2 coding
>3-4 art
>4-5 music
>6-7 3D
>8-9 UE
>0 sleep this night like any normal person

Attached: 1501030464360.jpg (246x212, 19K)

rolllan

I was trying to use variables to make player preferences easier to manage, but it didn't work.

seconds = Time.deltaTime;
if (seconds >= 60)
{
seconds -= 60;
minutes += 1;
}
if (minutes >= 60)
{
minutes -= 60;
hours += 1;
}
PlayerPrefs.SetFloat("minutes", minutes);
PlayerPrefs.SetFloat("hours", hours);
PlayerPrefs.SetFloat("seconds", PlayerPrefs.GetFloat("seconds") + seconds);
Debug.Log(PlayerPrefs.GetFloat("seconds").ToString());

But what did work is:

PlayerPrefs.SetFloat("seconds", PlayerPrefs.GetFloat("seconds") + Time.deltaTime);
if (PlayerPrefs.GetFloat("seconds") >= 60)
{
PlayerPrefs.SetFloat("seconds", PlayerPrefs.GetFloat("seconds") - 60);
PlayerPrefs.SetFloat("minutes", PlayerPrefs.GetFloat("minutes") + 1);
}
if (PlayerPrefs.GetFloat("minutes") >= 60)
{
PlayerPrefs.SetFloat("minutes", PlayerPrefs.GetFloat("minutes") - 60);
PlayerPrefs.SetFloat("hours", PlayerPrefs.GetFloat("hours") + 1);
}

PlayerPrefs.SetFloat("minutes", minutes);
PlayerPrefs.SetFloat("hours", hours);
PlayerPrefs.SetFloat("seconds", PlayerPrefs.GetFloat("seconds") + seconds);
Debug.Log(PlayerPrefs.GetFloat("seconds").ToString());

So is there just no shortcuts to avoid using GetFloats inside of SetFloats?

Before you ask, yes I am stupid.

Attached: 13895377_1071787919584382_6347121403248164647_n.jpg (395x182, 12K)

>when a game engine has more intuitive 3d navigation than your dedicated 3d modeling software
>looks at blender

The first line example was

seconds += Time.deltaTime;
not
seconds = Time.deltaTime;

I just wanted to make my code easier to read.

name one thing maya does better than blender

What engine are you using that has better 3D navigation than Blender?

you forgot to call Save() after all your Sets in the first example

On it now.

Attached: yes 2.gif (250x250, 46K)

Switch to
while(seconds >= 60)
and while minutes...
only having an if only lets u handle if seconds are between 0 and 119, after that it will be wrong.

idk about the rest of that cancer heap.

He's probably the same autobaby that's been shitposting for ages about blender.

unity, fast and simple controls. takes actually only some minutes to get used to.

i'm not bashing blender to praise anything else. actually 3d software is almost impossible to afford for hobby devs, therefore blender is the only option. but i still think that blender is unintuitive.
just open the shortcut preferences. blender almost crashes because it has to load thousands of shortcuts. something is wrong with that.

so mirrors edge dlc

Why would it only allow between 0 and 119? Why wouldn't it take 180, turn it to 120, see it's still too high, then turn it to 60, then 0?

it's not unintuitive, you just haven't bothered to even learn it. it uses a different paradigm from WIMPshit.

read noob to pro

Hello agdg, id like to pick up godot as my first engine. i need to learn python or C# to get into it right?

>can fly around freely and intuitively with WASD controls in Unity/UE4
>can't in blender
?

Because its an if statement.
It check to see if s >= 60 one time and moves on.
while wont move on until s >= 60.

docs.blender.org/manual/en/dev/editors/3dview/navigate/walk_fly.html

Why the fuck are you saving anything but seconds or even ticks and then just parsing that for display? Absolute nightmare to manage all of those values -- what's next, days? weeks? months? years?

Why would you just go on the internet and lie like that?

She looks retarded. Like she just shat her pantsu.

anime style. say the new DQ or ni no kuni

my dick can only get so erect

>read noob to pro
that's actually the problem. i don't believe that a software should hide it's functionality behind a burden of tutorials.
if you enjoy blender, good for you, i don't. and i even read many tutorials but it's still not intuitive in my opinion.
and whenever i don't use blender for some time and get back to it, i forgot all the shortcuts. whenever i get back to unity i instantly know how everything works. guess why that is.

it's like everybody uses the same controls but Blender says "nah, we make it so that not a single shortcut matches any other software". that's at least how i feel when i use it.

neat, good work!

Reminder that you shoud be sculpting and retopologizing your characters, not polymodeling them unless you're aiming for a blocky aesthetic or making a robot character.

Contrary to what most people believe, sculpting isn't just for high frequency detail, rather, it's a really intuitive workflow, even for indie game developers. Sculpting with dynamic topology is a much faster, easier, more freeform and overall better way to create your character. Once you complete that step, you can move straight onto retopology, where you can focus entirely on the edge flow of your character without having to worry about the form factor. Hell, if you're lazy, you can just automate the retopology side of things, making a few adjustments afterwards.

Most peoples' idea of sculpting is spending days or weeks on an extremely high poly model, getting every little detail right. That's only for if you plan on using a normal map, which most OMA indie devs aren't going to bother with.

Reminder that im a no dev that focuses on minute details instead of like just make game.

Yeah, just get Sculptris if you don't have money for anything better. It even has a texture paint mode and it also has automated uv topology. You can even load your own brushes.

> i learned [other modeling software] with zero tutorials
sure m8.
>i want every program to be exactly the same
I bet you've bitched about the control homogenization in FPS as well.

That's because you have a low IQ. You don't need to memorize any shortcuts because there's literally a menu option for all of them. If you want to use shortcuts, you have the option of customizing their key layout, or better yet, printing them on a sheet of paper and sticking them on your wall. Again, it's not rocket science, but I can understand why a low IQ would have trouble.

Load my own brushes? Gee whiz! Where will I begin? I have so many!

it's not a burden, just learn the absolute basics and you can figure out the rest if you aren't a retard. it's not like maya doesn't have it's share of completely off the wall interfaces which are not consistent. the only 100% vanilla interface in a 3d software is 3dsmax. and maybe milkshape.

Reminder that you're an idiot who can't read.

and because you can't read, you shouldn't be devving. Find another hobby, kid.

I was watching some random tutos on youtube, but is this book really good?

Attached: no means yes.gif (380x258, 2.01M)

yes. it starts right from explaining to you how to understand the interface through nearly every kind of tool you can use.

T.b.h. 90% of the trouble I see people having with blender is not knowing a tool exist or how to get to it (i.e. the shortcut), a shortcut pdf/map seems to be the best friend of someone starting to learn blender.

>a shortcut pdf/map seems to be the best friend of someone starting to learn blender.

Attached: 356356356.jpg (240x160, 7K)

>Welcome back to the 2018 Symposium on mathematics and education
>While you're taking your seats, our next speaker is user, who will be talking to us about the mathematics involved in, er, video games.
>Why don't you begin by telling us a little about your game, what engine you use, how long it's taken you, and so on

Attached: download (2).jpg (259x194, 8K)

>well i put the blocks together and they do a thing and i copy some code from online after looking at stack overflow

Can Jai save us indie devs? Will it be the ultimate indie game language?

>going to some nerd sausage fest

gay af

????

Jai is shit.
The only half-decent things it has are temp storage and nice compile times.
It still has disgusting syntax, lack of features, and J-Blow has a hate-boner for functional programming so have fun implementing map/filter and other nice things yourself.

I know this is a meme but thinking about the time when I'll actually need to think through math formulas to decide how stat points will affect a character's behavior actually give me some chills. There are so many things to consider and deciding how much weight each one will have is such a big responsibility.

you only need to know the basics like g, s, r, x, y, z, b, c, n, t and the modifiers. the rest can be found in menus or simply searched for in the spacebar menu.

>have fun implementing map/filter and other incredibly slow functions unsuited for games yourself

>spend years of your life working on something
>you're actually proud of it
>name it something fucking retarded like Jai or Godot

t. has never used them in his life
map/filter aren't exclusive to FP langs, lad.

>Coq
imagine your 70 year old thesis advisor saying Coq to you on a weekly basis
imagine being a 70 year old professor having to say Coq all the time

Coq team are french, lad. And the frogs have always been lewd.
>The word coq means "rooster" in French, and stems from a local tradition of naming French research development tools with animal names.

Testing out procedural map

Attached: screen2.png (632x632, 97K)

>what engine
>catch on that they're trying to meme on me
>get up close to the mic, say in a mocking voice, "Sorry, not interested" then laugh at their pathetic asses on my way out

>print it sticker papers
>???

Attached: 1496570345216.png (1795x849, 171K)