/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General:

Previous thread →

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
Switch: 3.0.0 (4.1.0 "eventually")
Wii U: 5.5.2
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.55
PS3: 3.55 (4.82 for 25xx models (minver 3.56) and below)

-GUIDES-
Wii U: pastebin.com/DhfG6z7F
Switch: switch.hacks.guide/
Vita: pastebin.com/6DjeR08L
PS3: pastebin.com/6rH9Fc2E

-RECENT NEWS-
>Switch
[Mar 12] Firmware update 5.0.0 released. Do not update.
[Feb ??] SciresM is working on a custom firmware for Switch called Atmosphere: github.com/SciresM/Atmosphere-NX
[Feb 18] nx-hbmenu released. Homebrew Launcher for 3.0.0. It's happening. Instructions: switchbrew.github.io/nx-hbl/
[Feb 17] "fusée gelée", a PoC coldboot exploit has been teased and is said to be unpatchable. twitter.com/ktemkin/status/964780654142484481

>Vita
[Mar 14] VitaShell 1.83 released. github.com/TheOfficialFloW/VitaShell/releases/tag/1.83
[Mar 11] TheFlow released the exploit for 3.65, still requires 3.60. github.com/TheOfficialFloW/update365
[Feb 24] TheFlow has an exploit chain for 3.67, but is going to leave it until at least the end of the year before releasing.

>PS4
[Feb 28] "Holy Grail" PS4HEN released, allows running unsigned packages and much more. wololo.net/2018/02/28/ps4-4-55-holy-grail-ps4hen-released-enables-pkg-support-homebrew-backups/
[Feb 28] 4.55 kexploit released. wololo.net/2018/02/28/ps4-4-55-jailbreak-specterdev-releases-full-implementation-payloads-pending/
[Feb 27] 5.05 webkit exploit released. wololo.net/2018/02/27/ps4-exploit-5-05-webkit-exploit-released-4-55-functional-jailbreak-probably-matter-days/

>PS3
[Mar 3] PS3Xploit 3.0 HAN released, enables running unsigned packages on any model PS3 on any firmware wololo.net/2018/03/14/ps3xploit-3-0-han-released-compatible-ps3s-firmwares-4-81-4-82/

Attached: a85429ccc3be6d4321045c0ece648f842deff335_1_500x500.jpg (500x500, 247K)

Other urls found in this thread:

downloadgameps3.com/list-all-game-ps4/
twitter.com/SiIicaAndPina/status/975573630540107776
archive.loveisover.me/foolz/thread/589102/#q589933
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Reminder that PS3Xploit 3.0 was not worth waiting for.

5.05 when?

Attached: 1521294893336.jpg (2500x1767, 774K)

But it was, the only bothersome part is injecting rigs, but when you've done that it "just werks"

Shit guys, I fucked up.
I fucked up.

Just saw my entire 5.05 kernel entrypoint posted on bugzilla.
Fuck.

Attached: dont update.png (278x186, 12K)

me on the back holding the coffee pot

so i see that a bunch of isos from archive are gone, especially nintendo stuff like the redump gamecube and wii. has that been uploaded somewhere else? the links in emu wiki are mostly dead

you'll have to find the torrents of those romsets and just pick the games you want

Someone buy me a Switch

Sent.

FUCKING HACK 5.05 NOW NOW NOW NOW REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Alright, FTP file transfer is too fucking long on my wifi and for the games I want. Is splitting my PKG's a viable option?

just use ethernet cable

hi gib 3.67 cfw pls

thank

is there a ps3 homebrew for over clocking? Drakengard 3 gives me motion sickness

Laptop doesn't have ethernet port
Neither does my dorm

>is there a ps3 homebrew for over clocking? Drakengard 3 gives me motion sickness
Had the very same problem, two things you can do.
Play in 480p, that somehow improves the framerate by quite a bit, good fucking luck with branch E though
Wait for RPCS3 to fix the game, buy a 7600k and play it that way, it run way better than the PS3 could ever hope to.

me with the balloon

Attached: 1511188967760.jpg (1200x803, 660K)

ill try in 480 desu i only got this ps3 because i got bored of waiting for rpcs3

Attached: 1510721014633.jpg (3500x2480, 1.34M)

Any updates on 5.05 for ps4? Be nice to have it for far cry 5 and mlb 18.

Have the devs said why they arent releasing it even tho 5.50 probably patched it?

Gonna be on 6+ by the Fall releases, may as well release 5.05 if its similar to 4.55

Do the "Amazon left my package and it got stolen" trick

Utawarerumono remake NEVER EVER

Attached: Utameme.jpg (600x849, 166K)

this is a very roundabout way of trying to make people play the utawarerumono games

How do you think Switchax is gonna work?
>4.1.0 downgraded to 3.0.0 then install CFW
or
>CFW for every version
I kind of hope it includes downgrading personally, installing CFW on the 3DS was really fun.

Attached: 1494119867813.png (504x836, 501K)

CFW up to 4.1.0

So I was a retard a while back and accidentally let my Wii u update.
How shit is the new browser method? Can I use it to just install a bunch of games at once and not need to deal with it again? Or does it take like an hour or bruteforcing?
Can I install eShop stuff or is it only with haxchi?

Attached: 71zkMqw6J0L._SL1500_.jpg (1500x928, 96K)

Read the guide, retard

Browser exploit crashes a lot. Takes a few system restarts just to get into homebrew launcher.

Is there a recent PS2 compatibility list for slims?

>downgrading
>e-fuses
HAHA, no.

Google it. Majority of PS3 scene shit hasn't changed in years.

I obviously did? That's why I was confirming haxchi was needed for eshop, etc.
Well as long as it's only a few I guess I can just go ahead with it.

i wanna sugg and fugg kanna

>Paid like $295 for an OG PS4 which is my 2nd one
>Worth every penny

A nigga had to buy a 5TB external HDD I wasn't playin

Attached: JDownloader 2.jpg (1346x552, 372K)

>Make a post on /hbg/
>no replies

>Make a post on gbatemp
>"have you tried updating Luma"

Fuck this shit im done

And not a single good game was downloaded on that fine day

Downgrading is not in the realm of possibilities for the switch. Cfw on everything but 5.0+

It's a Monday work/school day @ 5am on West Coast. Expect /hbg/ to be dead.

Lmao most of those games are on the pc

What happened, my dude? I just woke up and im no expert but i could help

Please care to name some PS4 games you consider "Good" because I' have way more on my External itself or I own a physical copy already.

I'm really curious though name some.

You really think I care I don't give a SHIT about PC now fuck off nigga.

Attached: 1521207838156.webm (640x640, 1.02M)

>comes to user imageboard
>uses name, tripcode
please do not reply to tripfags

Beware any of them that need fixes, i've only dealt with one and it was a complete failure. They say you're supposed to apply them before install but that just errors, doing it after corrupts the game.
I'm sure it was just a shit fix.

If it had any I'd have bought a ps 4

Jesus all migty source me on that cow

larkin love

Especially not that nigger Joshua

Been on Veeky Forums for 8 years bruh now run along.

I go to PSXHax and pretty much they work. They test the games there.

Also here downloadgameps3.com/list-all-game-ps4/

Attached: 1460306039249.jpg (640x640, 60K)

Your loss my nigga, pc is just way better than those shitty home consoles

His name is Joshua?
What the fuck? He's an actual nig, why is his name so white and normal?

>put in a 2TB
>only used about half of it
>still haven't played any

Attached: ps4-no-games.jpg (1920x5407, 1.76M)

PCucks have said this for years and NOBODY cares because otherwise PS4,Xbone,and Wii U would have flopped.

Now excuse me while I try out these multiplats on my PS4 instead of PC master race.

Attached: 1475582744919.webm (1280x720, 2.25M)

Isnt that timmy thick or whatever?

My bad

*Switch

Wii U did flop lmao

All i know is my gravity rush remaster is not fixing. I'm wondering if i can get away with just ftping the param.sfo since i'm sure it's the downloaded flag in there, don't have an account on psxhax so i can't check for solutions.

Just get a fucking account on PSXHAX it's free and easy. They have all the PS4 PKGs there.

why the fuck did you remove 3ds from the OP?
new games are comming out this year

>tiny dick Ruggarell posting ITT
Lmao

What?

Any way to OC a ps3? I wouldnt expect to be able to oc a ps4 rn but if that's possible gimme somadat too?

You can't OC them

drakengard 3 works fine with remoteplay to vita

Attached: 1520871745885.jpg (1600x1000, 756K)

how did you get the remoteplay to work? i tried to edit param.sfo to allow remoteplay for nier but my ps3 just crashes after i try to boot it on my vita

Aside from minor audio popping, Persona 5 runs fine on Vita too through PS3 remote play

i couldnt get nier to work either desu i tried all three of the options same thing just crashed the ps3

sugoi ill probably do that when i go to play it

ah, damn. oh well

if you can find the game as a pkg instead of an iso you might get better luck

If you're running rebug cfw, games should be automatically flagged for remote play. If not then you have to turn on flag in param.sfo inside the game folder. Keep in mind that not all games work. You either get crashes, unstable framerate, or audio glitches.

Holy shit how do I get the PS3 HAN ACT/IDPS Dumper to work? It is my 5th time doing this process.

How did you get rid of the black bars issue? Game launched from folder dump works fine for me, but P5 installed through a PKG has black bars top/bottom of the screen

never got round that on my ps3 or pc so i just bought a rebug ps3

Yo bois, do we have a way of updating games on 4.1.0? I bought a new game thinking it'd arrive before Ninty locked us out of the eShop, but it seems like I was too late.

Nier is fickle, you run it as an iso or not at all.

Make sure your console is activated with the psn account you're using. Make sure the USB is in the right slot. Load the exploit page from a blank page.

guess i'll have to repack my translated replicant as iso then

I'm not sure how. I just assume the game is somehow forced to run at 480p during remote play instead of 720p so that's why you get those black bars.

How do you tolerate network latency? Even over local wifi shit always feels like 200 ping.

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
dirty scum

Depends on the game and your network conditions. I can imagine playing an action game being hell, but for turned based/VNs it shouldn't be that bad.

I have none desu i bought a second router so i could have a subnet in my room so i'm right next to it

twitter.com/SiIicaAndPina/status/975573630540107776

Attached: lmao.png (578x394, 72K)

Says the guy not releasing anything.

Couldn't you just use the stationary system on a television in your room then?

hai but being able to play the games on vita is nice too desu

Sure, if it's on the Vita. But since it requires both system I don't much see the point.

if you dont see the point then remote play isn't for you desu

That's appears to be a different guy.

archive.loveisover.me/foolz/thread/589102/#q589933

So is there any definitive way to install ps3 packages? I heard that you cannot install anything beyond 4GB without splitting them?

I get my student loan at the beginning or end of april should i got for a switch or ps4 and can i get exploitable firmwares buying them new or should i just look for them pre owned?

don't use student loans for unnecessary purchases user, also don't take out the maximum amount in student loans

>updates and patches are coming out for 3.60 maidump
3.65fags btfo

this is uk student loans desu so it's essentially free money. i'm gonna save the majority of it for rent when i finish uni

you keep on gobbling up my dumps dude

>UK Student Loans
>Free money
>2018
Ha back when I went to Uni 10 years ago maybe. You're paying out the ass for it now, son.

I didn't realise the bullshit with the Sony microSD card thing when I got my Vita now I'm on 3.60 with homebrew and have pirated games and everything and I can't store like anything on the main memory without formatting this microSD. Is this something I need that sd card tool for? How am I supposed to store the psp isos and the vita games on this sd card exactly?

It doesn't matter, a loan is a loan. You should only borrow money for life necessities and progress towards paying it back. You do NOT want to be in debt for the rest of your life, especially once interests start building up.

darksiders was in a humble bundle for peanuts
if you didn't own it already i suspect you're a homeless person that brought a laptop and PS4 into a mcdonalds

hai but you only have to pay back 5% of your wages so it's essentially a small tax bump

i literally dont care i'm recieving the same someone living in housing would get accept i'm living at home 5% of my pay doesnt seem like a problem and ill only get that if i earn over 25k