/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Kosm Edition

Last time on /bbg/: >New players read this then finish the game without spoilers:
i.imgur.com/1OynzXF.png

>NEWS:
-Mar 6: Bloodborne is free for PS+ members for the month
-Jan 11/2018: Dark Souls 1 Remaster announced for PC, XBONE, PS4 and Switch, releasing May 25
-Dec 26-29/2017: Unused bosses & test areas are now safe chalices that anyone can use - i.imgur.com/3nibNFD.png

>Helpful links:
-/bbg/ Resource Guide: docs.google.com/document/d/1TlAjZSvmE979gbayTvpioT72n5A7_bUjMNCLuOatJTQ
-Wiki: bloodborne-wiki.com/
-Build planner: mugenmonkey.com/bloodborne
-Multiplayer range calculator: mpql.net/tools/bloodborne/

>Chalices:
-How to unlock FRCs for spelunks, fight clubs & gem farming: i.imgur.com/0AwN4Lo.jpg
-Gem farming chalices: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1q9enxffA3dyKGu6IVg-P4IVgmKSUYSP9UOOiThHmPIU
-Lost/uncanny weapons, runes, and gems: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1syKnSKflHbFiGY4pXkfIeXoMa2Lp9X1aXyme2qaTen4
-How to summon/invade in a chalice: pastebin.com/mjRU01XK
-Edited chalices: i.imgur.com/3nibNFD.png (Unused bosses, test areas, early runes/weapons)

>PVE - Spelunking (Every Friday 6pmET/11pmUTC plus anytime someone wants to host):
-Spelunks happen, join em, host em
-Set the chalice to Open and region to Worldwide
-Leave bell-ringing women alone for invaders

>PVP - Fight club (Every Saturday 6pmET/11pmUTC plus impromptus whenever):
-Rules: i.imgur.com/ihd176b.jpg
-Pthumeru: 7hjhf43b
-Loran: jjpkdcgd
-Isz: 9v8qndas
-Hintertombs: 5x3agiwe
-2v2 arena: i.imgur.com/71WOC0I.png

>FAQ:
Q: Where do I get/put the best gems? A: bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/10/best-blood-gems-setups.html
Q: How do I setup arcane builds? A: i.imgur.com/73dnuUm.jpg
Q: How to access the DLC? A: i.imgur.com/XaRuxgF.png
Q: Did I miss a quest? A: i.imgur.com/Uzg8XI6.png
Q: Is this game active for coop and pvp? A: Yes

Attached: Ahh KOSM.png (1496x1296, 572K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/10/best-blood-gems-setups.html
mugenmonkey.com/bloodborne/30188
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

PURGE FILTH

Attached: Alfred.gif (540x540, 1.96M)

Filth get purged yet?

third for chapelbro

Attached: 1461001296877.jpg (1483x834, 824K)

church pick or saif for next character

All Cone heads Should fucking hang

Attached: EA375975-D280-4629-9FE0-07D2CFACDD25.png (2048x928, 3.27M)

Having three Arcane scaling +65 gems on my weapon isn't as good as I thought it would be, is there a scaling cap?

Lmao stay salty cuck

Attached: we wuz.jpg (545x520, 75K)

First playthrough and I genuinely couldn't possibly beat this game without looking at the wiki to know where to go.

I got lost in old yharnam for 3+ hours

For the honor of Cainhurst.

Attached: Cainhurst Castle Cainhurst Armor.jpg (754x648, 65K)

Attached: 1498325148868.png (1400x958, 2.5M)

Ideally both, but go saif since its the first of the two you unlock.

Both

No scaling cap

Where have you been invading, /bbg/?

Attached: 1519285346641.png (924x560, 48K)

*unzips*

Bergenwerth, Cathedral Ward, Nightmare, Isz

Think you need a fire/bolt/arcane gem to actually convert it

Should we lump the Bowblade in with general Vileblood nonsense, or not?

It's a Church weapon, so no.

It's a Church weapon, you beastly idiot. Of course not.

can I use the same stats for both?

Yes, it's ideal to go 25/50 Str/Skl for both. Alternatively they both can be used converted on an Arc build

I love the Oedon Chapel Dweller. Is the the only truly wholesome souls npc?

Cold Abyssals only tend to add about 24-5%. They're better than 24's but worse than 27s.

alba restocked, lets do orphan

>no righteous damage

Can I use the same name for every character?

Bloodletter doesn't have that either, and it's a Church weapon.

Yeah names aren’t unique

I think my internet connection is trying to tell me that I shouldn't be playing BB tonight, fun fights guys, I hope you didn't mind my laggomancy too much

May as well throw in bloodletter as well if Bowblade is going in that category.

Jaukkuri, did you fall asleep on me?

kirkhammer is fucking shit but i've used it for too long to switch now

Yes but that's lame as hell, only slightly better than naming characters things like "strength" or "skill build."

Does anyone wanna help me run the defiled chalice??

Arcane too stronk and versatile. I don't think I could ever run another build in BB

It's not though. Church weapons are blessed by the good blood and thus deal extra damage to unholy abominations. Anything else is simply a weapon used by a mercenary in employ by the Church.

Pass is bbg

And Glyph is wma2 of course

The Threaded Cane is a Workshop weapon that gets righteous damage untricked.

#
I fought and gatelocked Itatchi_Uchiha today. He dc'd after I climbed around the rooftops and killed his phantom.

Get the gems from brainsuckers in these glyphs
(You) #

for some good early gems.

Why is it in the church category then?

Attached: BB0582E7-2769-43EB-98C3-0FF57941B859.jpg (1392x1053, 448K)

I forgot how much I hated chalice dungeons till I made a new character when it went free.
Some of the areas are too big for shit you're gonna see countless times

>Brador and Simon are mercenaries
Brador has a massive amount of loyalty, then, if he became an assassin and guarded their darkest secrets without question.
And the Harrowed Set explicitly states it's used by Church hunters, which Simon wears. And is also stated in the description of the Bowblade to be a Healing Church hunter, one of the first ones.

It was co-opted by the Church as one of their main weapons as evidenced by Yurie and a couple other Church hunters using it. Both the Bloodletter and the Bowblade were unique weapons used by people that were not necessarily members of the Church, or subscribed to their beliefs but employed by them as assassins. I was just trying to stir up shit calling them Vileblood weapons (they're not) but I wouldn't call them Church weapons either.

Simon is a Church hunter. It's plainly stated in the description of the Bowblade and Harrowed Set.

The Church doesn't really employ mercenaries, its a religious organization. There are executioners, both black and white (much like the doctors), then there are the assassins, the militia (rallied by Ludwig) and the Workshop Hunters which, while not under the direct control of the Church, still acted in accord with the will of the Church, namely because Laurence and Gehrman conceived the Dream together.

Simon was a spook for hire. He clearly never subscribed to any of their beliefs, which is where true Church weapons get their power from. Brador was possibly a full member but manifested the Bloodletter after his betrayal. The Church likely publicly blacklisted him but kept him on as a mad dog.

playing ng+ but i kind of want to start a new char and do an ARC build

From the description of the Bowblade:
>Choice weapon of Simon, one of the first Healing Church
hunters.
Tell me how he isn't a Church hunter.
You've already stated you were trying to stir shit up with your original post, so at this point, I'm just going to assume you're pretending to be retarded.

requesting help with orphan. Im only bl42 and I keep getting smoked while poor alba watches in disgust. Lamp pass bbgg

Why don't these weapons have the innate power of the Church then?

Enjoy the Forbidden Woods

>No FC
suffering

we're still going pansy
isz

It's in Isz

Are you literally autistic? The game itself says it’s a church weapon. Why do you keep saying it needs to be ”righteous” to be a church weapon?

He literally said he was baiting, what are you doing

Because the bonus is only applied to the silver swords.
Kirkhammer only gets the bonus in Normal form, LHB is such a sword in both forms, HMS is the same thing, the Pick is a sword in the short form.
The Wheel is the exception because it's literally bathed in the blood of Cainhursts.
Bowblade is a curved blade. Bloodletter is definitely not a sword.

And I was invading in Mensis like a tard.
Ringing!

What's the best version of the Chikage, and will I have to spend countless hours grinding chalices for said version to be useful?

It was made in the Church workshop yeah but they had no faith in the weapon. Why are you unwilling to believe that true Church weapons are such because of their ability to destroy enemies that are directly against the Church's belief system? Simon was indeed employed by the Church as a hunter but he doesn't seem to align with their beliefs.

The one that's called the Bloodletter.

Alfred is the last Executioner because it's a shit covenant with a worthless perk and no purpose

Attached: 1520015850046.jpg (1050x1050, 415K)

To be honest I'm starting to believe that you don't believe that the Church ministries blood is the true blood at all.

Oh here we fucking go, it was all RP.
Piss off, I'm with the League.

>last executioner
Last executioner of the band that was under Loggy's command, maybe. The black hooded axe executioners are also servants of the Church, and same can be said of lost in time nightmare executioners which even don the holy shawl.

Flat % + Arc gems can work in a pinch for BoM right? If I lack the dexterity to use it?

Normal for ez 27.2%s, Lost to swap a 27.2% for a 31.5% Blt Circle (ez to get too), if you're going full OoS 31.5%s then farm the gems first since OoS is random (very rare)

Lost. Useful no, you can get 2 x 27.2% phys and 1 x 31.5% blood in about an hour. 3 x 31.5% blood however will take you a lot longer

anybody?

Any recommendations on false depth to check out for a bloodtinge fag? Been using chikage and bloodlettet.

Where do you even get that Blt Circle?

bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/10/best-blood-gems-setups.html

Should we lump the Rifle Spear in with general Vileblood nonsense, or not?

>tfw almost kill the cleric beast when I was just running to it for the insight
>if I had brought more blood vials I would have killed it
fuck me I didn't think I was going to get anywhere close to killing it so I only brought a few vials in case I got clipped by something when running around everything

LMAO
ARC BoM is NOT a good meme

Rifle Spear is a workshop weapon.

So you can put circle gems into weapons?
I did not know this

>no workshop damage

Bowblade and chikage have versions with a circular gem slot

Only if they have a Circle slot, which very few do

There goes my idea of trying a Blood letter build with it.
On the other hand, I could go for chikage and the edge it brings.
I will miss the 250 FINE notes I have on this character tho

Bloodletter is still stupid strong with ~27% physicals. You could still farm OoS gems, though if you think you're korean enough.

Last question actually.
How much end does it need?
Although I could just slap two stam runes and call it a day. I am thinking of doing straight up BLT and VIT build.

Just accidentally finished the game with a pure arc.
Any recommendations for next build? Something fun, really enjoyed saif for the moveset.

It's sort of personal but on BLT builds I can get by the with 10 END from Military Vet with a stam rune.

Beast claws Beastman

I am thinking of starting with Noble Scion, then just pump VIT and BLT, everything at base.
It lets me go to 98 with 55 VIT.
FULL MEME BUILD

could always make this build user, unless you're not making a twink

Attached: x6Cfmr6.jpg (1920x1080, 459K)

I am just going to use chikage and bowblade.
Bloodletter is cool and all, but it leaves me with no weapons.

>55 VIT

50/25 Str/Skl has the most weapon variety due to Heavy Abyssal gems making Skill weapons usable, 25/50 Str/Arc has the second most weapon variety but since you already did Arc you could do that later.

Not him but if you're gonna use Bloodletter, Chikage and maybe Bowblade then Military Veteran would be ideal. Scion has unnecessary points in Arc unless you planed on leveling that

Anyone wanna help with bloodletting beast in lower Pthumerian?
Ringing with password bbg

Noble Scion is not good for BLT build really unless you want some ARC with it.
This build gets 50VIT + 50BLT + stat reqs for all BLT weapons at BL95.
mugenmonkey.com/bloodborne/30188

Yeah, I realized now how dumb that is.
Restarting and with military Veteran as it lets me use all 3.
Would 50 VIT be a good cutoff?

Coward, what was your health?

How fucking long did you farm for those gems jesus

>farming OoS gems for a twink
what a madman

50 is the most you should go for unless you're gouging, anywhere from 40 to 50 is fine. 45 is the most I ever go