/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic the Hedgehog General. Share art and music, discuss new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, shows and comics.

/sthg/ #1259 - Old Crew Edition

>Sonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Attached: 1517906301522.png (960x960, 271K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=o-jLWtaIy7M
rollingstone.com/glixel/features/a-chat-with-fan-turned-creator-of-sonic-mania-w501581
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They back.

Attached: CBD5078A-B3E2-4E76-A15D-E426D3972809.png (743x684, 522K)

Whoops sorry, put the wrong thread number there.

rideu

Attached: tumblr_inline_od2fo1PRJ61rvhk8y_540.png (426x750, 189K)

How will Silvazefags ever recover?

Attached: 1521257979537.png (1280x930, 511K)

Attached: 1519168375933.png (960x960, 333K)

It's obvious that characters people were asking for like Amy and classic Shadow weren't added to Mania Plus because they're saving them for Mania 2. They're gonna be a much bigger draw than Mighty and Ray, they'd be wasted as DLC.

So /sthg/, what Sonic game are you playing during this marvelous afternoon?

Attached: SonicSatAN.png (600x668, 594K)

Shadow makes no sense in Mania.

Also, OP pic was my request, and now Mighty and Ray are back. Unintentional foreshadowing.

>#1259
What? How did you skip a number?
It's 1258

does it bug anyone else's autism that there's no green character to balance the colours

8 is a cursed number.

I love each and everyone of you guys

Attached: MSPaint_BreadSonic.png (780x708, 40K)

Shadow is not a classic character, he is never appearing in Mania.

Memes and references. That's what Sonic is now.

Classic Shadow wouldn’t be such a stretch if Iizuka didn’t sperg out about Classic Sonic and Modern Sonic being two completely separate characters. Why can’t they be the same Sonic? Why is he so autistic about them being from separate dimensions? MRANIA TEAM TROO WARUDO.

How do offspring of different animals work?

Amy will most likely be in Mania 2, along with Metal but:
>Shadow in a classic-styled game
Do you have any idea of how big of a collective sperg out that would cause?

I know, I just mean even if for some crazy reason they did decide to add him, it'd be in a new game not as a year-later update to an existing one

Where?
8 is a lucky number almost everywhere.

Mania takes place before SA2, so he can't appear for that reason either.

Love you too, user.

Stop posting here Vector, we know it's you.

I fucking love Shadow but do you guys even realize how big of a shitstorm Classicfags would make if the included him in a Classic game? Shadow fits into the "Sonic's shitty friends" category for most of them.

Attached: 12pqnwfi6ee01.gif (65x65, 16K)

Mina Milestone Maybe?

Attached: 1519929321047.png (300x430, 33K)

>classic Shadow
How pathetic can you faggots possible be?

If they were the same Sonic there wouldn't be a classic Shadow anyway. Remember that he was frozen in stasis by GUN for 50 years?

It's actually better in the long run for both Classic and Modern fans. It means everything Classicfags hate about future games never happened in their universe, and if more Mania games are made (which they will be) Modenfags don't have to worry about any kind of continuity snarls that occur from squeezing in more events between S3&K and Adventure.

You guys usually have some good ideas so if there's any bosses you want to see redone or re-imagined for mania please tell.

Attached: SM-BronzeDynamo4CH.png (1720x720, 14K)

THE BOYS ARE BACK IN TOWN

Not really, but I wouldn't have minded seeing Vector and the rest of the Chaotix crew be playable, too bad that'll never happen

Attached: Vector_Knuckles_Chaotix.gif (270x270, 26K)

i wouldnt mind, but id like them to add classic amy too, eventually

I wouldn't mind if it was as a bonus character (a bit of fun) but I don't see them creating a classic shadow design.
ill take classic blaze first though

This is banking on the idea that Classicfags won't ever demand anything like Shadow for their universe.

I want shit bosses to be re-imagined into good and fun ones

Hmm, I would like to see some of the Sonic 2 bossfights re-done.

I did see you post this before and I forgot to reply, but is this just for fun or is this for a project of some kind?

No

Director's Cut and Adventure 2 Battle. I'm ecstatic to play DX again after so many years
youtube.com/watch?v=o-jLWtaIy7M

Fusion traits or predominantly one parent with a minor trait from the other

godly spritework user

make Sonic CD bosses harder

Is there anything like this but with a bunch of the male characters?

>playing DX

>do you guys even realize how big of a shitstorm Classicfags would make if the included him in a Classic game?
That is exactly why I want them to.

>Bat/Echidna with wings and knuckles

Attached: what the FUCK is this.png (193x120, 21K)

I fucking adore this pic

Why do you want this? Can't you let the Classicfags be happy?

Attached: 1521204637483.jpg (270x246, 14K)

Don't be a fag, man.

Attached: 1503896724627.jpg (640x550, 77K)

Honestly, I'm just glad that I don't have to hear the words "forgotten characters" anymore. It always annoyed me because the characters aren't forgotten if they're mentioned constantly, unless they meant forgotten by SEGA rather than the community. How can you be forgotten but many Sonic fans heard of them before, especially when they're shoved into your faces.

which ones bubs.

Project for more alt. Knuckles bosses.

Thank you user, it means alot.

Attached: A general feeling.png (419x397, 380K)

This is why I believe production order should just be chronological order, unless otherwise specified. The two worlds nonsense needs to be dropped. If Mania is released after SA2, then Mania occurs after SA2. I know some autists would get their panties in a twist over that, but it just makes things simpler and less autistic. I understand that Mania is a direct continuation of S3K, but I’m a classicfag who’s of the mindset that every good Sonic game should be enjoyed by everyone. I prefer the 2D classic titles, but I loved the Adventure titles for what they were. I think the large majority of fans play a little bit of everything anyway.
I think Iizuka’s anxiety and DID U RIKE IT mentality is ridiculous. He needs to unite the base instead of splitting it even further like he continues to do.

I does sort of bother me that there a lot of characters that use red in general.
I remember wishing there was a green character because I liked green. I didn't know about comics/chaotix at the time. now i know about vector, scourge and all those green birds.

The Mania team already said they are open to putting 3D characters in Mania. And is always at the top of the list when it comes to 3D characters.

>man
>implying

Attached: 1521235579413.png (846x918, 757K)

Unless SEGA doesn't want them to.

Then don't be a fujo, girl.

>which ones
Labyrinth Zone I hate so goddamn much I will pay money for a game where it's improved

Attached: 8bd766fdfd84e756cb6a7b6b572a4381-dc5xlbi.png (1200x1200, 1.02M)

Taxman was also open to giving him guns.
Stealth allowed the light speed dash and homing attack to be in Megamix.

At that point just make an Advance game.

>The Mania team already said they are open to putting 3D characters in Mania
S-source?

Attached: 1519078810953.png (410x380, 274K)

>Tekno
>Speedy
>Jet
>Bean
>Battle Kuku to an extent
>Some Flickies
It confuses me as to why green + bird is so common in this franchise.

Are Christian Whitehead and his team capable of making a 3D game or do they only know how to do romhacks? I’d love them to expand their studios and put Sonic Team out of business.

>do not serve
kek

Green birds look good

not likely user

Ohno

Yep. That's how it works

you don't have to be a man to be a faggot

>friend wants to borrow sonic adventure for the weekend
>I know he means sa2
>hand him the case
>"thanks dude"
SADX is in there instead.

Attached: 5191407d-c7a3-4ed4-965f-34e57cb7ce75.png (758x388, 404K)

They would probably just make Sonic Adventure 3. Or at least Stealth would.

You can't tell me what to do!

Fuck you I aint no faggot

Attached: 1520809126824.jpg (260x194, 8K)

>yfw "Mania 2" is "Sonic Advance Mania"
>yfw "Mania 3" adds boost

Why not MAdona?

Why you do that, user?

>advance 4
SOON

no but you are an avatarposter, which is worse.

Rude

I really do think something like this
Is a possibility.

It would probably the best news for Modernfags as it would mean their precious Sonic isn't being replaced. Adventurefags as something from that era is being brought back.

>Never letting go on SA2
You fucking monster

It’s like you want him to hate Sonic games forever.

this
also green birds looks natural.
green mammals tend to look 'off' but saying that Clove from the comics looks good so that one worked.

>/sthg/ #1259

Typical aarfag

w-why are you so mean user
who hurt you

Attached: 1520120113568.png (640x475, 446K)

>I know some autists would get their panties in a twist over that, but it just makes things simpler and less autistic
Tell that to the Kingdom Hearts fanbase.
As far as directors go, if it looks like it takes place in X time, it takes place in X time, no if, ands or buts. Otherwise, it's non canon. Mania can only make sense in 2 ways:

Way 1: It takes place in the same timeline as mainline titles, altering the past. E.g: Sonic 2 - Sonic 3 - Generations - Mania - Forces - Mania Adventures - Sonic 4/Adventure

Way 2: It's a branch off made by Generations. E.g: Mania takes place in time before SA1, but the mainline SA1 won't be one to one to Mania's SA1. The branch started from Gens, which is made after S3K.

Attached: 1500856357737.png (414x401, 13K)

Reminder: Not a single 3D sonic game is good

as opposed to blue hedgehogs and red armadillos?

>sthg - Adventurefags/Modernfags
>v - Classicfags
You fags cannot disprove this, no matter how hard you try.

Attached: IMG_0076.jpg (3264x2448, 2.03M)

/v/ shit their pants over Mighty and Ray yesterday. They’re not true classicfags.

>/sthg/ - People who enjoy Sonic
>/v/ - Shitposters who don't play games
Sounds about right.

nah /v/ is just fags

Thanks for reminding me.

>do you guys even realize how big of a shitstorm Classicfags would make if the included him in a Classic game?

They enjoy when we do, so why not?

Okay Slashy

>Dr. Eggman, I'm GUN

Flying Eggman, from Metropolis Zone.

Rolling Stone interview around Mania's release. He even stated that he's a fan of SA1: rollingstone.com/glixel/features/a-chat-with-fan-turned-creator-of-sonic-mania-w501581

>You fags cannot disprove this
I can just by pointing out how retarded it is to label someone as solely a "Classicfag," or "Adventure/Modernfag," when it's a guarantee that almost every single one of those people like something that's not just the Classic games, or Genesis games or Modern games.

But hey, nice shitpost

Posters on /v/ aren't Sonic fans.

those work.
blue is a cool colour and armadillos are orange-ish naturally

Attached: Katella 92 - Chauvels.png (1529x1958, 950K)

Those are exaggerations of their grey and pinkish colors.

Attached: hh-animals-armadillo-3.jpg (430x430, 119K)

where the fuck do you think this general started from?

Who's the sheep or whatever?

Nah

>He even stated that he's a fan of SA1
Huh. This is interesting.