/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

Infosec edition.
Previous jej:
The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.
Whether or not a game belongs in /egg/ is a case by case matter, however games that would belong in /svgg/, space voxel games general, are automatically considered /egg/

WebM for physicians:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

List of currently known and vaguely not dead /egg/ games (this list is not fully inclusive and if you think a game might belong here, feel free to ask):
>Algodoo
>Avorion
>Besiege
>Chode - Children of a Dead Earth
>Corneroids
>Crossout
>Empyrion - Galactic Survival
>Factorio
>From the Depths
>GearBlocks
>Garry's mod
>Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>Infinifactory
>Intersteller Rift
>KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>Machinecraft
>Opus Magnum
>Robocraft
>Robot Arena
>Scrap Mechanic
>SHENZEN I/O
>Space Engineers
>SpaceChem
>StarMade
>Stationeers: Dean Hall scams you
>Stormworks
>Skywanderers
>TerraTech
>Wayward Terran Frontier: Zero Falls

Games that are definitely not /egg/:
>Minecraft
>The general that quite literally cannot be named.The Mexican scam artist one. With the shitposters. Fuck off. Look it up on desuarchive and stop asking.
>underageb& who won't use the search function and also won't read where are they posting
>REM

Information about these games, such as where to get them if they're not on steam, trailers, /egg/ conquered/hosted servers, and other shit can be found in this pad:
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggames
fromthedepthsgame.com

OP pad for future /ded/s
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggop

Warbros Serb rides in CLANGhalla eternal, shiny and chrome

Attached: internet security in a nutshell.gif (539x484, 424K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fast-files.com/getfile.aspx?file=157256
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Attached: grilled.jpg (3008x2000, 2.66M)

First for DRMworks

I'm a idiot, can somebody explain the joke of the .gif to me?
I know the whole security question thing but i can't understand wether the joke is "they are too easily bypassable" or "they are the biggest clusterfuck ever made"

Attached: 20180318133127_1.jpg (1920x1080, 992K)

>anons getting mad gamedevs put a big ol' fuck you for illegitimate copies in their game
AHAHAHAHA

>yes goy, pay whatever the fuck amount of money for something that will be forever left in a barely complete state

>tfw too much of a brainlet to ever design such a setup even on max resources no ayys

Attached: 1509638018855.jpg (166x249, 5K)

>its fucking 6 bux for a game thats already fun

boo fucking hoo

Attached: 20180317101140_1.jpg (1920x1080, 149K)

Too much considering how broken it is at the moment

quick someone email the dev and ask if that shark DRM meme is actually a thing

Attached: giphy-1.gif (480x480, 375K)

>anons getting mad gamedevs put a big ol' fuck you for illegitimate copies in their game
what are you talking about?

Why not put it to the test?

Only 10 dollars. It's a steal.

Attached: old-abandoned-rusty-frame-of-a-truck-in-forest-next-to-road-HY68A5.jpg (1300x1066, 337K)

>implying you would buy it anyway

skubworks added a swarm of sharks that fuck you over if you pirated the game

15€

>Remember goyim, the market is controlled by the players! We as devs dont manipulate the market at all!

Attached: crossout arbiter account.jpg (1578x934, 164K)

jokes on you, i found a working crack, no more sharks,only gamedev tears
eat shit moralfag

run stormworks.exe and enjoy
fast-files.com/getfile.aspx?file=157256

Attached: devilish.jpg (470x595, 44K)

Move to a shit country

Biggest clusterfuck. Almost no way to get the exact same colour value if you don't have the numbers available, password one won't help if you forget your password, time one is impossible to recreate, breakfast one doesn't include any other options, and the last one chooses the question you chose as the answer.

christ, what a turbofaggot hoster is this

i just made the green circuit section and the iron gear section and just piled stuff onto it until i had everything

Attached: 20180318141550_1.jpg (1920x1080, 785K)

its from a pokemon manga (pokemon adventures ORAS), and not a fan made one, looks official

>tfw not a jew

Attached: CO_stats.png (1501x433, 208K)

the pokemon manga has always been more graphic than you'd ever expect out of the anime/games

Attached: pkmn.jpg (650x481, 72K)

Disappointingly, she's not actually dead,
even though an angry dragon just smashed the most pointy part of its body into her abdomen.

Why disappointingly? Was she she-hitler?

>Too much considering how broken it is at the moment
Doesn't seem broken to me.

Attached: anon_please.png (987x592, 67K)

What did you expect from a retarded frogposter?

No, it's just kind of a turn-off when they pull a 'character goes up to the thing/being they worship while saying how devoted they are then get sucker-stabbed', then immediately afterwards go 'they're not actually dead though lol'.

Is this your first time seeing a crack?

Attached: nothing.jpg (248x252, 70K)

>cryptgen
M8, that looks like ransomware to me.
Unless someone wants to set up a vm and check i'm not touching it with a 10 foot pole

>It is just a crack
>It calls CryptGenRandom
>It calls WinHttpReceiveResponse
lel

my god you're retarded

Attached: pic.jpg (476x360, 70K)

Enlighten us then.
>protip: you can't

No. That's why I'd fucking throttle you if I could get my hands on your faggot ass.

Attached: 1513822435709.jpg (750x534, 261K)

And this is why I don't trust people who say "just torrent it lol". Too many assfuckers in the world whose sole existence is built around ruining everybody else's day.

Explain then smartypants because 99.9 of cracks are falsepos

Give me one fucking possible reason CryptGenRandom would be in there, especially with all those kernel calls you colossal faggot.

That game doesn't use Denuvo but for example wouldn't you need encryption software to crack it?

I wonder how many young female trainers have disappeared in that edgy poke universe.

Attached: Luna.jpg (677x730, 292K)

Attached: 1521315152251.jpg (1568x860, 268K)

I feel like I should be angry at this, but I don't know why

Is dat sum gyrojet?
>tfw nobody will make a true-to-the-Emperor Bolter

Yes. But you wouldn't need to GENERATE encryption keys.

Because you are a jelly fucking hater.

>true-to-the-Emperor Bolter
if you just shot them with a .308 or 50 you'd have a better time than fucking gyrojet nonsense

on some research, at the end of one of the arcs the entire protag party gets turned to stone, there are zombies, a haunter steals sabrinas soul and killed her parents, the E4 are after genocide,

Attached: pkmn3.jpg (1474x1067, 296K)

and pokeboobs

Attached: pkmn2.jpg (650x317, 69K)

I'm glad there's at least some consequence to training and battling fucking magic demons somewhere in that retarded universe.

Attached: USS_Guam.jpg (1697x1068, 154K)

Excuse me, gunpowder boosted, armor piercing, explosive gyrojet nonsense

Crack work fine,what's all the drama about?
Is the gamedev in full damage control mode or it's just salty buyfags?

t. the faggot that posted the link

What are those big things scattered around?
And why aren't you using modules?

Attached: screenshot.jpg (1596x2604, 2.81M)

you wish

They're angel's warehouses. Just giant chests for storing stuff, and they're useful for dumping your inventory to be refilled by bots.

This is just my mall and I don't need it to be super efficient. All of the mass production happens elsewhere.

Bobangel warehouses

Its brainlets who don't understand how to use computers.
t. guy who constantly bitches about performance

It works "fine" if "fine" is floaty physics, a clunky builder, boring missions, questionable water shaders and behavior. To say nothing of the sub-par performance. I just wish it had some other reason to play than "go here and retrieve shit." I'm not saying have it be WHUR GUNS MURDER KILL WHURRRR but something like building something to purpose and selling it or something. I don't know I'm not a game designer.

It works "fine" as in CLANG has to be summoned deliberately most of the time in order to manifest, most of the features in the game are complete and functional, and the game itself is stable.

It gets boring pretty quick desu,just trying to help people save money.
Next time i'll keep shit to myself if moralfags and shills go full retard on me.

>most of the features in the game are complete and functional, and the game itself is stable.
No arguments there, its a perfectly competently made "game" as a product I'd expect to be launched as a standalone thing. 10/10, would totally look forward to the next thing they made but I'll never play it seriously for any great length of time like I have with besiege or gmod. Or Surviving Mars but that's more to do with my Simcity 4 and DoW/SUPCOM addiction of my youth. Bioengineering when

a noble sentiment

Attached: biotonk.jpg (636x745, 73K)

What's the copper and iron consumption like?

You mean for the warehouses?

They're not meant for early game, and I'm not using them how they're really intended - for train loading stations and stuff.

Attached: itDCPKX[1].png (244x258, 92K)

I meant the consumption for your base. How much iron and copper does it require per minute or hour?

>Floaty physics
Yeah I agree even disregarding the pun lel, shit gets especially weird during storms
I think the best way to solve it would be to increase the opposing effects of block mass and buoyancy (i.e. everything's heavier, but still actually floats)

>Clunky builder
...no? The builder's pretty good to be honest, there's a lot more control over rotation than most games
Plus symmetry control is something annoyingly rare

>Boring missions
They do get tedious yeah, the main issue is that once you've expanded to 4+ islands there's no real gain in expanding since the islands cost a fair bit and it takes too many missions in a row to bother
Something like a danger of damaging radioactive waste barrels would certainly make you pay more attention

>Water shaders
Eh, they seem alright personally.

The massive effect objects and lighting have on the performance (for me it's the crashing issues more than FPS drops) is the main gripe for me.

I remember one of my first good hard pokefaps was to the thought of a young girl getting defeated and having to pay with her virginity why back in elementary school.

Attached: 1521219058431.jpg (564x564, 43K)

this is a good engineering discussion

Attached: give me your hat.jpg (500x452, 82K)

I'm not sure yet. I'm setting up for 32 blue belts of copper but I haven't finished it.

>pokefaps

Attached: Boogie's waifu is disappointed in you.png (495x398, 77K)

>>Clunky builder
>...no?
Its subjective. I'm the kind of guy that likes wasd camera control in builders like crossout, robomeme, gmod, and to some extent beseige. I just don't like the turnstyle shit very much as it feels too hands off to me.

>I think the best way to solve it would be to increase the opposing effects of block mass and buoyancy

Speaking from gmod experiance, which uses havok instead of unity's castrated version of physX, doing such a thing actually increases the "floaty" hue feel. The thing that fixes that kind of shit is specific scripting behavior rather than just a positive force added to parts underwater, and some cheating involving adding torque.

Attached: 1515946968951.gif (300x300, 244K)

Been gone for a while, what's the current fotm?

Wild Toblerone Fantasies: Zion Fundamentalists

Crosscuckold, Stormjustwerks, Whythefuck: Zerofucks and that's about it. Depending on how long you were gone besiege multiplayer came and went in the worst implementation I've seen in quite some time.

actually besiege multiplayer is fixed

>server browser
>not steam exclusive
>admin tools to ban/kick shitters
>dedicated headless server tools
>completely re-worked world control UI
If any of these things are missing its not fixed.

Attached: ayo leme have the AUX you gotta hear my mixtape.webm (568x320, 1.9M)

Besiege has had an 'advanced building' update, so you can copy sections or place blocks at angles and shit like that.
Kinda useful if you're into making those really fast planes and stuff.

wouldnt a server browser just make the numbers of shitters worse

>crosscucking
>some dude asks "BR?" in chat
>say "dumb BRs"
>like half my team flips out and gets mad

Attached: brazil.jpg (1009x931, 184K)

Nah you'd get dedicated servers that host dedicated things. Robot wars, VR chat, racing, flying, tanks, modded shit, campaign co-op, workshop spamming ect. You'd get pubbies but the ability to ban them would be more than enough. Being able to region lock servers would be a massive improvement by itself, primarily by locking out french sub humans.

>What are passwords

>locking out french
>implying the french dont exist in canada

those are sub-french and I can mostly promise they're too busy being faggots elsewhere. Otherwise just ban on sight.

I know it's not /egg/ but Surviving Mars is mildly related. It's shit. You don't even have an UI menu to manage your 150 colonists, you need to assign everything by hand. You can't select multiple vehicles. You can't connect two domes, people in a dome don't use the services on another. You get scattered isolated towns all over the place and it's a micromanagement hell. On top of that it is boring and has nothing to do. Zero automation, zero engineering, zero logistics.

Pirate it from iggg and play for a few hours until you realize that it is not even 25% of a game. Don't know why I'm surprised, but now I have a colonysim itch and I can't fucking scratch it. Fuck you paradox.

Just wait a year or two, they'll release 200-300 dollars of DLC that will change it from a shit game to a mediocre one.

>Fuck you paradox.
>they'll release 200-300 dollars of DLC

Attached: swedish_merchant_DLC_time.jpg (527x440, 102K)

I liked how the drones worked and went fully 100 drone daisy chain autistic with them. Didn't even get a colonist until about two hours in and I enjoyed having to juggle so much shit in the first set up period. Reminded me of DF on a haunted glacier but without the massive undead murderfuck wolfpacks.

Pirate it and enjoy the first 5 hours/10

Attached: 1519701497124.jpg (2260x1280, 509K)

>Pirate it and enjoy the first 5 hours/10
What is every paraducks game in v1.0 ever

I hope they turn it into something less shit like they did with Stellaris, but I doubt it. They can charge for it all they want, I'll pirate the DLC too, fucking wankers

The first 5 hours are the best. I'm starting a new playthrough now just for that and because I'm addicted to pain and suffering. Messing around with the options to generate a new game made me realize all playthroughs are going to be exactly the same except for those "mysteries".

>webm

What the fuck happened?

Thought I was in /gsg/ or /stellaris/ for a minute there.

You know how they say don't smoke near a gas station? Same deal except the area was so saturated with gas fumes from the gas truck that fell over and started leaking up the road that the spark plug or static or whatever is enough to light up the whole line. Don't know why the white van guy got out, shock I guess.

>that black car

jesus christ what a shit (and painful I guess) way to go

Oh yeah I see the truck now.

actually did the guy in the black car make it?

The webm's quality is too shit to tell, but it looks like the car's door opens and somebody runs away

nice
you can still play it but the sharks are going to hunt you?
reminds me of SS:BFE unkillable supper scorpion that spawns if you pirate the game

Attached: 1491248795192.jpg (320x320, 19K)

According to liveleak, nobody actually died.
>At about 8:40 AM (Feb. 11th), a tanker transporting liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) had Crashed on the side of Beijing-Harbin highway,and the gas leaked out.Then a idiot car driver(blue one) continue to drive the car a few meters forward,and unfortunately lit the gas. According to the official information, the tanker driver get serious burned(TBSA=50%), and the supercargo burned 10%.The other 7 people in 3 cars just has some minor wounds.

replied to the wrong post

awesome, thanks for easing my mind user