Into the Breach

Into the Breach General /itb/

>intothebreach.gamepedia.com/Into_The_Breach_Wiki

>store.steampowered.com/app/590380/Into_the_Breach/

>subsetgames.com/itb.html
Mods:
The nexus is coming soon.
>Acid Judoka/Cut-Content: drive.google.com/open?id=1bu8j4wKKVKCwT_y5oow2JQFtFuwS5RvR
>Retaliation Ralph Pilot Skill
drive.google.com/file/d/1LTYWE1tuMvp1txQ0ybjp7cWCxBwON7NP/view?usp=sharing
>user's cute waifu portrait (replaces Camilla's sprites)
mega.nz/#!tkBi3aBY!dCZtr7HlzaicVVaQGMsLeVbTlpOhZw8aDvexsBqBYig
imgur.com/a/cq9Ll

Previous Timeline:

Attached: ITB webm.webm (576x324, 2.73M)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/28QF9W0r
pastebin.com/EXYN801B
youtube.com/watch?v=Lcr16qN3hKs
cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/418142041189646336/424602481578999808/2018-03-17_19-16-18.mp4
imgur.com/a/extdB
twitter.com/wannabepixels
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

judoka are the best squad prove me wrong

prove yourself right

Swap mech should be the first thing I upgrade on the Flame Behemoths right? Who's the best pilot for this team?

mantis or silica on swap
no one else really makes them change much
Archimedes is good on any melee mech

why is the secret squad so bad
why cant they have unique abilities like other vek

>FTL secret cruiser
>best boarding ship in the game

>ITB secret squad
>fucking shit

why

Rust buckets on suicide watch.

Attached: DSC_0803.jpg (3264x2448, 3.9M)

If they could at least have pilots they would be fun to play

but whats the fucking point of playing something that you cant customize

the charger is the worst because its just a worse titan fist with a dumb smoke gimmick that hurts you more than helps

Ive used them exactly once so far and did a 4 Island run on hard mode. Please explain how they are bad.

I thought they have great synergy. They play almost like the rift walkers except they get dope upgrades. Also I dont have time to bother wih pilots since they just slow me down, heh. If anything id say they felt overpowered during my playthrough and their undieing pilots is OP as fuck. I had so much resources left over at the end I was just dumping everyrhing into grid.

Attached: 1521200786905.gif (144x136, 44K)

Wrong

Attached: sddsdsdsds.png (567x947, 165K)

Do a 2 island run with them and see how fun they are, they are boring
I just need to get 3 wins next and I will be done with them for good

I should be jelly that you beat my score but you saved those precious lives my dude.

Attached: 1521087965227.png (610x764, 162K)

>Playing as Vek scum
5 wins and done, just to even out the chart

Attached: sddsdsdsds.png (650x621, 44K)

Vek do like grabbing their own ass though

Attached: sddsdsdsds.png (313x565, 28K)

I want to marry the swap mech!

ara ara

Attached: تَكْبِير.png (331x303, 20K)

>no grid damage or failed objectives first two islands on zenith
>lose all but two grid on the first 3rd island mission
>lose abe on the ram mech in a fire
>somehow still manage to get the 3 island no failed objective achievement and win the game
Alphas are a bitch. I don't know how flame behemoths deal with them.

>lose abe on the ram mech in a fire

Attached: chrome_2018-03-16_13-12-15.png (279x142, 36K)

>mfw ram mech catches fire after attacking everytime.

What hazard mech should age pilot?

i like him on the frog since tank is likely to get kills on its own

>that fucking Hornet
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 2018-03-17_09-48-40.png (1920x1080, 254K)

gonna have to take that grid damage bruh

>acid + fully upgraded unstable cannon

Attached: sickos.jpg (576x960, 92K)

you could have prevented this

>victim blaming
How dare you.

Bethany and Isaac Jones related? Both are black with glasses and sciencey.

Abe best pilot confirmed tho?

While she and Isaac Jones are technically brother and sister, there hasn't been a timeline where they both were alive to realize this (either Bethany dies at a young age, or Isaac dies - only one of them could be saved in the womb b/c of a chronic medical condition their parents had)

>"Isaac [Pinnacle] has seen too many timelines collapse, and seen too many permutations for how things can go wrong - his high intelligence actually works against him, rather than makes him more confident because he can imagine all the ways things can go wrong (think Chidi Anagonye in The Good Place). He feels ill-suited for being a soldier (his squad mates usually agree, but his scientific knowledge is indispensable).
>While he and Bethany are technically brother and sister, there hasn't been a timeline where they both were alive to realize this (either Bethany dies at a young age, or Isaac dies - only one of them could be saved in the womb b/c of a chronic medical condition their parents had). He respects machines and sees them as equals due to being raised on Pinnacle (he has faith in Zenith, perhaps too much as he feels she's too intelligent to do anything wrong).

>Isaac is as much of a genius as his sister, although self-doubt weakens him. He has considerable knowledge of aeronautics, physics, gravitation theory and manipulation, and a number of other fields. It is likely Isaac could master any science he chose to, his only block is his own perceived limitations."

>"Bethany Jones [Pinnacle] served as a physics engineer at Pinnacle, helping design and refine Pinnacle shield technology. Having only grown up on Pinnacle, she's somewhat sheltered with regards to the other islands, and she tends to trusting of others, taking them at their word. She loves the cold and the snow, but she's also excited by the opportunities to see other islands in the Corporate archipelago and learn from the people there. While she and Isaac are technically brother and sister, there hasn't been a timeline where they both were alive to realize this. Bethany has had a more positive upbringing than Isaac, and her genius is tempered more with empathy and optimism than Isaac (who had a much more difficult childhood).

>Pilot Backgrounds
pastebin.com/28QF9W0r
>pilots.csv
pastebin.com/EXYN801B

This one is going to be fun.

Attached: Breach_2018-03-17_13-34-45.png (1862x980, 272K)

4 alphas and your tank has 3 hp? good lord what island is this? 2-3?

4. You dont need hp if you one shot everything.

I had Silica on flame mech once, was pretty cool with the bonus damage procs.

Emergency bump.

This seems like a ability the VekMechs should naturally have

Attached: Untitled.png (1264x709, 250K)

That WOULD make sense, actually. And improve the squad.

How do I git gud?
I have already a few hours and like ten or so timelines and haven't managed to finish even once. I once went on the volcano island after two island, but got utterly raped in the cave because I thought the fight was over and let them destroy some pylons at the end of the surface fight. Rift Walkers are the only squad I have played so far. Should I try another one or just keep at it until I get the hang of it?

Try Rusting Hulks. They're basically easy mode.

I am boned, closed the game and looking for tips on how I can salvage this and not take 5 grid damage.

The only upgrade I have is the beetle bomber guy hits 2 tiles

Attached: Untitled.png (1282x752, 133K)

You can take 3 and save corporate tower by shooting the tile between normal hornets with your beetle. Just a first thought.

You only are at risk of losing 4 grid in this state since 2 vek attacking a tile with only 1 grid power to it can only take at most 1 grid damage. I'm 1 achievement off from unlocking them myself so I don't know the damage output they have without upgrades.
If the beetle does 2 damage, you'd want it to kill the psion, then move the scarab to hit both the hornet 1 and leaper 5 and pushing the alpha hornet 4. Then using your own hornet to cleanup hornet 5.
This of course is contingent on beetle killing the psion because otherwise things go boom.

>finally did all the achievements and beat the game with the secret squad
feels good man

guess i can hibernate until big mods or an advanced edition gets released

>You can take 3
This seems like the best case scenario
I hate when new enemies spawn and everything goes for buildings, 3 4 and 5 were not on the board the turn before

With the level editor, has anybody started fabricating certain scenarios yet? Like chess problems, but with Veks. You create one and others must solve.

>I'm 1 achievement off from unlocking them myself so I don't know the damage output they have without upgrades.
They all do 1 damage, the Vek Squad is exactly the same as their AI counterparts, 2 health each, 1 damage, same movement

What should I upgrade first on rusting hulks? Smoke damage seems good, but I'm not sure.

Attached: tfw no gdef.png (128x130, 3K)

I go for +1 range on jet. Often lets you negate two attacks with one move when bugs line up.

I always upgrade the range of the jet, so you can hit 2 tiles, for 2 reactor

Range it is then. Hopefully this will let me cheese my way through hard mode.

the best upgrade you can do is to buy and enable another smoke producing weapon.

smoke damage is dope. +1 range of attack on the plane-mech is ok too because it reduces the chance it won't have a dead turn.
what you can do is to move the "smoke damage" weapon onto that mech so you can reallocate the energy into the attack range in case you are playing on a map with many 1 thickness walls.

Give ability ideas for crazy waifu.

Attached: 1521074252388.png (321x329, 9K)

Deals +1 damage when at 1 HP

Should I do a run where I just blow up mountains to get the FTL pilots?

which mecs excel at mountain demolition?

Thought you can't mod skills?

But:
1) +1 damage, +1 self damage
2) Replaces repair with self destruct. Survives death.

Friendly reminder that based Gana siempre gana.

Attached: our bot.png (597x145, 20K)

I get the shield on the support mec.

But I also use Chen Rong, so the strat is I use the push ability and then I either protect something by using the mec as a shield or I cover a burrowing vek.

works well for me.

None, it’s foolhardy. Just go to Snowman Land and keep an eye on the ice. In 6 games I found all 3 FTL pilots there.

Attached: الله أكبر.png (484x184, 12K)

You can always tell ahead of time which mountains or ice sheets have the special pickup because they will be already cracked and have a little golden glowy visible inside them.

Which Island will be easier to complete?
This is my last one to get 3 wins

What should I use my last reactor power for on the hornet? Repair drop, Air strike, HP or Move?

Attached: Untitled.png (1644x1085, 261K)

You can mod "add" skills in a very limited, unintuitive and janky way. For example:

1) Not doable.
2) Doubt it, because I'm pretty sure that replacing repair is hardcoded.

is also not doable.

In general, anything involving adding damage is impossible.

I've managed to give her "+1 movement if 4 or more enemies are on the map" in the stupidest way possible. Making it "+X movement if at 1 Health" is also possible, for example.

The tooltip is wrong, because the bonus move is associated with Kickoff Boosters.

Attached: mcinsane.png (1280x752, 132K)

youtube.com/watch?v=Lcr16qN3hKs
I believe this guy said cracking mountains yourself doesn't work. Your best bet is to take an easy run to the 4th island and make it ice

Attached: dISTANT FRIENDS.png (1920x1080, 1.22M)

Can you give pilots other abilities?
For example,
>+Armor
>+Flying
>+Double Shot
etc
"if at 1 Health"

RST
acid has armor+ spider boss

just do 4 island runs, allegedly hitting mountains has a chance to have them, but ive never seen anyone confirm it

Attached: Cracked Ice Tile containing FTL pilot beacon.png (1920x1080, 204K)

Nope, no can do sadly. Pretty much involving abilities of existing pilots if out of the question. Tweaking them is also out of the question.

I could for example write Lily's ability from scratch using this stupid hack of mine, and give her greater bonus movement or have her bonus movement decay over time.

It would still have wrong tooltip in-game though.

New squad.

Attached: 1.png (1281x721, 70K)

Looks beast. What do their weapons do?

Thrower places a sticky bomb that explodes when killed, 3dmg aoe.
Miner charges to a location up to 3 tiles away, placing a mine on every tile it passes. Mines explode for 3 damage. If miner bumps into a pawn, it pushes it.
The robot has a normal artillery weapon that damages the tile and adjacent ones, and pushes. Both robot and thrower have a secondary weapon - push the button to explode a sticky bomb on the map. Can be upgraded to push nearby tileswhen button is pressed.

Attached: 5.png (1296x758, 136K)

I just want my Steins;gate characters pack mod.

Attached: angry little guy.jpg (489x479, 34K)

The thrower mech is kinda silly looking, but I LOVE the concept overall. Looking forward to taking them for a spin and see how they pan out.

Also i made a video but it's mp4.

cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/418142041189646336/424602481578999808/2018-03-17_19-16-18.mp4

The squad is fully upgraded in that video, 15 cores.

Hope this works.

You draw them, I'll add them.

Attached: 4.png (1281x721, 125K)

Yeah, that thrower dude looks too "biological".

>sticky bomb
Guess he also takes skill.

why is he fondling the tube

I think it'd look better if the cannon was smaller and the mech was on tracks instead of legs.

Sucks balls. Hoped for high moddability when I saw the luas just lying there. Then I learned you can't even get rid of the +3 grid def let alone do anything fancy.

Only critique I have is that the button itself is literally useless if you aren't using this squad and a waste of space on the grenadier when a thrower isn't present (ie random/custom squads).
It wouldn't be worth using to detonate blobber bombs since those threaten grid/mechs but that's the only extraneous use I can think of for it to be usable on other mechs.

I played few games and found the button to be useful. If you don't need it, you can also sell it at the end of first island, so it's better than nothing. It's not mean to be the main weapon.

>You draw them, I'll add them.
>Try to do pixel art for the first time in 8 years
>my soul when

Attached: external screaming.gif (190x201, 94K)

He loves his job.

Attached: 6.png (1102x582, 82K)

I moreover meant that if you find the weapon on a different squad, it just occupies space that would otherwise be filled by a potentially-usable weapon/passive.

You can create maps, mechs, weapons and some other stuff, which is nice.
You can't add or edit pilot abilities and experience bonuses in a sane way, which is ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING.

But you can add waifus, so it's not that bad.

Custom weapons in my mod are not added to drop lists. I'm not sure the mod loader even has proper support for that yet.

Oh, didn't think anyone would bother ripping/rescaling the portrait but here's the proper sprites including the blinking animation. imgur.com/a/extdB
Too bad about the modding limitations, although to be honest I'd be fine with purely cosmetic clones of existing pilots (preferably without replacing them). Would have to look into how to change the lines of dialogue though.

Attached: blink.gif (183x183, 6K)

Yeah I know about those, but I'm less of an 'add stuff' modder, more of a rework and rebalance the whole game kind, so it's a bummer.

I was hoping to find you here again to badger you about blinking animation.

Also, if you're feeling adventurous - I'm replacing Ralph with her and he has a special animation called "glare". It has 6 frames instead of 4 and it's called sporadically, just like blink.

You can put something fancy there if you want. Smiling, winking to the camera, whatever you want.

Attached: Pilot_Original_glare.png (366x61, 21K)

Fair enough. Wish there were a less-clunky way to implement that functionality. I imagine an alternative being like the deployable tanks with 0 movement but with a self-destruct action, but that'd be a pretty substantial buff since it'd mean each mech would get a move and the bombs themselves could detonate independently from those actions.

I actually think I'm going to add an upgrade to sticky bomb launcher allowing them to move, like Dota's techies mines.

Also, forgot to add, editing dialogue is doable and not that hard, but so far only through changing the original files - I couldn't figure out how to do it easily via mod loader.

So if you want to add some dialogue, I can help.

Aw nice, thanks for sharing this one too. I really hope Subset can patch in some versatility with modding and creating pilots.

Can I install a second copy of the game, and use that one for mods?

>tfw no doom guy tier portrait animations

Save data is in user directory which is shared between installations.

huh is this literally based of the Breach games for atari st/amiga?

Attached: 1493307681486.png (640x256, 34K)

Truly a humbling experience.

Attached: daru prep the phonewave we have to try again.png (1205x535, 383K)

Which squad has the coolest name, and why is it the Rift Walkers?

we should ask for custom pixel art
twitter.com/wannabepixels

Attached: Untitled.png (732x900, 463K)