/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic the Hedgehog General. Share art and music, discuss new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, shows and comics.

/sthg/ #1259 (real) - ミーナー・ザー・モングース Edition

>Sonic NewsGeneral Interest Links

Attached: mina.png (643x1528, 328K)

Other urls found in this thread:

readyplayerone.wikia.com/wiki/Ready_Player_One_(film)#List_of_References
youtube.com/watch?v=b7GH0MFcg0o
youtu.be/T9E66ywToGU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yeah, I'm thinking he's back.

Attached: Ray.png (1223x887, 352K)

Kill everyone who posts below me.

Attached: Exterminatus.jpg (400x318, 54K)

Oh thank god.

Attached: sonadow_kiss.png (950x809, 88K)

Attached: 1509309561080.png (1920x1080, 1.5M)

I fucking hate you only.

Attached: Breadnic.png (550x652, 62K)

>Mina Mongoose Edition
From personal experience, this is a bad move user.

Black Knight personalities were pretty damn great

minimalistu

Attached: Sonaze-Neon-Wallpaper-sonaze-37398719-800-500.png (800x500, 72K)

It's not getting a third season, is it?

Attached: Boom.jpg (912x500, 102K)

and we'll never have anything like that ever again

No

Why don't we get moments like this with these two in the games?

Attached: tumblr_nmj54qR3uU1rvua03o1_1280.jpg (1280x820, 330K)

I don't know about all of you, but I am excited for the Sonic Racing game.

You guys DID hear Iizuka mention that Classic Sonic from Forces is the same one from Generations and Sonic's past at yesterdays panel, right?

Classic Sonic IS just Sonic in the past. It just so happens that there is also a dimension set in the past where only 1, 2, 3&K, CD, Generations, Mania and Forces has happened, for purist/simplicity's sake.

This has always been the only way it could have made sense, with numerous modern games referencing and revisiting Sonic's past.

>Modern Dimension set in the "present"
Literally every game, with the classics being in Sonic's past, as explicitly referred to numerous times in the modern games

>Classic Dimension set in the "past"
Just the classics + Gens/Mania/Forces

Not hard to understand.

The reason behind this decision is simply so they can have a clean slate for Classic Sonic to appear in more game, including his own like Mania.

Well thats just it, they have not said anything about the show being cancelled or getting a 3rd season, and new Sonic Boom toys are coming out June, so it may get a 3rd season. Only time will tell.

sonic team? effort? I dunno

Meh

So am I, moreso than Sonic Mania Plus.

I pray it's good, Sonic Racing games are a no-brainer really. Let's just hope its more like Riders, and less like All-Star. Fuck me did the first two Riders games have such enjoyable aesthetics and gameplay styles. Would be fun to have a new Sonic game we can all actually play together.

1: Pontaff
2: Mandates
3: Pontaff
4: Pic related went TROO FAR

Attached: hqdefault (1).jpg (480x360, 19K)

I'm excited too user, I just wish we knew more about it besides
>cars
>R

>four
was it really?

Well considering it was the last time it happened, and Black Knight technically proved they did go on a date, possibly.

Attached: BronzeDynamoFinal.png (964x628, 362K)

Attached: Breadnic supports LGBTQ+ rights.png (400x300, 168K)

Friendly Reminder that the current voice cast will be permanently replaced after Sonic Movie (2019)

Attached: file.png (800x450, 699K)

God, those quills look like shit. Also the mouth.

Cars is the only major disappointment, although it was expected and a minor gripe. I still hope for the game to be good.

Just means I'll stick to playing as the side characters because I literally can not stand seeing Sonic in a car. All the other characters in vehicles is fine, but Sonic in a fucking car makes me cringe every time it happens in a game.

The Classic-style logo, and big red "R" suggesting that it's very obviously a spiritual successor to Sonic R, makes me scared it's going to be another Classic nostalgiafest. Woo-hoo, more Green Hill, Chemical Plant, and only 8 characters because the majority of the cast is from the Modern Era.

I pray I am wrong, I miss seeing the kick-ass alternate racer costumes the characters got in Riders, like Rouge and Cream. Fuck it, now that it's an entirely-Sonic cast again, we can actually bring back Team Babylon.

Why not just have all the games in one timeline?
We don't need two separate dimensions.

>replaced
Possible

>permanent
Impossible

Outstanding user!

Do people really think his quills are not just elongated fur?

the eyes ruin it

What about Shadow?

>the boost gameplay was genuinely the best modern sonic gameplay
no

>just overall great and showed that with good level design they should be fun
you mean forced linear level design to compensate for reduced movement due to moving so fast

>and a bit challenging
>challenging
>boost to win

Putting boost in 3D was just a terrible idea.

If Sonic wasn’t in a car, then he’d win every race.

Attached: minimalistu.png (800x497, 84K)

The Sonic Racing game better have a large majority of the Sonic cast, if not I am not interested.

>mfw the sonic movie is the final nail in modern sonic's coffin

Attached: 7b248dfc7f8b2834e9706ae315ef7e5e6b31e5e9.png (658x630, 198K)

Thanks, that does look better.

We're used to seeing Shadow in cars at this point.

Attached: bd4988a33fafb3c5b3acaa7fe1ee4759.jpg (640x480, 39K)

Doesn't Sonic's coffin have enough nails in it already.

Dream Sonic Racers Cast:

>Sonic
>Tails
>Knuckles
>Amy
>Metal Sonic
>Eggman
>Shadow
>Silver
>Blaze
>Rouge
>Cream
>Team Chaotix (yes, all three of them crammed into one car, sounds hilarious)
>Mighty
>Ray
>Jet

Characters would have two or three vehicles to unlock, but have a default one themed around the character. Shadow for example gets his bike. Jet gets Extreme Gear. Rouge gets an Omegamobile.

DLC would open up opportunities to include shit like Classic Sonic, Emerl, Big, the missing Riders, ect

Would the Sonic movie being great propel Sonic back to prominence?

It’d be hilarious if the movie used the classic design instead to pander to nostalgia, causing all classic games to cease when the movie bombed.

Did the like the "Amy, take care of yourself" bit from SA2?

Attached: 1516326529260.gif (299x299, 2.59M)

Shadow's titular game defined him being in vehicles, and he doesn't quite have super speed like Sonic.

The Riders game actually had Shadow-style speed shoes which Shadow had by default so that is certainly an option, but we all know he really likes that bike.

Attached: Shadow - I really like the bike.png (621x458, 570K)

Yeah, but something about it pisses me off a bit. He can skate faster than sound and fire chaos spears, no need for a car/motorcycle and guns.

Attached: c953a98067e1988eb2f05a7f9ff55ff3--all-star-the-face.jpg (500x493, 55K)

>Sonic R successor
>no tails doll
>no metal knuckles

Mfw sega will fuck over whitehead & team and history repeats itself

Attached: Crusher.Joe[1983].-.The.Movie.-.[1080p.BD.HEVC.x265].[Jd].[DHD].mkv_snapshot_00.27.40_[2018.03.16_20 (1920x1080, 989K)

I want Pickle in it.

They think fans don't care for lore or personality, so now everyone will be effectively mute from now on, only able to express themselves with a series of grunts and limited facial expressions. Thank you classicfags.

>Which is why you painted and maintain it yourself, right?
Can Shadow paint and do repairs?

Okay, they can come too, my main thing here is that I want them to take advantage of as much of the cast as possible, giving them unique and quirky character-specific vehicles. Much like the Mario Kart games, I want this to feel like an actual racing event in the Sonic world, oozing with personality, and not just a gimmicky shovelware spin-off.

TOM HOLLAND IS
SONIC THE HEDGEHOG

Well, evidently

Well then, he's pretty good.

Attached: Shadow_31.png (2000x1154, 1.56M)

First time trying to draw Sonic

Attached: So ic.png (563x1000, 450K)

Terrible. Read Loomis.

Not a bad job. Would recommend looking up some Sonic drawing tutorials & keep practicing. Remember, never give up, user!

Lack of being canon aside, it proved that they were possibly about to go on a date.

Attached: MRINA MIRESTONE MRAYBE.jpg (720x477, 66K)

not a bad start. Ignore . Go read
Drawing on the right side of the Brain

Except against Shadow or Silver.

Sure it's your first time, but I'm not going to be nice and tell you it's good or whatever just because you're an amateur. I'm tired of mediocre art being praised.

It's garbage.
Learn how to draw basic shapes first.

Iizuka...

readyplayerone.wikia.com/wiki/Ready_Player_One_(film)#List_of_References

>Sonic the Hedgehog: The titular character is seen during the final battle in the Oasis and can also briefly be seen waiting in line for access to a portal in the Oasis. A Sonic stall in the Oasis Mall can be seen. Knuckles is seen at the Oasis nightclub.
>Monkey Ball: Ai Ai is seen during the final battle.
>NiGHTS: The titular character is seen during the final battle.
>Bayonetta : The titular character is seen during the final battle.

No elbows or arms curves.
Gross. Please try again.

Sonic will never be prominent for anything other than memes.

Ty! Gotta do it

Attached: 1445011701187.png (500x560, 179K)

krek

>Silver
???

Honestly, if you don't have any practice drawing, it's not that bad. I've definitely seen worse. Practice makes perfect, you should look up tutorials.
Remember to use shapes as a base, and make sure everything is level. Like the left ear, that needs to go down a bit.

Attached: 1453058776911.png (608x700, 117K)

sometimes I just want to chill and lamp
but I'm the protector of the emeralds and gems

Attached: 20180318_003500.jpg (5312x2988, 2.76M)

He's canonically a speed type and boosts in a Forces cutscene.

Hey, you got your Rouge in my Mina!

cute honey!

Rad OC!

Attached: 1509060251097.jpg (1322x2048, 476K)

>canon

The point is, he's fast in both Rivals games, Generations, and Forces. "Slow Rat" is an outdated meme.

>you're right but that doesn't mean I have to like it
Fair enough.

God fuck this book. I'm hoping the movie will somehow improve on it, the fact that the book was so praised despite being a poorly written circlejerk of references written by some uberautist really made me lose faith in people's taste.

>Knuckles at a club
hmm
youtube.com/watch?v=b7GH0MFcg0o

Attached: 1520285069582.jpg (403x444, 81K)

*BEEP* *BEEP*
Best ship coming through.

Attached: 809923c202264328544ee41fb2529ea0.png (800x1500, 584K)

Yes, he is a speed type. But he also only has 60% of the speed that other speed types have. He's a slow rat.

Thicc the Cat

Attached: 1521310399946.png (911x942, 300K)

>circlejerk of references written by some uberautist
rip Sonic Reborn

Is this for mania?

I WANT THOSE LEGS

>literally no proof
Whoa...

Attached: tumblr_oc9n7oHPxR1utfseao3_500.png (500x650, 136K)

Cute kitty!

>he didn't play Runners

>mobileshit
Not canon.

>canon

dude, mighty and ray are gonna get added nearly a year after the game's release
the window has been opened for DLC for this game, and if mighty and ray are in then there's little stopping the rest of the chaotix to get in as well
knock on wood, im praying my heart out

Attached: classic_chaotix__by_so0oper-d90te9b.jpg (788x1013, 131K)

it literally exists just to iron out some quirks in the canon. ex. Wisps being on Sonic's World, Knuckles ignoring the Master Emerald, etc.

They'll be in Mania 2: Classic Heroes.

They had better play the theme song in their trailer, or we riot.
youtu.be/T9E66ywToGU

I dunno, this first DLC has taken a year to come out and its just two characters that are glorified re-skins, and some small level tweaking for a "hard mode".

Sure you can make the argument that maybe release dates were pushed back because they wanted a physical release, and maybe the DLC wasn't worked on right away, but the fact that it's taken this long, to me, indicated that they probably wont be updating any further, as much as some new characters would print money.

If anything, they're gonna want to move on to Mania 2 if Iizuka so permits.