/indie/ - Indie and Misc. games general

Another buggo edition

Previous thread >What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as Hollow Knight, RUINER, Cuphead, A Hat in Time, Heat Signature, LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, OneShot, Age of Decadence, VA-11 HALL-A, Subnautica, FTL, Machinarium, DashBored, Darkwood, Card City Nights 2, Braid, Monolith, Rain World, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, West Of Loathing, Stardew Valley, etc. as well as other games that just don't fit in any other general such as Atelier, Rayman, Pillars Of Eternity, Rise Of Nations, and Valkyria Chronicles. Absorbed the /lite/ general some time ago and /jrpg/ is welcome.
Oh, and Rimworld too I guess.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie and obscure games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in Veeky Forums), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral

Attached: _factorio_fanart__what_have_i_done_by_djderond-d9aubtd.png (1024x586, 197K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QiM3ZLGFics
mega.nz/#!hUEi1aJZ
pcgamesn.com/subnautica/subnautica-dev-fired
store.steampowered.com/app/452510/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

She's even got the dopey smile the sea dragon's have

youtube.com/watch?v=QiM3ZLGFics

And already the thread is ruined.

Killed in 2 posts, that's some quick stuff.

Shoo shoo Recluse.

No.

>Surviving Mars
>still being a heartless Russian oligarch cramming as many people into arcologies as I can
>their comforts are only great enough to have babies
>increase_the_means_of_production.exe
>get assaulted by waves of American capitalist robots trying to stop the wave of Communism in space
>they take out two of my domes, killing two hundred brave cosmonauts and plunging the other three into a cold, airless darkness by severing the power cables
>fight them off, recycling their American materials as my drones get to them
>just another day on Mars

Attached: A regular family.png (1053x1067, 1.23M)

Where the fuck can I discuss about Binding of Isaac/Nuclear throne in this board ffs. /rlg/ plays only rogue-likes but not roguelites too. Are roguelites welcome here too?

play dead cells!

They're twin stick shooters. Not "roguelites". There is no such thing as a roguelite. Get it right or go back to where you came from.

I'm stuck with a shitty laptop that won't run it...

nigger wat

It's the truth. Accept it or die.

Oh, pls

>laptop so bad dead cells doesnt work

n-no way I though I had the worst system on Veeky Forums
Im here in indie specifically because my laptop cant run anything new from the major companies

And I'm here because I always had a bad system and I was stuck with low-spec games but I'm not complaining. I enjoy these games.

Why is that Buggo screeching at a computer chip?

/egg/ joke

No, no, I get it's Factorio. But the computer chip generates no pollution.

Magic Wand

mega.nz/#!hUEi1aJZ

!83eOJR4tBvfIypzqRPL7Fc8XhWaKnv0usABp19tmtEE

Putting this near the top of the thread like I said I would. It's vaguely like Goblet Grottoes, if you've played that. Same dev.

Attached: Magic Wand.webm (636x472, 1.12M)

I don't know, maybe because green circuits are an integral part of spaceship infrastructure and by hissing at the circuit, the bug is protesting the very core of what the player is trying to accomplish in Factorio?

So guys, anyone in here that played Nuclear Throne? If so, I need a bit of help with weapons. What weapons should I aim for? I usually get a bullet based one and an energy based one but sometimes I run out of ammo pretty fast. Should I hold a melee one for a couple of levels? Are melee weapons good?

Oh man, it's been a while since I played. I remember for the early stages I would run a bullet weapon + melee and then later once I had better mutations (bullet recycling and bullets on kills) I would have Triple Machinegun/Hyper Rifle + Plasma Cannon.

Melee. Wrench until you can get a Sledge/Shovel until Ultra Shovel.
Couple that with either Energy, Bullets, Explosives, or Arrows. Plasma cannons, hyper rifles, nuke launchers, super crossbows.

sledgehammer is great, shovel has really slow attack speed so i dont like using it

Attached: 1453696870712.png (500x500, 34K)

Thanks a bunch guys! I'll definitely go for melee now.

And that was the last time user was heard from

Even so, Shovel is good for blocking lots of shots all at once.

Not really, lol. I just bought the game today, I'll need more info than that.

Can confirm, it saved my ass from the 2nd boss. (The big mechanical lad that fires a shitload of bullets and rockets.)

>lol

Why is Creepy Castle is such a pain to navigate, they didn't have to do this

I normally hate shooters but Doom 2016 is really winning me over with its fast-paced yet shitter-friendly mechanics
Any similar /indie/ fps out there I should know about?

Attached: doom-2016-cheats.jpg (640x325, 68K)

This is the place

Problem is that most people gave up on BoI last time I've been here (and it was awhile ago), dunno about Nuclear Throne

Quiet you

I've just seen in the thread description that it "absorbed" /lite/. Oh well...

Hi 4ddit

strafe

Did they fix it? I haven't played it but on release there's been plenty of negative feedback on how misleading trailers were

Dusk, maybe

still alive

Attached: 294100_20180318172835_1.png (1920x1200, 2.53M)

Comfy.

>tfw fallouts made my exploration playlist a bunch of big band tunes

subnautica is a lot more comfy with mack the knife in the background

Buddy is not a mary sue and is completely justified in being edgy

/indie/ is the home of the soylike

Is Carolfag still here?

Sup Redchan

There's been some etg posting here and every now and then nuclear throne pops up.

It was not broken its just a lousy game at its core and the updates didnt completely redesign the game or make the enemies any less braindead.

Time for school, /indie/.

Attached: Viki-Spotter-School.jpg (620x349, 34K)

Attached: heehee.png (548x437, 89K)

flash/10

LISA SPOILERS:

You can go all the way back to the very first campfire (ie right next to the very start of the game, not the thing in the tent a little later on) and get 100% risk free healing for the entire game.

Very tedious, though.

i dont want to go back

People feel sorry for this moron?

Attached: DVJKFRdVMAAw_Dw.jpg (834x1200, 109K)

I did this the first time I played and honestly this ruins the experience

>Going through that kind of trouble
>When you could just go kill some perverts in the shadowy tunnel of area 1 (and out of mags) and then go sleep in the nice bed in area 2 risk free for about half the backtracking, especially if you lose both arms

>Includes 284 Steam Achievements
Are they trying to gives kids autism

Probably trying to tap into that achievement hunter audlt autism market

>condolences from poland
hahahahahah

Is STALKER relevant to this general? Mostly because I'm looking for other sandbox/freeform FPS where fights are short and bloody and I liked how most things dropped in one magazine, sometimes even one or two bullets.

thanks its looking good but winters a bitch and I keep losing guys xd

got bedrooms

Attached: 294100_20180318192427_1.png (1920x1200, 2.16M)

>xd
Please don't do that. I can't take you seriously when you use these, I always imagine a kid who just learned how to use SMS and who thinks that adding "lol" and "XD" to all his posts make him cool.

xD

Weren't there a STALKER general?

Yeah, but it's mostly dead. Whenever I try to post it here, I'm told to go kill myself.

What are these things to the west of the solar panels? Jellyfishes?

Well, this thread isn't genre bound, you just drop random indie games and blogpost about playing them, but I don't think I've ever seen people discussing STALKER here or doubt that it fits into the vague definition of "indie" (since it's a huge franchise and the game was made by a studio)

Indie FPS games are pretty rare, probably because they're out of scope for small teams.

Not the guy you replied to, but /sg/ was one of my home threads time after time. Don't let a rude voice or to discourage you, a lot of posters (especially oldfags) are knowledgable and willing to help as long as you read the pastas and don't ask stg especially retarded.

human skeleton with no legs for some reason xd

I was thinking that maybe there was a diamond that I missed. I know DUSK came out recently, I wondered if there was another FPS that I missed. As long as enemies don't take an entire magazine before dropping, it's fine.

I'll try again later. Veeky Forums isn't good for having too many tabs open.

Kill yourself

Get out of here, stalker.

What mutations should I get at Nuclear Throne, guys? I usually go for hp regen chance/kill , increased max ammo, the one that denies lethal blow for me and gives me full HP the next level, increased melee range and this is what I can think of. Oh, also I play Crystal mostly and I get the teleport while shielded.

Subnautica devs did nothing wrong, the guy they fired was a moron. Please support those devs
pcgamesn.com/subnautica/subnautica-dev-fired

>"he's saying something I don't agree with"
>"therefore he should be banned"
That's fucking retarded, but it should be a testament to the fact that you can't say anything online.

horny 16 year old joins colony of 4 women
i built him a luxurious double bed. any bets which one he will take first?

Attached: 294100_20180318195809_1.png (366x96, 44K)

seriously dude what you did was fucking stupid, im going to keep enjoying your game without paying you a cent

and when I recommend it to my friends ill tell them what you did so they dont buy it either, hell ill send them the skidrow link directly

whens the dlc come put btw, im getting a little bored with it

skyes cute but her name is tumblr so id go with aranica

I'll bet on Kasumi because I jerked off to her Dead or Alive persona so much.

up

That's bad (being fired over your personal views) but not something unheard of, and when you're on the internet and have a product name slapped to your Twitter account, you probably should watch what you post

That's sad, but true. This is why I think devs should never be in direct contact with their fans.

>personal views
Is 'lmao identify as attack helicopter' even a 'view' inherently.

No, it's just a joke.

oh shit im down to 3 guys from 6

molotovs and nades fucked me up

he died a virgin

>play as Church of the New Ark for that space mormonism
>a fluke meteor hits my first dome the same day my first colonists move in
>still refueling my only rocket
>life support system can't take the strain of the dome's puncture
>everybody suffocates/kills themselves
That really energized my pistachios

Attached: That really empowered my fel.jpg (504x430, 21K)

Well atleast he'll go to heaven

ded

cells

Never played it. I'm the user with a super shitty laptop that runs Nuclear Throne and Isaac perfectly so I'm pretty much okay with that.

A shame.

About Ussingen?

Classic Crosby!

so when will this general get demolished by cross-board raiders spotting an easy target

anime

Attached: 1436541094966.png (730x1080, 460K)

Is that Archimonde?

What are some good anime indies

furi isnt anime but its pretty fucking anime

store.steampowered.com/app/452510/