/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (speccy screenshot), OS, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Previous Thread:

Attached: 1521306451481[1].webm (854x480, 2.77M)

Other urls found in this thread:

romhacking.net/hacks/3913/
nicoblog.org/3ds-rom/resident-evil-revelations-region-free-3ds-cia/
pastebin.com/wiMgjrbc
gist.github.com/SonofUgly/db7ed64cae414bb8fa65d9d1152ea25b/
citra-emu.org/game/monster-hunter-4-ultimate/
hub.docker.com/r/citraemu/citra-multiplayer-dedicated/
github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin/pull/6450
youtube.com/watch?v=C7sEx6llAr8
thecolorffooff.tumblr.com/bluh
1fichier.com/dir/uC84F4rv
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

2D games getting widescreen hacks? wtf I thought this was impossible.

romhacking.net/hacks/3913/

Attached: 1521295906368[1].gif (640x480, 162K)

Reposting from the last thread

So, I need some help, cause I'm retarded, and don't know how cias work. I downloaded this

nicoblog.org/3ds-rom/resident-evil-revelations-region-free-3ds-cia/

thinking it was a rom, but it was a .cia, so I hit "Install .cia" then I hit load file on Citra, and it wasn't in the folder on my roms. How do I play it? This is the only 3DS game I've downloaded so far.

you need to own a 3ds and the game to run it on citra
/emugen/ does not support piracy

I have RE Revelations on PS3 and Steam tho.

then play it on those platforms

But I wanna try it out on Citra, to see how it will run

then buy a 3ds copy and a 3ds

But I don't wanna. I've already paid for the game twice. I don't wanna have to buy a console that's barely relevant anymore, and an almost 8 year old game just to emulate it.

>I've already paid for the game twice
You haven't paid for the 3ds version even once you filthy pirate
>I don't wanna have to buy a console that's barely relevant anymore
If its barely relevant then why do you want to play a game on it?

Because I want to test a game on it. One game. That's it. I don't support piracy myself.

A game you don't own on a system you don't own.
>I don't support piracy myself
Could've fooled me you pirate

Attached: 1521335259152[1].png (1360x728, 825K)

Any reason why my controller works offline in RetroArch but not with netplay? Using the PCSX-ReArmed core and can't figure it out, I unplugged every usb device except my controller and mouse, but it still won't respond in netplay.

but OoT3D doesn't have the crouch stab glitch

>adding a zipview link in a stupidly inefficient way
this.href.replace(/\.(zip|rar)/,".$1/")

Why would it be impossible?

search in a torrent site

Search for "decrypted 3ds roms".

Also, the saga continues: pastebin.com/wiMgjrbc

Going for pic related, issue was with files named like pc98-a.zip_meta.txt because I'm not searching for what the href ends with, just what it contains.
gist.github.com/SonofUgly/db7ed64cae414bb8fa65d9d1152ea25b/

Attached: Untitled.png (885x941, 75K)

Should accomplish the same, I just chose to put it on the file size since I don't know how one would normally access the preview.

Attached: firefox_2018-03-18_12-29-03.png (642x354, 32K)

I've been playing MH4U on my n3DS and with Citra's newest update, I've heard from /v/ that you can play games much better than before. So I just got done doing all of the setup Citra needs to have dumped and ported over to Citra. Well, MH4U doesn't run that great. Any tips to get it running better than 60% speed and reducing graphical artifacts? Just got done hunting the Dah'ren Mohran and had a red artifact on the screen the entire time. I didn't really mind it but the slowdown to 60% is constant on that map and even worse in Val Habar.

Any tips to get this performing a little better?

I'm on a i7-5930k, 2x980TI in SLI, 32GB DDR4 ram. I've already selected to use GPU rather than CPU.

>Any tips to get this performing a little better?
Nope, it just runs poorly right now. Check the compatibility list next time.
citra-emu.org/game/monster-hunter-4-ultimate/

Dude, don't pirate my image. Not cool.

Dude, don't pirate my image. Not cool.

Is using the valentin build the only way to disable the 3D effect in Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate?

Seriously, why would you release this? It's just going to make it so it's actually impossible to get stuff of archive.org . In the end you're only benefiting dumb redditors.

delete this

>Error: You cannot delete a post this old.

Valentin build?
I'm and wondering. Does this mentioned build allow MH4U to run better?

Attached: libretrohq.jpg (1603x1140, 601K)

The map shows a road called hunter. Is that where he took his name from?

3ds nointro when

Already exists.

brb, posting this to R****t.

fix when

Attached: 33175395-fb4840ac-d05b-11e7-849a-bd8ec86ccc1f.png (1920x1080, 652K)

the fix is to play a better game

It might. It has a stereoscopic controller that lets you disable the 3D effect and gives it a nice performance boost (though it still chugs in cutscenes)

>lets you disable the 3D effect
Does mainline Citra emulate the 3D switch being turned on?

I think so. The reason why Gen/XX runs better than 4U is because it has an in-game option to turn off the 3D setting

Hey, /emugen/tlemen. Newfag to these parts here. Trying to emulate OOT on 3DS. Got my 360 controller set up, yet I can't navigate inventory or control the camera in any way. Wat do?

Attached: imretarded.gif (240x180, 2M)

People who really want the good shit already know where to get it, and that's not on archive.org.

Citra

>There will never be a finished total-conversion ROMhack of Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask

Attached: tfw3.png (882x758, 17K)

Well Majora's Mask is basically a romhack of OoT

delete this post

Attached: get out.gif (300x225, 2.81M)

>total-conversion ROMhack of Ocarina of Time
what is this?

It's an actual fix bro trust me

Attached: get in.gif (300x225, 3.07M)

How do I host a dedicated Citra MP server? And not like, hosting myself and sitting in it but like the currently available dedicated servers that don't have a slot taken up.

Did you try looking at the various files included with Citra?

hub.docker.com/r/citraemu/citra-multiplayer-dedicated/

n-nani!?

there we go, max convenience

Attached: cmd_2018-03-18_15-29-52.png (516x247, 13K)

What is the point of this? It literally just downloads citra-canary and runs citra-room.

for deployment on third party servers with docker

>no Xbox redump

Attached: DUEkPaVX0AEJE7b.jpg (720x960, 113K)

WOW. Dolphin has just made a HUGE advancement. This is going to be FRONT AND CENTER in the next progress report. It FINALLY emulates a screen that it didn't before.

Attached: woah.png (640x480, 32K)

b-but

Attached: 2018-03-18_16-17-54.webm (786x592, 685K)

Sorry for not specifying, this is when booting the Wii's system menu.

OH FUCK HYPE

cia's are for installing on a real 3ds with cfw,citra can install games but not run them.A few can run if you convert them to cci but I never got any to work.For citra you need decrypted 3ds files.

I have it.

just like I remember

Attached: DQVII.png (2880x960, 3.55M)

why not just single screen toggle at that point

Source?

github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin/pull/6450

Hopefully it's configurable. I can see some emulation machines and casual users like myself wanting to boot directly without the health message.

>Good news user! It's not!

are shaders fucked with d3d11?

I'm applying any shader preset and it's mirroring the image

More options is bad, it will just confuse the user. Except when adding options that completely break the rendering of half the games, then that's fine.

Thanks Lioncash

Actually end-users are expected to install priiloader to the NAND, emulate holding reset on startup of console, then enable the "skip h&s message" in the priiloader hacks.

It all makes sense and won't confuse anybody since they already know how to do it.

Attached: ssss.png (876x672, 148K)

>Remembering when Rachel would listen to us, and make a pull request on Dolphin

Attached: tumblr_mmowstXcX51s8x0pwo1_500[1].gif (500x281, 420K)

>d3d11
>2018

Attached: mpv-shot0065.jpg (1280x720, 103K)

Who?

Dolphin dev that tried to swim with the Dolphins.

A ghost

F

youtube.com/watch?v=C7sEx6llAr8

PCSX2 sweating

remember when emugen was partially responsible for her death?

Can't use d3d12 on a system that is not garbage

>youtube.com/watch?v=C7sEx6llAr8
How is this even possible?

risc is much more efficient than cisc.

Nah, he blamed it entirely on RA. The blood is on Daniel's hands.

>We have been working on creating a custom port of an open source PS2 emulator for a while now
>Due to the complex nature of this project, and the fact that we are a small business that is trying to grow, we have to look at this from a business perspective. We will be moving to closed source and when we release this emulator (not any time soon, sorry guys) it will only be licensed specifically for RetroEvolved, and will be on an exclusive rights noncommercial license (so we retain the exclusive right to sell our Raspberry Pi consoles preinstalled with this PS2 emulator)
Someone alert SP

>We have been working on creating a custom port of an open source PS2 emulator for a while now
>Due to the complex nature of this project, and the fact that we are a small business that is trying to grow, we have to look at this from a business perspective. We will be moving to closed source and when we release this emulator

Attached: sh.jpg (1782x1026, 207K)

Oh wow it's fucking nothing then

No emugen told her to kill herself.

emugne is one person now cool

thecolorffooff.tumblr.com/bluh
>I asked her why she felt the need to do this. She replied saying that she had "incurable crippling diseases", specifically "RA
Daniel must pay!

ya ra pretty much infects everything it touches

Attached: Yami-marik.jpg (307x307, 31K)

>Just because she was trans (as am I, for what it's worth)
>She
>Has to add that they are part of the club too

Attached: 1499958334900.jpg (197x314, 19K)

are you intentionally being retarded?

are you?

>A tranny who offed themselves
Nothing of value was lost,don't worry about it

daily reminder dolphin is the best emulator because it emulates two systems and its basically like a girl who can take two dicks at the same time and not complain about it

pj64 on the other hand wont even give you a handjob at the bar

1fichier.com/dir/uC84F4rv

A vengeful spirit that haunts /emugen/. Ever seeking revenge.

Attached: Nintendo PlayStation Prototype Fixed, Demo by Modder Ben Heck.jpg (600x450, 55K)

why isn't this shit on the archive? Who's slacking? Will it work on a modded xbox?