/assg/ general

CORN Edition

>What is Dead by Daylight?
Asymmetrical multiplayer slasher game where 4 survivors scramble to fix 5 generators while 1 killer wants to sacrifice all of them.
deadbydaylight.com
deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Dead_by_Daylight_Wiki

>What is Friday the 13th?
A slasher game featuring Jason and counselors. 7 counselors with different stats try to escape the camp while Jason kills them one by one.
f13game.com
fridaythe13th.gamepedia.com/Friday_the_13th:_The_Game_Wiki

>What is Last Year?
Class based with weaker killers. In development? Beta Delayed yet again. (Probably not real)
lastyearthegame.com

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/dbdgeneral

>Latest Patch Notes (DbD)
steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/16/1693785035830797641/

>Skill Check Simulator (DbD)
mistersyms.com/tools/gitgud/index

CORN:

Attached: 84D8DFC8-CC65-43B6-9BC8-ED7C09502EDE.jpg (551x534, 96K)

ITT: webms survivors will never understand.

Attached: This trigger the survivors.webm (1364x768, 2.44M)

Attached: Kaz.jpg (640x640, 130K)

Attached: DYe0iJ6U0AAgwcc.jpg (1185x932, 132K)

I want a big ass fucking spider for a killer, that cocoons downed survivors instead of putting them on hooks.

Attached: shelob06.jpg (1000x600, 183K)

Attached: image.jpg (630x1200, 141K)

You're not going to get it because the entity is a big fucking spider.

the entity's cousin jeff

I love that for some reason, everyone draws nurse’s hood with ears

Attached: 827E38CA-4DEA-4220-ABE4-C1271F24CAE7.jpg (1200x957, 98K)

Attached: Kaz.jpg (640x640, 155K)

>low rank killer
>get a couple of people with 800,1,000+ hours
>they literally loop me all game and there's nothing I can do about it
>surprised when I camp while their fucking teammates come ass rush the hook
Is this normal for this game?

I literally feel anxious to play killer but never survivor

What are his perks.

Attached: tumblr_p5e5n0aW5Q1rkjhtvo1_540.png (502x810, 162K)

Survivors moan about everything the killer does. If they play like a cunt then treat them like a cunt.

Isn't she wearing a pillowcase?

Attached: DIk_9FoVoAEcnL-.jpg (1024x798, 144K)

I know that feel, I want to play but feel anxious and instead just watch tru3 who is way better than me get genrushed

Thanks for this edition OP.

>admitting you're worse than a streamer
Mighty bold around these parts, even if is BOP BOP

When is Freddy getting buffed?

Attached: 1501585003301.png (247x200, 66K)

After they fix scratch marks

Venomous Touch
Your attacks are laced with an otherworldly toxin that grows more debilitating over time.

Survivors struck by your attacks are affected by a series of worsening afflictions over two minutes
0-30 seconds - mangled
30-60 seconds - mangled + blind
60-90 seconds - mangled, blind, exhausted
90-120 seconds - mangled, blind, exhausted and hindered, then it wears off.

Strands of Life
The hurried footfalls of survivors are prone to disrupting the delicate web of the Entity

Survivors who run for a cumulative 30/25/20
seconds have their auras revealed for 3/4/5 seconds. Each survivor has a cooldown for activating this effect of 30 seconds.

Obsolescence
Your connection to the entity causes you to emanate an aura of decay and disrepair

Generators within your terror radius and 10/20/30 seconds after leaving it regress autonomously when not being worked on by survivors.

The third one is weakest in my opinion, but I tried to think of things that were a touch more usable than say....surveillance.

>that last perk on Fuck Your Gens UP/Distressing Doctor
Jesus

Never ever.

They refuse to do it even though they acknowledge they did him dirty

Attached: DXTNaLGVAAAbtCU.jpg (800x700, 60K)

>freddy is strong against no self-care and weak against self-care
>he's the second least fun killer to fight under doc due to maphacks
>we fucking butchered him due to kneejerk complaints and can't be bothered to tweak him in the most minor of ways

pretty gewd jorb

Attached: 1521251740456.png (1920x1080, 2.11M)

Pillowcases have defined corners akin to pointed ears you bucket of nuts and dolts

Attached: 1518253039954.gif (500x382, 167K)

>auto-aim for killers
>Struggle button just doesn't work sometimes and automatically kills you
>terror radiuses are bugged and will be at medium level when the killer is right next to someone
The Xbox version is killer kino, consoles win this one

You forgot

>locked 23fps for killers

Completely normal. With high level SWF play all you can do is hope that they are suicidal in their commitment to either altruism or bullying the killer and get themselves fucked for it. An SWF team that wants to win is going to win every time except against the most top tier killers like Nurse.

>I read that as Finger Guns Doctor

>survivor plays like a complete faggot all game
>surprised when i camp him
Why are survivor mains so fucking entitled? They always expect the killer to play fair after they just got pallet looped for the hundredth time. They can pallet loop, use bitchboy perks (SC and DS), teabag and flashlight, but the moment the killer camps or tunnels they cry non-stop.

Attached: 1519990006976.gif (350x233, 2.11M)

Because the developers have been catering to them all game and promoting this behaviour. Game mechanics and incentive systems influence how people play and which players commit to a particular game. If the systems incentivized more respectful play you'd see far more of it.

Struggle button giving out is also on PC. Or, used to be; hasn't happened to me in a while.

I feel like one of the main concerns is that games with 8-12 hooks tend to be more tense and exciting, and fun for both sides while games with 1-4 hooks are either due to camping or genrushing, both sides tend to have low scores and people have less fun.

If you chase people forever and can't get any hooks either due to d-strike or flashlights, or even just failling to down due to loops and such you feel shitty, but if you don't kill anyone but hook a lot and come out with 25-30k you still feel good.

The higher you go, the more optimally people play and survivors tend to have the edge on that front, and generators can get done really quickly, far too quickly to the point that killers feel like ruin and noed are mandatory just to try to get a decent match length.

Those are my thoughts anyway

You approach her, eating the spaghetti for strength and confidence. Hell, you even offer her some but she doesn't seem to want any. What is Dwight's next move?

Attached: Dwightmspaint37.png (1521x799, 64K)

Yeah, the game should be structured so that survivors end up on a hook pretty fast when they got spotted (unless they can lose the killer outright) but they have multiple lives due to how the hook system works. Instead survivors are incentivized to loop and waste the killers time, actively seeking him out to fuck with him. And the killer is incentivized to tunnel that person to death since the survivors start with all the momentum and the killer has to shut their speed down.

Bribe her with bloodpoints to date you

Its not tight enough around her head in game to make it have cat ears, & why so aggressive m8.

Attached: F35875B3-37CF-47C3-8A97-2F15A5543B10.png (1976x1488, 2.58M)

Say “i’ll give you my teachables if you give me yours ;)”

Say various pickup lines, maybe "You run Ace in the Hole? Well, I want to be the Ace in your Hole."

Attached: 1489953121148.png (640x480, 48K)

>Make your choice doesn't trigger
How come? Is it because you chose to down the Jake?

That was to dodge Borrowed time, the video has nothing to do with MYC. MYC just functions like Devour Hope, you need a minimum safe distance from the dehook for it to trigger.

>underaged shitters crying about their e-celebs being banned
Feels good.

You offer her Bond in exchange for her Quick and Quiet. She doesn't seem to want it. What is Dwight's next move?

Attached: Dwightmspaint38.png (1208x798, 85K)

Offer her Bond, 2 bloody streamers and a handful of spaghetti for SB

She accepts and goes to teach you by taking a track starting position
When you get up to sprint to slip on spaghetti and trip into the fire

Wait, so what was the big announcement they said they were going to do on Thursday?

>"Hey Meg I heard your only trait as a character is that you run fast, so I wanted to compliment you on how fast you run"

Shove the teachable down her throat

Dwight why did you not offer leader ffs

They finally got the rights to everyone's favourite Friday the 13th: The Game character: Debbers.

Give her your watch

Why aren't perk loadouts or character level considered in the matchmaking? I understand there can be people in brown ranks that can't survive even on a full meta load-out, but it's clear as day it's an enormous disadvantage even when it's only two people with full loadouts against a killer that barely got it's first perk.
As a survivor I've been matched countless times with literal R20s. And in Rank Resets, when I'm trying perkless runs or achievements for killers I don't play, pretty much every match is people with all their best perks, Odd Bulbs and BNPs.

I think they said that they found more important that people got a game faster rather than a game on their own rankings? Of course I doubt they used that wording, that'd be admitting they're fucking over low rank killers just to please survivors, but still.

Because if they did that, you wouldn't be able to switch to a suntube at the last moment, meaning killers would be able to use Franklin's Demise only when the survivor loadout calls for it instead of having to either use it at all times or never use it ever.

Quick rundown?

A person called No0b or something like it has been banned along with his friends. No exact word as to why they were all banned but many assumed it's because he did a video showing an exploit.

Taking notes from the Entity, you cram the teachable right down her throat until she takes it instead of something useful. She likes David, right? What's the harm in being a little forceful?

Attached: Dwightmspaint39png.png (1208x798, 94K)

Oh
God.
Please like it meg, this is literally my fetish

Attached: 1505109925199.jpg (302x282, 45K)

>Bond
>not useful
SWF DM detected.

I don't think survivors have crutches aside from maybe DS, because you should be able to escape a killer unless the killer is better than you. In that instance it is a crutch for lack of skill.

Can't think of any other perks that are. SC isn't since it can only be used if someone escapes a killer, which is skillful. As someone said last thread, the only time someone is going to fully heal during a chase is if they are being chased by an unskilled killer, so that doesn't count.

See how far you can fit your hand into her mouth

ochido got banned

Empathy is better

More range, and fits the purpose you'd want out of seeing other survivors, I.E to heal them and to also know the whereabouts of the killer. Seeing healthy survivors really doesn't help you out so much, the range increase on empathy makes the trade off 100% more worth than bond.

oh boy we're taking the meme fetish answers again

Survivor crutches are DS, BT, DH, SB and SC

Killer crutches are BBQ, NC and NOED

This is the objective truth don't even try and argue.

>Being this booty blasted your choice wasn't picked.

Okay there's a lot of harm in it.

Attached: Dwightmspaint40png.png (1208x798, 93K)

Accept your fate, Dwight. Make a resume for the Entity, apply for position of Killer.

*Bing!* Meg has now learned "Prove Thy Self"!

Oh Christ, what have you done? The others could be coming back any second now! What is Dwight's next move!?!

Attached: Dwightmspaint41.png (1521x799, 63K)

It helps if your purpose is using your Leader to rush gens or as a replacement for Self-Care and get heals from other people. Also helps to know where gens in proximity are, if they're being worked on and if it's safe to continue in whichever you are so you don't 3-gen yourselves.
IMO both fit different purposes so there's not that much reason to compare them.

Fuck her corpse.

Throw Meg into the fire to dispose of the evidence

Stuff the spaghetti in her mouth looking like she choked on food.

second

this

>used to main Myers because I love Halloween
>usually averaged around 2-3 kills a match, this was early 2017
>Huntress comes out
>main her for months, too much fun and love playing her
>used to average 2-3 kills, now around 3-4 with speed addons
>this week try to level Myers
>no answer to any survivor moves; loops, infinites etc.
>can't play Myers for more than two matches before switching back to Ana

It hurts, fellas. I want to main my guy but I just cant take this level of disrespect.

Attached: 1518640001984.png (319x342, 72K)

While self-care is a crutch, I feel that the game is balanced around it now and that not running it is basically suicide.

NOED is the only perk there that can be considered a crutch and even then it is a weak one that can be disabled at any time.

Nope, not taking the bait. Only interested in conversing with people who play this game at a high level.

SC isn't a crutch since it can only be used if someone escapes a killer, which is skillful. As someone said last thread, the only time someone is going to fully heal during a chase is if they are being chased by an unskilled killer, so that doesn't count.

The meta is to have 3 people do separate gens while one loops. The reason you don't group on gens is because if the guy looping happens to run your way the killer can lock down the progress of 4 people while simultaneously removing pallets from the map, it's a really bad scenario.

And you can see the nearby gens, they have huge lights towering above them, finding gens isn't a problem, and you can always assume they're working on gens so having that info doesn't do anything for you, but knowing where the killer is and being able to see a survivor who is needing healing is huge, and the range makes the perk superior in filling out these 2 most important of benefits you get from running perks designed to do the same thing, to gather info on your surroundings.

Leader is kind of a meme perk, I honestly wouldn't take it if I were you.

I suppose a better term for it would be that self-care subverts core game design and makes the game be played in a way it wasn't intended to be. But at the same time it's been in since launch and the devs clearly are balancing around the idea that everyone has it, so just removing self-care wouldn't fix anything.

>SC isn't a crutch since it can only be used if someone escapes a killer
>Bodyblock a killer carrying someone
>Take a hit
>Run off and heal as there's not threat of the killer
>Get healed
>do it again
>Not a crutch because its enabling you to endlessly pull of what would be a dangerous play without risk or harm.
Fucking short sighted niggerfaggot survivor mains I swear to christ.

Just make it single charge only. Once per trial, be able to heal yourself without the use of a medkit.

>DH
That perk is so finnicky and subject to latency that I would never call it a crutch. MAYBE if the games had good servers with as little lag as possible. As survivor it has saved my ass few times or only bought me one more second before going down, and as killer it has only fucked me if it's someone injured running to the gates (and they time it right, which again, is subject to latency). Most of the time Dead Hard barely does anything other than irritate me because it'll take me one more swing to down the fucking David that has been on my ass every single second to farm the fucking hooks goddamn I hate you so much David

And by the logic of calling NC and BBQ&C "crutches", we might as well call every tracking perk a crutch. I understand BBQ&C to an extent but there's still a lot of wiggle room for counterplay, once you learn which killers will use it the most (Billy, Nurse, Huntress) you can know it's there before even seeing it in effect, and once you know it's there you know how to counter it. Same with Nurse's Calling, although it's hard to gauge when playing against stealth killers.

It is probably bait but I like to have a discussion if we can turn it into a calm and positive one.

That would be fair. You could even make it somewhat increase the chances of getting a medkit, except I think they already wasted that potential rework on a shitty DLC perk.

There’s nothing wrong with Pharmacy, there’s no reason to give a potential “buff” to SC to countact a major nerf when it’s enough of a crutch as is. If gutting it encouraged people to run shit like Pharmacy/Bond/Empathy/We’ll Make It it’d be even better.

Start talking to yourself then, elitist retard. >Servers
It's P2P, and if you go into a game where you can visibly see in the pre game lobby that the ping is bad with DH then you have no one to blame but yourself. I will admit DH is at the bottom of the list but the subjective scenarios that I've experienced with it as a trapper player has definitely conditioned me to see DH as a hard counter to trapper. Maybe it's not a crutch for other killers but it is vs trapper, is the only concession I'll make.

I don't run SC and I manage, I bring a health kit to soak up a hit or 2 and if I go down then that's on me, I hit my limitation as a survivor, the problem is that it's an infinite get out of jail free card for survivors who can just keep getting hit over and over with severely lacking consequences in comparison. SC boosts otherwise rank 20 survivors to green rank.

>once you learn which killers will use it the most (Billy, Nurse, Huntress) you can know it's there before even seeing it in effect, and once you know it's there you know how to counter it
Here's the dirty little secret about survivor mains.
They don't want to think, they want to auto pilot loop every match.

Its like seeing a pig, wraith or freddy and not instantly putting totem cleansing at a first and foremost because if you just auto-pilot gens you're going to get noed'd in the ass.

They don't do it though.
Then they complain that NOED is a perk for shitters.

I miss launch NOED.

>balancing around the idea that everyone has it
Explain Freddy, who becomes less shit when nobody runs SC.
I don't think the devs balance around meta. A similar situation happens with Pig's Ambush Dash, which is heavily countered by Sprint Burst. The little balance they have is probably around perkless or the perks that are available to newer players, not old ones.

Lery's isn't an easy map to find gens, nor is The Game. In Swamp or Red Forest most of the time it'll be too foggy to see them from afar and auras are easier. And true, the first three gens are more efficiently made separately, but the last two might be better to have one person solo and the other two working on one, in where Leader helps. PLus a little boost on people who is healing you (and you're not running SC) helps.
And really if we're gonna talk meta, then I wouldn't run either Empathy or Bond because, as you said, the meta requires people working separate. And for that it's better to run the meta perks so whatever mistake you make can be reverted easily (SC/SB/DS/BT). I don't need to know where the killer is if whenever he gets on my ass I can run away, loop him forever and have the other guys working on the gens. I get hit? SC. Unsafe unhook? BT. and so on and so on.

I know it's P2P, that's why I mentioned "good servers". I probably could have worded it better. I hear you on Trapper though, I saw a David DH'ing over a trap and I wanted to kill him even more.
I did.

You drag the corpse to the fire, only to remember that fire in the Entity's realm does not burn. While in a panic, you notice that everyone important saw you. Before you can explain, the Bond teachable oozes past her buck teeth and your spaghetti does the same to your pockets.
WILL DWIGHT EVER FIND LOVE? TUNE IN NEXT THREAD TO FIND OUT!

Bond is one of my favorite perks in the game and it's hard for me to play without it.

Attached: Dwightmspaint42.png (1521x799, 194K)

If I'm running in a group, I switch out Empathy for DS, but the value of empathy cannot be understated in solo, I also run spine chill solo as well because on the odd chance there's an invisible killer I want to know about it before I let them free hit me, in a group I don't mind so much because they can tell me who is being chased and that frees me up to tunnel a generator or two. But anyway, the small little bonuses Bond supplies are completely outweighed by the primary tool you'd use an aura reading ability for, and that is to ascertain the killers location and survivors in need of healing, I hope I don't have to go on with such tautology but I just have to hammer that statement in just one more time.

>SC isn't a crutch
Survivor mains should be systematically executed

Great response.

Retarded ranklet who's bad at the game response.

Shit tier killermains should stop playing so they stop clogging all DBD discussion with screeches of unskilled players.

Anything you guys can recommend playing on PS4 instead of this shitshow? I really want to stop playing this garbage.

>Huntress chasing you down

What do

Attached: 8423.jpg (1000x1200, 285K)

>Heal infinitely
It’s a crutch.

There's always Bloodborne

>Using the term ranklet
Are you actually retarded?