/vtg/ Vermintide General

Director Edition

>Latest 1.03 patch notes
>steamcommunity.com/games/552500/announcements/detail/1656635407222041992
>>Information about chests and when to open them
>pastebin.com/4tpB97Kb
>>Tome and Grimoire locations (someone check to make sure it's all correct)
>pastebin.com/mKeD7t6T
>>Performance guide
>pastebin.com/BKH7pNMy
>>Mega of cool stuff:
>mega.nz/#F!dIt3HSJR!EjAlmKkPW1VwMqacbWzM5w

Old

Attached: 1520813345424.jpg (2048x1152, 669K)

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/groups/Vermintide2General
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

stupid mayflies cant even make a good op

what are our thoughts on zealots?

Attached: 1521061880123.jpg (500x374, 58K)

how does Siennas burning skull work? does it have a certain amount of damage its going to do before it fucks off? A certain amount of kill-points its going to do? HOW DOES IT W O R K FATSHARK YOU FUCKS GIVE ME FUCKING NUMBERS YOU SWEDISH IKEA CUNTS

Attached: 1390105365102.jpg (612x612, 95K)

OI LUMBAFOOT FANCY A SHAG EH MATE

can't be Veeky Forums without teenagers discord drama

Should I do all the missions or just keep doing quickplay for the boost to lootbox?

If it hits a big 'un it stops, if it hits chaff it keeps going until all damage is spent.

STOP STARIN AT ME MINGE AND EAT IT ALREADY

How good is flaming sword charged attack on armored? Both mace and dagger can deal really good damage on armor, sword is laughable according to dummy.

we get it

steamcommunity.com/groups/Vermintide2General

Include this in the next OP

Attached: rats.png (284x200, 97K)

Isn't it kinda weird that Karlz Franz's name is grafted into every other weapon illusion? Was that sort of thing common in medieval Europe?

>I actually live in a monarchy
>I imagining myself carving my king's name onto my army rifle

that'd be some weird shit

>You underestimate the utility of WHC. Tagging bosses for additional damage matters _A LOT_ on Legend. Blocking light attacks for free means you can rez in hordes easily. Extra dodge distance helps with kiting bosses quite a bit.

Do you have to be the one who tags them?
Also some bonuses trigger when "taggable"(not "taged" enemy dies.Do they have to be tagged at all?

HE IS PRINCE
AND EMPEROR

Attached: 1471517264169.png (2212x1734, 513K)

>friend mains slayer
>only uses 2h hammer even against single targets, bosses, and elites
>gets mad when it ell him to use the dual axse

Attached: 1483152248782.jpg (900x1200, 96K)

How am I supposed to find people to play with if /vtg/ doesn't like any form of community gathering?

flail or falchion

I do think Tom is a ban-happy abrasive sperg, but
>non-autistic Veeky Forums one
lol, that discord is even more autistic, and has like 20% the people the other one has

>plays slayer
>dies
They really need to do something about him because even if he's godlike at fucking shit up he doesn't have any ranged power and dies in two hits.

Attached: 1521134224979.png (1973x1800, 1.19M)

whats the power req for legend?

It dropped on Champion from an emp chest. Also, it just adds a few more fucking candles to the normal pyro head cage.

>don't get the grim

Attached: 1516395004505.jpg (1560x2048, 240K)

STOP TAKING THE FUCKING REGEN TRINKET YOU PIECES OF SHIT

Attached: GUTTER RUNNER.jpg (507x467, 26K)

It had 2-3 groups playing compared to other one

gimme quick rundown on sienna
so many staffs

What did they mean by this-this?

Attached: 1521315044813.jpg (360x178, 32K)

I think its helpful to have these 3rd party groups to organize games and parties with, since that's what this type of game revolves around. Generals only die when they run out of things to talk about.

A fight breaks out between the five. Who would win?

I genuinely think Saltzpyre would.

Kruber and Bardin would be among the first to go down. While they may have the martial prowess I don't think they have the smarts to go against the other three.

Kerillian's cocky and would probably underestimate Saltzpyre and Sienna solely because they are humans and Saltzpyre would definitely use this to his advantage to take her out.

Sienna's the most powerful of the lot but is the most unstable as well and not only that but Saltzpyre clearly has experience with dealing with magic users so she's dead.

tl;dr Saltzpyre would win because he is Batman

Attached: 1508623838769.png (782x608, 619K)

P sure its "tagged".
Also on legend the horde blocking point is pretty "eh" when they 1. Power attack and 2. Have maulers or stormvermin in them 90% of the time

It's like murricans having their flag plastered on everything. People in the Empire are pretty patriotic and considering the game takes place in Reikland its not hard to believe most of the weapons they get a hold of have Franz's name on it.

What level/power should you be playing each difficulty with?
I want to move up from recruit but I've seen people playing (not already in a party, just on their own) at like level 18 and 19. Had one instance with an elf that killed basically everything with what seemed like unlimited ammo

beam is op and will be nerfed. pyro and unchained is good dont bother with the first one. fireball spam god tier sub champ. bolt is good.

Or when Tom bans everyfuckingone from the group because he got bored of the game

its a reference, what more do you want?

Not worth doing though because you have to luck out on teammates, map and director spawns
The last one in particular is fucked

>Generals only die when they run out of things to talk about.
Considering how poorly FS balances their game, we'll have enough to talk until the heat-death of the universe
Also, we just had another ban-debacle on the more popular Discord, so I'm not sure how long this shithole will last

Saltz is the most DRIVEN MAN out of the group. The prospect of a fight is nonsense though; the only real tension is between Kerillian and Saltz.

>do everything picture perfect on Legend
>director: here, have a troll and four disabling specials in the middle of a horde by the way there's a patrol that just spawned coming towards you and since you just passed the barrier you have nowhere to go

Attached: fuckelf.jpg (307x354, 90K)

Only one allowed to have it is IB.

>RaNdals Gift
>RNG

Okay, there are better classes and worse classes but what the fuck were they thinking designing Battle Wizard Sienna?

>class centered around her passive that is totally negated by one level 20 talent or trait on your fucking weapon
>her another passive (spell charge speed) works for one shitty fucking staff (conflag)
>Oh, and she deals 50 more dmg then Pyro :^)
>Battle fucking Wizard, BATTLE, still have same HP as fucking pyro who is supposed to be ranged class

Kerillian would win desu. Umgi just can't compare.
True end would be Sienna and Kerillian teaming up to get rid of Victor & taking off to do lesbian things, like knitting, or driving a toyota

What would Saltzpyre do at a party?

Where my Repeater Pistol using Bounty Hunter bros at?

where my normal crossbow using bounty hunter bros at?

>finish killing Skarrik
>1 guy dead, others are on very low health
>2 assassins and a packmaster spawn IN THE BOSS ROOM
>nearly wipe as they ambush us all at once.

Attached: 1464966825973.jpg (402x608, 97K)

>rANALds gift
>ANAL

Kerillian & Saltz and Sienna & Saltz methinks

right here bro

right here bro

Here's my shitty paint image to illustrate my new Pyro helmet Veeky Forums. It's pretty underwhelming.

Attached: Wow nice helmet much upgrade.jpg (833x573, 143K)

Vermintide 1 general lasted a very short time.

So I started playing a couple days ago and I've been playing the elf because 4 other friends of mine are maining the other characters.

I'm pretty shit at the game but does elf scale hard with gear or something? We only fuck around in veteren because we're all scrubs but fire tits one shots everything and when she isn't around it takes me 10 years to zoom with the bow before some other ranged weapon has shot and killed my target.

I just kinda run around in melee as handmaiden shoving enemies in a desperate attempt to be useful

Didn't that bridge have dozen men that went missing? Elf?

ELF

3 candles vs 7, not worth the abysmal drop rate but still nice

I sense a volley crossbow using shill.

Attached: jew rat.png (445x420, 217K)

>finally make the switch to champion
>everybody knows where the books are
>people constantly checking behind them
>teams wait for stragglers before jumping over no return points
>pure efficiency and teamwork with zero communication required
veteran is a shitshow, make the switch asap

Attached: 1287006893922.jpg (249x291, 56K)

MORE CANDLES

Gee whiz I fucking love how they decided to give hookrats more health than an M1 Abrams for absolutely no reason on top of a hook that is able to glitch out and grab you from twenty feet away

i've had the complete opposite experience

>mfw elf players

Attached: 1520954217661.png (598x466, 143K)

Her passive is also worse than pyro's level 10 talent or that pyro can vent all heat with her ult at 25. Battle wizard is so badly designed.

>that one guy on the team taking ridiculous amounts of damage and always needing the majority of the healing supplies

Attached: 4635.png (440x391, 146K)

It does pierce plague rats

Around elves, watch yourselves.

haha that's me, gotta get top kills bro ;)

how should I be killing bosses with beam staff? Sustained beam or charging and blasting?

I want to like executioner's sword but it's so damn slow.

Attached: wall.png (512x512, 373K)

Tips for using the axe? Maybe it's because I'm used to Kruber, but I keep getting destroyed during hordes.
I know other weapons are better but if I can just survive most horde attacks I'll be happy.

Attached: Axe.png (1920x1080, 3.83M)

break in with the warhammer equivalent of a SWAT team when no one expects it

keep that beam up as long as you can, and try to hit them in the face. If they charge you though you should blast and start up evasive maneuvers ASAP.

how to i call out enemies or supplies? I find health stuff i don't need all the time but people run right by it.

Tip #1, Use the rapier.

Use it on tree to get wood.

>was looking forward to getting headgear for pyro, hopefully something that removes the abysmal metallic shit
>it's just more fucking candles
Thanks for ruining my hopes in advance, I guess.

Attached: 1521117852126.jpg (450x414, 52K)

Hatchet's fucked since it can't cleave for shit. If they fix that, it'd be really solid for chopping down all kinds of norscans, putting Saltzpyre in more of a solid striker role like he had in VT1.

What bothers me is how shit it is right now compared to literally any other weapon, and I keep getting neat illusions for it.

Sorry, I'm just bad at gaems.

What is ranalds gift? I always have it giving me a bonus but not sure how.

What the fuck is wrong with Legend man
It does not even come down to skill, you just cannot fucking survive a boss, chaos patrol, two leeches who delete your healthbar by teleporting onto you, an assassin and a horde at once in an enclosed area.

isnt he the guy who sends u on missions

So abandon my love for the axe and hope it gets buffed?

Attached: images.jpg (269x187, 10K)

Basically yeah. The Falchion is like a better, cleave-ier version of what the axe should be.

Roofie all the drinks so he can have an orgy of his choosing.

it's a random bonus, you always get one
in the first game you rolled dice called ranald's bones to determine drops, the loot die pickups are sort of a holdover from that

>game starting
>me and other guy hit f2 and start walking ahead
>guy says in chat "fucking retards" and rage quits

?????????

>get actually not bad teams to move on to Champ
>AI director absolutely fucks us over
Sometimes you just can't win I guess.

T

But you dont need to do legends at all though right? I mean it gives 300 power chests like champion

A witch hunter captain vs a single waywatcher? I have a feeling you don't play the tabletop.

>that one ironbreaker who needs less healing items than the entire team combined
You're welcome.

Plus you know Saltzpyre's got a plan for dealing with Kerillian if she goes sideways. The whole squad is a bunch of badasses, but Saltzpyre's the one with true merit.

>Burblespue forgot what time he was supposed to make a big entrance and was running late
>Dick around in the arena waiting for him to spawn
>Everyone gets downed in under two minutes because no one else would keep the trash mobs off

Attached: 1455327196845.jpg (255x244, 30K)

>just learned you can revive allies while blocking
This changes everything.

Attached: 1616.jpg (210x239, 6K)

>finally hit lvl 30 and ilvl 300
>want to melee combat as its the most fun thing about this game
>most games now are high level elf/witch/BH/fire pistol dwarf killing everything
>lose all motivation to play
so i guess this game is now a shooter

If you do f2 and then walk away you are 100% a faggot and I won't share healing with you. You can f2 and then teabag or jump or some bullshit, but walking away means you are a faggot.

Which last talent is best for handmaiden?

Attached: Used Goods.png (606x863, 674K)

>soypyre
>anyone having merit when they worship smegmar

>Any class that isn't Sienna in recruit or veteren
Gee this sure is fun standing around doing nothing

Pressing H and picking anything dwarf

You fucking knife earned cunt you dont deserve anything but Ranalds finger up your ass