mechlivinglegends.net/

Living Legends Server Stats (Use this to check if anyone is playing):
stats.spikx.net/mwll.html

Heavy Gear Assault:
store.steampowered.com/app/416020

Into the Breach:
store.steampowered.com/app/590380
intothebreach.gamepedia.com/Into_The_Breach_Wiki

M.A.V. (Now with more Chromehound legal rights!)
bombdogstudios.com/blog/

MechWarrior Online:
mwomercs.com/

How to start MWO:
youtube.com/watch?v=imffSrJ4O7s

Let the Flea hop into your life:
mwomercs.com/flea

>Have No Fear In Your New Fafnir:
mwomercs.com/fafnir

New Player's Guide to MWO (aka the Manual):
docs.google.com/presentation/d/1bmIEjECA6IbWRm92vmylZNv2QYVc5gXO7CT9jMITOrM/edit

All the MWO Models:
gamemodels3d.com/games/mechwarrior/

MWO Mechlab:
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab

Group Mumble Info:
kong.stepoff.com
port:7777

Attached: 1480824328640.png (1920x1080, 54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1670&v=2IQqpASKnWU
files.catbox.moe/qa5wn0.webm
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=537&l=2d9eab8dbc90e41162131cebb8bfe159a42fce6e
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=555&l=fd2de65bcb199c1dbe17471cf98ca6e1d9a1b5f6
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=100&l=1561ece61b4db05f05189d4211c97d8ec935361d
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=438&l=358b296df43880b20f32dac908ee65b2fb804c6d
mwo.smurfy-net.de/equipment#weapon_heatscale
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=555&l=1819876a6a04638205d1384bb6d2fea36a80b320
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

New pic?

Going so far deep down the rabbit hole, we're recycling recycled pictures depicting the unfunning of MWO, which has now been put through yet another unfunning.

So I want to get into MechWarriot Online. Is the a good idea or is it dead.

Also how can I get MW3 to still play music.

Not dead, just a bad game

This is so dead, its easier to get into a little match in MWLL than to find a 12vs12 in MWO, ind God forbid you to try to have an actuall CW drop in MWO novadays.

Quick play takes seconds

How come?

the meta it stagnant because only five weapons are great: clan gauss, clan HLL, clan ERML, and IS HGauss. if you're lucky you'll find borderline stuff like 4x EPPC Warhawk, 5x AC5 MX90 and 2x RAC5 Bushwacker, whichare mech specific

Is there a game mode filled with noobs who just use what they feel like? I want to play for fun.

>5 weapons
>posts 4

MWO operates under very strict anti-fun laws.

That'd be quick play. It's still filled with meta builds simply because they work the best, and success is typically more fun than failure. But it's still very possible to use whatever you want and do well, you just have to learn how to play around all the meta.

Just started playing mwo and need to buy a mech. Are any of the sales right now worth it?

Yeah it's called tier 4 and 5

No need to buy anything if you're just started.

Anyone happen to still have the link to the mega / torrent of the Battletech novel collection?

Apparently at some point I deleted my copies.

Attached: ebook.jpg (745x559, 162K)

Please stop making these threads. Thank you in advance.

How's the arctic wolf? I had been interested in the one that's on sale, so now that it's on sale I'm really tempted to grab it. Looks like it could be fun for something like mass srm2s, or maybe streak2s with a narc.

Also holy shit I just realized that the max engine on this thing lets it go up to 147 before speed tweak. Although since it's got nothing but missile hardpoints it's impossible to have a decent amount of ammo/armor if I were to do that, but that still means I can fit a pretty big engine if I want. Could do XL345, running just under 140kph before tweak, carrying 9srm2 with 5 tons of ammo, and have max armor.

>streaks ever

Just pack as many srms as possible and suicide into an assault

>ACW
You take Prime, load it with ECM, srm12 and quad HMLs, then you drive it like you have no armor.

I want to play a mech made of HSL, heatsinks, cool shots, and backstabbing. What am I looking for?

But what do I do with my c-bills?

>not wanting to go fast with streaks so you can put the fear of god into those piranha bastards that have been in just about every game since its release

But the arctic wolf isn't an omn-
>mfw I realize the ACW has both omni and standard battlemech versions
What foul sorcery is this? I may have to get one of those as well then, holy shit.

Attached: oh.gif (211x213, 1.68M)

ACWs were tested as a standard Battlemech production line, then converted to Omnis and built that way. 1st gen and second gen, basically.

If you literally just started, play your first, what is it like 25 games for the cadet bonuses? Play trial mechs until you get all your cadet bonuses. Make sure to try several of the trial mechs, the goal is to see if you end up really liking the way one of them plays. Mediums and heavies are your best bet though, as assault mechs and light mechs can be quite challenging to use well, even for experienced players.

If/when you're done getting your cadet bonuses, then it's time to stop and consider a few things. Figure out what you enjoyed using, which weapons worked for you, and which trial mechs you liked. Many mechs can carry similar weapon setups but play drastically different depending on many different factors, so you'll want to think about what playstyle you want to go for as well.

Also, one of your biggest decisions as a new player is whether you want to start with Inner Sphere, or Clan mechs. This distinction is important, because mechs from either side cannot share weapons or other equipment with mechs from the other side. So whichever side you choose you'll want to stick with for a while, otherwise you'll be paying not only for all-new mechs, but also for a bunch of new weapons and other things to use on those new mechs. I would seriously suggest getting a clan omnimech as your first mech however, since they can swap parts out to allow you to try many different weapon setups without having to buy a completely new mech.

Once you have that stuff done and figured out, then you can relay it here to get some pointers on which mechs are good that you might enjoy or at least do well with.

This sounds like me...Boated srm2s, nine of them, turned off overheat shutdown, rammed myself face to face and split the firing salvo to avoid ghost heat. Even if I died first on my team, because of the low cooldown srm2s I did 200-300 damage and one kill.

Elapsed game duration of my match was under a minute.

Protect the VIP Mech with your life!

Attached: V I P.jpg (1151x1010, 297K)

As long as you just use the standard game mode called quickplay, you automatically start matched against other noobs.

>But what do I do with my c-bills?
Don't start with lights, don't start with assaults.

Buy something simple and great like an ebon jaguar or a warhammer 6R for your first mech.

Is there ANY point to RAC/2s? I know RAC/5s are already very much niche, but RAC/2s are judt so much worse. Sure they're twice smaller, but they're not that much lighter, they don't give you that much range and they have twice less DPS (two times less damage for bullet). Pretty much any mech that can reasonably run a RAC/2 can run a RAC/5 and enjoy twice the DPS, even if you meme and put it on something like a Raven. And when it comes to boating, anything above 2 5s or 3 2s will give you spoopy heat, and 3 2s will weight more than 2 5s and do 25% less DPS. And to make it even worse, 5s and 2s are linked so you can't even make a dumb build like 2 5s + 3 2s.

Rac2s have much higher velocity and range so you can accurately hit moving targets at long range with them, or actually try to target specific bodyparts. Which is stupid because Racs are spray and pray close range weapons.

The real difference is that they run much cooler so you can combine them with other weapon types.

>skilltree fixed
>autocannons buffed slightly
>small lasers buffed slightly
>coolshots and strikes nerfed
>masc buffs

nice

>range
450 vs. 540 isn't a huge difference, really. I agree about velocity, though. And when it comes to heat, why would you run two 2s over 1 5? Same heat, same DPS, less weight.

Sale MAD-IIC is stronk, right? 9 energy hardpoints, looks gud.

You wouldn't ever have to run 2 2s. The point of adding a single rac to something is to blind or scare a scrub opponent who doesn't realize what he's being hit with and tries to seek cover instead of shooting you back.

Can't AC/2 or UAC/2 do the same for less weight and with more range? Won't look quite as cool, though.

A single ac2 or uac2 won't blind anyone or make anyone think they're being hit by multiple racs.

That's the thing about a rac mixed build. Almost no one runs on so everyone thinks it has to be a pair of rac5s or worse. That's why it works*.

*works only on scrubs who aren't aware** of their enemies and can't press R

**most players

Delightfully devilish!

>entire team runs away from it to get kills

I'm used to it whenever I play that mech.

>OC is ancient
It's still good.

>page 10

jej

This just in: You're going to have access to buy Prime-A-B omnipods for the freebie Sun Spider Hero if you played the holiday event for a Vanguard in December. So you're not stuck with just the one set of pods and can actually play around with builds without blowing real money.

>Solar Spooder standard pack omnipods will be available to buy for c-bills for everyone who has a christmas hero variant

very nice

Most excellent.

Attached: Good feels Griffin.png (1255x941, 1019K)

Attached: violence001.png (458x568, 57K)

>piggy actually doing cool stuff
Color me impressed

Of course you're going to. They don't know how to code it so people can get exclusionary access to purchasing cbill omnipods. I could have told you this months ago.

Default Vanguard got tooled around on stream, for people who want to see it at work. Of course, you're going to fuck around with the stock build.

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1670&v=2IQqpASKnWU

Mixing racs with other weapons is a dumb idea

>mix racs with lasers
>have to lead with racs, lasers are hitscan so you lose dps

>mix racs with missiles or other ballistics
>different projectile speed shits all over your accuracy, so either you miss a shitload of rac shells or a missile/ac salvo

Racs are for boating only

Racs with MRMs seem to work pretty fine? Stream the murms then shoot RACs, steam murms again when RACs are overheated. MRM40 has pretty lengthy cooldown.

The way legs look and how it walks reminds me a Stalker.

>HPG shows up on vote list
>everyone votes for it every time
>all they ever do is nascar around the center structure
>they never turn around and decide to actually fight until it's too late
>even when someone is telling them over voice that they need to stop nascaring they still keep going
When are they going to fix this fucking map? Almost every game is the same exact shit and I'm getting sick of it. Doesn't matter what mode, because every mode is nascar.

RAC MRM mixes fine on the Centurion,

It's fine if you're coming more or less straight at a target, but you have issues when someone's at an angle to you because the two don't lead quite the same. If the burst isn't longer than your MRM cycle it's OK, as you're generally spinning up and then firing after triggering the MRMs first.

If you can't stop the race, you gotta win it.

Attached: 1518258871485.jpg (700x846, 151K)

Why is Abe so based?

Thanks, you presented both sides fairly

Do any robots fit 2RAC in the torso and 3 4 MRM in the arms? that way you could lead them just fine

>tell people to come fight me in the basement
>I never actually go into the basement

Attached: 1498631770582.jpg (502x371, 28K)

Please stop making these threads. Thank you in advance.

files.catbox.moe/qa5wn0.webm

Mauler can do that all in the torsos. Would not recommend

Mauler missile humps make all of its missile builds shit for the same reason all Mad Cat missile builds are shit

dios mio... los mixtos, ay caramba

Attached: los goblinos de la peripheria.jpg (1400x4160, 1.42M)

>space brazil
gross

>lone blood asp nascar'd by 3 light mechs .jpg

>implying there's anything wrong with Dutch Asian or most of the other ones

BATTLEKEK: MUTTWARRIOR

>most

there's your answer right there

Attached: el vacĂ­o devorador de las estrellas lejanas.jpg (1615x1077, 827K)

>hawaiian/maori
Day. One. Pirate.

Attached: 13241234.jpg (413x395, 34K)

Meme build or semi-legit?
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=537&l=2d9eab8dbc90e41162131cebb8bfe159a42fce6e

Why not just put a MRM40 in LT?

Actually never mind.

mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=555&l=fd2de65bcb199c1dbe17471cf98ca6e1d9a1b5f6
Sincerely, Greg

>1 RAC/5 and 4xMRM10 in an Assault
That's not really much firepower.

Is this better? It even has a dead side to meme with
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=100&l=1561ece61b4db05f05189d4211c97d8ec935361d

i was just memeing at first but i think i'm actually gonna buy that onion, nothing else heavier has 2B in the torso and at least 1M in the arms

I think this will get pretty hot. I'm honestly not an expert, though.

Who are the top 19 strongest klords?

>African/North European

The future is soon now.

>implying there's even 19 KONG members that play anymore

Attached: 1521429868472.jpg (480x360, 103K)

who cares? They'll never see MRBC.

Do this instead, it has ECM and isn't an Orion
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=438&l=358b296df43880b20f32dac908ee65b2fb804c6d

>going fatter for the same weapon payload
>when orion has -10% heat gen, -15% missile cooldown, +15% ballistic velocity, a full dead side and huge armor quirks instead of wimpier structure quirks

fucking don't

Holy shit. Never mind, that build might actually be good.

i still play but i was never very good

meta isn't as important as skill. If you're not a complete retard you can do well in quickplay even if you're not following the meta.

>tfw somebody comments on your founders mech and you just feel ashamed

Attached: 1521286745373.jpg (480x639, 56K)

so what is ghost heat exactly? I'm using 6 MPLs, does firing all 6 at once generate more heat than if I fired 3 then 3

mwo.smurfy-net.de/equipment#weapon_heatscale

The chart linked shows how much you get fucked. Basically, if you fire too many of the same or similar type of weapon, PGI fucks you in the ass. If you space it out between 0.6 second gaps, the penalty won't kick in

>playing a zeus

Attached: zeus.png (536x443, 394K)

>this build
nigger u fucking what
this is not how you zoose
this is how you zoose
mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=555&l=1819876a6a04638205d1384bb6d2fea36a80b320
there is only one greg in this thread
fuck off with this garbage shit

Attached: 1516544838439.jpg (1270x1080, 872K)

>AC/10 in an stripped arm
is that really it

Do I really have to spend like a thousand of the premium currency to unlock a color? is there any other way to get more colors?

"Basic" colors (choose from the drop-down list) cost 1mil C-Bills each. They look kinda bad, though.

Get a Viper.